Prestige Level FL?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

sampak #21 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 16:22

Captain

• Players
  • 13043 battles
  • [DTD] DTD

Wow. I played the first week this year almost exclusively and reached tier 14? Next 2 rounds I think I only played 3 4 days total. I'm at tier 17 maybe now? Haha.

I figured out I need to reset and cap to make ranks in a match but I've been very inconsistent. Made General maybe 1 time ever. The rest of them stayed scrub/LT/Major a few times.

Having 3 slow Heavy turds (Tiger 2, T34, Maur) and a Panther 2 I'm exceptionally bad with (as my w/r in it says) I barely manage 3 to 5k damage at the most and often lose credits. The first week of it I did well enough to get hooked at the time, but that was likely in part due to the free 15 match Progetto 46 rental. If it wasn't nearly 50 bucks (11,000 gold) I may buy it because it is a fun tank, but I'm also of the mind that the (certain) tier 8 Premium tank FL meta is quite.....regrettable? Blah. I'm bad anyway lol.

Jryder #22 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 18:22

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13911 battles

View PostRacWisco, on Apr 22 2019 - 04:09, said:

I agree with you. Winning should mean something as should taking out a turret. One thing that really frustrated me was getting on cap early, 1st wave so to speak, and getting whacked and seeing 3 other guys get the cap points. Happens a lot, but oh well.

The problem is that if taking out the turrets were more profitable, the games would be even shorter. Every game would play the same: Massive push in one column followed by wheelies taking down the guns. The number of wheelies would be even greater than it is now since they are the easiest/fastest road to victory.  The fact that taking out the big guns doesn't help much rank-wise is what keeps game lengths longer.

I am just happy that that doesn't happen every single game now.

I am Prestige tier 4 + 10. Trying to do 45 levels per week so that I have a cushion in case I can't play a week.

Edited by Jryder, Apr 22 2019 - 18:27.

Veracks #23 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 18:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22785 battles
  • [SU] SU
Am I the only one who does a single prestige level per episode? I could definitely do more than that, but I feel it would burn me out. The way I see it, I'll get all the shiny prizes by the end of it, so rushing it doesn't matter much to me.

Altwar #24 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 18:38

Major

• Players
  • 58452 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View Postmbrolin, on Apr 22 2019 - 04:01, said:

I'm on Prestige 1 and 27 on way to 2. It is way too frustrating. I'm averaging Captain now but, I've still never gotten General. 

I'm on 26 on my way to Prestige 1.  Haven't made General either (haven't played anywhere near that level I figure). Really wasn't interested in playing Frontlines much until I decided to join the speedier meta and break out my HWK 12, and Bat Chat 12t, and train a couple new crews.   I figure to use those and my FV4202 next month for the rotation in May, foregoing the T25 Pilot and Type 59 which felt like they were stuck in mud when I took them out this time.

I've had those light tanks unused in inventory since the changes to lights in the tech tree way back in whatever update it was.  They were actually pretty fun to operate until later Sunday evening when I experienced lots of lag that had me fall off some cliffs, turn in circles for no apparent reason and even had me drown a couple times when the tank would just veer off a bridge.  Other players were mentioning the same thing during play so I wasn't alone apparently.  

mbrolin #25 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 18:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34040 battles
No, for some of us it takes 2 episodes to even get 1 prestige. 

View PostVeracks, on Apr 22 2019 - 17:25, said:

Am I the only one who does a single prestige level per episode? I could definitely do more than that, but I feel it would burn me out. The way I see it, I'll get all the shiny prizes by the end of it, so rushing it doesn't matter much to me.

RacWisco #26 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 19:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 75061 battles
  • [MOOBS] MOOBS

View PostVeracks, on Apr 22 2019 - 17:25, said:

I thought the same but want a cushion in case some kind of emergency pops up.

ThePigSheFlies #27 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 20:07

Major

• Players
  • 75773 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

the past year and a half I've had sporadic, but heavy travel assignments from work.  I'm on a home stretch for a bit, and honestly enjoy not being forced to fight in a fishbowl that is the regular trash maps that have been around for too long like Mt Pass, Ensk, and Himmels.

as a result, I'm at 4.26+ on the prestiges.

Roggg2 #28 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 21:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 21971 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
I've got Prestige 2, and tier 8 on the third.  I'm behind a little bit as I planned on getting 10 by the last episode.  I didn't get much opportunity to play episode 2.

wc_nighthawk #29 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 01:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24567 battles
  • [23AEF] 23AEF
Hit Prestige 4 and 5 this week.  Would've had Prestige 4 last month, but another MMO I play had their anniversary event going, so I had to split my time between the two.  This month I was able to focus solely on WOT, so I played catch up.

malaclase #30 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 04:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 22862 battles
I have a technique that always works for me to get higher ranks (major and general), if you are interested send me a message and I'll explain to help you

mbrolin #31 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 12:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34040 battles

View Postmalaclase, on Apr 23 2019 - 03:19, said:

I have a technique that always works for me to get higher ranks (major and general), if you are interested send me a message and I'll explain to help you

I'm interested, by why not share it for all?

xXx_Dead_Zombie_xXx #32 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 12:55

Major

• Players
  • 41422 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View Postmbrolin, on Apr 22 2019 - 07:55, said:

No it isn't. At least in the respect of increasing Prestige if  you win. As it is now you have two types of people mainly playing FL. Those who play to win and those who are trying to Prestige. They way they have it set up is you prestige to farm. They use totally different strategies. This makes the two groups work totally against each other, and friction between the two. Each group complains about the other. It's a whole a lot more fun when you know the other people on your team at least have the same goal as you. 

I dunno, i have no problem getting Major or General when i win or lose.. just play the game to the best of ur ability and do what you can to help in cap areas. I personally could care less what the other 29 people are getting as far as rank, as I am sure they could care less what rank i get or got.

mbrolin #33 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 14:16

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34040 battles

View PostDead_Zombie, on Apr 23 2019 - 11:55, said:

I dunno, i have no problem getting Major or General when i win or lose.. just play the game to the best of ur ability and do what you can to help in cap areas. I personally could care less what the other 29 people are getting as far as rank, as I am sure they could care less what rank i get or got.

So you get general every time, well Good for you. I seriously doubt, seeing at least 30% of the games I have played in there were no Generals at all, and a number of those no Majors too. But you are not everyone. Over 3 episodes and over 40 hours, I've never made General. You don't care about anyone else but yourself. Fine. That is why WG needs to make Goals of gaining prestige and winning align. Your the Example of why we need. If I'm on a team who everyone is out for themselves, at least make the game mode so that people going for their own selfish goals get to the same destination.  

RacWisco #34 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 15:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 75061 battles
  • [MOOBS] MOOBS

View Postmbrolin, on Apr 23 2019 - 13:16, said:

So you get general every time, well Good for you. I seriously doubt, seeing at least 30% of the games I have played in there were no Generals at all, and a number of those no Majors too. But you are not everyone. Over 3 episodes and over 40 hours, I've never made General. You don't care about anyone else but yourself. Fine. That is why WG needs to make Goals of gaining prestige and winning align. Your the Example of why we need. If I'm on a team who everyone is out for themselves, at least make the game mode so that people going for their own selfish goals get to the same destination.  

Dude....baby powder that wee bottom. He gave a very non judgemental response and you came unglued. Why? Because he didn't have the same opinion as you? I got several Generals and Majors too and could care less if you cant get them. Not my problem. It is yours and the way you play and more than likely your attitude.

mbrolin #35 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 16:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34040 battles

View PostRacWisco, on Apr 23 2019 - 14:57, said:

Dude....baby powder that wee bottom. He gave a very non judgemental response and you came unglued. Why? Because he didn't have the same opinion as you? I got several Generals and Majors too and could care less if you cant get them. Not my problem. It is yours and the way you play and more than likely your attitude.

LOL, who came unglued? Do you hear yourself?

RacWisco #36 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 75061 battles
  • [MOOBS] MOOBS

View Postmbrolin, on Apr 23 2019 - 15:46, said:

LOL, who came unglued? Do you hear yourself?

My hearing is excellent. Thank you for your concern.

Griffon327327 #37 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 18:01

Captain

• Players
  • 89259 battles
  • [NVRDY] NVRDY

obj 416 easy grind in frontline as all those massive armor heavys are like tissue paper if you use a 340 pen gold round

make tons of credits in frontline so the occasional gold round to take out your defender or obj252 easy as pie is well worth it in order to hear the cries of no fair from opposing guy in dead op tank taken out by a lil ole medium is like music to my ears

I play frontline to grind crew skills ... you can level up crew very easily in frontline

mbrolin #38 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 18:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34040 battles

View PostRacWisco, on Apr 23 2019 - 16:36, said:

My hearing is excellent. Thank you for your concern.

Your welcome. My whole point is people play Selfishly. He admitted it. So he proved my point. I'm not saying that is wrong. Winning is selfish. I'm saying WG was wrong in making two main goals of FL so contrary to the other. Gaining Prestige has no baring on winning the game. That is wrong. Not a player playing for their goals.

RacWisco #39 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 18:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 75061 battles
  • [MOOBS] MOOBS

View Postmbrolin, on Apr 23 2019 - 17:10, said:

Your welcome. My whole point is people play Selfishly. He admitted it. So he proved my point. I'm not saying that is wrong. Winning is selfish. I'm saying WG was wrong in making two main goals of FL so contrary to the other. Gaining Prestige has no baring on winning the game. That is wrong. Not a player playing for their goals.

I am guessing without running it they were not able to predict how people would react to trying to get a "mystery" tank. I have the same goals in this mode every time I play. Have fun and rank up. Winning especially on defense is relying on TDS that play to far back and people insisting on running heavies in open terrain. Frustrating to see a TD set up where he can not even see an objective.

mbrolin #40 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 19:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34040 battles

View PostRacWisco, on Apr 23 2019 - 17:58, said:

I am guessing without running it they were not able to predict how people would react to trying to get a "mystery" tank. I have the same goals in this mode every time I play. Have fun and rank up. Winning especially on defense is relying on TDS that play to far back and people insisting on running heavies in open terrain. Frustrating to see a TD set up where he can not even see an objective.

I can agree to all this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users