Jump to content


x5 Experience Mission Incorrect Pricing?


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Garandster #1 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 19:48

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 6134 battles
  • 1,273
  • Member since:
    04-12-2018

So I was happy to x5 missions offered since I do want to push past a few lack luster tanks and put some XP on the Leo. However looking at the price it seems quite high compared to the last time they were offered, and after checking EU there was quite the disparity. While I do realize they are separate clusters and can have separate pricing we are normally close to each other. Is the pricing correct?



ThatoneguyKaz #2 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 19:53

    Captain

  • Players
  • 20516 battles
  • 1,568
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    02-28-2013
Id be willing to pay 10ish for 25, but not nearly 30. I got better things to do with my dollas, like more lotr stuff

TankerHank #3 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 20:14

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 31154 battles
  • 224
  • Member since:
    06-11-2011

Why not 20X experience for say a couple thousand?

 

One of the problems with this game is the grind, turns off a lot of players.  What does WG do?  Offer a quicker grind, but pay for it.  All the hours many of us have put in are now being disrespected.  I know it's a business and really isn't pay to win, but it just feels like a slap to the face.  Not to mention all those folks who need to learn the game before advancing to tier ten in one week.  

 

Boooooooo.



AnArmyofBun #4 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 20:18

    Major

  • Players
  • 13127 battles
  • 4,102
  • [SUX] SUX
  • Member since:
    12-08-2012
Way too expensive.

ThatoneguyKaz #5 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 20:38

    Captain

  • Players
  • 20516 battles
  • 1,568
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    02-28-2013

View PostTankerHank, on Apr 22 2019 - 20:14, said:

Why not 20X experience for say a couple thousand?

 

One of the problems with this game is the grind, turns off a lot of players.  What does WG do?  Offer a quicker grind, but pay for it.  All the hours many of us have put in are now being disrespected.  I know it's a business and really isn't pay to win, but it just feels like a slap to the face.  Not to mention all those folks who need to learn the game before advancing to tier ten in one week.  

 

Boooooooo.

 

or you can realize that many of their player base is not 12 year old kids with nothing to do, but are, older people with jobs, families and lives. So giving them access for their time is highly valuable

TankerHank #6 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 20:57

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 31154 battles
  • 224
  • Member since:
    06-11-2011

View PostThatoneguyKaz, on Apr 22 2019 - 19:38, said:

 

or you can realize that many of their player base is not 12 year old kids with nothing to do, but are, older people with jobs, families and lives. So giving them access for their time is highly valuable

 

I know, we live in an instant gratification world.  I've been playing this game for a while and still only have 10 or so tier tens unlocked.  In a way, it's great for the players who want to buy there way through the game.  I'm one of those old guys, but I sure think differently about the time and money I've spent to support this game.

bockscar43 #7 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 21:43

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 32336 battles
  • 1,669
  • [PL1AR] PL1AR
  • Member since:
    01-01-2015
Are these the same as or similar to personal reserves?

ThatoneguyKaz #8 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 21:49

    Captain

  • Players
  • 20516 battles
  • 1,568
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    02-28-2013

View PostTankerHank, on Apr 22 2019 - 20:57, said:

 

I know, we live in an instant gratification world.  I've been playing this game for a while and still only have 10 or so tier tens unlocked.  In a way, it's great for the players who want to buy there way through the game.  I'm one of those old guys, but I sure think differently about the time and money I've spent to support this game.

 

sure. im a beast of instant gratification, ive no inclinatoon to grind thru tanks i dont enjoy to get to ones i will. Also this is a huge boon to crew grinding, which is tedious af

Garandster #9 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 21:51

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 6134 battles
  • 1,273
  • Member since:
    04-12-2018

View Postbockscar43, on Apr 22 2019 - 15:43, said:

Are these the same as or similar to personal reserves?

 

Not really. You don't pick when to use them, once you buy the pack the missions are credited to your account and will automatically be used. The missions have no limit to the amount you can use on a single tank, the only limitations are that you must have already done your x2 for that tank and need to place in the top 10 XP on a victory (a little safety net).

bockscar43 #10 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 22:12

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 32336 battles
  • 1,669
  • [PL1AR] PL1AR
  • Member since:
    01-01-2015

View PostGarandster, on Apr 22 2019 - 21:51, said:

 

Not really. You don't pick when to use them, once you buy the pack the missions are credited to your account and will automatically be used. The missions have no limit to the amount you can use on a single tank, the only limitations are that you must have already done your x2 for that tank and need to place in the top 10 XP on a victory (a little safety net).

 

Thanks for the heads up, friend

Necrophore #11 Posted Apr 22 2019 - 22:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 30926 battles
  • 4,165
  • [GZRS] GZRS
  • Member since:
    02-19-2012
I thought that felt like a big price increase over the last time they were offered. I guess they thought NA player wouldn't check the other servers.

DetectiveHoots #12 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 00:11

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9165 battles
  • 172
  • [FLARE] FLARE
  • Member since:
    05-10-2013
Why are the offers for NA about twice that of EU? The dollar rate exchange is not that bad. The price is way too outrageous for me to even consider spending my money on that.

bravo9er #13 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 00:06

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 25859 battles
  • 693
  • Member since:
    04-21-2013
I saw that price and $1/battle sounded outrageously pricey.  This explains it.  Let's just hope it's just a mistake and WGNA is not intentionally trying to ream us.

AnArmyofBun #14 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 00:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 13127 battles
  • 4,102
  • [SUX] SUX
  • Member since:
    12-08-2012

View Postbravo9er, on Apr 23 2019 - 16:06, said:

I saw that price and $1/battle sounded outrageously pricey.  This explains it.  Let's just hope it's just a mistake and WGNA is not intentionally trying to ream us.

 

They're trying to ream us.

Engineer777 #15 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 03:55

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 21912 battles
  • 277
  • Member since:
    01-03-2013

I thought the same thing. For the same price as 25 x5 xp missions, you could buy about 60 +100% XP 1 hour PRs. At 10 battles an hour, that's 600 battles.

x5 actually means +400%

+400%*25battles=+10,000%xp

+100%*600battles=+60,000%xp

Both cost the same, one grants more than 5 times the xp.

Note: There's discounted bundles for the x5 missions, but same for the PRs. You can also buy gold for up to 50% off (Christmas boxes) and then use that discounted gold to buy PRs in-game. Of course, PRs can also be earned; then again x5 weekends happen.

If they just offered them in-game for like 200-250 gold, I'd by loads of them.


Edited by Engineer777, Apr 24 2019 - 03:58.


FastForward7 #16 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 04:34

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 11619 battles
  • 511
  • Member since:
    03-31-2011

View PostThatoneguyKaz, on Apr 22 2019 - 20:38, said:

 

So giving them access for their time is highly valuable

 

I can promise you one thing. No one at WG has ever stopped for one single second to give any thought to the "value" of your time. They don't care. They're a business, and their goal is to make money, period. They don't care if you're a 15 year old with mom's credit card, or a 45 year old father of three. They just know that people will buy this. By allowing folks to bypass the grind they're trying to put an extra dollar in their pocket, not do you a solid. 

 

I'm not trying to get too philosophical on this, either, but if you're willing to pay money to literally skip the game, just to jump to another phase of the game (different tank) that you don't even know if you'll enjoy, are you really having fun at all? Just something to think about. 



Atragon #17 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 12:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 44096 battles
  • 4,973
  • [FINES] FINES
  • Member since:
    04-22-2012

Youre just buying XP. Why not buy gold convert XP to free xp. This paying to climb up the tech trees has hurt the quality of play in the upper tiers big time.

 

Please take us back to 2011 when players earned their tier 10 tanks.


Edited by Atragon, Apr 24 2019 - 12:34.


ThatoneguyKaz #18 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 13:17

    Captain

  • Players
  • 20516 battles
  • 1,568
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    02-28-2013

View PostAtragon, on Apr 24 2019 - 12:33, said:

Youre just buying XP. Why not buy gold convert XP to free xp. This paying to climb up the tech trees has hurt the quality of play in the upper tiers big time.

 

Please take us back to 2011 when players earned their tier 10 tanks.

 

sure. But what if you need to train a crew for a tank you want to keep. This allows you to boost a premium in nice fashion too




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users