im new and need help

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

stripper_2 #1 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 03:17

Private

• -Players-
  • 4072 battles

my dad has no idea what he is doing in world of tanks and cant progress past tier 5, and as I play on the console I don't understand how it works on the PC so I was wondering if any veteran players could help him out. His barracks are full and garage is full of useless low tier tanks that he doesn't need to play anymore. this is his account but he didn't know how to get to the forums, so I'm typing this on his account, I was wondering if any one could get with him one on one and teach him or show him the ropes on how to use the garage, as even I find it quite difficult to understand.

Thanks in advance

Ta_Hun_Kwai #2 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 03:22

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16274 battles

View Poststripper_2, on Apr 22 2019 - 18:17, said:

my dad has no idea what he is doing in world of tanks and cant progress past tier 5, and as I play on the console I don't understand how it works on the PC so I was wondering if any veteran players could help him out. His barracks are full and garage is full of useless low tier tanks that he doesn't need to play anymore. this is his account but he didn't know how to get to the forums, so I'm typing this on his account, I was wondering if any one could get with him one on one and teach him or show him the ropes on how to use the garage, as even I find it quite difficult to understand.

Thanks in advance

hey I saw your message sent the account an friend request and a clan invite

Insanefriend #3 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 03:26

Captain

• Players
  • 43458 battles
My advice is take the time to sit down with him and help him figure out the forums at least.  Other wise you'll always be helping him till he figures it out on his own. 

PotatoLegend99 #4 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 03:53

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 34714 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI
+1 to his username :girl:

Slone #5 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 04:05

Captain

• Players
  • 19720 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View PostInsanefriend, on Apr 22 2019 - 21:26, said:

My advice is take the time to sit down with him and help him figure out the forums at least.  Other wise you'll always be helping him till he figures it out on his own. 

Old saying:

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will waste his life drunk in a boat"

All joking aside, he seems to be rushing through the tiers too quickly. He's played 2 tier 4 tanks, one T5 and now he has 1 T6. He needs to play a variety of tanks of all the types to learn the differences and the roles of each. The best way to learn how to play against  certain tank is to drive that tank yourself. He should play all the T1 tanks he started with till each is elited (fully developed). He can then sell the T1 tanks because you can always buy them back for free. But make sure he keeps all the crews from those T1's because they all started out as 100%ers. Then he should go up several lines of tanks in several nations to get a feel for them. I strongly recommend the Russian line as they are newbie friendly. As he elites the tanks it is generally good to sell the tanks and move on to something new. Playing multiple tanks in multiple lines will give him a broad knowledge of the game. By the time he hits T5 the tanks really start diversifying into their distinct types, so figure on playing there for several thousand battles. T5 is also a very good tier to earn a bunch of credits to fund future purchases. If he has a tank he plays and really enjoys the tank, keep it, but otherwise sell tanks after they are elite and try something else. He might also benefit from joining a training clan, they can help him learn the game. the DHO (Dad's Hang Out) group has a number of clans and I believe they have a training clan, that might be a good place for him to learn.

Good Uck

Lucid_Nonsense_1 #6 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 06:23

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6369 battles
  • [4RENB] 4RENB

Do you really think T1-2 teaches anything about playing tiers other than T1-2?  IMHO, he'd be better of learning at t3~5 - armour becomes a thing, view range... well you have view range, arty is a factor and you learn to cope with being bottom tier. Just my 2c.

PS. I'm assuming he is not quiet tech savvy, so also check his ping and if you can do anything about it. Playing on my NA account with ~250ns ping is far far harder than playing on my SEA account with ~30ns. He could be struggling quite unnecessarily. 

Edited by Lucid_Nonsense_1, Apr 23 2019 - 06:25.

Michelin2433 #7 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 08:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 77 battles

i feel so much affection for your dad not gonna lie

tell him we love him

Omar_angulo3000 #8 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 15:36

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Consulta cómo puedo usar el oro que he comprado. Si reviso mi cuenta no logro visualizar mi compra de oro.que hago????

NutrientibusMeaGallus #9 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 16:04

Major

• Players
  • 22634 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX

There are plenty of guides online and videos on youtube for new players.... There's also the wotlabs forums.

https://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/forum/21-core-skills-mechanics-discussion/

dunniteowl #10 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 28645 battles

I recommend BOTH you and your father read this:  The WoT Welcome Package (version 1)

This, IMO, is the Core Essentials of Learning to Be a Better Tanker.  If you don't at least understand the fundamentals of Battle Mechanics and Crew, then you will be 'lost' when it comes to more advanced information and with regard to WHY you should do certain things.

My experience in training others and teaching others (not games, necessarily, though information is information and processing is processing) about things is that many of those who just 'want to know what to do' lack in overall comprehension and it shows in a rather early peaking of performance and a later inability to adjust to changes that those with core basic information well in hand have little difficulty in adapting to the situation.

It's like someone asking for an answer without wanting to know the background of that answer, because all they wish is that answer.  Later, they will ask you again, because they don't understand the WHY or HOW of the answer, leaving them to wonder further while only wanting The Answer of the Moment.

In keeping with the "Teaching a man to fish," analogy -- if you give a man an answer, he will be happy until he needs another one.  If you teach a man to get his own answers -- he'll probably leave you alone to your own devices in peace.  The above package are the Basic Answers to Many Questions that also allow YOU to understand the Hows and Whys of many things you will encounter and Not have to Question.

Knowledge is Power.  Use it in good health.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users