Obj 430 and 430U incoming nerf, your thoughts!?

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

2MOEJOE #41 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:29

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3282 battles
I only ran the 430U in CWs mostly but some pubs with more success than any other tier X meduim so I find any nerf to be disappointing.I'll just sell it and go back to sniping in my AX.They never Nerf British tanks anyway smh.

AnArmyofBun #42 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:30

Major

• Players
  • 11516 battles
  • [BUNS] BUNS

View PostAverageWannabe, on Apr 23 2019 - 09:26, said:

So what?

Happy now after your stat shaming tantrum? Have a good one.

You're advocating for not nerfing something that the community at large sees as brokenly OP.  When you yourself can't perform in it.  You have no idea what balance is.  Or what's broken.  You don't understand so you insult people as "whiners".  So to answer your question of "so what".  It's don't call people whiners when you literally have no idea what you're talking about.  I'm pointing out your numbers as a basis for explaining why you have no actual reason to insult people. 

Tiltuss #43 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 22879 battles

Was just getting ready to unlock the 430U.   Very disappointing.

AnArmyofBun #44 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:34

Major

• Players
  • 11516 battles
  • [BUNS] BUNS

View PostTiltuss, on Apr 23 2019 - 09:33, said:

Was just getting ready to unlock the 430U.   Very disappointing.

Still very very much worth the unlock.

teamoldmill #45 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:38

Major

• Players
  • 15202 battles

View Posthardicon, on Apr 23 2019 - 16:07, said:

You are too negative.  They are at least trying to make the game better now.  Matchmaking changes made the game alot more fun.  upcoming changes to gold rounds will make the game alot better and they are attempting to nerf overperforming tanks and buff underperforming tanks.  They may not get it right at first but they are not sticking their head in the sand anymore.

Long history Sir.....

They will never, ever be able to balance even if they actually were sincere. Map design alone means this game is all about armor and mobility, both. A tank like the Leo will never be able to, for instance, carry like the 430 U can. Sure, long range it will have an advantage and is faster. But when you can use a corridor, cover, or have to fight against several tanks, a Leo's "German accuracy" means squat. So until sniping is a viable tactic, any tank relying on it will be junk.

And ya, jaded because of national balance. Tiger II has been, is, and will always be a complete joke, as will the Tiger, Panther, Jagdpanther, JT, JP IV, etc. Real tanks, that really fought but are just stupid bad with years of statistics to show. Why the only real German unit in FL for example is the Skorp. Demoralizing when the only good crews you have are from long ago on crappy tanks.

Power creep has just gotten out of control. When mediums alone can face punch any heavy in the line frontally, at will, it is broken.

2MOEJOE #46 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:41

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3282 battles

View PostAnArmyofBun, on Apr 23 2019 - 11:22, said:

..You barely even play tier 10 and have some of the worst stats I have ever seen.  You really have no place commenting on tank changes to things that are clearly broken like the 430U.  I don't mean to be offensive but vs you every tank is OP.  Every tank in your hands is very UP.  This is your average damage in the 430U after 40 battles: 852.  Mine is 3124 after 34. 

Your EBR 105: 515

Obj 430: 770.

You literally cannot do more than 2 shells of damage a game.  In any tank.  OP or not.  Except in the t10.  You do 3-4 shots in that. 

Honestly you can't be taken seriously man.Of course the 430U is broken.........when you play it.Most of the player base just a bit over 52% can't win half there games but this tank is broken?I think your viewing the game through your cloud of brilliance and that's cool but its just another tank in the hands of most tankers.

Edited by 2MOEJOE, Apr 23 2019 - 17:46.

xXx_Dead_Zombie_xXx #47 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:44

Major

• Players
  • 40727 battles
only thing i hate about WG nerfing tanks, is that they have to f*&^ with every f&*(&^% aspect of the tank.. then when they realize "opps, over did it a tad bit" it takes them 2 years to fix it.

Griffon327327 #48 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:45

Captain

• Players
  • 85874 battles
  • [NVRDY] NVRDY

You people need to realize that just because wargaming "says" there is going to be a nerf or a buff ? that anything they put down in stats for the tank is simply a guideline to shut up the masses and make it appear to have been a change made .

you seriously haven't ever shot dead straight on a flat part of a arty with 10mm of armor and have your 399 pen TD round bounce off like you hit a concrete bunker ?? and have this happen quite often ?

whatever specs are divulged to the public for each tank might be simply smoke and mirrors because they can change those numbers every morning at 6:00 am on server reboot without ever telling anyone . 

Defender seems to have fluctuating armor on daily basis and bounces tear 10 TD rounds on regular basis which it shouldn't be able to

AnArmyofBun #49 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:48

Major

• Players
  • 11516 battles
  • [BUNS] BUNS

View Post2MOEJOE, on Apr 23 2019 - 09:41, said:

Honestly you can't be taken seriously man.Of course the 430U is broken.........when you play it.Most of the player base just a bit over 52% can't win half there games but this tank is broken?I think your viewing the game through your cloud of brilliance and that's cool but the is just another tank in the hands of most tankers.

53% is over the average by quite a bit and yes I can be taken seriously as any broken features of a tank are put on display when good players play broken tanks.  Averages are 48-50%.  Winning 53% is a full 3 percentage points and change above the usual for tanks like the 140 and 62a.  It's broken.  It's broken when I play it and it's broken when most people play it barring the bottom of the barrel players.  However - I'd wager if the player I mentioned played a different tier 10 medium he'd do *worse*. 

A lot of people play the 430u.  I can promise you.  It's OP.  It's Blyat incarnate.

I wish I had an adidas style for my RU mediums.

Edited by AnArmyofBun, Apr 23 2019 - 17:53.

Trauglodyte #50 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 20108 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostAnArmyofBun, on Apr 23 2019 - 17:00, said:

The issue with the STB is - it's turret isn't actually strong.  It looks strong.  But it isn't.  The STRV turrets are not pennable by even high end heat.  Losing alpha and pen will make that midrange role much less valuable.  We'll have to see how it plays out but the turret has always been a weak point of the STB-1.  However I do love that Swedium is catching on.

I don't disagree with you.  Truth be told, I've never played the STB-1, outside of the test server.  So, my thoughts are purely predicated upon extrapolating what non-normal experience that I have with it.  The turret, as you said, isn't super strong.  But, the context of where we're putting the new STB-1 isn't yet written.  It isn't going to be a Russian/Chinese knock-off hull down brawler.  It also isn't going to be a ridge-humping sniper, like the UDES 15/16.  I don't necessarily agree with them nuking the gun stats, given that everyone already complained about it having crappy gun handling.  But, I can see value of it being a medium ranged "tweener", using its speed to get into positions and then abusing the massive gun depression that the new suspension is going to allow.

The UDES 15/16 is going to be the K-91 of the line.  The STB-1, in my mind (again, extrapolating), is going to be an UDES 15/16 - Object 140 hybrid.  More than enough speed and agility to get to places, high end DPM, and the ability to abuse terrain.  Granted, I write all of that and am having a hard time figuring out if that is to be true.  But, it seems like that is what they're wanting.  Call it a medium Japanese Emil I without the auto-loader?

Lifelessgamer #51 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 18:02

Major

• Players
  • 21893 battles
I think WG forgot the 121 exists.

AnArmyofBun #52 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 18:02

Major

• Players
  • 11516 battles
  • [BUNS] BUNS

View PostTrauglodyte, on Apr 23 2019 - 09:55, said:

I don't disagree with you.  Truth be told, I've never played the STB-1, outside of the test server.  So, my thoughts are purely predicated upon extrapolating what non-normal experience that I have with it.  The turret, as you said, isn't super strong.  But, the context of where we're putting the new STB-1 isn't yet written.  It isn't going to be a Russian/Chinese knock-off hull down brawler.  It also isn't going to be a ridge-humping sniper, like the UDES 15/16.  I don't necessarily agree with them nuking the gun stats, given that everyone already complained about it having crappy gun handling.  But, I can see value of it being a medium ranged "tweener", using its speed to get into positions and then abusing the massive gun depression that the new suspension is going to allow.

The UDES 15/16 is going to be the K-91 of the line.  The STB-1, in my mind (again, extrapolating), is going to be an UDES 15/16 - Object 140 hybrid.  More than enough speed and agility to get to places, high end DPM, and the ability to abuse terrain.  Granted, I write all of that and am having a hard time figuring out if that is to be true.  But, it seems like that is what they're wanting.  Call it a medium Japanese Emil I without the auto-loader?

I wish I could believe the tank would be put into a serviceable place.  I had one of my best games ever in the STB-1.  But sadly it's just not going to have the speed or the gun to really be much of a threat.  Nuking the top speed, the traverse, and not fixing the turret armor and nerfing the gun even further?  Eh.  It just..worries me.  I'd be happy to play the STB-1 again if it were competitive and fun but..We'll see I guess.

AverageWannabe #53 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 18:06

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4800 battles
  • [GIZMO] GIZMO

View PostAnArmyofBun, on Apr 23 2019 - 13:30, said:

You're advocating for not nerfing something that the community at large sees as brokenly OP.  When you yourself can't perform in it.  You have no idea what balance is.  Or what's broken.  You don't understand so you insult people as "whiners".  So to answer your question of "so what".  It's don't call people whiners when you literally have no idea what you're talking about.  I'm pointing out your numbers as a basis for explaining why you have no actual reason to insult people. 

The only place where i see people complaining about the 430u (or any other tank) being OP is in the forums. I have NEVER heard nothing bad about the pixel tank neither in the game nor in my clan.

The crying babies are the only ones that need to go to a place where to "vent" their frustration.

So I insist, having powerful pixel tanks in the game makes it more interesting and challenging.

Edited by AverageWannabe, Apr 23 2019 - 18:11.

AnArmyofBun #54 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 18:13

Major

• Players
  • 11516 battles
  • [BUNS] BUNS

View PostAverageWannabe, on Apr 23 2019 - 10:06, said:

The only place where i see people complaining about the 430u (or any other tank) being OP is in the forums. I have NEVER heard nothing bad about the pixel tank neither in the game nor in my clan.

The crying babies are the only ones that need to go to a place where to "vent" their frustration.

So I insist, having powerful pixel tanks in the game makes it more interesting and challenging.

Your ignorance is not knowledge.

spud_tuber #55 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 18:18

Major

• Players
  • 56429 battles

View Postteamoldmill, on Apr 23 2019 - 10:38, said:

Long history Sir.....

They will never, ever be able to balance even if they actually were sincere. Map design alone means this game is all about armor and mobility, both. A tank like the Leo will never be able to, for instance, carry like the 430 U can. Sure, long range it will have an advantage and is faster. But when you can use a corridor, cover, or have to fight against several tanks, a Leo's "German accuracy" means squat. So until sniping is a viable tactic, any tank relying on it will be junk.

And ya, jaded because of national balance. Tiger II has been, is, and will always be a complete joke, as will the Tiger, Panther, Jagdpanther, JT, JP IV, etc. Real tanks, that really fought but are just stupid bad with years of statistics to show. Why the only real German unit in FL for example is the Skorp. Demoralizing when the only good crews you have are from long ago on crappy tanks.

Power creep has just gotten out of control. When mediums alone can face punch any heavy in the line frontally, at will, it is broken.

Jadgpanther is a solid tank.  I love mine and use it to grind crews, and still maintain decent (for me) stats in it. Both T7 tigers are decent.  They're no T29 or JPN superheavy, they're both easily competitive vs most T7 heavies.  Tiger II  though really needs the Tiger I treatment, insane DPM.

AverageWannabe #56 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 18:20

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4800 battles
  • [GIZMO] GIZMO

View PostAnArmyofBun, on Apr 23 2019 - 14:13, said:

Your ignorance is not knowledge.

You are really coming off as a jerk. You just keep stat shaming me, that's your whole argument.

Anyway, I will wait until a really good player comes and puts you in your place since you only want to disqualify me based on my friggin stats.

Edited by AverageWannabe, Apr 23 2019 - 19:03.

Trauglodyte #57 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 18:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 20108 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostAnArmyofBun, on Apr 23 2019 - 18:02, said:

I wish I could believe the tank would be put into a serviceable place.  I had one of my best games ever in the STB-1.  But sadly it's just not going to have the speed or the gun to really be much of a threat.  Nuking the top speed, the traverse, and not fixing the turret armor and nerfing the gun even further?  Eh.  It just..worries me.  I'd be happy to play the STB-1 again if it were competitive and fun but..We'll see I guess.

I totally get it.  Going to be a "wait and see" sort of thing, with lots of testing involved.  Sadly, it is really hard to gauge the benefit of changes, on the test servers, with everyone slinging gold.  While I'm very optimistic of the Leo changes, I'm still rooted in the realism that being an uber fast sniper doesn't mean anything on corridor maps and shoe box maps that are designed with high points in the middle of said maps.  Kind of hard to snipe when you're forced to the forefront to get angles on targets (hello Fisherman's Bay).

AnArmyofBun #58 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 18:30

Major

• Players
  • 11516 battles
  • [BUNS] BUNS

View PostAverageWannabe, on Apr 23 2019 - 10:06, said:

This is ignorance.  Not fact.  People speak up about things that need change because they hurt the experience of the game.  The 430U, 268-4, Japanese heavies, Artillery, under powered mediums like the Leo-1.  STB-1.  Are all things people post, comment, and discuss about. They're being changed now.  Bit by bit for the betterment of the game.  Or experimentally so. 

The second line I highlighted is you claiming your ignorance is knowledge and insulting everyone who doesn't agree with your uneducated and absolutely false view of things.  Stats have nothing to do with this.

View PostAverageWannabe, on Apr 23 2019 - 10:20, said:

You are really coming off as a jerk. You just keep stat shaming me, that's your whole argument.

Anyway, I will wait until a really good player comes and puts you in your place since you only want to disqualify me based on my Fing stats.

Players far better than me may be able to educate me on things I don't know.  I welcome it.  I play with them sometimes.  In fact I'm currently looking for a new teacher to help me get back in the swing of things.  The problem is no super-unicum or so is going to "put me in my place" because our views align the vast majority of the time.  We may have a discussion and disagree on some points but generally speaking I very rarely run into a unicum+ that I don't get along with unless they're generally a toxic piece of trash. I told you I wasn't trying to offend you.  However the only basis I have to explain to you why you're wrong, and your viewpoint is harmful to discourse and the games health is that you really have no clue what you're doing in any tank on a level beyond drive around and click.

If that's what you enjoy?  Who cares what I say.

Edited by AnArmyofBun, Apr 23 2019 - 18:36.

teamoldmill #59 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 18:35

Major

• Players
  • 15202 battles

View Postspud_tuber, on Apr 23 2019 - 17:18, said:

Jadgpanther is a solid tank.  I love mine and use it to grind crews, and still maintain decent (for me) stats in it. Both T7 tigers are decent.  They're no T29 or JPN superheavy, they're both easily competitive vs most T7 heavies.  Tiger II  though really needs the Tiger I treatment, insane DPM.

Not anymore, and not for many years. Statistics bare this out. Neither Tigers are decent, statistically. The problem is, decent DPM on paper does not translate to function, when a slow, visible heavy tank has almost zero armor. DPM is useless if you cannot apply it. One bounced shot is more important than a few hundred DPM. Nashorn has good DPM and a nice gun. How does it do? Most german tanks in the mid levels should straight up be down tiered with slight gun nerfs. Armor has to matter, as this is what they were designed around, as well as long ranged gunnery, not this 50-200 meter crap.

Edited by teamoldmill, Apr 23 2019 - 18:38.

AverageWannabe #60 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 18:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4800 battles
  • [GIZMO] GIZMO

View PostAnArmyofBun, on Apr 23 2019 - 14:30, said:

This is ignorance.  Not fact.  Whiners speak up about things that need change because they hurt their experience of the game.  The 430U, 268-4, Japanese heavies, Artillery, under powered mediums like the Leo-1.  STB-1.  Are all things whiners post, comment, and discuss about. They're being changed now.  Bit by bit for the betterment of the game.  Or experimentally so. 

The second line I highlighted is you claiming your ignorance is knowledge and insulting everyone who doesn't agree with your uneducated and absolutely false view of things.  Stats have nothing to do with this.

There, i fixed it for ya...

Btw, just realized you're a woman, which explains a lot. Just keep your point of view and I'll keep mine, no point in arguing with you.

Have a good one.

Edited by AverageWannabe, Apr 23 2019 - 18:38.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users