Jump to content


Combat Reserves ... worthless or not ?


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Griffon327327 #1 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:00

    Captain

  • Players
  • 85874 battles
  • 1,016
  • [NVRDY] NVRDY
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

Maybe its simply because the russian AI / database knows I do not spend any money and my account is "tagged" so that the moment I pop a reserve or 2 or even 3 the MM system that has NEVER

 

shown a liking to me goes into over time to find every red and orange player in the game to be on my team and opposing team gets unicum toons with about 12 green players thrown in for good measure

 

winning a battle once i pop a combat reserve is almost impossible because of the immediate loss by the supposedly random picking of teams ..

 

I am talking that by dropping a combat reserve you try to boost exp to grind a tank and you end up making less then half of what you would normally make when you do not drop a reserve ,,, because a bad game on a loss even if you do 9K damage if rest of the team has thumbs up .... their hinies then you are looking at a 125 exp or less battle on a loss even with a reserve popped .. 

 

lately I been mad we haven't been getting very many combat reserves from missions and all these useless crew directives but the more I think about it crew directives don't seem to affect the MM system like the combat reserves do so maybe that's a good thing

 

Now for all you PTW players out there that actually "BUY" combat reserves this has nothing to do with you as IM sure when you pop your purchased and not free from a mission combat reserves you find the exact opposite as since wargaming controls the MM system Im sure you get favorable battles so that you get "positive" reinforcement that your reserves were a valued purchase.



Kliphie #2 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 31971 battles
  • 4,178
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    07-20-2012

 

No. 



PR_calvin #3 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:07

    Captain

  • Players
  • 18754 battles
  • 1,485
  • [TEACH] TEACH
  • Member since:
    04-18-2013

Maybe it's because you've been eating the tinfoil as well as wearing it. 

 

I am guessing this is a troll thread, but anyway, for people who really believe this :

 

I would highly suggest you turn off XVM for a month or two and ignore player names / clans. It does make a difference and helps lessen confirmation bias.

 

Combat reserves have 0 effect on MM and RNG.

 

I know it's technically possible to get gold for free etc, but for someone who "doesn't spend on the game", you sure have a lot of T8 prems.



I_QQ_4_U #4 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:07

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 21296 battles
  • 5,574
  • Member since:
    10-17-2016
Why would anyone buy reserves when they hand them out like candy?(hope WG isn't listening) I just had a 100XP, 200% crew XP and 100% credit reserve on for an hour and won 4 out of seven games and only had one bad game personally. But I don't suffer from tinfoilitis.

heavymetal1967 #5 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 69772 battles
  • 19,911
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012


24cups #6 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 23846 battles
  • 3,682
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    01-25-2013
I used them in Frontlines. XP  , crew XP and credits.  It's great.

heavymetal1967 #7 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 69772 battles
  • 19,911
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostPR_calvin, on Apr 23 2019 - 12:07, said:

 

I am guessing this is a troll thread, but anyway, for people who really believe this :

 

Guess again. :P

 

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/602288-winrate-is-not-a-reflection-of-player-skill/page__st__80__pid__12082941#entry12082941



Griffon327327 #8 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:16

    Captain

  • Players
  • 85874 battles
  • 1,016
  • [NVRDY] NVRDY
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostPR_calvin, on Apr 23 2019 - 16:07, said:

Maybe it's because you've been eating the tinfoil as well as wearing it. 

 

I am guessing this is a troll thread, but anyway, for people who really believe this :

 

I would highly suggest you turn off XVM for a month or two and ignore player names / clans. It does make a difference and helps lessen confirmation bias.

 

Combat reserves have 0 effect on MM and RNG.

 

I know it's technically possible to get gold for free etc, but for someone who "doesn't spend on the game", you sure have a lot of T8 prems.

 

lol you must be NEW to this game ? T8 premiums can be won for free easily by missions and in the past it was much easier then today and 4 years ago it was possible to make at least 3000 gold each month from doing on track missions and you could save all this "FREE" gold till end of year when wargaming had everything on discount so buying a tier 8 premium with free gold was not only possible but pretty easy .. same goes for barracks and garage slots ..veteran players got tons of these for free .. I always got 25 plus garage slots empty all the time ..every time I fill one we get a free one or 3 from missions .

As for available bunks ? years ago I used to store extra crew on all those rental tanks when not in use but currently I have 189 empty bunks for crew .  Sure I have bought some slots and bunk space with gold but that was when gold was easily had .. today only free gold you get is 200 each prestige level in frontline



tod914 #9 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 63046 battles
  • 5,640
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

View Postheavymetal1967, on Apr 23 2019 - 11:08, said:

 

 

Spoiler

 



Griffon327327 #10 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:20

    Captain

  • Players
  • 85874 battles
  • 1,016
  • [NVRDY] NVRDY
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

And as expected the only people who respond to these threads are pay to win players that have not a clue that their experience playing this game is completely different then for those playing for free

 

what sorta fool does it take to realize that in a game where every single thing you do everything you shoot at is recorded into a database on your account and you can go into noobmeter.com and see exactly what tanks a person drives each day and how well they do everything is kept track of ? and you think your spending habits also isn't tracked and taken into account ?



Copacetic #11 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:25

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 43647 battles
  • 778
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014
85k battles, really?

SargeanTravis #12 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:38

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 2345 battles
  • 308
  • [FUBU] FUBU
  • Member since:
    10-22-2018

View PostGriffon327327, on Apr 23 2019 - 17:00, said:

Maybe its simply because the russian AI / database knows I do not spend any money and my account is "tagged" so that the moment I pop a reserve or 2 or even 3 the MM system that has NEVER

 

shown a liking to me goes into over time to find every red and orange player in the game to be on my team and opposing team gets unicum toons with about 12 green players thrown in for good measure

 

winning a battle once i pop a combat reserve is almost impossible because of the immediate loss by the supposedly random picking of teams ..

 

I am talking that by dropping a combat reserve you try to boost exp to grind a tank and you end up making less then half of what you would normally make when you do not drop a reserve ,,, because a bad game on a loss even if you do 9K damage if rest of the team has thumbs up .... their hinies then you are looking at a 125 exp or less battle on a loss even with a reserve popped .. 

 

lately I been mad we haven't been getting very many combat reserves from missions and all these useless crew directives but the more I think about it crew directives don't seem to affect the MM system like the combat reserves do so maybe that's a good thing

 

Now for all you PTW players out there that actually "BUY" combat reserves this has nothing to do with you as IM sure when you pop your purchased and not free from a mission combat reserves you find the exact opposite as since wargaming controls the MM system Im sure you get favorable battles so that you get "positive" reinforcement that your reserves were a valued purchase.

Combat Reserves RIG the game? LOL

 

I don't have any T8s (close to a few though), so I'm stuck with the crummy T 44 FL for Frontline (Which I'm now shying away from that line, regardless of whether the tier IX and X are worth it or not), and the only way I make massive amounts of money is by using the silver boosters.

 

And I didn't pay a single cent for my boosters. If you subscribed to the February Scavenger Hunt (Which my guess was a no for OP), you got a METRIC BUTT TON of combat reserves. Yeah, they were only 1 hour reserves each, but It's almost been two months since that mission and I still have over 50 of each combat reserve from that mission, and I've been running through at least one or two every time I sat down to play the game. and I have been rolling in the silver and Free XP ever since. I'll be looking forward to the next scavenger hunt (hopefully this May) to continue to reap in the reserves.

 

And I can tell from two months of constantly running these things does NOT impact your MM. They call them "Random Battles" for a reason; and that reason is that you don't get the best teammates every game. You might get roflstomped once in a while, well so do I. That's simply the nature of public matches. You're not always going to carry your team or be on that team that carries you., and not some tinfoil conspiracy in regards to combat reserves.

 

 



SargeanTravis #13 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:39

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 2345 battles
  • 308
  • [FUBU] FUBU
  • Member since:
    10-22-2018

View PostCopacetic, on Apr 23 2019 - 17:25, said:

85k battles, really?

 

Game's been around for 8 years now. Plenty of time to rack up games

Jer1413 #14 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:45

    Captain

  • Players
  • 46501 battles
  • 1,243
  • [RR13] RR13
  • Member since:
    02-24-2013

View PostGriffon327327, on Apr 23 2019 - 16:00, said:

 even if you do 9K damage if rest of the team has thumbs up .... their hinies then you are looking at a 125 exp or less battle on a loss even with a reserve popped .

 

 

Please attach a screenshot of a 9k damage game and only 125xp earned.

 

That just ain't gonna happen.

 



Griffon327327 #15 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:51

    Captain

  • Players
  • 85874 battles
  • 1,016
  • [NVRDY] NVRDY
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostJer1413, on Apr 23 2019 - 16:45, said:

 

 

Please attach a screenshot of a 9k damage game and only 125xp earned.

 

That just ain't gonna happen.

 

 

How much exp you get per battle is not only based of what YOU do in battle but what the entire team does in battle ... you can have the best game you ever had if rest of team dies with zero damage you are going to get extremely low exp

 

that is why stat padders refuse to cap out a battle and will risk a loss every time to chase down that last enemy tank and kill it because regardless who kills it everyone's exp goes up in the end .. 



RMxR #16 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:54

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 44937 battles
  • 358
  • Member since:
    04-02-2013

I do play for free, since the very beginning, and i also think you are paranoid, with 80k battles you should've passed the "tinfoil" stage a long time ago. The only difference between those who pay and those who don't is how much xp and credits win per battle. I highly recommend you deactivate or, even better, uninstall XVM, it makes things a lot better and less infuriating. XVM is nothing but C.A.N.C.E.R for the average player and it's also the root of a lot of toxicity problems.



Jer1413 #17 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:57

    Captain

  • Players
  • 46501 battles
  • 1,243
  • [RR13] RR13
  • Member since:
    02-24-2013

View PostGriffon327327, on Apr 23 2019 - 16:51, said:

 

How much exp you get per battle is not only based of what YOU do in battle but what the entire team does in battle ... you can have the best game you ever had if rest of team dies with zero damage you are going to get extremely low exp

 

that is why stat padders refuse to cap out a battle and will risk a loss every time to chase down that last enemy tank and kill it because regardless who kills it everyone's exp goes up in the end .. 

 

That may be somewhat true, but you exaggerated the example to an absurd extent. I stand by my statement that only 125xp is impossible if you cause 9k of damage, win, lose or even if the rest of your team does absolutely nothing. 

 



heavymetal1967 #18 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 18:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 69772 battles
  • 19,911
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostJer1413, on Apr 23 2019 - 12:57, said:

 

That may be somewhat true, but you exaggerated the example to an absurd extent. I stand by my statement that only 125xp is impossible if you cause 9k of damage, win, lose or even if the rest of your team does absolutely nothing. 

 

 

This, and...   (btw good luck getting that replay or screenshot)

 

View PostSargeanTravis, on Apr 23 2019 - 12:39, said:

 

Game's been around for 8 years now. Plenty of time to rack up games

 

The amount of games isn't what that poster is referring to - at least I'm guessing.

 

Seems obvious, to me at least, that...

 

View PostCopacetic, on Apr 23 2019 - 12:25, said:

85k battles, really?

 

 

...he's referring to the fact OP has 85k games, no clue and a big tinfoil hat.



I_QQ_4_U #19 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 18:04

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 21296 battles
  • 5,574
  • Member since:
    10-17-2016

View PostGriffon327327, on Apr 23 2019 - 17:20, said:

And as expected the only people who respond to these threads are pay to win players that have not a clue that their experience playing this game is completely different then for those playing for free

 

 

 

Like I say to every moron who says this. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!

I_QQ_4_U #20 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 18:15

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 21296 battles
  • 5,574
  • Member since:
    10-17-2016

View PostGriffon327327, on Apr 23 2019 - 17:51, said:

 

How much exp you get per battle is not only based of what YOU do in battle but what the entire team does in battle ... you can have the best game you ever had if rest of team dies with zero damage you are going to get extremely low exp

 

that is why stat padders refuse to cap out a battle and will risk a loss every time to chase down that last enemy tank and kill it because regardless who kills it everyone's exp goes up in the end .. 

 

:facepalm:

 

Regardless whether you win or lose your personal performance dictates how much XP you get.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users