KRZYBoop's Extravagant Motor Pool: Some Medium tank Rebalances.

KRZY Leo STB1 STB2 430 430U MT Rebalance

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #1 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:30

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3724 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

I got some new vehicles in my garage that I am going to do things to. For legal reasons I can't use the proper name from a popular Music television show that no longer plays music. However, I am sure you can guess the Title if I leave an "M" out of the Title. 

It's KRZYBoop's:  Put P.I.N.P. my Tank ! 

P.I.N.P. stands for: 

Power

In 

New

Places

The first Tanks to receive the P.I.N.P. Treatment are:

From Japan: STA-1, STA-2, and The STB-1

From Germany: Leopard1

From France: AMX 30B

From Russia: Object 430, and Object 430U

And many more to come when these tanks receive the full P.I.N.P. treatment. 

For more information on the changes Please click HERE

Domo's ninja-edit:
I see quite a few comments regarding the STB-1, specifically the nerfs to dispersion/accuracy. Something that wasn't directly mentioned in the article, but is definitely worth mentioning in the discussion:

The STB-1 will be receiving buffs to its frontal turret armor. The general thickness around the mantlet will be increased by about 40-50mm, and some weak spots are receiving additional protection. To see the comparison, expand the spoiler tags below:

Spoiler

NINJA-EDIT #2:
We have a brief update to share about these changes to share with you:

Commanders!

The first iteration of the Supertest with rebalanced medium vehicles has reached the end, and we have an important message for you. We conducted an in-depth analysis of both your feedback and statistics and concluded that the changes of the Object 430 and the Object 430U didn't show the proper result and require further study in the next Supertest iteration. Therefore, we'll continue to test and monitor changes to the AMX 30B, the Leopard 1 and the STB-1, while taking a deeper dive into our data on the 430 and 430U to determine an appropriate solution for these vehicles.

We'll provide more details at a later date.

Edited by DomoSapien, Apr 26 2019 - 17:50.
Added new info

Ortinoth_ #2 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:32

Captain

• Players
  • 26726 battles
Not happy with any of these changes

Bill_Nye_The_RNG_Guy #3 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25038 battles
  • [GG2EZ] GG2EZ

View PostOrtinoth_, on Apr 23 2019 - 16:32, said:

Yeah, I agree. When are they going too buff my T22? #MakeTheT22GreatAgain

ThePigSheFlies #4 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:38

Major

• Players
  • 69966 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

nerfing velocity and penetration on some of the most underperforming mediums is "rebalance"  ?!

:sceptic:

"The STB-1 will be receiving buffs to its frontal turret armor. The general thickness around the mantlet will be increased by about 40-50mm, and some weak spots are receiving additional protection. To see the comparison, expand the spoiler tags below:"

It won't matter.  you guys are having to buff the Amx 30 because your "increase in turret armor", whilst simultaneously ruining the gun ruined the way the tank played, and in fact is contrary to you guys' repeated statements of a goal to make it a "more comfortable mid-range support vehicle".

unreliable guns aren't comfortable to play.  they're slot machines.  and with your infernal RNG what it already is, that's not comfortable.  it's rolling the dice.  it's like taking a chance on gas station sushi...

Ortinoth_ #5 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:43

Captain

• Players
  • 26726 battles

View PostBill_Nye_The_RNG_Guy, on Apr 23 2019 - 09:37, said:

Yeah, I agree. When are they going too buff my T22? #MakeTheT22GreatAgain

But its expected - Wargaming has no idea how to balance tanks 

Zup77 #6 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 47427 battles
How about doing something about the constant ammo racking of the Stb? If you want to hammer other elements of that tank then it would be nice to address that issue. I've pretty stopped playing that tank as I am constantly waiting for the timer on my repair kit to reset so I can get the gun back in the game.

ThePigSheFlies #7 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:50

Major

• Players
  • 69966 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostZup77, on Apr 23 2019 - 11:49, said:

How about doing something about the constant ammo racking of the Stb? If you want to hammer other elements of that tank then it would be nice to address that issue. I've pretty stopped playing that tank as I am constantly waiting for the timer on my repair kit to reset so I can get the gun back in the game.

of the tanks listed, the 430u is really the only one seen regularly in tier 10s...  nerfing the penetration and shell velocity on the others is a sure fire way to see more in pubs  :D

XturbohawkX #8 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:56

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24618 battles
  • [WARHK] WARHK

View PostOrtinoth_, on Apr 23 2019 - 17:32, said:

430U STILL has 300mm turret armor?? What about the Type 5 Heavy? That needs a buff to 350mm to be fair.

XturbohawkX #9 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:57

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24618 battles
  • [WARHK] WARHK

What does the word "balance" mean in Russian? Screw over non-russian things?

gtvapsamtik122 #10 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21841 battles
  • [CYB3R] CYB3R

Why are they nerfing 430U when it cannot even survive in battlefield unless you spend credits on Fire extinguishers and perks!. Also its gun accuracy is very MEDIOCRE, 0.4 accuracy for medium is a joke.

Why not make 430U as heavy at this point since its only good at brawling if that.

Edited by gtvapsamtik122, Apr 23 2019 - 18:05.

F1O1 #11 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 17:59

Captain

• Players
  • 60 battles
  • [SAMUS] SAMUS

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Apr 23 2019 - 16:38, said:

nerfing velocity and penetration on some of the most under performing mediums is "rebalance"  

<-This

What l find extremely strange.

You know, 1 year ago, after the T110E5 meta, after the Maus meta, Super Conqueror.....WG decided to buff lS7. And soon after, buff object 260. They didn't nerf half the tank, and buff half of the rest. They flat out buffed the tanks. What on earth are they doing with these medium tanks.

STB1, Leo 1, AMX30B suck. They are terrible tanks. And they are buffing half of their performance, and nerfing the other half? Really? What these tanks need,  are improvements. Not half-and-half.  My goodness, what is development doing and thinking.

Canadian_Mano #12 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 18:12

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 34504 battles
  • [WOAH7] WOAH7
What's perfect is that they aren't even nerfing the part of the 430U that overperforms, it's gun handling softstats and better armour profile than most T10 heavies.

yop0poy #13 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 18:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20995 battles
  • [RO-TD] RO-TD

techtree tanks are op?

but not obj907, t95/fv2001?

KRZYBooP #14 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 18:32

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3724 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostZup77, on Apr 23 2019 - 10:49, said:

I am being ninja'd by Domo but here is some more info about the STB-1

We improved and strengthened the frontal armor around the gun, so the STB-1 got rid of the vulnerable weak spot.

We also improved the turret armor and fixed some similar weak spots, making it harder to penetrate.  

It should be noted that these changes are not yet final, and more may happen after supertests.

vandergrass #15 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 18:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 19792 battles
  • [LRT] LRT

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Apr 23 2019 - 16:38, said:

nerfing velocity and penetration on some of the most underperforming mediums is "rebalance"  ?!

:sceptic:

the only improve will be the suspension, but the gun of the stb-1 just become useless with the update, i don't see often this tank in random battles now even will disappear of the random pool

Canadian_Mano #16 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 18:36

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 34504 battles
  • [WOAH7] WOAH7

View PostKRZYBooP, on Apr 23 2019 - 13:32, said:

We improved and strengthened the frontal armor around the gun, so the STB-1 got rid of the vulnerable weak spot.

We also improved the turret armor and fixed some similar weak spots, making it harder to penetrate.  

It should be noted that these changes are not yet final, and more may happen after supertests.

I should hope so, they are making the tank substantially worse, giving it T8 AP pen, lowering alpha, lowering it's mobility, shell velocity, and accuracy. What's even worse, is that because of the AP reduction, it'll have to throw literally only HEAT in order to be competitive.

Last I checked, A good medium was mobile, with a reliable gun, and some abusable armour aspect. This STB is none of those.

BabA_YA6A #17 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 18:41

Captain

• Players
  • 26329 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG

The changes on the STB-1 and Leopard appear more as nerves anyway you look at it.

The only really issue on the STB-1 are the dispersion specs and with all the past changes on the model and HD conversion the turret got pretty weak. Why nerve the penetration and changing ammo types, reducing the mobility and view range????

On the Leopard I don't even bother to go into details on past or future specifications because even with the proposed changes it still will be the "RED HEADED STEPCHILD" in the game!

PS. Nothing new on this game since they are not in the Russian tech tree.

DomoSapien #18 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 18:49

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14444 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostCanadian_Mano, on Apr 23 2019 - 11:36, said:

I should hope so, they are making the tank substantially worse, giving it T8 AP pen, lowering alpha, lowering it's mobility, shell velocity, and accuracy. What's even worse, is that because of the AP reduction, it'll have to throw literally only HEAT in order to be competitive.

Last I checked, A good medium was mobile, with a reliable gun, and some abusable armour aspect. This STB is none of those.

I'm not entirely sure as to the motivation behind reducing penetration, I'm thinking it may be an effort to slightly reduce the dominance of tier X mediums in Random Battles? Agile heavies dominate the competitive meta, but redline sniping in mediums is still generally the go-to solution for farming damage in tier X. I'm just spitballing here, though.

I added images showing a comparison of the existing and proposed turret armor values for the STB-1 to Boop's original post. 

I also think an effort is being made to fit the vehicle comfortably in a specific role, because currently it's a mediocre jack-of-all-trades that's a master of none. With the hydropneumatic suspension and extra turret armor, it should theoretically fit into a similar role as the m48 Patton - mid-range ridgeline support. 

Personally (this is just my opinion so feel free to take it with a grain of salt) the STB-1 would benefit from some kind of additional buff to characteristically set it apart from the new Swediums, because currently they seem to be better at mid-range support than the STB-1 regardless of buffs. On the other hand, gun depression is my favorite stat so if it's going to have amazing depression with the hydropneumatic suspension, you will theoretically be exposing much less of your turret overall when you're poking a ridge.

Mciracer #19 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 18:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10544 battles

Wow why they nerf my STB-1 so hard.
If faster reload = super nerf then leave the reload alone ffs and just buff the turret/ gun handling.

STB Mid to close range fighter!? HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

BabA_YA6A #20 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 18:53

Captain

• Players
  • 26329 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG

View PostKRZYBooP, on Apr 24 2019 - 01:32, said:

It is nice and dandy you point all that out but the main issue on the STB-1 were the gun specs in particular the dispersion numbers and now wargaming is making them even worse.

So my question is what's the improvement for the STB-1 with these proposed changes.

It should be noted that these changes are not yet final, and more may happen after supertests....The STB-1 was one of my fave vehicles, but if this proposed horse manure goes life I just gonna part from it. 

Also tagged with KRZY, Leo, STB1, STB2, 430, 430U, MT, Rebalance

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users