KRZYBoop's Extravagant Motor Pool: Some Medium tank Rebalances.

KRZY Leo STB1 STB2 430 430U MT Rebalance

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

Omega_Weapon #181 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 01:40

Major

• Players
  • 51455 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostMonarchco, on Apr 25 2019 - 14:26, said:

You're absolutely pathetic.

Seal clubbing isn't "getting beat by a better player"

It's a 50% crew stock tank with a toolkit vs a 9 skill([edited]14000 tier 2 battles) pz35t with bonded equipment and food. 

You're not better than the new players in any way. Stop pretending you're good. You're not. You just have a significant advantage out of the box. A [edited]chimp with a 9 skill pz35t w/ bonded&food could beat even the best player with a 50% crew stock FCM 36. 

Your faulty logic is what's pathetic. Being a seal means you are not inferior lol?

Nobody has to play with 50% crews (I never did). If you care enough you pay the gold to get 100%. If you are a cheap skate, hey that's on you.

And I don't have a 9 skill crew on anything. My highest is a 5 skill crew working on 6th. In fact I mostly use the low tier tanks to train up new crews. I do not have a single piece of bond equipment on anything (saving all my bonds just to collect rare tanks).

According to the scoreboards I've been the #1 player in NA on numerous tanks. Not that I even need you to believe it because I don't need to impress someone who doesn't even matter in the slightest. Just another chattering npc with more opinions that common sense. By all means keep trying though. Its fun to make you look the fool.

BabA_YA6A #182 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 01:41

Captain

• Players
  • 26329 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Apr 26 2019 - 08:26, said:

Sorry. No interest in looking like an end tier player. No interest in looking like anything to you people. You really don't matter that much. I play this game for me.

faram45 #183 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 02:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9734 battles
  • [GSKYO] GSKYO
The railgun velocity of the STB-1 is my favorite part about it. :(

TheGhost_wP #184 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 02:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 46356 battles
  • [SOYUZ] SOYUZ
Okay the 430s absolutely needed a nerf, generally any tank a padder goes to to improve their stats should be a target. The 430 had the maneuverability of a med, armor of a heavy, and gun of a TD something had to change. But the Leo, AMX and STB? like the Leo and AMX was balanced fine in my opinion the STB had crapsoft stats on the gun so I never used it, but they decided to change them anyways? Like if anything the heavies need reworking, the meta is for lighter tanks that can shoot gold and that's what's killing the game. 

EmperorJuliusCaesar #185 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 03:22

Major

• Players
  • 35075 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Apr 26 2019 - 07:19, said:

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Apr 25 2019 - 08:10, said:

Seal clubbing is EXACTLY what makes ppl race up to tiers they aren't ready for.....making high tier games bad, congrats on making that problem worse....in addition to running new players off.  You're a perfect example of why the game is the way it is.

I tend to like a lot of the things I've seen you say EJC, so on this point let's just agree to disagree.

Just saying man....it's EXACTLY why I started buying premiums in the first 2 weeks of playing.  Then RACED up the tree as quickly as possible.  I got my first tier 10 in under 1400 battles, def under 1500 battles.

The other 2 guys I started the game with(one being the one that introduced me to the game after seeing it online) both quit DIRECTLY because of seal clubbing.

People aren't dumb and even new players can see it for what it is when one or 2 of the enemy are swatting your team down like flies.  Then you go to general chat(because you don't yet know how useless it is) and people confirm your suspicions that this game has it's version of "twinking" or seal clubbing as it's called here.

Many either quit.....or race up the tree to get away from it as quickly as possible....thus getting to the higher tiers with an extreme lack of game knowledge and lack of skill(I was in this category for a long time). 

Wargaming even knows it's a problem, that's why the started separating the MM for those under 3k battles, well, they didn't know that ppl are so desperate to seal club that they will create new accounts to do it with......sad.

It's also a big reason they developed bots, to fill the new players games with, because after time, it would combine the under 3k and above 3k battles in order to get a battle started......thus seal clubbing could still happen.

Now WG is giving out tier 6 tokens to new players that complete their training missions.....all because they know that seal clubbing IS driving away newer players so they are letting players skip past those seal clubbing tiers.

However, then they are in a tier 6 with little to no skills....no crew skills(which is why they had that tier 6 crew skill event last month) and the new players are still at a huge disadvantage.

So yes, what you and others are doing....IS a problem.  The sad thing is, you don't seem to care.  Well, you will care if WG goes through with what they are thinking about doing.  Making the crew skills like they are on Blitz and I think Warships....where are the crew skills are on the commander and they do a LOT less and it makes crew skills matter a LOT LESS.  It will help the newer players out a lot......but will screw everyone that's put years in to building crews.

If they do that nuclear option......it's only the (seal clubbing)players that are to blame.  Just like with losing cross-team chat.....it was only the (toxic) players that are to blame.  Same with many things in this game that get downgraded or ruined.....it is the PLAYERS fault.....not that of WG.

Hellsfog #186 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 04:51

Major

• Players
  • 37222 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Apr 25 2019 - 19:40, said:

Your faulty logic is what's pathetic. Being a seal means you are not inferior lol?

Nobody has to play with 50% crews (I never did). If you care enough you pay the gold to get 100%. If you are a cheap skate, hey that's on you.

And I don't have a 9 skill crew on anything. My highest is a 5 skill crew working on 6th. In fact I mostly use the low tier tanks to train up new crews. I do not have a single piece of bond equipment on anything (saving all my bonds just to collect rare tanks).

According to the scoreboards I've been the #1 player in NA on numerous tanks. Not that I even need you to believe it because I don't need to impress someone who doesn't even matter in the slightest. Just another chattering npc with more opinions that common sense. By all means keep trying though. Its fun to make you look the fool.

14,000 battles in tier 2 is definitely seal clubbing. But hey if that gives you some measure of pride, I don't see how it possibly could but if it does, rock on. 

latvius #187 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 14:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31160 battles
  • [-DIG-] -DIG-

Just wanted to add my $.02

I was surprised by the changes to the STB the gun was the problem with it, it has good speed, no armor and the turret is good when people are not shooting gold at it (rarely nowadays).  It really just needed a more consistent gun.

I know they wanted to find a unique role for it but I kinda felt it already had one it just didn't get much play because of the wanky gun.  I really liked it because you did not need to shoot gold to get a pen (usually).

Monarchco #188 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 15:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13032 battles

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Apr 25 2019 - 17:40, said:

And I don't have a 9 skill crew on anything. My highest is a 5 skill crew working on 6th. In fact I mostly use the low tier tanks to train up new crews

Yup. You're once again confirmed the most toxic thing in this entire game, and a giant reason why it's dying.

KRZYBooP #189 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 17:05

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3730 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostOphrys12, on Apr 24 2019 - 19:17, said:

@KRZYBoop: Any plans on re-working the chinese medium line? Seems to me that line needs work from tier 8 (T-34-2) all the way to the top...

I don't have any information on future plans for the Chinese Meduims, but there very well could be plans from our Dev team that we are not aware of yet. 

DomoSapien #190 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 17:50

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14457 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Quick update about the status of these changes:

Commanders!

The first iteration of the Supertest with rebalanced medium vehicles has reached the end, and we have an important message for you. We conducted an in-depth analysis of both your feedback and statistics and concluded that the changes of the Object 430 and the Object 430U didn't show the proper result and require further study in the next Supertest iteration. Therefore, we'll continue to test and monitor changes to the AMX 30B, the Leopard 1 and the STB-1, while taking a deeper dive into our data on the 430 and 430U to determine an appropriate solution for these vehicles.

We'll provide more details at a later date.

BabA_YA6A #191 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 18:26

Captain

• Players
  • 26329 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 27 2019 - 00:50, said:

Commanders!

The first iteration of the Supertest with rebalanced medium vehicles has reached the end, and we have an important message for you. We conducted an in-depth analysis of both your feedback and statistics and concluded that the changes of the Object 430 and the Object 430U didn't show the proper result and require further study in the next Supertest iteration. Therefore, we'll continue to test and monitor changes to the AMX 30B, the Leopard 1 and the STB-1, while taking a deeper dive into our data on the 430 and 430U to determine an appropriate solution for these vehicles.

...and where is the deeper dive for the STB-1 and Leopard.

No mentioning about that. Smile_sceptic.gifSmile_sad.gifSmile_confused.gif

Shibadogdog #192 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 18:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 50945 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 26 2019 - 10:50, said:

Commanders!

Well now some good news for a change .

VIPER262 #193 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 19:24

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 12704 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

430 & 430U Nerf Cancelled  RUSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAA LOVE YOU WARGAMING 

https://translate.google.cl/translate?hl=en&tab=rT&authuser=0&sl=ru&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fworldoftanks.ru%2Fru%2Fnews%2Fupdates%2F430-430u-izmeneniya%2F

Edited by VIPER262, Apr 26 2019 - 21:50.

YANKEE137 #194 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 19:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 12937 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
NYET !

DomoSapien #195 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 20:47

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14457 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostVIPER262, on Apr 26 2019 - 12:24, said:

So, I actually intentionally altered that language when posting this announcement because it gives the impression that we feel the 430U and 430 are totally fine/will remain unchanged. That's not the case; there are still long-term plans to balance the 430 and 430U. Devs weren't satisfied with the reworked parameters, so we're sort of starting back at square 1 and trying to approach it from a different angle. 

Player feedback around the 430/430U changes seems to have a consensus around the fact that simply nerfing the gun handling isn't the right way to rebalance the vehicle.

gpc_4 #196 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 21:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 42033 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 26 2019 - 20:47, said:

So, I actually intentionally altered that language when posting this announcement because it gives the impression that we feel the 430U and 430 are totally fine/will remain unchanged. That's not the case; there are still long-term plans to balance the 430 and 430U. Devs weren't satisfied with the reworked parameters, so we're sort of starting back at square 1 and trying to approach it from a different angle. 

Player feedback around the 430/430U changes seems to have a consensus around the fact that simply nerfing the gun handling isn't the right way to rebalance the vehicle.

Because the armor needs changed.

DomoSapien #197 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 21:15

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14457 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postgpc_4, on Apr 26 2019 - 14:01, said:

Because the armor needs changed.

Personally (and this is just my opinion) I think the armor would be fine if it wasn't able to take critical positions so effortlessly, and didn't have ridiculously high traverse speeds that allow it to keep that Frontal Riot Shield/Upper Glacis plate constantly pointed at anything that tries to circle it.

Funny enough, I think a similar approach to the theory behind the STB-1 changes would benefit the 430U; instead of nerfing the best parts of the tank, nerf the other parts that contribute to the totality of its overall performance. If you nerf the armor, it turns into an STG at tier X; you completely change the role of the tank. Just my two cents though.

Crucible #198 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 21:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17596 battles
Hey, there's a lot of sour heads in this thread, but I'm still playing and loving WoT after 7 years. Don't abuse the announcement team, guys. They work really hard for us and they deserve better.

Monarchco #199 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 21:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13032 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 26 2019 - 13:15, said:

wasn't able to take critical positions so effortlessly, and didn't have ridiculously high traverse speeds

This is a really bad idea unless you want to change its icons from 2 bars, to 3 bars(and give it stuff).

It's already significantly slower than multiple fast heavies. Making it slower than other fast heavies just means the 113 is now outright better. 

As is there's already a lot of people who think the 113 is just a better 430u.

Edited by Monarchco, Apr 26 2019 - 21:33.

Mikosah #200 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 21:35

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 26 2019 - 14:15, said:

Personally (and this is just my opinion) I think the armor would be fine if it wasn't able to take critical positions so effortlessly, and didn't have ridiculously high traverse speeds that allow it to keep that Frontal Riot Shield/Upper Glacis plate constantly pointed at anything that tries to circle it.

Funny enough, I think a similar approach to the theory behind the STB-1 changes would benefit the 430U; instead of nerfing the best parts of the tank, nerf the other parts that contribute to the totality of its overall performance. If you nerf the armor, it turns into an STG at tier X; you completely change the role of the tank. Just my two cents though.

The trouble with that approach is that we're dealing with this: https://tanks.gg/tank/obj-430u/model?vm=live

Just a little bit of rubble or something to cover the lower plate and for all intents and purposes you have the armor profile of a superheavy. If the goal is to create a tech tree line of superheavies that look like mediums, then perfect. But if the goal is to create some mediums with higher than normal durability then they have to be penetrable. Why not instead trade some of that armor for hit points, for instance. For heaven's sake even the cupolas are 300 mm effective, it would be nice if other tier 10s didn't have to load gold to penetrate them.

Also tagged with KRZY, Leo, STB1, STB2, 430, 430U, MT, Rebalance

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users