KRZYBoop's Extravagant Motor Pool: Some Medium tank Rebalances.

KRZY Leo STB1 STB2 430 430U MT Rebalance

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

Stevenwt #61 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 20:30

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4642 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 23 2019 - 12:57, said:

But that's not true- 25.4 hp/ton would give the STB-1 the second-best power-to-weight ratio among tier X mediums, second only to the batchat.  

can you please spoiler tad tat thing, having my test disappear on smartphone is annoying.

Equitem #62 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 20:51

Private

• -Players-
  • 7886 battles
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G
If we're in the spirit of Medium balancing what about the 121? That tank has been left out in the cold for so long it's just sad at this point. The 121 is literal garbage compared to any other tier 10 medium.

cloudwalkr #63 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 21:34

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 55857 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 23 2019 - 18:59, said:

With repect, truly, whoever at your office and whoever is on the balance sides of things that couldn't or didn't see what a horrible design the 268v4 was going to be if released as it was...those people need to be fired or seriously talked to.  I fully understand being cautious with future changes...but the 268v4 was so blatantly OP it's beyond confusing how WG didn't see it before hand.

im still waiting to see what all these changes will do for the game but I must be completely upfront with just how little faith I have in WG to actually balance things when you guys release tanks like the tier 8 ebr FL which is light years ahead of the lynx 6x6 and arguably better than the tier 9 ebr 90.  You guys have gone blatant pay2win and then make what seem to be useless "buffs" on tanks that never get played because they are trash.  

U_50 #64 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 21:38

Private

• -Players-
  • 10148 battles
I like most of these changes, however, I think the RHM PZW should be rebalanced as well. It's a horrible tank, and I hate it. It's trash with tracks. All of it's "strengths" are destroyed by its weaknesses. It is bad even compared to tier nines. It needs to be buffed in some way that makes its super high xp price worth it. 

creativityfails #65 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 21:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 19380 battles
  • [RDTT2] RDTT2

To everyone complaining about the STB penetration nerf, it kinda looks like whoever made these images/post screwed up a bit in fully explaining the STB changes.

That penetration value is stated as at 500m where a shell has lost pen power at distance, NOT 0m. Combined with the massive shell velocity nerf.... It looks like the STB's standard round got changed to AP and WG left that out of the explanation. That or they've pretty much given it the characteristics of the AMX30 gun.

It seems to fit then, with their interpretation that the STB will be a close range, fast firing, high DPM tank. Assuming the pen at 0m stays the same, 258 AP pen is better at close range with more normalization, and worse at longer ranges with the drop off. If it's still APCR then it has the same penetration power effectively at close to mid range, while at range you're going to want to use HEAT.

Combined with what we've been told about the turret armor being updated, and the new hydropneumatic suspension, I think the changes are more positive than you think. The top speed nerf looks painful though, I hope that gets reverted.

The more I think about it, The less it seems like they gave it AP but I hope they do end up giving it to the STB for the normalization.

Edited by creativityfails, Apr 23 2019 - 21:53.

xeldon333 #66 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 21:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 44048 battles
  • [CHILE] CHILE

View PostKRZYBooP, on Apr 23 2019 - 17:30, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

I got some new vehicles in my garage that I am going to do things to. For legal reasons I can't use the proper name from a popular Music television show that no longer plays music. However, I am sure you can guess the Title if I leave an "M" out of the Title. 

It's KRZYBoop's:  Put P.I.N.P. my Tank ! 

P.I.N.P. stands for: 

Power

In 

New

Places

The first Tanks to receive the P.I.N.P. Treatment are:

From Japan: STA-1, STA-2, and The STB-1

From Germany: Leopard1

From France: AMX 30B

From Russia: Object 430, and Object 430U

And many more to come when these tanks receive the full P.I.N.P. treatment. 

For more information on the changes Please click HERE

Domo's ninja-edit:
I see quite a few comments regarding the STB-1, specifically the nerfs to dispersion/accuracy. Something that wasn't directly mentioned in the article, but is definitely worth mentioning in the discussion:

The STB-1 will be receiving buffs to its frontal turret armor. The general thickness around the mantlet will be increased by about 40-50mm, and some weak spots are receiving additional protection. To see the comparison, expand the spoiler tags below:

Spoiler

Stop Nerf STB1 !!!  Penetration of standard shell is a joke (-16mm). No one will level up this tank never. 

I lost my time and money raise the crew x4 perks. back my money STA premium.

Treyjan #67 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 21:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 34585 battles
  • [HLCYD] HLCYD

View Postcreativityfails, on Apr 23 2019 - 15:39, said:

To everyone complaining about the STB penetration nerf, it kinda looks like whoever made these images/post screwed up a bit in fully explaining the STB changes.

That penetration value is stated as at 500m where a shell has lost pen power at distance, NOT 0m. Combined with the massive shell velocity nerf.... It looks like the STB's standard round got changed to AP and WG left that out of the explanation.

It seems to fit then, with their interpretation that the STB will be a close range, fast firing, high DPM tank. Assuming the pen at 0m stays the same, 258 AP pen is better at close range with more normalization, and worse at longer ranges with the drop off.

Combined with what we've been told about the turret armor being updated, and the new hydropneumatic suspension, I think the changes are more positive than you think. The top speed nerf looks painful though, I hope that gets reverted.

Finally someone managed to read the stat changes accurately lol. 232 Pen at 500m people, not the normal 100m we always see in the stats. WG should've just never showed that stat because they should've known people wouldn't read the asterisk item. The only thing that I dont think should be adjusted about the STB is it's accuracy, view range, and speed from how they currently are on the live server but everything else they've done as far as the ROF change and armor change as well as the other soft stat changes do actually make sense to help diversify the many tier 10 meds we have now. 

It's also funny to see people complain about the Leo buffs. They took a mobile sniper tank and gave it more pen, dpm, higher alpha, better accuracy, and higher top speed albeit with less p/w, all things that'll make it a better sniper, and they complain about the fact its not a brawling vehicle. Logic

The 30B buffs just make sense to make that vehicle playable again after its accuracy nerf/dpm buff of yester-year.

The Russian Med nerfs are welcome to me. They're obviously not the nerfs the community was expecting/wanting but at least it's not a buff...

So we'll see where it goes from here. After all, it's only the supertest so it still has a way to go before the live server.

Edited by Treyjan, Apr 23 2019 - 21:54.

KRZYBooP #68 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 21:53

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3730 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Well this is new. 

It seems as though there could be be some wrong information with the initial infographic that was shared earlier today. The STB-1 will not be getting a new special round of APCR with a velocity of 950m/s. It will remain as HEAT. We are currently trying to get this Verified by HQ so please remain patient while we get this confirmed. Since it's not confirmed I am leaving the question mark next to "HEAT" in my edited infographic. 

More information to come tomorrow. 

creativityfails #69 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 21:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 19380 battles
  • [RDTT2] RDTT2

View PostTreyjan, on Apr 23 2019 - 14:52, said:

Finally someone managed to read the stat changes accurately lol. The only thing that I dont think should be adjusted about the STB is it's accuracy, view range, and speed from how they currently are on the live server but everything else they've done as far as the ROF change and armor change as well as the other soft stat changes do actually make sense to help diversify the many tier 10 meds we have now. 

It's also funny to see people complain about the Leo buffs. They took a mobile sniper tank and gave it more pen, dpm, higher alpha, better accuracy, and higher top speed albeit with less p/w, all things that'll make it a better sniper, and they complain about the fact its not a brawling vehicle. Logic

The 30B buffs just make sense to make that vehicle playable again after its accuracy nerf/dpm buff of yester-year.

The Russian Med nerfs are welcome to me. They're obviously not the nerfs the community was expecting/wanting but at least it's not a buff...

So we'll see where it goes from here. After all, it's only the supertest so it still has a way to go before the live server.

well, now that I've thought about it some more I edited my post a bit, Hoping it got AP was a bit of a stretch. It seems more clear now that WG just turned it into the crappy standard APCR HTs fire that flys slowly and has pen drop off. I hope it gets changed to AP though.

EDIT: thanks to above looks like I was right initially. so, nevermind!

Edited by creativityfails, Apr 23 2019 - 21:56.

BluntedBaboon #70 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 21:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23303 battles

Don't change anything to the the non russian tanks. You're making them all worse for slight improvements.

If you do anything, do like what you did with the russian tanks. You nerf at one time. You buff at one time. You don't buff and nerf something at the same time.

PrivateJokker #71 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 21:58

Private

• Players
  • 42865 battles
  • [INFEL] INFEL

View PostHans_Mo1eman, on Apr 23 2019 - 18:53, said:

I dont see the 430U nerf as all that dramatic. And I have done the grind down that line btw. It was needed for balance, if you like the tank and playstyle it will still perform well. I plan to keep mine and I'm sure it will still be just fine.

BabA_YA6A #72 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 22:02

Captain

• Players
  • 26329 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG

View PostKRZYBooP, on Apr 24 2019 - 04:53, said:

Well this is new. 

It seems as though there could be be some wrong information with the initial infographic that was shared earlier today. The STB-1 will not be getting a new special round of APCR with a velocity of 950m/s. It will remain as HEAT. We are currently trying to get this Verified by HQ so please remain patient while we get this confirmed. Since it's not confirmed I am leaving the question mark next to "HEAT" in my edited infographic. 

More information to come tomorrow. 

Still the 428 m/s reduction on the standard shells velocity sounds like a "BAD JOKE"!

TankingTrucker #73 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 22:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36556 battles
  • [-A0A-] -A0A-
I guess I am very confused. I pulled this rite from there opening statement.
"goal is to make all vehicles competitive"
Well let's see if they do these changes to the stb they just turned that tank into a pile of horse s h I t .I mean I played mine once in a while now I wont touch it. Is the goal with the stb changes to get you to fire all premium rounds ? I mean come on that mite be the worst penetration of any tier 10 now.Also with the shell valosity it's going to be like shooting the kv-2 yes first tank ruined .
Then we hop to the leopard, let's buff the gun just a weeee bit and being it has absolutely no armor and everything will penetrate you lets take away some hit points so you die even quicker.
NEXT on the chopping block AMX 30-B well it just got an armor buff and some other tweaks to the good- Buff the hell out of it so it's the next T110E5 tell everyone cries and whines and they get there diaper changed then we will beat it back to death with the nurf baseball bat until knowone wants to touch it because we will turn it into the Amx-30-T the T stands for turd.
OK what tanks to ruin next oh wait I can think of two. The obj 430 and 430u two tanks that are just fine were they are at. But wait this is war gaming and here in there own words "They were also not very common in Random Battles, and their number didn't affect the game balance." So they were not in random battles to many times and they really dont make a huge difference in the match, well we will show those two tank- Nurf them tell they are junk so they are played even less and now you will never see them in a battle because we are going to nurf the gun handling and manoverabuilty so it's like a turtle and know body ever touches them again. WOW JUST WOW. I thought they were going to buff them up so people wanted to play them but they are making them so piss poor they will never see the light of day out of your garage now.
Who makes the changes on these tanks because he or she needs to keep her nose out of the bottle of glue or quit sniffing sharpies all day. They just turned some good to decent tanks into total crap if they due this to those tanks.why is war gaming so [edited]backwards is there head screwed on backwards.
This is the first time I have ever criticized war gaming on something they were changing. But my God stop making tanks worse to were you dont want to touch them.

_CrocJaw #74 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 22:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 34245 battles

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Apr 23 2019 - 16:38, said:

nerfing velocity and penetration on some of the most underperforming mediums is "rebalance"  ?!

ya right the STB 1 is being improved?? Oh well this info saved me from a useless grind.

:sceptic:

TankingTrucker #75 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 22:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36556 battles
  • [-A0A-] -A0A-

View PostBill_Nye_The_RNG_Guy, on Apr 23 2019 - 11:37, said:

Yeah, I agree. When are they going too buff my T22? #MakeTheT22GreatAgain

When you win it fair and square and dont fix matches and cheat to get it. Oh that looks like never then.

spud_tuber #76 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 22:21

Major

• Players
  • 56429 battles
They talk about the T8 Jpn meds, but the T9 is arguably worse tier for tier than either the T8 or T10.  Any plans for it?

13Disciple #77 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 22:24

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23900 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

I'd really like to see the Leo 1 move from an HE shell to a HEP/HESH shell as it's HE round. 

I'd love to see this on the Leo like it is on the M41 90 -> being rewarded with strong armor knowledge feels great.

DaDoomTurtle #78 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 22:53

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13047 battles
  • [TNKGG] TNKGG

View Postcreativityfails, on Apr 23 2019 - 15:39, said:

That penetration value is stated as at 500m where a shell has lost pen power at distance, NOT 0m. Combined with the massive shell velocity nerf.... It looks like the STB's standard round got changed to AP and WG left that out of the explanation. That or they've pretty much given it the characteristics of the AMX30 gun.

It seems to fit then, with their interpretation that the STB will be a close range, fast firing, high DPM tank. Assuming the pen at 0m stays the same, 258 AP pen is better at close range with more normalization, and worse at longer ranges with the drop off. If it's still APCR then it has the same penetration power effectively at close to mid range, while at range you're going to want to use HEAT.

The more I think about it, The less it seems like they gave it AP but I hope they do end up giving it to the STB for the normalization.

Long time no see. :teethhappy: Good catch noticing that the pen on the STB-1 was for 500m, which seems pretty okay to me. My guess is that they will tweak the mobility some more to avoid this becoming a weaker Japanese Patton. That AMX 30B buff is what matters to me. :trollface: Might need to start grinding a crew for it. My only hope is that they address the armour on the cheeks and the massive tumor cupola on top.

__Neo__ #79 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 23:13

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5815 battles
  • [_E_] _E_
Rip STB1.  Hopefully you forgot to mention on the STB1 you will be adding cushions on the dash for the crew when they hit their heads on the dash at 48kph like a wall.  All that HP and nowhere to use it lol.  But to nerf its velocity, viewrange, speed, pen and alpha.  I forgot, what got improved?  Oh it goes through water faster and traverse improved to get the tanks penning you for 440 that outspotted you.  Lol wg.

Edited by __Neo__, Apr 23 2019 - 23:35.

feanval #80 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 23:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18960 battles
  • [-RH-] -RH-
I am waiting for WG to buff tanks that really need it like IS4 the crapshow tank that is utterly useless in tier X meta and only played in CW by people with no other tanks.

Also tagged with KRZY, Leo, STB1, STB2, 430, 430U, MT, Rebalance

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users