Jump to content


Crazy nerfs to stb 1


  • Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Trauglodyte #61 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 19:57

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 20112 battles
  • 3,193
  • [GSH] GSH
  • Member since:
    06-04-2016

View PostAvalon304, on Apr 24 2019 - 02:58, said:

 

Yes the tank is keeping HEAT, its just getting a standard AP round and not APCR.

 

I was going to comment on this but I, like I think others, I got the premium "special ammo" shell change mixed up with the Leopard.  The STB-1 keeps the HEAT round, as the special ammo, while the Leopard 1 is having its special ammo changed from HEAT to APCR.  Both tanks are having their normal round change from APCR to AP.

 

View PostStevenwt, on Apr 24 2019 - 04:01, said:

Well hopefully the people I saw who were running Swedish mediums on test did not know what they were doing but the matches I was in the swediums were meh inspiring at best.

 

I almost wonder if the developers noticed this and gave the tank the new suspension just to get another version to run it in test so they had a diferent type to see how that played out.

 

View PostAsassian7, on Apr 24 2019 - 04:10, said:

Im glad about the suspension, that was my biggest fear. 

 

I can speak, to the suspension - I've got almost 100 games, on the test server.  The change to Siege mode doesn't require a button push and it is much faster than the TDs.  There is a short delay, call it half a second-ish, before it kicks in but, while noticeable, it isn't game breaking.  The problem with the UDES mediums (aka Swediums) is something that the STB won't suffer - they're extremely long and the turret is located mid-rear, versus the STB turret forward.  That, alone, will provide the Japanese medium (Japedium?) a much higher level of functionality.  What I've come to find is that the Swediums are essentially flatter Emils with worse turret locations.  In other words, you're fantastic if your target is straight on, to you.  If any opponent has a slight angle on you, the turret strength fails because the massively long hull gets exposed.

 

Again, this is all anecdotal, without being able to test it.  But, I think that the STB-1 will be in a lot better position.  I have never played it but it is [edited]easy to get 4-5k damage in the UDES 15/16, on test, and it isn't the most comfortable tank, in terms of mobility and agility.  Should be even easier to do that, even with a slightly weaker turret face, on a more nimble platform.  Plus, given everyone's experience with how the STB-1 currently plays, you know how to play it as is.  The Swediums have a bit of a Russian/Chinese problem, in that they're so small that terrain causes problems, even with the suspension.


Take all of that, with a grain of salt.


Edited by Trauglodyte, Apr 24 2019 - 19:58.


Asassian7 #62 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 23:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 25318 battles
  • 11,968
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
  • Member since:
    12-26-2011

View PostKliphie, on Apr 25 2019 - 00:49, said:

Off topic, but it's heartening to see a "this suck" vs "this is ok" exchange turn into a real conversation with limited hyperbole.  

Thats because Avalon and I both know and respect each other, and each others opinions :P



Avalon304 #63 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 02:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 21528 battles
  • 9,245
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostAsassian7, on Apr 24 2019 - 15:39, said:

Thats because Avalon and I both know and respect each other, and each others opinions :P

 

Its true!

Trauglodyte #64 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 02:48

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 20112 battles
  • 3,193
  • [GSH] GSH
  • Member since:
    06-04-2016

View PostAsassian7, on Apr 24 2019 - 23:39, said:

Thats because Avalon and I both know and respect each other, and each others opinions :P

 

View PostAvalon304, on Apr 25 2019 - 02:07, said:

 

Its true!

 



ARCNA442 #65 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 03:11

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 14160 battles
  • 407
  • [RE4GD] RE4GD
  • Member since:
    09-10-2016

View PostThe_Next_Penetration, on Apr 24 2019 - 10:30, said:

This is a high alpha or autoloader game. Low alpha high dpm tanks are always fail at high tier. You can use them effectively as long as artillery is in the game

 

Only mostly true - low alpha / high dpm can work if the tank has good gunhandling, armor, and mobility (ie Obj 140). However, the new STB will not have any of those things.

WhosMans #66 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 04:08

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 31756 battles
  • 61
  • Member since:
    08-11-2012
I'm not a fan of the changes tbh, all the tank really needed to be more competitive was a few tweaks to the gun handling. Reducing alpha and shell velocity puts this tank at a disadvantage against pretty much every other medium at tier 10. I think some of the changes are acceptable but the two stats I mentioned before were fine and really don't need to be changed.

Avalon304 #67 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 04:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 21528 battles
  • 9,245
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostARCNA442, on Apr 24 2019 - 19:11, said:

 

Only mostly true - low alpha / high dpm can work if the tank has good gunhandling, armor, and mobility (ie Obj 140). However, the new STB will not have any of those things.

 

I mean the STB-1 goet massively improved movement and hull traverse gun dispersion values (0.09 down from 0.16 for both movement and hull traverse), and it got an aim time buff... so it will literally have a gun that handles very well for a tier 10. It will also have a buffed turret and more gun depression that the Obj. 140 or the T62A or the Obj. 907. So I mean it will literally have 2 of the 3 things that the Russian meds have...and if we're gonna be honest it'll be functionally as fast as the T-62 and not even meaningfully slower than either the 140 or 907. (5kph is literally nothing. Meanwhile you'll have a ~25HP/ton power to weight ratio which rivals the TVP-50/51 and is only slightly less than the BatChat 25t, meaning you'll get to your top speed faster than any other other tier 10 mediums and you'll maintain it in more varities of terrain).

spud_tuber #68 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 04:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 56429 battles
  • 7,587
  • Member since:
    08-26-2013

View PostAvalon304, on Apr 24 2019 - 21:15, said:

 

I mean the STB-1 goet massively improved movement and hull traverse gun dispersion values (0.09 down from 0.16 for both movement and hull traverse), and it got an aim time buff... so it will literally have a gun that handles very well for a tier 10. It will also have a buffed turret and more gun depression that the Obj. 140 or the T62A or the Obj. 907. So I mean it will literally have 2 of the 3 things that the Russian meds have...and if we're gonna be honest it'll be functionally as fast as the T-62 and not even meaningfully slower than either the 140 or 907. (5kph is literally nothing. Meanwhile you'll have a ~25HP/ton power to weight ratio which rivals the TVP-50/51 and is only slightly less than the BatChat 25t, meaning you'll get to your top speed faster than any other other tier 10 mediums and you'll maintain it in more varities of terrain).

STB will still have worse terrain resists than the BC and 50/51, so its mobility won't be as close as the HP/ton would initially suggest.   Well, unless WG plays with its terrain resists as well.






4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users