Jump to content


Leave the STB-1 alone


  • Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

tanopasman62 #1 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 19:00

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 21239 battles
  • 4,539
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_
  • Member since:
    12-13-2016
The tank is already known for being lackluster, reducing its alpha, mobility and pen for that [edited]suspension is just making the tank worse, if these are your changes, leave it as is.

Christojojo #2 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 19:06

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 34779 battles
  • 2,581
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP
  • Member since:
    10-09-2010
At least they are nerfing the 430 line. I wish they had two different adjustments one for pubs one for competitive. But hey then they would need to get rid of the excessive RNG too.

LeaveIT2Beaver #3 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 19:10

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 37363 battles
  • 9,955
  • [J4F] J4F
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014
Too late...

tanopasman62 #4 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 19:19

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 21239 battles
  • 4,539
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_
  • Member since:
    12-13-2016

View PostChristojojo, on Apr 23 2019 - 19:06, said:

At least they are nerfing the 430 line. I wish they had two different adjustments one for pubs one for competitive. But hey then they would need to get rid of the excessive RNG too.

 

As long as they have their armor and alpha they'll still be viable, though.

umkhulu #5 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 19:43

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 124 battles
  • 460
  • Member since:
    07-15-2017
One has to realize that a lot of the nerfs are as a result of player feedback. Seems that our influential players always want things to be made easier for them.

jsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1 #6 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 20:09

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 3929 battles
  • 758
  • Member since:
    11-30-2017

View Postumkhulu, on Apr 23 2019 - 19:43, said:

One has to realize that a lot of the nerfs are as a result of player feedback. Seems that our influential players always want things to be made easier for them.

 

but thats a misnomer here. the masses of influential crying 24/7 masses of plebs love the 430u....... yet LOL

 

ah well i cant wait to enjoy the new mega buffed stb1 leo1 and 

 

oh right unnerfed to pre 0.90 30b

 

LOL



WileyCat #7 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 20:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 31150 battles
  • 2,089
  • [-U-M-] -U-M-
  • Member since:
    02-09-2012

View Posttanopasman62, on Apr 23 2019 - 12:00, said:

The tank is already known for being lackluster, reducing its alpha, mobility and pen for that [edited]suspension is just making the tank worse, if these are your changes, leave it as is.

 

nerf it just to watch you cry that would be awsome

xeldon333 #8 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 21:43

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 45230 battles
  • 65
  • [CHILE] CHILE
  • Member since:
    05-11-2016

Penetration of standard shell is a joke (-16mm). No one will level up this tank never. 

 

I lost my time and money raise the crew x4 perks. back my money STA premium.



shiil #9 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 21:45

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 50680 battles
  • 450
  • [DV] DV
  • Member since:
    06-26-2011

This is flat out Nerf, stb-1 already got a good gun depression and any standard pen nerfs is just likelike as player to fire more and more premium ammo.

Wot admins love penetration nerfs so much that they forgot what destroyed the AMX 30B in the first place.



Avalon304 #10 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 21:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 23443 battles
  • 9,981
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

The penetration nerf is at FIVE HUNDRED METERS. The penetration at 100m is staying the same. It also got an overall mobility BUFF as despite losing 5kph off its top speed it gained that back on its reverse speed and got a 4.2 HP/ton buff. Its also getting a turret armor buff... soooo...

 

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/602695-crazy-nerfs-to-stb-1/page__p__12089237#entry12089237



ClydeCooper421 #11 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 23:12

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 14763 battles
  • 2,966
  • [LOAD] LOAD
  • Member since:
    05-18-2015

View PostAvalon304, on Apr 23 2019 - 12:57, said:

The penetration nerf is at FIVE HUNDRED METERS. The penetration at 100m is staying the same. It also got an overall mobility BUFF as despite losing 5kph off its top speed it gained that back on its reverse speed and got a 4.2 HP/ton buff. Its also getting a turret armor buff... soooo...

 

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/602695-crazy-nerfs-to-stb-1/page__p__12089237#entry12089237

 

along with 360 alpha it's being butchered. 

Da_Vinci #12 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 23:18

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 37973 battles
  • 691
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
  • Member since:
    10-01-2011

The stb nerf feels like it's introducing a unique play style. Medium tanks shouldn't be competitive with heavy tanks and heavily armored tds. They should have to flank things in order to do damage. The current meta is dumb with meds being able to effectively kill everything without really having to work for it.

Not sure where WG's going with this, but the stb 1 will at least be interesting to play. Don't want everything in the game to be dumb and easy.

 

It is still a super test so it can change a lot. WG was gonna nerf every medium tank to their ideal play style but pulled that out after a while.



Asassian7 #13 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 23:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 25479 battles
  • 12,128
  • [PETCO] PETCO
  • Member since:
    12-26-2011

View Postumkhulu, on Apr 24 2019 - 06:43, said:

One has to realize that a lot of the nerfs are as a result of player feedback. Seems that our influential players always want things to be made easier for them.

Bollocks.

 

No one I know would have ever said "yes, this is how we want the STB to play" only WGs crazy logic would think that.



umkhulu #14 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 23:57

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 124 battles
  • 460
  • Member since:
    07-15-2017

View PostAsassian7, on Apr 23 2019 - 23:30, said:

Bollocks.

 

No one I know would have ever said "yes, this is how we want the STB to play" only WGs crazy logic would think that.

I don't believe that WG would decide to nerf vehicles knowing that it would upset many players just to please a few!....

Asassian7 #15 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 00:18

    Major

  • Players
  • 25479 battles
  • 12,128
  • [PETCO] PETCO
  • Member since:
    12-26-2011

View Postumkhulu, on Apr 24 2019 - 10:57, said:

I don't believe that WG would decide to nerf vehicles knowing that it would upset many players just to please a few!....

Of course they would. They dont know what they're doing. They do it all the time. 



VinnyI82 #16 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 00:54

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 37633 battles
  • 1,759
  • [POSHY] POSHY
  • Member since:
    07-23-2010
The STB-1 is already mediocre.  This is a nerf, or basically another way of saying "play the leo or the amx instead."

Avalon304 #17 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 00:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 23443 battles
  • 9,981
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostClydeCooper421, on Apr 23 2019 - 15:12, said:

 

along with 360 alpha it's being butchered. 

 

360 alpha doesnt seem to have stopped the Italian tier 9 and 10 mediums from being exceptionally good vehicles... so Im not that worried to be honest. 30 alpha is really nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Xplato #18 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 02:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 19215 battles
  • 4,536
  • Member since:
    04-04-2012

View PostAvalon304, on Apr 23 2019 - 18:56, said:

 

360 alpha doesnt seem to have stopped the Italian tier 9 and 10 mediums from being exceptionally good vehicles... so Im not that worried to be honest. 30 alpha is really nothing in the grand scheme of things.

 

maybe oh I don't know it's because it fires 4 shells? Let me ask you why should any other tier 10 medium be afraid of the STB? It can't out trade other tanks, it can't out DPM them either.

 

360 Alpha is beyond bad. It will mostly kill the tank. tell me do you actually realize what 30 Damage does? 30 Damage is the difference between a win and a loss. just like useless Shell velocity is also the difference between winning a flank, and losing.



SporkBoy #19 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 02:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 48334 battles
  • 2,836
  • [PZB] PZB
  • Member since:
    02-06-2014
I'm going to miss that shell velocity most of all.

Xplato #20 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 03:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 19215 battles
  • 4,536
  • Member since:
    04-04-2012

View PostSporkBoy, on Apr 23 2019 - 20:47, said:

I'm going to miss that shell velocity most of all.

 

I'm going to miss the STB being even a remotely viable tank. Good to know WG is planning on killing the tank. The Type 61 is going to be better tier for tier, words I never thought I would say..
 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users