Wah time

game play bitching

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Heat_Stroke #1 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 19:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29174 battles

Alright, so I'm trying to complete the stupid "scout without being seen " mission, and when not stuck in city hell, I've been getting matches over-inundated with lights. At lower tiers I can see that, but at Tier 8-10 rarely... until today. 2 times back-to-back fights with 6 lights each, and no arty which seems really strange. I don't know what the hell the admins are doing to the game, but each change is getting worse.

Since I'm [edited], I play a lot of arty, and I'm sick of 3 in a match too. I don't want to see it go away but wth. When 3 focus on 1 tank, what do you think is going to happen? I play other stuff, so I know what it feels like to be the focus of attention. I also know what it's like to dish it out, and I actually feel sorry for hammering someone. What do you do when there isn't anything else to shoot though. Yeah they may be doing something stupid, but death by tracking isn't fair no matter what you're driving. Either lower the numbers in a match or make tracks invulnerable for 10 seconds after a repair. Oh and stop making missions that rely on teams to do anything, because there are no teams in WOT, only a conglomeration of individuals; the majority or which can't stop peeing themselves. This is why I can't play the game with any consistency anymore, it's more frustration than fun.

SporkBoy #2 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 19:42

Major

• Players
  • 43894 battles
  • [PZB] PZB

Yeah, it's tough. Make sure you are properly setup. Situational awareness, recon, camo, BIA, camo net, camo directive and maybe run food. Set vehicle up for maximum speed so you can rush to the best magic spotting bushes (situational based on map).

I prefer binoculars over optics since passive scouting means not moving anyway.

LT101-401 are good practice.

Edited by SporkBoy, Apr 23 2019 - 19:47.

Heat_Stroke #3 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 19:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29174 battles

View PostSporkBoy, on Apr 23 2019 - 19:42, said:

Yeah, it's tough. Make sure you are properly setup. Situational awareness, recon, camo, BIA, camo net, camo directive and maybe run food. Set vehicle up for maximum speed so you can rush to the best magic spotting bushes (situational based on map).

LT101-401 are good practice.

The new missions, I'm stuck in American because some genius thought a light mission with Brits and Pols was a good idea. Which means American, since the other 2 don't have lights after certain levels. I'm perked up and camo'd,  but didn't consider the directives. I keep forgetting it's all about the money. Thanks!

WhineMaker #4 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 21:17

Major

• Players
  • 36587 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

Projectile_Misfired #5 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 22:10

Major

• Players
  • 37268 battles

OP, if you're talking about the "Play Your Tank Class Right" missions (LT 101-401), yeah, those can get really difficult when you have more than 3 Lights on both sides. Staying hidden AND spotting 4 enemy tanks, before your teammates spot them, gets really tricky.

If, however, you're talking about the Campaign missions, IIRC, none of them require you to "remain" unspotted like the LT 101-401 missions. You just have to NOT be spotted at the time x-event(spotting enemy, assisted damage, etc.) occurs. This means that, even if you do get spotted, you can still go dark and continue with the mission.

Furthermore, with the Campaign missions, if you're talking about the 1st Campaign, you can do those in any Light tank, provided it's high enough tier, regardless of the nation. And, with the 2nd Campaign, you don't even have to use a Light tank. You can actually complete what would be considered "Light tank" missions using any tank, again provided it's high enough tier. Case-in-point, I've actually completed a few parts of a "block XX amount of shots" in an arty.

And, when I get frustrated with the way matches go, I'll also jump in arty for a few. However, I don't feel any remorse for my victims. 

SporkBoy #6 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 03:35

Major

• Players
  • 43894 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
When the order of battle show 4 light tanks I seriously contemplate team dmg and shooting tracks/wheels at spawn just to get an advantage.

I_QQ_4_U #7 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 05:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 21349 battles
The light missions are still pretty easy to do, far easier than any of the others, but adding the AC's did make them a little more difficult. The biggest problem I have with them is usually getting a long rotation of crap maps that it's almost impossible to do it on. However I did get 401 done once on Ensk and twice on Paris.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users