Enough is Enough, FIX MM

MM still broken bottom tier every game facerolled 5 games in a row sever pop down 7000

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

DeleriousDeadwood #21 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 19:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7234 battles

If I wanted to have a tank that's never penned I'd get one of the clown cars.

I'd like parity, really.

Again, it's all about money, and they are no longer getting any of mine. If others did the same their tune would change, in a hurry.

Machisman #22 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 21:15

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37000 battles

MM is fine and its doing its job. I will blame it on player base. NA server is dwindling. Unfortunately we have less of the average and good players playing this game. So your probability of getting good players on each team is less.

Until all of the players learn this game, MM will never be good.

Remember this is just a game, try not to camp and i always request players to put their tank hit points to use. No point in hiding in the back when your team mates are being targeted. Always try to keep your flank alive, help the ones in need. Take in few shots. More the guns alive, better chances to win.

Dont blame the MM, start contributing. Also stop playing TD's. Change has to come from Player base. 

Why do you always blame MM for your failures. I know RNG has its play, but try to contribute and see how the outcome of the battle changes.

Richman #23 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 22:32

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 53823 battles
  • [-RH-] -RH-

as of 4-24-2019...

I must say MM is much better...thx for additional templates

DeleriousDeadwood #24 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 03:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7234 battles
Recent fight - Pilsner - we started in the North, and ten, yes ten of our team tanks went east. They encountered three enemy tanks who killed them all, and did not lose a tank. I was the only person who killed an enemy tank. You can't "get gud" enough to overcome that level of ineptitude. So stop chanting that mantra.

DeleriousDeadwood #25 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 03:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7234 battles

Another recent fight - three clown cars, three arty, you can't hit the clown cars and when you do you can't pen them, and they spot for arty and poof game over.

This is not even close to "a competitive match."

VooDooKobra #26 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 05:44

Major

• Players
  • 10037 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostDeleriousDeadwood, on Apr 24 2019 - 11:29, said:

If I wanted to have a tank that's never penned I'd get one of the clown cars.

I'd like parity, really.

Again, it's all about money, and they are no longer getting any of mine. If others did the same their tune would change, in a hurry.

View PostDeleriousDeadwood, on Apr 24 2019 - 19:05, said:

Recent fight - Pilsner - we started in the North, and ten, yes ten of our team tanks went east. They encountered three enemy tanks who killed them all, and did not lose a tank. I was the only person who killed an enemy tank. You can't "get gud" enough to overcome that level of ineptitude. So stop chanting that mantra.

View PostDeleriousDeadwood, on Apr 24 2019 - 19:33, said:

Another recent fight - three clown cars, three arty, you can't hit the clown cars and when you do you can't pen them, and they spot for arty and poof game over.

This is not even close to "a competitive match."

and these posts have zero to do with being bottom tier in MM 

Harvester_0f_Sorrow #27 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 22:29

Captain

• Players
  • 29307 battles
  • [LOYAL] LOYAL

Yep it has been really bad for me lately too. Time to take another break I guess

JohnnyO7 #28 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 00:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 14704 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT

I know there is a lot of talk about MM lately and I am glad the discussion continues because WG needs to know what we think (yes, I believe they care). My two cents is that it's never as simple as one factor, in other words you can't blame solely a broken MM, RNG or inept players. Some battles are lost because RNG seems to be "against" you, some are lost because of player mistakes, and so on.

The one thing that I cannot agree with is that if players learn to play, all will be resolved. For that to be true, you would have to admit that MM selectively places bad players together. I see no evidence of that by looking at the players rating breakdown. There are always good and bad players on both sides. To add my own experience to the argument, a couple of days ago I had a winning streak of 8 games but I played average to poor because I was playing newer stock tanks and unskilled crews. We still crushed the other teams rather easily. A couple days before that I had a seven game losing streak where I was playing some of my older, preferred tanks and I did really well, yet we still lost really badly. That occurs regularly. It is the TEAM performance that dictates the game result, not one individual performance. How could MM anticipate who will play well as a team or who won't? Pretty impossible.

crashtrucker #29 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 13:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 46587 battles
  • [T-O-G] T-O-G
I agree that MM is not working fix it or change it it would help if the games were closer when i play i get 1 kill our team gets 3 kills total and that is a goog game something is very wrong

VooDooKobra #30 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 14:02

Major

• Players
  • 10037 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View Postcrashtrucker, on Apr 26 2019 - 05:29, said:

I agree that MM is not working fix it or change it it would help if the games were closer when i play i get 1 kill our team gets 3 kills total and that is a goog game something is very wrong

MM can only do so much when it comes to one-sided wins or losses, thats why games use other tricks my counterstrike using a reset system.  that is where they break down a match into rounds and do a reset or restart when objectives are met.  as well as other games put in things like health regen to keep players from dying too fast.  Most games in WoT that end up close are ones where teams are unable or unskilled enough to put the other team away.  how is that a better thing?  

Smooky_Le_chien_husky #31 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 14:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24884 battles
  • [LMFR] LMFR

to much player are only fire apcr premium round very annoying . you can see for many people are noob for using just that

Splatterit #32 Posted Apr 27 2019 - 15:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 37342 battles
  • [LYLT] LYLT
MM is supposed to give a fair chance or reasonable facsimile? Have gone from 52 to 49% because I have many (too many according to the law of large numbers - 40% and lower win chance matches. I now log after 5 losses in a row. Today 40, 38, 34 with most ending 14-0 to 13-0 because of the MM team setup. Nothing about tiers. If you allow mods to show win potential, then MM can also do better. WOT has become a seal clubbing ground not based on skill but because of flawed MM.  

jst2gr8 #33 Posted Apr 28 2019 - 14:21

Captain

• Players
  • 65444 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostDeleriousDeadwood, on Apr 24 2019 - 19:05, said:

LOL, I was just in a match where the whole team went to the West and all died by 2 tanks. I was the only one in the East facing 9 tanks and killed them all. Oh, I don't have a replay or screen shot. Just take my word for it. Blahahahahaha

jst2gr8 #34 Posted Apr 28 2019 - 14:23

Captain

• Players
  • 65444 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

All the bottom feeders are going to whine and cry about every little thing... "MM is broken", "there's too many arty", "I am always bottom tier". 

If you people actually took the time to learn the game instead of rushing up the lines to get that tier 10, that you are terrible in, you might be better and not cry as much. 

Machisman #35 Posted May 01 2019 - 17:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37000 battles

View PostUvBeenTrumped, on Apr 28 2019 - 07:23, said:

All the bottom feeders are going to whine and cry about every little thing... "MM is broken", "there's too many arty", "I am always bottom tier". 

If you people actually took the time to learn the game instead of rushing up the lines to get that tier 10, that you are terrible in, you might be better and not cry as much. 

Completely agree. However, not every player will have the same skill. Either Game must enforce certain restrictions before they can rush to tier 10. Oh wait, anyone can buy tier 8 premium. 

Currently on NA server, i am sad to say this, we do not have a lot of average players who can turn the battle outcome. Super good players just steam roll the opponents. There has to be a way to counter some of these super good player platoon, if not this game will not be enjoyable for casual players.

NeatoMan #36 Posted May 01 2019 - 18:09

Major

• Players
  • 28198 battles

View PostMachisman, on May 01 2019 - 11:45, said:

There has to be a way to counter some of these super good player platoon, if not this game will not be enjoyable for casual players.

How often do you run into a platoon of super good players?  They make up less than 1% of the player base, and platoons of them are even more rare.  I see maybe one or two such platoons every 100 games or so. They can't be the reason for so many roflstomps

cthulhu_hunter #37 Posted May 03 2019 - 11:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37645 battles

View PostZombieTanker007, on Apr 23 2019 - 23:47, said:

The title says it all.  Some of you may be familiar with my opinion on the pitiful state of the MM system.  I can deal with losses, and I can deal with the occasional faceroll but when it happens 4 games in a row while never once being top tier, well that is broken.  The ironic thing about this is games like these have become even more common since they "fixed" MM.  Anyone who disagrees please tell me how being facerolled 4 games in a row in tier 7-9 is fine?

EDIT:  Also thought I'd point out that the server population has dropped by around 8000 in a week.  This time last week it was close to 25000, right before I logged it was just under 16000.

Moderated by Volier_Zcit

Broken MM (aka massively intentionally unbalanced teams) is what makes WG all the $. Therefore, MM will never get truly fixed, but simply get more unbalanced. SBMM would fix broken game but sadly will never happen. Unicums and those that use cheat mods do not want SBMM because they will be forced to fight players of equal skill.

Tolos #38 Posted May 03 2019 - 11:34

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View Postcrashtrucker, on Apr 26 2019 - 12:29, said:

No offence, but every time you hit battle its an unbalanced game for your team. They are effectively one tank down from the start. That's not the fault of the MM, that's you being bad at the game. 

NeatoMan #39 Posted May 03 2019 - 12:07

Major

• Players
  • 28198 battles

View Postcthulhu_hunter, on May 03 2019 - 05:26, said:

Broken MM (aka massively intentionally unbalanced teams) is what makes WG all the $.

How does that make them money?

VooDooKobra #40 Posted May 03 2019 - 13:36

Major

• Players
  • 10037 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View Postcthulhu_hunter, on May 03 2019 - 03:26, said:

Broken MM (aka massively intentionally unbalanced teams) is what makes WG all the $. Therefore, MM will never get truly fixed, but simply get more unbalanced. SBMM would fix broken game but sadly will never happen. Unicums and those that use cheat mods do not want SBMM because they will be forced to fight players of equal skill.

or is it that you dont want to face players better than you that you want sbmm.  AW had SBMM and still had the same issues so what is the attraction of what people think is a miracle fix?  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users