Sergeant

• Players
  • 54478 battles
Don't need to watch a video - #playsomethingelse

_EXO #3 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 03:12

Private

• -Players-
  • 7713 battles

Dealing with Toxic players is pretty easy, In game when someone is Raging about whatever i.e. RNG, ARTY, Matchmaking, Maps, Tanks, Premium Ammo Spam, Your game play... etc.
Hold CTRL Key down, hold mouse over their name in chat and click to Blacklist. Since the game is loaded with whiners, you can also get a mod to increase your Blacklist size, because it only holds 500 names, you'll probably run out of room.

That being said, if you find someone who's being nice and giving constructive criticism or advise, maybe listen, you could learn something from the rare moment.

Edited by _EXO, Apr 24 2019 - 18:32.

MrBeetleBumEntertainment #4 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 03:39

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4 battles

View Post_EXO, on Apr 24 2019 - 03:12, said:

Dealing with Toxic players is pretty easy, In game when someone is Raging about whatever i.e. RNG, ARTY, Matchmaking, Maps, Tanks, Premium Ammo Spam, Your game play... etc.
Hold CTRL Key down, hold mouse over their name in chat and click to Blacklist. Since the game is loaded with whiners, you can also get a mod to increase your Blacklist size, because it only holds 500 names, you'll probably run out of room.

That being said, if you find someone who's being nice and giving constructive criticism or advise, maybe list, you could learn something from the rare moment.

agreed,

in the video I talk about how "block for this match" is my first choice unless the player is just full tilt crazy. Sometimes good players get tilted from personal stuff or maybe just a bad game, I try to resist using the blacklist during a match but if they PM me and rage for no reason, then its insta blacklist

cheers

dunniteowl #5 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 03:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 29329 battles

I just Block For This Battle.

Placing folks on my Black List seems like ME feeding energy into that negative state.  I have yet to have someone "come after me" beyond the initial incident of running into someone that rages -- or deems it necessary to come to my garage and harass me.

I did BL one person for about an hour.  I figured it would take about that long for them to wind down and either log off or get back to playing.  Meanwhile, I have the luxury of forgetting who they are and not letting their issues also become mine.

I encourage anyone who gets 'engaged' in the process of someone else being toxic by returning it full force to consider this:

Is this REALLY fun for you?  To trade barbs and insults, to spend time on tit for tat in text over, say, I don't know -- playing the game?

Do you and Can you really just 'shake it off' if you spend more than thirty seconds on a situation such as that?

Is this REALLY what you'd Rather Do instead of just playing the game?

Is this the best use of your time and energy?

The best medicine for someone who seems to thrive on raging is to ignore them.  Do not give them your power, your energy, your time or your attention.  This is what they really seek and to deny them this is the best possible thing you can do.

Believe me when I tell you, it isn't easy.  It's part of our cultural condition to 'give as good as we get' from someone.  For this reason TK incidents and Chat Rage Incidents are Legion on the forums and in-game (though not as often as some make out) -- because we are culturally trained to not back down, stand our ground and 'defend' ourselves against those who 'attack' us in any way.  

I lived the life of a "bully magnet" as a small bookish kid.  I had 3 older brothers and an abusive father.  Those two combinations earned me the nickname "The Tasmanian Devil" because when folks messed with me I pretty much let go all reason and turned into a little whirlwind of fists, feet, teeth, knees and elbows aimed at whatever was closest.  I was, for a long time, the poster child of 'how not to behave' when harassed by others -- according to our moral and social dictates and yet, was the epitome of 'how it's done' when someone is messing with you.

That took a long time to get under control so that I didn't act inappropriately as an adult when challenged.

If you let someone in this game get your dander up, then you have something you need to get under control for YOU.  You choose whether or not you're going to get upset.  IN a GAME, getting all bent out of shape is NOT A GOOD SIGN.  Let the others be that way, but don't you fall for it yourself.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

2SPOOKY4U #6 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 03:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11855 battles
  • [2SPKY] 2SPKY

i usually just flat out ignore it even the map pingers. it eventually ends. be it the 15 minute clock or the T.O.D.

I like some good garage banter especially when its overly silly (called a reroll on same account since 2013 with bad stats, the classic "shooting gold noob", and who could forget "uninstall idiot" with no context)

MrBeetleBumEntertainment #7 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 03:40

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4 battles

View PostJohnnyFave, on Apr 24 2019 - 02:37, said:

Don't need to watch a video - #playsomethingelse

53,000 games, your not the demographic this video is made for :)

JohnnyFave #8 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 03:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 54478 battles

View PostMrBeetleBumEntertainment, on Apr 23 2019 - 20:40, said:

53,000 games, your not the demographic this video is made for :)

4 battles, not your usual account :)

MrBeetleBumEntertainment #9 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 03:52

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4 battles

View PostJohnnyFave, on Apr 24 2019 - 03:41, said:

4 battles, not your usual account :)

no, I made this account so all alerts,notifications and emails related to gaming can all go to the one gmail account. but my game account is easy to find mr_beetlebum

Hellsfog #10 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 04:49

Major

• Players
  • 37655 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
Another click farmer?

lordpelvis #11 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 05:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 41638 battles
  • [SMAX] SMAX
Turn off xvm, turn off chat.....problem solved.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users