Fair Play Policy: Updated List of Prohibited Mods

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

The_Illusive_Man #1 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 15:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 13302 battles

Source

More mods getting banned! Two that a lot of players use (though its a crutch), and one that I thought was always illegal....

bravo9er #2 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 15:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24015 battles

So this WG EU policy update applies to NA as well?  

Edit: It's been posted on the NA portal as well.

Edited by bravo9er, Apr 24 2019 - 16:33.

The_Illusive_Man #3 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 15:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 13302 battles

View Postbravo9er, on Apr 24 2019 - 11:47, said:

So this WG EU policy update applies to NA as well?  

They have a global policy. Its just an EU link.

Ortinoth_ #4 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 15:51

Captain

• Players
  • 27055 battles
the post for NA is here : https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/fair-play-policy-update-0419/

_Tsavo_ #5 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 15:54

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44876 battles
  • [TSAVO] TSAVO

1.) Gun direction indicator: I thought this was already banned?  Good to see it nuked

2.) Closest target: never thought this was a thing and saw it on some screenshots and streams and wondered what it was

3.) Out of render marker:  HOW THE HELL IS THIS LEGIT CURRENTLY AND BEFORE?  What the balls!?  

Other than that, bans should be harsher than 7 days and blindly assuming or installing mods isn't an excuse.  30 or 90 day bannerino as a first offense, please.

F1O1 #6 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 15:54

Captain

• Players
  • 60 battles
  • [SAMUS] SAMUS

Seems like an oxymoron, doesn't it. Their fair play policy, constitutes an updated fair play agreement, with newer clearer wording and warnings that prior players, both law abiding and possible offending didn't have before. How does this make any sense? And people get 1 warning basically, and false-positive bans are all the rage  -  l am pretty sure people can very easily get intimidated into just running vanilla client. Which is not actually a bad thing, its just bad policy, bad karma. 

l don't see how display arrows to closest opponents should be something illegal. But whatever, whatever makes this giant gong show tick. When people have an endorsed, legal auto-aim function on armoured cars quite clearly dictated as illegal, legal - but something that silly as illegal.  Laughable. 

Zombie_Snuggles #7 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 26128 battles
  • [ROGER] ROGER

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Apr 24 2019 - 15:35, said:

Source

More mods getting banned! Two that a lot of players use (though its a crutch), and one that I thought was always illegal....

Good!

HOTA_CHATON #8 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:02

Major

• Players
  • 13116 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Apr 24 2019 - 08:35, said:

Source

I would love to see a day, where there are no mods allowed, at all.  Straight vanilla client all the time, 24/7, all year long.

DetectiveHoots #9 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8885 battles
  • [FLARE] FLARE
I'm surprised that the mod that was featured on DezGamez's channel just recently wasn't added. It paints markers on all the weak spots of almost all the tanks in the game. It can also globally remove all camouflage and paint jobs from tanks so that the weak spot markers are more easily visible (camo bonus still applies) and change the color of dead tanks to make them easier to see. I personally play vanilla, not really into mods or somehow getting caught in a ban wave over an illegal mode that I didn't know about.

Buttknuckle #10 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:04

Major

• Players
  • 49936 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View Post_Tsavo_, on Apr 24 2019 - 14:54, said:

HOW THE HELL IS THIS LEGIT CURRENTLY AND BEFORE?  What the balls!?

This was my initial gut response to all of these. Clearly they all provide an advantage over vanilla so how were they ever considered legal under the fair play policy?

Insanefriend #11 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:05

Captain

• Players
  • 44089 battles

View PostF1O1, on Apr 24 2019 - 08:54, said:

l don't see how display arrows to closest opponents should be something illegal. But whatever, whatever makes this giant gong show tick. When people have an endorsed, legal auto-aim function on armoured cars quite clearly dictated as illegal, legal - but something that silly as illegal.  Laughable. 

The display arrows are what I would consider border line, they provide the ability to tell at a glance without looking at the mini map how far away something is.  This would allow a player to both guess at if they are behind a object along with allowing better object tracking.

The aim mods they are targeting are vastly different then the aim assist on wheelies.  The in game aim assist just makes it easier to get a lock, it doesn't aim at weak point or target lead.

QuicksilverJPR #12 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:06

Major

• Players
  • 27179 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View Post_Tsavo_, on Apr 24 2019 - 09:54, said:

1.) Gun direction indicator: I thought this was already banned?  Good to see it nuked

2.) Closest target: never thought this was a thing and saw it on some screenshots and streams and wondered what it was

3.) Out of render marker:  HOW THE HELL IS THIS LEGIT CURRENTLY AND BEFORE?  What the balls!?  

Other than that, bans should be harsher than 7 days and blindly assuming or installing mods isn't an excuse.  30 or 90 day bannerino as a first offense, please.

I didn't even know there was an out of render marker...

That might explain some very strange activity I've experienced over the past year (where I know I was out of render range of someone and yet they could still reliably hit me)...

F1O1 #13 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:07

Captain

• Players
  • 60 battles
  • [SAMUS] SAMUS

View Post_Tsavo_, on Apr 24 2019 - 14:54, said:

Other than that, bans should be harsher than 7 days and blindly assuming or installing mods isn't an excuse.  30 or 90 day bans as a first offense, please.

What about blind bans? False positive. War gaming is horrible at handling this. Games tend not to govern like this,  like Gestapo. How about proof? 

First time offense should be 7 day ban and emailed explanation, mod-trip, date and time. 

Second-timers, 35 day ban, removal of all premium time if possessed, 10 million credit fine to be paid back if not in possession, account placed under constant review for next infractions (team-killing, bad sportsmanship)  With of course war gaming email, explanation, infraction tripped, date and time.

Third is banned.

But we need some server support here. This isn't 1942 where black suits with scary caps knock on your door, offer you to get into their car outside, or hit you on the head with a billy-club, and drag you into the car anyway and speed off. They can at least explain, and provide proof. The goal is to be arbitrarily fair, right? 

F1O1 #14 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:09

Captain

• Players
  • 60 battles
  • [SAMUS] SAMUS

View PostInsanefriend, on Apr 24 2019 - 15:05, said:

The display arrows are what I would consider border line, they provide the ability to tell at a glance without looking at the mini map how far away something is.  This would allow a player to both guess at if they are behind a object along with allowing better object tracking.

The aim mods they are targeting are vastly different then the aim assist on wheelies.  The in game aim assist just makes it easier to get a lock, it doesn't aim at weak point or target lead.

Auto aim-target lock is the issue. l don't care about auto-aim +, or self autonomous aiming, or weak spot checking, or velocity corrections over distance. Don't care about any of that. lt is auto-aim assist, not having to strike the vehicular outline, which upsets me and many more too. 

forgey51 #15 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:10

Private

• -Players-
  • 15248 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
WHY THE ?!?@# is there even a MOD hub...……………………………..just ban all mods     how is any of those new mods banned an advantage...… please   tell me...… if literally everyone could use them then there is NO advantage ppl     so sad I ever spent any mula or even downloaded this game.....their liberal policies make laugh...…… everyone and anyone could use it but if ya did you had an advantage cuz others are stupid and chose not to use!    gesh

forgey51 #16 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:16

Private

• -Players-
  • 15248 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View PostButtknuckle, on Apr 24 2019 - 16:04, said:

This was my initial gut response to all of these. Clearly they all provide an advantage over vanilla so how were they ever considered legal under the fair play policy?

ummm    dude   any MOD is an advantage over vanilla moron!   lmbo   yes lets ban stuff anyone can use cuz ppl who want to not use mods complain!      ummmm liberal logic      like saying you could get a tax break if ya just check this box.  but then ppl refuse to check the box and complain about the ppl who do, so they take the tax break from everyone cuz its not fair that anyone can use it but ppl choose not to so this means no can use it now!  yay for stupidity

Hellsfog #17 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:20

Major

• Players
  • 37575 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostF1O1, on Apr 24 2019 - 10:09, said:

Auto aim-target lock is the issue. l don't care about auto-aim +, or self autonomous aiming, or weak spot checking, or velocity corrections over distance. Don't care about any of that. lt is auto-aim assist, not having to strike the vehicular outline, which upsets me and many more too. 

You do realize that any mod that does what you describe is already banned. 

Zombie_Snuggles #18 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:20

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 26128 battles
  • [ROGER] ROGER

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Apr 24 2019 - 16:02, said:

I would love to see a day, where there are no mods allowed, at all.  Straight vanilla client all the time, 24/7, all year long.

This!!!

_Tsavo_ #19 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:21

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44876 battles
  • [TSAVO] TSAVO

View PostF1O1, on Apr 24 2019 - 10:07, said:

What about blind bans? False positive. War gaming is horrible at handling this. Games tend not to govern like this,  like Gestapo. How about proof? 

First time offense should be 7 day ban and emailed explanation, mod-trip, date and time. 

Second-timers, 35 day ban, removal of all premium time if possessed, 10 million credit fine to be paid back if not in possession, account placed under constant review for next infractions (team-killing, bad sportsmanship)  With of course war gaming email, explanation, infraction tripped, date and time.

Third is banned.

But we need some server support here. This isn't 1942 where black suits with scary caps knock on your door, offer you to get into their car outside, or hit you on the head with a billy-club, and drag you into the car anyway and speed off. They can at least explain, and provide proof. The goal is to be arbitrarily fair, right? 

I agree that as an initial ban it's a bit harsh, but I'm a bit torn between WarGaming, who has a history of being experts at bungling thins and loathing cheaters.  A certain player got a perma ban but it was overturned to an account wipe with premium which I find a bit questionable and not proper.

There should be transparency in regards to what tripped you (but not how they tripped) but I also think one should do their due diligence when installing mods.  

My distrust in WG helped encourage my shift to vanilla some years back and only recently have I occasionally run Marks of Excellence Extended on it's own.  It's rather benign so I'm not all to worried.  I feel the game's still vanilla enough with just MOE X.  

The_Illusive_Man #20 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 13302 battles

View PostF1O1, on Apr 24 2019 - 12:07, said:

Third is banned.

"removal of all premium time if possessed, 10 million credit fine to be paid back if not in possession". 

The removal of someones premium time they paid for would cause mass lawsuits. So no.

Other than that, I agree with this.

View Post_Tsavo_, on Apr 24 2019 - 11:54, said:

1. There are two versions of the mod. One is already banned, the other (the one mentioned), was legal.

2. Its a weird mod...

3. Yeah, ive always thought it was illegal...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users