War Gaming, I would like to suggest that you dis-allow all mods.

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

HOTA_CHATON #1 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:18

Major

• Players
  • 13015 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB

For the following reasons, all mods should be banned, no matter what they are or where they are utilized:

1) It will help to remove suspicion of cheating.

2) It will stop a lot of negativity, both in game, and on the forums.

3) It will help eliminate a lot of truly unnecessary tickets being submitted for suspicious and unsportsmanlike like conduct perceived during battle.

4) It will help to place all players, no matter the # of battles under their belt(s), skill level, and tier level on the same page and might even make game play better while seeming more fair for all.

5) It will help to free up War Gaming staff from wasting time investigating this type of stuff when their time would be better spent on other more important issues such as fixing game issues, working on new or old maps for release into the game, new vehicles for new lines, and countries for us to have.

I am sure, that I kept on, I could find many more reasons but I believe that I have mentioned the most obvious benefits of ridding this game of all mods.

Thanks War Gaming Staff, for even taking the time to look at it and consider it.

LeaveIT2Beaver #2 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 35394 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

6)  It will remove the incentive for all mod makers to create improvements that WG may implement and purchase from the authors. Example - Battle Assistant view for arty. 

7)  It will remove some modifications that help people with disabilities enjoy the game 

Ortinoth_ #3 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:22

Captain

• Players
  • 26764 battles
It will not do any of these things - 1 - people will still accuse people of cheating when they don't understand the basic mechanics of the game such as spotting and cammo and armor penetrations, 2. Only 1 mod part causes toxicity - battle stats - and that is being currently worked on . 3. It won't change the amount of tickets 4. it will not change places for any player in the same bracket, skill has a place on your preformance in battle regardless of using mods or not, mods do not improve the player. 5. this goes along with number 4, wargaming will still investigate the same amount of tickets per day. 

heavymetal1967 #4 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:25

Major

• Players
  • 69765 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/601364-devs-reblance-info-mod-blocking-arty-maps-fl-xvm-and-much-more/page__fromsearch__1

Block Quote

MODS/XVM

We aren’t planning to block XVM.

The mod that allows players to see your nickname and stats – We have a concept for fixing it. One variant here is similar to the Fog of War on the Global Map. However, we need to study the aftermath of the case when all players choose to anonymize their name and stats. We’ll be working on it and release a certain version of the solution this year. We can’t confirm that it’s going to be final.

Before implementing an anonymizing feature, a lot of potential problems have to be studied – too many people choosing to be anonymous, too little people choosing to be anonymous (will just make players focus the anons), it being significantly harder for the support team to respond to tickets about anonymous players breaking game rules etc.

If and when WG succeeds at fully closing the client from prohibited mods, they will likely unban a lot of players that were banned for using those mods, even those banned permanently.

F1O1 #5 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:26

Captain

• Players
  • 60 battles
  • [SAMUS] SAMUS

l think they should prohibit all mods too.

And remove the names of players/clan in game.

_Tsavo_ #6 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:27

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44585 battles
  • [TSAVO] TSAVO

No.  I waffle between vanilla and vanilla with Marks of Excellence tracking.  

Some creature comforts we have due to mods:

• Damage logs
  • Damage taken/blocked logs
  • Spotting/assist logs
  • Minimap last known
  • minimap view range indicators on the minimap
  • 2 row carousel (though multiple rows would be nice)
  • garage tier/class/nation filters
  • probably more that I'm missing

Keep mods, only so we can have guys making new creature comforts that we'd otherwise not know that could also be included int he game at some point.

riversteel #7 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 95589 battles
All mods should be banned, no matter what they are or where they are utilized.

Hambijon #8 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:37

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3552 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
Although I play with a vanilla client, I disagree saying modding should be illegal for WoT.  The mod community sometimes make things that actually get implemented into the game officially which just gives players more customizability when playing (damage logs, spotting/view range and draw distance on the minimap, etc).  I understand that there are some mods that may give a player a minor "advantage" but those will be met with bans.

ShookYang #9 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:47

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9729 battles
  • [5LINE] 5LINE

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on Apr 24 2019 - 07:18, said:

For the following reasons, all mods should be banned, no matter what they are or where they are utilized:

3) It will help eliminate a lot of truly unnecessary tickets being submitted for suspicious and unsportsmanlike like conduct perceived during battle.

4) It will help to place all players, no matter the # of battles under their belt(s), skill level, and tier level on the same page and might even make game play better while seeming more fair for all.

5) It will help to free up War Gaming staff from wasting time investigating this type of stuff when their time would be better spent on other more important issues such as fixing game issues, working on new or old maps for release into the game, new vehicles for new lines, and countries for us to have.

I am sure, that I kept on, I could find many more reasons but I believe that I have mentioned the most obvious benefits of ridding this game of all mods.

Thanks War Gaming Staff, for even taking the time to look at it and consider it.

Do you turn off all new features added by WG that they are added since 0.7.0?  Did you enjoy the UI while playing 0.7.0 during April Fool's weekend?

You can thank mods for the current UI.

Plays_With_Matches #10 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:51

Major

• Players
  • 29387 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View Post_Tsavo_, on Apr 24 2019 - 10:27, said:

No.  I waffle between vanilla and vanilla with Marks of Excellence tracking.  

Some creature comforts we have due to mods:

• Damage logs
  • Damage taken/blocked logs
  • Spotting/assist logs
  • Minimap last known
  • minimap view range indicators on the minimap
  • 2 row carousel (though multiple rows would be nice)
  • garage tier/class/nation filters
  • probably more that I'm missing

Keep mods, only so we can have guys making new creature comforts that we'd otherwise not know that could also be included int he game at some point.

Zoom mod was also a big improvement as well as the battle assistant for arty although that probably was a con for the non arty player. As you mentioned, the carousel is certainly a big improvement although I wish the filters were better!

Panzerkind #11 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:56

Major

• Players
  • 35248 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ
I would be fine with something like XVM being banned. 

I do use it, but it's a double-edge sword. It gives me a good idea of what players on the enemy team will be the greatest threat, but it also gets me arty-focused (clan tag does that too though so... meh) 

someguy124 #12 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 17:34

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 31443 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

I sure hope you have more than the points you just listed, because every one of them is incorrect.

No it wont. Players will continue to accuse players of abusing the system regardless of whether said system is possible to abuse.

With all the complaints about arty, wheeled vehicles, OP premiums, MM, etc. removing mods would be as effective as a chocolate teapot in regard to removing toxicity from the forums.

As said above in point 1, people will always find something to complain about, regardless of the presence of mods in the game.

Sure some mods provide an advantage to those that use them, however many of these are stated as illegal mods by WG. I see no reason to remove mods which provide user-friendly benefits, skins or garage features should be removed just because of a hand full of mods which are already specified as illegal by WG.

I find it hard to believe vast amounts of time are being spent on mods in the first place. Furthermore, I doubt the few employees who are investigating these mods are the same people who will be working on game balance and testing new/existing game systems.

Xirth #13 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 17:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9645 battles
  • [SF-V] SF-V
Why dont they change XVM so you only see your stats.  Simple solution.  Why should I care how good you are, we will find out in the game.  Its not like you can select your teammates or something.

Devils_Scorpion #14 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 17:55

Major

• Players
  • 11075 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY
Yay another XVM rant thread  :trollface:

Devils_Scorpion #15 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 17:56

Major

• Players
  • 11075 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostXirth, on Apr 24 2019 - 10:40, said:

Why dont they change XVM so you only see your stats.  Simple solution.  Why should I care how good you are, we will find out in the game.  Its not like you can select your teammates or something.

If you dont care then why look at them? Simple solution is dont look at them, dont dowload XVM and play your game, but not your place to tell others they cant use it

Devils_Scorpion #16 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 17:58

Major

• Players
  • 11075 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostPanzerkind, on Apr 24 2019 - 09:56, said:

I would be fine with something like XVM being banned. 

I do use it, but it's a double-edge sword. It gives me a good idea of what players on the enemy team will be the greatest threat, but it also gets me arty-focused (clan tag does that too though so... meh) 

So you dont use it therefore it should be banned?   I get it, I has its pros and cons but I dont think it matters in the real scheme of things in this game

alphadogg64 #17 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 18:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1163 battles
  • [LOLTR] LOLTR
Unfortunately, I will have to disagree. WG has implemented many great features into this game because of their popularity as mods. Disallowing mods is really hampering to any future innovation when it comes to the game, because let's be real, WG aren't good enough to properly innovate by themselves. They didn't even come up with Frontline lol.

nuclearguy931 #18 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 18:03

Major

• Players
  • 79922 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View PostDevils_Scorpion, on Apr 24 2019 - 11:55, said:

Yay another XVM rant thread  :trollface:

You mean 'XVM whine' thread.

Like what was quoted in in heavymetal1967's post, as Wargaming said, "too many people choosing to be anonymous, too little people choosing to be anonymous (will just make players focus the anons)". Remember the old saying, be careful for what you ask, you might just get it. For example, I will use the whiner and crying threads about arty that lead the implementation of the stun mechanics, the complaining got even worse after they got the change they wanted.

Devils_Scorpion #19 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 18:06

Major

• Players
  • 11075 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View Postnuclearguy931, on Apr 24 2019 - 11:03, said:

You mean 'XVM whine' thread.

Is there a difference at this point, its getting real old either way

nuclearguy931 #20 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 18:09

Major

• Players
  • 79922 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View PostDevils_Scorpion, on Apr 24 2019 - 12:06, said:

Is there a difference at this point, its getting real old either way

It's challenging the arty hate threads.....lol.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users