• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

Jambijon #1 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:25

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3678 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Attention Tankers!

The ban hammer is expanding its range across more mods, so be prepared!  The following mods aren't a target just yet for our hammer but it will be by June 1st.

1. Showing the direction of guns on the minimap:

2. Displaying arrows to the closest opponents:

3. Marking adversaries beyond the draw distance (using red columns, spheres, etc.):

Note: We'll initiate another massive ban wave, based on the current (non-updated) version of our Fair Play Policy, in the near future. However, the following ban wave takes into account the updated list of cheats, and we'll definitely penalize those who continue to use the above-mentioned unfair mods, contrary to our warnings.

For the full list of details and prohibited mods, follow the link provided below:

Fair Play Policy: Updated List of Prohibited Mods

GLHF and play fair!

Smooky_Le_chien_husky #2 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24682 battles
  • [LMFR] LMFR

I did use a mods are pack like aslain or other told me are legal . i get banned for 7 days for nothing so can you imagine i did not have a warning or anything for i take off . im not english or rusian . i only see if said legal i use it huh i use alsain again like always but shrug

The_Illusive_Man #3 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 13326 battles

Ninja'ed!

http://forum.worldof...rohibited-mods/

Ortinoth_ #4 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:28

Captain

• Players
  • 27228 battles
  • [SEGA] SEGA
Good now to add more basic mods into the client :P

_Tsavo_ #5 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:29

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46189 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

I have no idea how that last one could have even been considered a legitimate mod in the first place and why it's just now being chucked into the ban-hammer pile.

Also more harsh punishments, please.

Edited by _Tsavo_, Apr 24 2019 - 16:39.

nuclearguy931 #6 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:30

Major

• Players
  • 82028 battles
  • [UMM] UMM
I thought the gun direction mod was already on the banned list?

Plays_With_Matches #7 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:39

Major

• Players
  • 29734 battles
  • [K-H] K-H

Please add better tank carousel filter options in the Vanilla client! For example, I would like to be able to select non-elite tanks... you know, the ones I am grinding! Or be able to exclude elite, premium and reward tanks... also maybe an option for selecting preferred matchmaking only tanks.

I know, real world problems. But something as simple as to improve the filtering on the carousel would go a long way!

Wheless22 #8 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 1911 battles
"Showing direction of guns on minimap" is now banned...  Guess I won't be buying anymore premium time.  Oh well, was fun while it lasted.

PTwr #9 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:39

Major

• Players
  • 45482 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

View Postnuclearguy931, on Apr 24 2019 - 15:30, said:

I thought the gun direction mod was already on the banned list?

If I remember correctly, it was enemy gun direction only. Now it is any gun direction.

mlinke #10 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:40

Captain

• Players
  • 53042 battles

View PostWheless22, on Apr 24 2019 - 16:39, said:

"Showing direction of guns on minimap" is now banned...  Guess I won't be buying anymore premium time.  Oh well, was fun while it lasted.

hahahahaa. Cheater

mlinke #11 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:48

Captain

• Players
  • 53042 battles

View PostSmooky_Le_chien_husky, on Apr 24 2019 - 16:27, said:

I did use a mods are pack like aslain or other told me are legal . i get banned for 7 days for nothing so can you imagine i did not have a warning or anything for i take off . im not english or rusian . i only see if said legal i use it huh i use alsain again like always but shrug

they all have some ilegal options. If you click on them and install them all u get baned. Only basic is ok. Best run no mods. Mods are for weaklings

Smooky_Le_chien_husky #12 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24682 battles
  • [LMFR] LMFR
I not know why said be legal . but be careful . Now we know cause wg are advice atm . 

black_colt #13 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 4287 battles

View PostHambijon, on Apr 24 2019 - 07:25, said:

Attention Tankers!

The ban hammer is expanding its range across more mods, so be prepared!  The following mods aren't a target just yet for our hammer but it will be by June 1st.

3. Marking adversaries beyond the draw distance (using red columns, spheres, etc.):

Note: We'll initiate another massive ban wave, based on the current (non-updated) version of our Fair Play Policy, in the near future. However, the following ban wave takes into account the updated list of cheats, and we'll definitely penalize those who continue to use the above-mentioned unfair mods, contrary to our warnings.

For the full list of details and prohibited mods, follow the link provided below:

GLHF and play fair!

Perhaps you could also highlight the following so that users do not need to scroll to the bottom of the page to find out that Wargaming has stated how to get Mods without worrying about policy violations:

The Mod Hub is still the only place to download various mods officially approved by Wargaming, without worrying about policy violations. So if you are in doubt whether any modification is a cheat or not, just visit the Mod Hub to discover all the verified and newest mods for World of Tanks.

PTwr #14 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:54

Major

• Players
  • 45482 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

View Postmlinke, on Apr 24 2019 - 15:48, said:

they all have some ilegal options. If you click on them and install them all u get baned. Only basic is ok. Best run no mods. Mods are for weaklings

Pink tanks rustled my aesthetic weakness so much I ended up making mod to recolor them :D

Most of options I used mods for are already in base game, so other than eyesore-remover and some garage mods I run vanilla nowdays.

black_colt #15 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 17:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 4287 battles

View PostHambijon, on Apr 24 2019 - 07:25, said:

Attention Tankers!

GLHF and play fair!

Glad to see that Wargaming is finally clearly stating upcoming illegal mods in advance.

Perhaps Wargaming could place a dialog box in the client stating:

Upcoming Changes:

Please ensure that you are only running mods from the WG Mod Portal to avoid sanction under the Fair Play Policy.

By clicking on [OK - You Understand] and you are taken to the client - by clicking on [Go to WG Mod Portal] you are taken the region specific Mod Portal.

Nacho71AR #16 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 17:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 29477 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

Some people install popular MOD packs and get banned without even noticing having an ilegal MOD. Ej. ASLAIN pack  which is on allowed WoT official mod pack site https://wgmods.net/ and is the most popular

2019-04-24_130907.png

Edited by Nacho71AR, Apr 24 2019 - 17:36.

djb_95 #17 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 17:22

Major

• Players
  • 93018 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU

Note there is some contradiction.  Aslains modpack is one of the approved ones.

BUT:

Aslains modpack INCLUDES the 'Direction of closest enemy' mod.  He has been good about removing stuff that is banned so I assume that this will be gone soon.

Also a question.  Is the 'ATAC' mod in Aslains not allowed?  (Lights up when an enemy tank is within 100 meters.)

Since the stated policy seems to be that Aslains is on the 'approved' list.  Can we safely assume that we will not be banned for using anything in it?  It sure makes life easier.

Quoted directly from the announcement page:

'The Mod Hub is still the only place to download various mods officially approved by Wargaming, without worrying
about policy violations.'

Can we rely 100% on the above statement????

Edited by djb_95, Apr 24 2019 - 17:33.

Smooky_Le_chien_husky #18 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 17:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24682 battles
  • [LMFR] LMFR

View PostNacho71AR, on Apr 24 2019 - 16:11, said:

Some people install popular MOD packs and get banned without even noticing having an ilegal MOD. Ej. ASLAIN pack  which is on allowed WoT official mod pack site https://wgmods.net/

2019-04-24_130907.png

True  i like pack are easy for instals 

MagillaGuerilla #19 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 17:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 25892 battles
They still allow the zoom out mod ? Lame game WG.

xXx_Dead_Zombie_xXx #20 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 17:31

Major

• Players
  • 41405 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View PostHambijon, on Apr 24 2019 - 09:25, said:

Attention Tankers!

GLHF and play fair!

whats next, remove WG's red flash when you get hit, or the markers that tell u which way an enemy tank hit you from?.. seems some WG player decided he needed to find another reason why they are bad. I personally think WG should remove the 3 second 6th sense delay.. and stop having people get spotted when they are un-spotted, and fire a kill shot on a tank.. most idiotic thing in the game, as if they would really be able to tell your location when they are pulverized to every other tank on their team.. maybe worry about all the bugs first for once.. as for the mods, could care less, i don't play enough to worry about any mods..

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users