• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

DOG1_sniper #81 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 15:34

Private

• -Players-
  • 32609 battles
  • [WLSON] WLSON

View Postshooterc25, on Apr 25 2019 - 14:39, said:

NochEinBier, so I have obviously played a lot of games. I improved my crews through grinding those crews through the lower tiers. As I would grind through tanks I would move the crew to the next tank. By the time I got to tier 10 those crews were pretty decent. So what I am getting out of what you typed is that you should be able to use mods to make up the difference? here is a thought, do what thousands of other players did and work your way to improving your, not only skills but crews. The fact that you are not as good as other players it is ok in your mind that you need to run mods to improve your chances. I can only say that is absolutely crap, my self and a lot of others worked their way to get to where they are in the game. I run vanilla, no xvm either, a couple years ago I stopped using xvm. There is nothing worse to enter a game and have some crybaby making statements, enjoy the loss. It is not my or anyone else’s fault that my crews are better than yours, it is also not my fault that your skill level is less than others.. The fact that you think it should be ok for you to to cheat to make up for it is just amazing to me. When I have good games it’s because I did good things, not because a computer program did it for me. I just find your reasoning truly amazing. I fight players with better stats than me all the time, doesn’t bother me in the slightest, I am not going to get better unless I figure out how to beat those players.

I agree with you 100%  On the mark with everything - well said.

LuckyStarr #82 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 15:35

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7567 battles
  • [AMOX] AMOX
Sad to see the "nearest enemy indicator" mod go, that was the single most useful mod I ever tried, I can safely say this mod alone has boosted my performance and WR by a couple notches. Since it didn't provide any information that you couldn't obtain otherwise, I don't see why it needs to be removed. With this mod removed, good players will get better and bad players will get worse.

DOG1_sniper #83 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 15:40

Private

• -Players-
  • 32609 battles
  • [WLSON] WLSON

View PostDJA1965, on Apr 25 2019 - 04:49, said:

just like many that play this game, we all know that this is not being monitored like these bastards say. Today alone I have been killed by 3 restricted mods. I have sent in to wargaming numerous times and they have done nothing about it. Its time to leave guys. hERE IT IS. iF YOU PAY, YOU GET TO CHEAT......WARGAMING POLICY. 

How do you know they are using cheat mods?  I run vanilla, but using a mod that would allow me to detect those using cheat mods is ONE mod I WOULD use!  I also agree - it does seem like wargaming isn't cracking down.... I have way too many unexplained incidents in the game.

MagillaGuerilla #84 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 15:47

Major

• -Players-
  • 25893 battles

View PostDOG1_sniper, on Apr 25 2019 - 15:40, said:

How do you know they are using cheat mods?  I run vanilla, but using a mod that would allow me to detect those using cheat mods is ONE mod I WOULD use!  I also agree - it does seem like wargaming isn't cracking down.... I have way too many unexplained incidents in the game.

WG doesn't really care, they just want us to think that. Any game that allows third party game play mods isn't legit. 

DOG1_sniper #85 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 15:51

Private

• -Players-
  • 32609 battles
  • [WLSON] WLSON

View PostXoXSciFiGuy, on Apr 25 2019 - 10:05, said:

Anyone using mods not provided by World of Tanks should be banned for life. That's my opinion. You can sometimes tell when these late-night mod users show up. Oh yes you can. 

Game play takes a sudden change and all at once enemy players are running up the kills with no logical explanation. We've all seen it before. Want to change all that? WOT should do an update that detects non-WOT mods in your game folder and deletes your account. Good thing I'm not in charge, isn't it? ;)

Ban them all like yesterday. The best thing for WOT is to ensure everyone has a level playing field. That's the bottom line. If you're really THAT good, then you should be able to BE that good when everything is the same for EVERYBODY. 

Look...I've played more than 30,000 maps and I've NEVER gone outside WOT for any mods. And I never will. I just keep hoping it will be the same parameters for everybody. Someday. If you want an edge, spend money on a premium tank and whatever else WOT offers...but nothing from outside creators or other websites. NOTHING. It isn't their game and they should keep their noses out of it. 

I have seen online gaming back to the 90s and back then it was pretty crazy. Chinese websites popped up with crazy mods you loaded to your game folder. This practice destroyed the Delta Force community. Just saying. 

Didn't ask for my opinion, but all I'm saying is what a lot of players are saying among themselves. 

Well said!

black_colt #86 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 15:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 4287 battles

View PostDOG1_sniper, on Apr 25 2019 - 06:28, said:

I think all mods should not be allowed.  These guys that use win8 calc mods etc. that give a predicted chance of victory or allow a player to measure the ability of the opponents they face.... please - the guys out there in ww2 had no way of doing this or knowing who they faced on an individual level.  kicking these kind of mods would probably add to the spontaneity of the game and the way each battle develops.  I personally use no mods as a matter of principal and to be in keeping with the spirit of the intended design of this game.

Also, if wargaming wants to get serious about cracking down on this crap that ruins the game for all of us honest folk out there, then please, what is with the penalties?  A 7 day ban and warning?  how about 30 days?  That might get abusers thinking.  Does wargaming really want to keep trash like this around to ruin the game?  I hope they severely monitor the play of those caught after a first abuse.

WARGAMING - IT IS TIME TO CRACK DOWN ON THIS IN A MORE MEANINGFUL WAY!

Hate to break it to you but this is NOT a WWII simulation game so stop trying to fit the game in that environment.

Do you own/program World of Tanks?

If not, how do you know the intended design of the game?

Wargaming, as the content and copyright owner, decides what goes on in their app - e.g. allowing mods.

I suspect that they have noticed that they put themselves in an awkward position by allowing mods to be freely installed without oversight.

And as such, IMHO, they are taking the right steps in regards to modifications - looking at what makes the game more playable and balancing that against giving someone an advantage WITHOUT suddenly eliminating mods, providing a single source for mods.

IMHO the WG Mod Portal should have a formal developer program so that mod producers can have early access to changes so that they can test and adapt their mods so that they are available immediately upon release of an update.  The cost to join that developer program should be minimal - e.g. USD 25 for one year.  Why? To ensure that single mode producers can participate.

Wargaming should lock and sign the [res_mods] and [mods] folder and only allow modification of those folders through a Wargaming signed installer.  Approved mods would only use that installer.  Wargaming would distribute the package - e.g. mod and installer - through the WG Mod Portal so that players have a single trusted source of mods.  This will be tricky but IMHO the effort will be well worth it.

Why is having a single trusted source of mods and locked and signed folders in the game important? 

Because it eliminates the PAM [pissing and moaning] on the Forum about being sanctioned for a mod. If you are not running approved mods from the WG Mod Portal then you get sanctioned.

Want to produce a mod? Then join the Mod Developer Program.  This will ensure that the mod is stable and sanctioned.

It also streamlines the monitoring of the thousands of clients out there - just check the [res_mod] and [mods] folder to see if they have been modified without permission.  If so, then scan those folders and determine if the mods there are on the approved list.  If not, then sanction that user.

Players of the game can be assured that the mods downloaded and installed will NOT get them sanctioned leading to peace-of-mind in the Community.

Edited by black_colt, Apr 25 2019 - 16:12.

DOG1_sniper #87 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 16:00

Private

• -Players-
  • 32609 battles
  • [WLSON] WLSON

View PostNochEinBier, on Apr 25 2019 - 13:06, said:

DANGER DANGER WG rant coming. :)

I beg to differ. Some of these "cheats" are just cheats like the red poll and spotting tanks that have never been spotted, etc, but some are levelers in game play as well. For example if you and I were to play. I'm sure that your tank with your 20k of game play has crew skills with 4 or 8 skills. While I have maybe 1 or 2. so your "snap" a shot from A1 to me in J9 would hit, take out a track, kill my commander, ammo rack me, and leave me with 5 health. This is how many games end up with 13-0 wins. *IF* WG was to work and fix that so that clear seal clubbing is done away with, or at least not so common.

Yes you can argue that I need to stick to lower tier games, but sadly WG is not setup that way. THEY SELL TIER 8 TANKS to ANYONE!! Why?? Because WG is a business for profit and for the players this is the only way to get coin and credits. Low tiers are total bollix for earning squat! And while I'm grinding my poor crew yours are getting even more skills! YES YES YES your skills are supposed to grew harder exponentially, but all the rewards, bonds, etc all go to top tier! Just look at FRONTLINE this is TIER * ONLY game play. All those rewards, bonus, etc all goes to --- yep players with Tier 8 tanks! And this is where the true pain point comes to head with crew skills. All tanks are equal there. The crew skills are what make this no longer a Vanilla games. Yes the player skill is a big point to. You earn and hone that with your time and learning the tank. But all these skills and perks mean that I'm driving up to an invisible tank that can play 8 rounds into me before I can even wake my commander up from his slumber! This is a WG issue that they chose not to fix. And I'm not sure what the fix is.

WG tends to totally ignore crew skills and WN8 (or whatever) in the MM, they just look at type of tank and tier and call that MM oh and some kind of RNG to "randomize".. Really is that Play to Win??

And yes, cheats do not fix any of this, but they just level some of it a bit. And yes I do use Solo, but really just for the crew return and marking dead tanks white.

Dude - mods are not the answer to poor gameplay - just suck it up and recognize you just need to slog it out like the rest of us and get better crew.  How is your proposal to allow these mods fair to those who have slogged it out and gotten better crew?  Also, if all these more experienced players ran your mods they would still "seal club" you.

You do have a point about matchmaking via win8 rates or something like that... that would go a long way towards solving this problem

DOG1_sniper #88 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 16:06

Private

• -Players-
  • 32609 battles
  • [WLSON] WLSON

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Apr 25 2019 - 15:47, said:

WG doesn't really care, they just want us to think that. Any game that allows third party game play mods isn't legit. 

Unfortunately, as painful as it is to say about the game I have loved for so long, I am tending to believe this, and my love for the game has been slowly and steadily diminishing.

grego34 #89 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 16:07

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 27125 battles

when you die and you type out the location to your team, isn't that cheating?? or any way to tell the team on what killed u.   no mod on that . just something wargaming never closed out when you die. 

black_colt #90 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 16:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 4287 battles

View PostLuckyStarr, on Apr 25 2019 - 06:35, said:

Sad to see the "nearest enemy indicator" mod go, that was the single most useful mod I ever tried, I can safely say this mod alone has boosted my performance and WR by a couple notches. Since it didn't provide any information that you couldn't obtain otherwise, I don't see why it needs to be removed. With this mod removed, good players will get better and bad players will get worse.

I am of the same opinion as I liked the indicator as it helped me balance looking between the battlefield and the mini-map - e.g. when it popped up I immediately looked at the mini-map.

Trying to keep an eye on the mini-map but having it in the lower right-corner is difficult for me.  Perhaps there could be a sanctioned mod that allows players to move the mini-map to a different corner - e.g. the top-left which works great for me.

Not sure I share your opining that [... bad players will get worse.] as I can see that the mod could be considered a [crutch] ...

Edited by black_colt, Apr 25 2019 - 16:44.

PanzerAbteilung502 #91 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 16:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6784 battles

Yeah! sure ...... banned ......

South American server is a nest of cheaters

RommelcaustRadio #92 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 20:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4050 battles
  • [NZI] NZI

View PostLuckyStarr, on Apr 25 2019 - 06:35, said:

View Postblack_colt, on Apr 25 2019 - 07:40, said:

I am of the same opinion as I liked the indicator as it helped me balance looking between the battlefield and the mini-map - e.g. when it popped up I immediately looked at the mini-map.

Trying to keep an eye on the mini-map but having it in the lower right-corner is difficult for me.  Perhaps there could be a sanctioned mod that allows players to move the mini-map to a different corner - e.g. the top-left which works great for me.

Not sure I share your opining that [... bad players will get worse.] as I can see that the mod could be considered a [crutch] ...

It was essentially not-as-effective sixth sense. It's been a while but if I remember right some of its settings/toggles allowed you to limit it to vehicles that are within direct LoS, or limit it specifically to a low range which would give you an immediate lock on where the enemy is approaching you from. While a lot of players think sixth sense should be a feature, or dislike that this mod is now illegal it makes sense when WG offers you an in-game alternative that you are supposed to unlock through gameplay.

SquishySupreme #93 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 20:51

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3657 battles

View PostDOG1_sniper, on Apr 25 2019 - 16:00, said:

Dude - mods are not the answer to poor gameplay - just suck it up and recognize you just need to slog it out like the rest of us and get better crew.  How is your proposal to allow these mods fair to those who have slogged it out and gotten better crew?  Also, if all these more experienced players ran your mods they would still "seal club" you.

You do have a point about matchmaking via win8 rates or something like that... that would go a long way towards solving this problem

"I want it NOW!!!"
(queue Oompa Loompa music)

I have never used a cheat in any game or mods, because those times when I do punk the enemy team running a plain vanilla client are worth the hours of grinding and learning.    The grind for skills and equipment is part OF a tactical game.  Even Call of Duty and Battlefield have skill levels and upgrade paths. 

Jambijon #94 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 21:28

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3681 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

From what I've read, I think some of you are missing the point of some of the mods listed.

1. Showing the directions the guns are facing.

- The argument is that you could find that out with line of sight.  However, this shows every gun direction even if they are out of your line of sight which is an advantage.  This one is often coupled with a "laser pointer" mod.

2. Displaying arrows of closest opponents.

-  Showing the distance to an enemy relative where you are without having to look for them.

3. Marking enemies that are beyond render/draw distance:

-  This is the one that keeps coming up.  This mod plants an indicator right on the enemy tank thats outside of your render range, showing you exactly where to shoot without looking at the map.  Not on the map, in your sights.  

Topic locked.

CabbageMechanic #95 Posted May 29 2019 - 21:22

Senior Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 9352 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
Hey Tankers, 

This is your final reminder that these changes are coming into effect this weekend.  If you are using any of the mods detailed by this OP/Aritcle, remove them now.

Thanks, 

CM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users