Complaints

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

snailcrusher #1 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:49

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3306 battles

Hi Everyone,

When right clicking on a players name on the team score, you can make a complaint for poor sportsmanship.

There is a counter 10/10.  What happens when it gets to 0/10?  

Also when you hit blacklist, what happens?  How are they blacklisted?

Thank You    

PTwr #2 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:51

Major

• Players
  • 45482 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

You get 10 per day, tomorrow you will get fresh 10/10.

Blacklist just mutes people for you, including ping spam, private messages, general chat and battle chat.

Plays_With_Matches #3 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:53

Major

• Players
  • 29734 battles
  • [K-H] K-H
You only get 10 complains per day. And when you blacklist someone they are no longer able to message you and they will also be identified in battle with a small marker next to their name if you happen to end up in the same battle. It also blocks the in battle chat.

Panzerkind #4 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 16:54

Major

• Players
  • 36181 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View Postsnailcrusher, on Apr 24 2019 - 09:49, said:

When right clicking on a players name on the team score, you can make a complaint for poor sportsmanship. 

You must be new here

Devildog8 #5 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 17:52

Major

• Players
  • 11075 battles
  • [XILES] XILES

View Postsnailcrusher, on Apr 24 2019 - 09:49, said:

Hi Everyone,

There is a counter 10/10.  What happens when it gets to 0/10?  

Also when you hit blacklist, what happens?  How are they blacklisted?

Thank You    

You seem like a guy who complains a lot, 10 complaints a day is not enough? ill be lucky if I use 10 a year

DomoSapien #6 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 18:00

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14845 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
The complaint system operates on a threshold. If a player breaks the rules, you're welcome to use the complaint system but the best thing you can do is Submit a Ticket to our Customer Support team with a replay of the battle attached.

That will guarantee that a representative reviews your replay and issues sanctions for any violations found.

YANKEE137 #7 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 18:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 13992 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

Thisvidshows you how to find that replay:

BabA_YA6A #8 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 18:59

Captain

• Players
  • 26408 battles
  • [KOZAK] KOZAK

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 25 2019 - 01:00, said:

The complaint system operates on a threshold. If a player breaks the rules, you're welcome to use the complaint system but the best thing you can do is Submit a Ticket to our Customer Support team with a replay of the battle attached.

That will guarantee that a representative reviews your replay and issues sanctions for any violations found.

the best thing you can do is Submit a Ticket to our Customer Support team with a replay of the battle attached.... Been there and done that exercise numerous times.

The pretty much similar copy paste reply I got from different customer representatives was "That could not assist me with an in game complaint and I should on future issues please use the ingame reporting system"!

snailcrusher #9 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 21:28

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3306 battles

Hi Everyone,

I did not say that I file ten complaints in a day. 

I have only filed four since I joined in November.

I was asking what happens when a player receives 10 complaints and what is blacklisting.

On two occasions, I was shot in the back by other players immediately after spawn for no reason.  Perhaps by new players who were too trigger happy.

Another time I was shot by a player who thought I was in his way.

A fourth time I was crashed into by a player.  He blindsided me and smashed me up against a wall and totally destroyed me within the first three minutes.

I don't play at home, but at a game room.  So downloading and uploading a video is not that easy.

Thank You 

_EXO #10 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 22:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9930 battles
  • [W0LF-] W0LF-

I'm not sure anything happens to anyone when you use the ingame complain option, which is probably why people dont bother using it. I'd be interested in knowing if anything actually happens when you complain.

Herschel_Krustofski #11 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 13:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 94216 battles
  • [KISS] KISS

Occasionally... A while back when KISS was an active clan, A clammate got this:

You are receiving this email because you were found to be engaging in Game Violation.

Specifically, you were observed using physics abuse as seen from the replay sent by a concerned player.

This is a violation of our rules and if it happens again your account will be sanctioned.

For more information on our rules violation policy, check out these articles:
[WOT Game Rules](http://forum.worldof...nks-game-rules/)
[WOT New RV FAQ](https://na.wargaming...t/articles/509/)

Sincerely,

Wargaming Customer Support

MiddleAgedNoob #12 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 13:13

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18138 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

View Postsnailcrusher, on Apr 24 2019 - 15:28, said:

Hi Everyone,

I did not say that I file ten complaints in a day. 

I have only filed four since I joined in November.

I was asking what happens when a player receives 10 complaints and what is blacklisting.

On two occasions, I was shot in the back by other players immediately after spawn for no reason.  Perhaps by new players who were too trigger happy.

Another time I was shot by a player who thought I was in his way.

A fourth time I was crashed into by a player.  He blindsided me and smashed me up against a wall and totally destroyed me within the first three minutes.

I don't play at home, but at a game room.  So downloading and uploading a video is not that easy.

Thank You 

On being shot immediately after spawn, I see a lot of shots being fired at spawn, particularly in low tier matches.  Some attribute it to inexperienced players in low tier matches, for some it seems to be some kind of tradition.  I've seen some players claim that their first shot always misses, so they want to get it out of the way.  Not much you can do about it, and team damage is supposed to be dealt with by the in game team damage system, so there is little point in reporting it.  Same goes for being shot by a team mate, the in game team damage system is supposed to take care of it.  The theory is that if a player is prone to doing team damage, the system will catch on and eventually punish him or her, depending on the frequency and amount of damage.  Intentional team kills are meant to be punished almost immediately.

As for being pushed by another vehicle, this is called 'physics abuse' and you report it by filing a ticket with a replay file attached.  This is investigated by a person.  You should get a response to your ticket stating that the incident is being investigated, but you will never know what action, if any, is taken.

The complaint system - unsportsmanlike behaviour, inaction/bot etc - works on a reputation system.  If a player is regularly complained about by other players, WG should eventually investigate.  You won't see anything happen, and you don't know if anything ever will happen, but that is what is how it is supposed to work.  That said, I once had the same toxic and unsporting player in consecutive games and I was able to organize a simultaneous complaint by my entire team.  It seemed to me that, at the end of the game (which we won) his vehicle disappeared from the map and his name from the team list, so perhaps something happened.

BTW, on playing in a games room versus at home, if cost is the factor, there are threads on putting together low cost WoT capable rigs.  WoT is not a demanding game and almost anything with even a pretty dated discrete graphics card will run it in an acceptable manner.  I used to play on a refurb office computer that came with Windows 7 preinstalled.  With a basic Radeon card, it worked fine.

GLHF

JennaKillz #13 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 14:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12264 battles
  • [H_F] H_F

I got sanctioned for my name, so I changed it.

Got sanctioned for using the words idiot and [edited], so now I use the word muppet.

Good luck, have fun and kill the REDS !

JennaKillz #14 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 14:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12264 battles
  • [H_F] H_F

LoL auto-edited

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users