WG, fix this game already

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Varathius #1 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 18:08

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12030 battles
Besides the obvious facts that making good maps does not exist in your dictionary, you pretty much removed mediocre maps, surely kept the crap maps, and added the worst possible maps in WG history, but this is not even what bothers me most. What bothers me most is why the heck I start a game and scout for my team, my engine gets busted, and the engine-repair click is unresponsive. What the hell is this crap ? Plenty others have reported this. Fix this already, people support you financially not to make crap maps, but you keep pumping those in snails paste intervals, people pay you to play a game without bugs, is that too much to ask for? Can we have responsive fire extinguishers, repair kits etc please? Plenty reported this issue. Fix this already.

YANKEE137 #2 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 18:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 12937 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

you keep pumping those in snails paste 

Eeeeew.

alphadogg64 #3 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 18:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1163 battles
  • [LOLTR] LOLTR

View PostVarathius, on Apr 24 2019 - 17:08, said:

Besides the obvious facts that making good maps does not exist in your dictionary

Not true. Once upon a time many many years ago WG made Redshire. 

heavymetal1967 #4 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 18:18

Major

• Players
  • 69765 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostVarathius, on Apr 24 2019 - 13:08, said:

Besides the obvious facts that making good maps does not exist in your dictionary, you pretty much removed mediocre maps, surely kept the crap maps, and added the worst possible maps in WG history, but this is not even what bothers me most. What bothers me most is why the heck I start a game and scout for my team, my engine gets busted, and the engine-repair click is unresponsive. What the hell is this crap ? Plenty others have reported this. Fix this already, people support you financially not to make crap maps, but you keep pumping those in snails paste intervals, people pay you to play a game without bugs, is that too much to ask for? Can we have responsive fire extinguishers, repair kits etc please? Plenty reported this issue. Fix this already.

Seems to be related to alt-tabbing in and out.

During battle try hitting escape twice.  The frist will bring up the exit/return to battle screen.  Hit escape again to exit the menu and return to battle.  That should fix it.

Also atl-tabbing a few times can fix it if that doesn't, but the above works for me.

Good luck.

Garandster #5 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 18:20

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5348 battles
Maps are subject to a certain degree of personal preference when it comes to calling them good or bad and sometimes it comes down to the class you are playing too. Never run into the repair kit issue, so can't comment on it.

Ortinoth_ #6 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 18:25

Captain

• Players
  • 26764 battles
And his rant is about what? corridor maps? or something else? can't understand gibberish

I_QQ_4_U #7 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 18:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 21294 battles
Have you ever played other games? In comparison this one IS almost bug free.

DomoSapien #8 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 18:34

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14457 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Something to note about map design: in virtually every Map Guide or map-related thread, you get a virtual sea of dissenting feedback.

You've got the "Field of Death" camp that believes the ultimate evil to be large, open spaces that TD's can lurk behind and fire without getting spotted.

You've also got the "Every map is a corridor map" camp that finds lanes in any possible map configuration.
You've got the arty, Redline TD, and Light Tank players that hate city maps.

You've got the HT and Assault TD mains that hate open maps like Prokhorovka. (Prok used to be my most hated map, now it's one of my favorites because I prefer playing mediums nowadays)

There are also removed maps that objectively sucked, but were favorites to some players for one reason or another, like Port, Sacred Valley, and Dragon Ridge.

We also have a limited number of developers, who are working on various projects. Maps are critically important to you, but to other players, Ammo Rebalance, MM Fixes, and Vehicle Rebalance is critically important. Balancing is, at the moment, our utmost priority. We've been heralding these fixes for quite some time as a light at the end of the tunnel, so it's important to make good on that promise.

alphadogg64 #9 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 18:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1163 battles
  • [LOLTR] LOLTR

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 24 2019 - 17:34, said:

Something to note about map design: in virtually every Map Guide or map-related thread, you get a virtual sea of dissenting feedback.

You've got the "Field of Death" camp that believes the ultimate evil to be large, open spaces that TD's can lurk behind and fire without getting spotted.

You've also got the "Every map is a corridor map" camp that finds lanes in any possible map configuration.

You've got the HT and Assault TD mains that hate open maps like Prokhorovka. (Prok used to be my most hated map, now it's one of my favorites because I prefer playing mediums nowadays)

There are also removed maps that objectively sucked, but were favorites to some players for one reason or another, like Port, Sacred Valley, and Dragon Ridge.

We also have a limited number of developers, who are working on various projects. Maps are critically important to you, but to other players, Ammo Rebalance, MM Fixes, and Vehicle Rebalance is critically important. Balancing is, at the moment, our utmost priority. We've been heralding these fixes for quite some time as a light at the end of the tunnel, so it's important to make good on that promise.

Honestly, I think you missed the entire point of his post. 

Address the apparent bug that OP is facing regarding not being able to repair his engine instead of going on a big spiel about maps and how some people like these maps and some people don't. 

XturbohawkX #10 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 18:40

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24667 battles
  • [WARHK] WARHK

There should be more maps than anyone can keep track of. Windswept...what a beauty and never coming back?

A NEW map per update would be a great schedule!

DomoSapien #11 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 18:44

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14457 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postalphadogg64, on Apr 24 2019 - 11:39, said:

Honestly, I think you missed the entire point of his post. 

Address the apparent bug that OP is facing regarding not being able to repair his engine instead of going on a big spiel about maps and how some people like these maps and some people don't. 

You're right, I totally missed that.
I haven't experienced the bug myself, have you filed a bug report with our Customer Support team? Are you running any mods? Is it just your engine that can't be repaired?

Insanefriend #12 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 19:14

Captain

• Players
  • 43437 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 24 2019 - 11:44, said:

I haven't experienced the bug myself, have you filed a bug report with our Customer Support team? Are you running any mods? Is it just your engine that can't be repaired?

This is a odd bug, I've had it happen once or twice but not enough that you can pin point what is going on.  Basically what happens is the number keys don't work in game, meaning you can't use them to activate any consumables.  Almost like the key strokes are not making it to the game client, tabbing in and out of the game seems to fix it randomly.  I've had it and I run no mods with the only back ground program running is discord for voice chat.  So I thought it might have something to do with the discord overlay.  But I've seen a few people mention having the same problem on the forum and they don't run Discord.

owlgator #13 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 19:17

Captain

• Players
  • 15293 battles
  • [W--W] W--W

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 24 2019 - 11:44, said:

Respect the honesty.

As to the bug - reading someone provide a work around doesn't solve the problem, though it does corroborate the issue.

mbrolin #14 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 19:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32835 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 24 2019 - 17:34, said:

Maybe, but I think if the player base was surveyed, I believe maps and map improvement would lead in what needs the most attention head and shoulders above the rest. I think it would help WG more to do in game surveys to get a real idea what the majority of the player base wants. Every once in a while they do, but they are usually so vague or just one question, they don'[t seem to insightful. Plus if they do an in game survey, they should post the results so they can say they are doing what the player base says and cover their butts if the base complains about it.

Oh, and the what is one the forums, isn't the voice of the whole player base. Only a small number come to the forums. 

Edited by mbrolin, Apr 24 2019 - 19:26.

DomoSapien #15 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 19:43

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14457 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostInsanefriend, on Apr 24 2019 - 12:14, said:

This is a odd bug, I've had it happen once or twice but not enough that you can pin point what is going on.  Basically what happens is the number keys don't work in game, meaning you can't use them to activate any consumables.  Almost like the key strokes are not making it to the game client, tabbing in and out of the game seems to fix it randomly.  I've had it and I run no mods with the only back ground program running is discord for voice chat.  So I thought it might have something to do with the discord overlay.  But I've seen a few people mention having the same problem on the forum and they don't run Discord.

Interesting. I'm sure some tickets have been filed already, so it's up to you, but submitting a ticket with a replay next time you run into the issue definitely couldn't hurt, just in case.

I run Discord (albeit with the overlay disabled) and haven't ever run into the issue. So that probably isn't the culprit.

View Postowlgator, on Apr 24 2019 - 12:17, said:

Respect the honesty.

As to the bug - reading someone provide a work around doesn't solve the problem, though it does corroborate the issue.

Well from what insanefriend described, sounds like an issue that doesn't really have a workaround outside of waiting for the battle to end. We'd definitely like to identify what's causing the issue and fix it asap.

View Postmbrolin, on Apr 24 2019 - 12:25, said:

Maybe, but I think if the player base was surveyed, I believe maps and map improvement would lead in what needs the most attention head and shoulders above the rest. I think it would help WG more to do in game surveys to get a real idea what the majority of the player base wants. Every once in a while they do, but they are usually so vague or just one question, they don'[t seem to insightful. Plus if they do an in game survey, they should post the results so they can say they are doing what the player base says and cover their butts if the base complains about it.

Oh, and the what is one the forums, isn't the voice of the whole player base. Only a small number come to the forums. 

We've actually been running quite a few in-game surveys lately. Although I believe they are typically sent out to randomly-selected groups of players in an effort to gather a statistically-significant sample.

So I wouldn't be surprised to receive a Map Survey at some point in the not-so-distant future as well. I'm having trouble finding the thread on reddit, but Private_Public ran a survey on the WoT Subreddit and broke the findings down by region. There is quite a bit of variation as far as map sentiment between regions as well.

jsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1 #16 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 19:46

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3892 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 24 2019 - 19:43, said:

Interesting. I'm sure some tickets have been filed already, so it's up to you, but submitting a ticket with a replay next time you run into the issue definitely couldn't hurt, just in case.

I run Discord (albeit with the overlay disabled) and haven't ever run into the issue. So that probably isn't the culprit.

Well from what insanefriend described, sounds like an issue that doesn't really have a workaround outside of waiting for the battle to end. We'd definitely like to identify what's causing the issue and fix it asap.

We've actually been running quite a few in-game surveys lately. Although I believe they are typically sent out to randomly-selected groups of players in an effort to gather a statistically-significant sample.

So I wouldn't be surprised to receive a Map Survey at some point in the not-so-distant future as well. I'm having trouble finding the thread on reddit, but Private_Public ran a survey on the WoT Subreddit and broke the findings down by region. There is quite a bit of variation as far as map sentiment between regions as well.

as thousands of RU players have told you atop the thousands of NA players

we can tell you anything, we can fill out 1000 surveys. at the end, you will do whatever you damn want to do regardless. thats how your employer operates. you shouldnt lie on their behalf because you are not in any way significant to them either! 

no region likes 

paris

studzianki

minsk

pilsen

ghosttown

regional variation exists on

empires border

overlord

mines

ensk

Edited by jsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1, Apr 24 2019 - 19:48.

Projectile_Misfired #17 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 19:50

Major

• Players
  • 37248 battles

View PostVarathius, on Apr 24 2019 - 17:08, said:

Does this happen every game? Not the engine getting busted, but Repair Kits, and such, not working. 

If it only happens now-and-then, are there any circumstances common to when you notice it, such as Tank Type, Tier, Premium/Normal tank, Maps, game type(Standard, Encounter, etc.), etc.? Giving Customer Support this type of information when you open a ticket can help WG better isolate the possible cause(s) of the issue. And, it will enable them to fix it faster.

Also, are you running any mods? If so, which ones and have you tried playing in Safe Mode?

spud_tuber #18 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 20:05

Major

• Players
  • 56416 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 24 2019 - 12:43, said:

Pretty sure the bug being encountered is the long known issue of the alt, shift, or ctrl key getting stuck in the "key_pressed" condition rather than WoT properly noting a "key_released" event.  At this point it is over a year old.  Usually, though not always, spamming alt-tab or esc is an effective workaround.   Whichever one + enter switches between fullscreen, windowed, and windowed borderless can also be an unexpected surprise. 

YANKEE137 #19 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 20:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 12937 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Apropos of nothing I'd like to say that I miss the old Windstorm map and I think an embiggened version would be nice to have. I think it was the drowningest of the old maps, more than classic Ehrlenberg or the Lakeville road.

Varathius #20 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 20:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12030 battles
Actually, in World of Warships they have an amazing map, it is called "Ocean". Not much to do wrong there, but they rarely use it these days.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users