Head to Head: Progetto M35 Mod 6 Versus Lansen C

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Nonamanadus #1 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 21:21

Major

• Players
  • 31021 battles
  • [HBG] HBG

I love my little Italian premium but the Lansen C seems to be a bit more of a fighter (get some pretty good bounces off the turret). 

Looking at WOT Assistant the numbers are running pretty close to each other, I was wondering about other people's opinion on the comparison of the two tanks for performance.

Atragon #2 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 21:22

Major

• Players
  • 42433 battles
Time for a Lansen C Marathon.

JakeTheMystic #3 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 21:40

Major

• Players
  • 23946 battles
  • [CUBE] CUBE

I made dis 

GAJohnnie #4 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 21:41

Major

• Players
  • 10317 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostNonamanadus, on Apr 24 2019 - 15:21, said:

I love my little Italian premium but the Lansen C seems to be a bit more of a fighter (get some pretty good bounces off the turret). 

Looking at WOT Assistant the numbers are running pretty close to each other, I was wondering about other people's opinion on the comparison of the two tanks for performance.

Funny thing is based on the armor profile the Prog should be bouncing more then the Lansen

https://tanks.gg/com...o-46?t=lansen-c

I think the advantage lies with the Lansen because of the alpha. By the time you get to teir 8 most players know enough to get out of sight before the Prog can dump the clip. I like autoloaders but that long reload takes some effort to get use too. . So many times you see a nice fat target that gets under cover while you ware waiting for the reload to finish.

coconut2011 #5 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 22:24

Captain

• Players
  • 60557 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

Progetto is simply better than Lansen C.

https://tanks.gg/compare/lansen-c?t=progetto-46~centurion-51

The gun handling of Progetto allows it to hit at mid / long distance at ease.  The clip allows it to fight in close combat very effectively.

For soft armored tank like Progetto and Lansen, they play mostly support roles in early / mid games.  As the result, most shots would be opportunity shots.  While bigger alpha has advantages, better gun handling + quick intra-clip reload often allows Progetto putting out at least two shots before enemies could react.  With Progetto, if the first shot only tracks the opponent, it is not necessarily bad thing, since it simply allows you to put two more shots more easily.  Even better is when the opponent used the repair kit and only to be immediately tracked again.  In late games, 720 clip damage is a major threat to any low HP tanks.

Simply put, Progetto is a tank that maximizes opportunities.  IMO, it is the best tier 8 medium, while Lansen C is just another tier 8 med that easily gets lost in the pack.  In fact, I'd rather play Centurion RAAC which has a really good turret armor than Lansen C.  The lower view range of Lansen C also does not allow it to do well in higher tie games.

PTwr #6 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 22:31

Major

• Players
  • 44323 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

Have both, played both.

Progetto, as you probably well know, rules Frontline, but in Random Battles short range and evil MM its not as effective as its gun would suggest. Italian autoloader shines in long battles, in typical short random battle its DPM and Alpha is too low, and clipping out is very situational. Of course if you run it in platoon you can abuse its clip much more, either by running in in triplet or using russin hover tanks as shield.

Lansen, on other hand, have no place in Frontline but its high alpha is much more suited to your typical brain dead Random battles. Its long range gun handling is average, which makes it bad on open areas of Frontline and in urban zones you can just run HT for even more alpha.

Frontline: Progetto, don't bother with Lansen unless you want to train crew.

Solo Random Battles: Lansen. Alpha is king as it leads to lower exposure time and can scare pubbie away.

Platoon Random Battles: Progetto.

Gun handling: Progetto > Lansen

Mobility: both are great

Armor: Both have none, and only bounce hasty snap shots or by plain luck.

Captram77 #7 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 23:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9791 battles
Actually L.C. does good in Frontline,  for the things that make it a good tank, good gun depression and speed. Maybe some people are just not good using them.

YANKEE137 #8 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 00:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 12937 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

Who makes the best meatballs ? Sweden or Italy ?

oldewolfe #9 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 00:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 21561 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

Italian Meatballs tend to Hit what you Throw them at, and any good Italian will tell you that Can, and Will, be Lethal.....       Unlike Swedish Golfballs, most Italian Meatballs are the size of Basballs....       

Both are Tastey however.....

I just find the Gun Handling on the Lansen Sketchy unlike the Prog....      First couple Games the thing actually Hit what I shot at, but ever Since even Aimed Shots were in a whole other Time Zone, let alone Zip Code....     I do like the Mobility of tha Lansen though, it Scoots almost as well as most Lights....

Atragon #10 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 11:53

Major

• Players
  • 42433 battles
Lansen is a nice tank and its just an enhanced LEO at tier 8. I love the LEO as it smacks hard and the Lansen follows in its foot prints.

Waylandie #11 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 13:37

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15605 battles
  • [XXII] XXII
I have both, and hands down I like the Lansen better.  The gun depression lets you get bounces you normally wouldn't in other tanks.  As for frontlines, I have used both and they both perform well, I prefer the lansen for defense and the prog for offense. 

That1Villain #12 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 13:52

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 24816 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA
Both are honestly pretty good tanks, they somewhat share roles but differ on how they deliver it, progetto shines when you have time to play the game out and work your way through the map, lansen shines more at a bit of a distance and can put the pain on tanks that are feeling brave

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users