So enemy aiming at you Mod is still legal ? Purple Arrow

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Atragon #1 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 11:33

Major

• Players
  • 43969 battles
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G

The fair play policy states that the mod showing nearest tanks (green and orange arrows) is illegal. But there is a mod that shows if a tank is aiming at you (purple arrow). The fair play policy doesn't reference this mod specifically and needs to to erase any ambiguity.

What is the Enemy Pointing at you mod?

The enemy pointing at you mod will display a purple arrow in the direction of an enemy thats pointing or aiming at you. Have you ever aimed at an enemy not looking at you and suddenly that enemy ducks to cover real fast and you are scratching you head on how did he know you are aiming at him so fast as he wasn't even looking at you and probably already spotted? Well that player was probably using the aiming mod showing the purple arrow.

There are mods that combine the green, orange, and purple arrows but there is a separate mod that has only the purple arrow (aiming at you). The Fair Policy only references the orange and green arrows (closest tanks) and not the purple arrow (enemy aiming at you).

​I understand this is getting quite technical but needs to be cleared up by WG to remove any ambiguity

Edited by Atragon, Apr 25 2019 - 11:38.

_Tsavo_ #2 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 12:23

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 46482 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

Sounds like it shouldn't be permissible, it's shady and dances all over the gray area,  which a lot of the mods on the mod hub do.

Gbert #3 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 12:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 37020 battles
  • [ARON] ARON

Shady? Ambiguity? Hell no!

This is the definition of an unfair cheat mod! How the hell could it even be a question????? If a mod gives you and advantage, then it is illigeal. My jaw dropped when I saw this, and I am in disbelief that there is even a question if this is fair. It does not need to be added to any list and if wg catches anyone using it then they better be banned.

Also, I read the part about the auto message about the "lorr hit me and is on bla bla reload time" I will be reporting any player I see using it.

34K games vanilla and it works just fine. Everybody thinks they have to have an edge. losers.

Atragon #4 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 12:44

Major

• Players
  • 43969 battles
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G

View PostGbert, on Apr 25 2019 - 06:32, said:

Shady? Ambiguity? Hell no!

This is the definition of an unfair cheat mod! How the hell could it even be a question????? If a mod gives you and advantage, then it is illigeal. My jaw dropped when I saw this, and I am in disbelief that there is even a question if this is fair. It does not need to be added to any list and if wg catches anyone using it then they better be banned.

Also, I read the part about the auto message about the "lorr hit me and is on bla bla reload time" I will be reporting any player I see using it.

34K games vanilla and it works just fine. Everybody thinks they have to have an edge. losers.

Im glad you think this way and enhances the notion WG has to remove this ambiguity and include the purple arrow mod. WG probably doesn't know the mod was split from the main mod  (containing all 3 color arrows)  creating a purple arrow only mod.

venom286 #5 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 12:52

Captain

• Players
  • 43458 battles
didnt know that mod was still around i remember like three years ago you had all the people spotted with those arrows and they told you if he could hit you or not if you where running aslains three years ago it would be warpack today lol funny how its changed buts thats fine with me not running anymods at the moment have not been for a while although think i might put the gold and free xp locker on and the uh tech tree vertical one so i dont have scroll over on some nations 

Ortinoth_ #6 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 13:00

Captain

• Players
  • 27236 battles
  • [SEGA] SEGA
If you have any doubts on a mod best is not to install it

Atragon #7 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 13:11

Major

• Players
  • 43969 battles
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G

Took me a while to find it.

So there is a Direction Box Full by Lporti showing all 3 color arrows and the is a Direction Box Simple by Lporti that has only the purple arrow. 

The Fair Play Policy only shows the green and orange that IMO are not too advantageous but the purple arrow mod IMO is OP and the mod that should be highlighted as forbidden.

FrozenKemp #8 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 13:17

Major

• Players
  • 53751 battles
  • [8ARMY] 8ARMY

Does this arrow actually show the direction to the tank targeting you?  

Anyway if gun barrel direction indicators are illegal I'm pretty effing sure this should be illegal too. 

Atragon #9 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 13:29

Major

• Players
  • 43969 battles
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G

View PostFrozenKemp, on Apr 25 2019 - 07:17, said:

Does this arrow actually show the direction to the tank targeting you?  

Anyway if gun barrel direction indicators are illegal I'm pretty effing sure this should be illegal too. 

yes to that

NeatoMan #10 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 13:58

Major

• Players
  • 28198 battles

seems like a variation of the laser pointer mod which is illegal.  

I have used that to my advantage against noobs I suspected of using that mod.  I kept an IS7 pinned behind a rock with my Panther 2 for half the game because every time he went to poke out I pointed my gun at him and he would scurry back behind his rock.  He could have easily pasted me, but being too reliant on that mod, he was frozen into inaction.   I got almost no damage that game, however I was able to neutralize their tier X tier HT in one of the worst tier 8 MTs.

Cowcat137 #11 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 14:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 14193 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Hmm. I've run into the situation where I'm aiming at a corner where a tank has been peeking, only to have said tank stay in cover.  As soon as I turn away-out he pops.

bad_73 #12 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 14:13

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1527 battles

View Post_Tsavo_, on Apr 25 2019 - 12:23, said:

Sounds like it shouldn't be permissible, it's shady and dances all over the gray area,  which a lot of the mods on the mod hub do.

And yet we see twitch streamers using it ,even unicoms,tho so far they are all women.Complained about it here and got warning.You see it in use all the time tho,when a player just wont peep at you as long as your pointed at them.Its a major peeve to me that wg allows this crap and they will never get my respect..

BlackAngelCom #13 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 16:02

Captain

• Players
  • 9540 battles

This is the same thing as laser pointer and the minimap aiming, just a different graphic. It's all derived from using calculations not available in the vanilla client to track where the gun is pointing. 

mlinke #14 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 16:03

Captain

• Players
  • 53246 battles
  • [FIXX] FIXX
Illegal. Ban him now.

The_Next_Penetration #15 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 16:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 48972 battles
  • [DD214] DD214
Sounds like a mod that should be illegal. Ban all mods, done. I know some people use convenience or aesthetic mods but losing those is a small price to pay for a better game for everyone.

Atragon #16 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 16:08

Major

• Players
  • 43969 battles
  • [A-O-G] A-O-G

View PostYANKEE137, on Apr 25 2019 - 08:11, said:

Hmm. I've run into the situation where I'm aiming at a corner where a tank has been peeking, only to have said tank stay in cover.  As soon as I turn away-out he pops.

The direction box is line of sight only. Once the tank is in cover, the purple arrow disappears. Laser pointers are different and the direction arrows on minimap are different as they are mostly active always but I think one has an option for aiming only.

Caketime #17 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 16:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2064 battles
  • [-H-H] -H-H

View PostAtragon, on Apr 25 2019 - 11:33, said:

The fair play policy states that the mod showing nearest tanks (green and orange arrows) is illegal. But there is a mod that shows if a tank is aiming at you (purple arrow). The fair play policy doesn't reference this mod specifically and needs to to erase any ambiguity.

What is the Enemy Pointing at you mod?

The enemy pointing at you mod will display a purple arrow in the direction of an enemy thats pointing or aiming at you. Have you ever aimed at an enemy not looking at you and suddenly that enemy ducks to cover real fast and you are scratching you head on how did he know you are aiming at him so fast as he wasn't even looking at you and probably already spotted? Well that player was probably using the aiming mod showing the purple arrow.

There are mods that combine the green, orange, and purple arrows but there is a separate mod that has only the purple arrow (aiming at you). The Fair Policy only references the orange and green arrows (closest tanks) and not the purple arrow (enemy aiming at you).

​I understand this is getting quite technical but needs to be cleared up by WG to remove any ambiguity

I was wondering about this, I've noticed many times that tanks will duck out of the way real quick and dive into cover when I'm aiming at them. Some of it I would chalk up to good evasive maneuvering, but other instances are sketchy, like when they're looking the other way and I'm doing my best impression of a shrub.

nuclearguy931 #18 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 16:25

Major

• Players
  • 82407 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View PostYANKEE137, on Apr 25 2019 - 08:11, said:

Yes, I have seen this many times.

Tao_Te_Tomato #19 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 16:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 27742 battles
  • [TER] TER

View PostYANKEE137, on Apr 25 2019 - 14:11, said:

Ditto.  Not surprised to find out it's a different mod - I always thought it was just the "gun direction" one that'll be banned.

ThePigSheFlies #20 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 16:33

Major

• Players
  • 76784 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostCaketime, on Apr 25 2019 - 10:21, said:

I was wondering about this, I've noticed many times that tanks will duck out of the way real quick and dive into cover when I'm aiming at them. Some of it I would chalk up to good evasive maneuvering, but other instances are sketchy, like when they're looking the other way and I'm doing my best impression of a shrub.

watch some of the best players stream - most pure vanilla.  it is not difficult to have your gun aimed in one direction, and watch in a different direction using 3rd person view, and locking the turret.

that being said, I agree, the mod in question should be included as forbidden, if wargaming itemized the other two arrow colors as forbidden in my humble and worthless opinion.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users