So enemy aiming at you Mod is still legal ? Purple Arrow

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

QuicksilverJPR #21 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 16:40

Major

• Players
  • 27894 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

Just because it is not specifically mentioned doesn't mean that it's kosher.

It should be banned, and be a bannable offense to use such a mod.

F0R_M07H3R_RU5514 #22 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 16:43

Major

• Players
  • 52187 battles
  • [ALERT] ALERT
Candidly, at some point, zoom out is going to have to be added to the list.  I can zoom out to 500m overhead and get insight to gun direction, etc. for just about every spotted enemy on a given flank.  I can also zoom out when pushing a flank and from this top-down view (think artillery) can see enemy tanks disturbing rubble, trees and bushes, long before they're at risk of being spotted.  This isn't the mini-map cheat, it's simply zooming out to an overhead view and watching for 'stuff'.

Knight44 #23 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 16:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 5329 battles
  • [ROTM] ROTM

This is disgusting. I'm not very good (old and slow), but didn't even know these mods that show gun direction on tanks, and arrows for nearby and any tank pointing at you existed. Obviously is used  by many many players coming to the forum saying how helpful these are and upset about them being removed. I too have seen over and over the tanks that stay behind cover until I'm not pointing at them. 

Makes me disgusted, don't even want to play the game now. Unicums: "There is no cheating in WOT, take off  your tinfoil hat". Unicums After Yesterday "I'm very upset that you are removing my cheats".

Hypocrisy, entitlement and arrogance looks like a dominate mind set for most in this game. Sad.

Caketime #24 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 16:50

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2064 battles
  • [-H-H] -H-H

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Apr 25 2019 - 16:33, said:

watch some of the best players stream - most pure vanilla.  it is not difficult to have your gun aimed in one direction, and watch in a different direction using 3rd person view, and locking the turret.

that being said, I agree, the mod in question should be included as forbidden, if wargaming itemized the other two arrow colors as forbidden in my humble and worthless opinion.

Like I said, I attribute some of it to good evasive maneuvering. I've gotten used to keeping my turret locked while driving and looking around, or while gazing at the minimap like it's a magic 8 ball.

QuicksilverJPR #25 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 16:51

Major

• Players
  • 27894 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostKnight44, on Apr 25 2019 - 10:45, said:

This is disgusting. I'm not very good (old and slow), but didn't even know these mods that show gun direction on tanks, and arrows for nearby and any tank pointing at you existed. Obviously is used  by many many players coming to the forum saying how helpful these are and upset about them being removed. I too have seen over and over the tanks that stay behind cover until I'm not pointing at them. 

Makes me disgusted, don't even want to play the game now. Unicums: "There is no cheating in WOT, take off  your tinfoil hat". Unicums After Yesterday "I'm very upset that you are removing my cheats".

Hypocrisy, entitlement and arrogance looks like a dominate mind set for most in this game. Sad.

Not a unicum, but I promise you that most tier 10 type unicums don't run mods in the first place.  They don't have to.

I run GUI/garage mods (like MOE extended, and some crew/voice mods).  Does that make me a cheater?

24_inch_pythons #26 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 16:52

Major

• Players
  • 30331 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostF0R_M07H3R_RU5514, on Apr 25 2019 - 09:43, said:

Candidly, at some point, zoom out is going to have to be added to the list.  I can zoom out to 500m overhead and get insight to gun direction, etc. for just about every spotted enemy on a given flank.  I can also zoom out when pushing a flank and from this top-down view (think artillery) can see enemy tanks disturbing rubble, trees and bushes, long before they're at risk of being spotted.  This isn't the mini-map cheat, it's simply zooming out to an overhead view and watching for 'stuff'.

Or add it, or some variant of it to the standard client. The standard zoom out is too restrictive, I think.

Knight44 #27 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 17:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 5329 battles
  • [ROTM] ROTM

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on Apr 25 2019 - 15:51, said:

Not a unicum, but I promise you that most tier 10 type unicums don't run mods in the first place.  They don't have to.

I run GUI/garage mods (like MOE extended, and some crew/voice mods).  Does that make me a cheater?

Reading comprehension:: "but didn't even know these mods that show gun direction on tanks, and arrows for nearby and any tank pointing at you existed." Did I mention garage or voice mods? And I was specifically referring to the people coming on the forum complaining about the removal of the mods I referenced above. So I amend my statement. Instead of "Unicoms" replace with "people coming on the forum complaining about the removal of the mods I referenced above". There, you are free and clear, and can breathe easily now that you know you were not a target of my post. Have as nice day.

black_colt #28 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 17:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 4460 battles

View PostAtragon, on Apr 25 2019 - 02:33, said:

The fair play policy states that the mod showing nearest tanks (green and orange arrows) is illegal. But there is a mod that shows if a tank is aiming at you (purple arrow). The fair play policy doesn't reference this mod specifically and needs to to erase any ambiguity.

What is the Enemy Pointing at you mod?

The enemy pointing at you mod will display a purple arrow in the direction of an enemy thats pointing or aiming at you. Have you ever aimed at an enemy not looking at you and suddenly that enemy ducks to cover real fast and you are scratching you head on how did he know you are aiming at him so fast as he wasn't even looking at you and probably already spotted? Well that player was probably using the aiming mod showing the purple arrow.

There are mods that combine the green, orange, and purple arrows but there is a separate mod that has only the purple arrow (aiming at you). The Fair Policy only references the orange and green arrows (closest tanks) and not the purple arrow (enemy aiming at you).

​I understand this is getting quite technical but needs to be cleared up by WG to remove any ambiguity

Ambiguity?   Not sure why you think that.

Why?

That mod currently will not subject you to sanction under the Fair Play Policy.  Using it on 1 June will subject you to sanction under the Fair Play Policy.

Also Wargaming has stated the following [underscore emphasis - mine]:

The Mod Hub is still the only place to download various mods officially approved by Wargaming, with worrying about policy violations. So if you are in doubt whether any modification is a cheat or not, just visit the Mod Hub to discover all the verified and newest mods for World of Tanks.

Edited by black_colt, Apr 25 2019 - 17:20.

QuicksilverJPR #29 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 17:32

Major

• Players
  • 27894 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostKnight44, on Apr 25 2019 - 11:03, said:

Reading comprehension:: "but didn't even know these mods that show gun direction on tanks, and arrows for nearby and any tank pointing at you existed." Did I mention garage or voice mods? And I was specifically referring to the people coming on the forum complaining about the removal of the mods I referenced above. So I amend my statement. Instead of "Unicoms" replace with "people coming on the forum complaining about the removal of the mods I referenced above". There, you are free and clear, and can breathe easily now that you know you were not a target of my post. Have as nice day.

My reading comprehension is just fine.  I was determining how far your definition of "cheater" went.  Case in point...

Some people think that using premium rounds is cheating.  Most of those same people don't think that using equipment like rammer/optics/VStab is cheating, however.

BlackAngelCom #30 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 17:36

Captain

• Players
  • 9540 battles

View PostKnight44, on Apr 25 2019 - 16:45, said:

More or less how I feel. Take all sorts of $&#! from Stats! people for having non-blue stats, see people with huge game counts and shiny stats howling en masse about how to do clean installs or if something like this is technically illegal. 

Trauglodyte #31 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 17:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 23747 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostAtragon, on Apr 25 2019 - 11:33, said:

The fair play policy states that the mod showing nearest tanks (green and orange arrows) is illegal. But there is a mod that shows if a tank is aiming at you (purple arrow). The fair play policy doesn't reference this mod specifically and needs to to erase any ambiguity.

The enemy pointing at you mod will display a purple arrow in the direction of an enemy thats pointing or aiming at you. Have you ever aimed at an enemy not looking at you and suddenly that enemy ducks to cover real fast and you are scratching you head on how did he know you are aiming at him so fast as he wasn't even looking at you and probably already spotted? Well that player was probably using the aiming mod showing the purple arrow.

There are mods that combine the green, orange, and purple arrows but there is a separate mod that has only the purple arrow (aiming at you). The Fair Policy only references the orange and green arrows (closest tanks) and not the purple arrow (enemy aiming at you).

​I understand this is getting quite technical but needs to be cleared up by WG to remove any ambiguity

Oddly enough, the mod that shows turret facing is legal, though.  But, one that tells you if you're getting aimed at isn't legal.  So strange!

commander42 #32 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 19:10

Major

• Players
  • 26906 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P
WG might not have been aware it was a separate mod, it definitely should be included in the banned list.

commander42 #33 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 19:12

Major

• Players
  • 26906 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View PostF0R_M07H3R_RU5514, on Apr 25 2019 - 10:43, said:

pretty sure it used to included on the illegal list.  At least til they went with the "fair play policy" and had one standard for all servers.  When the policy varied based on server it was illegal. For that reason you said, its a massive advantage.

the_Deadly_Bulb #34 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 20:17

Major

• Players
  • 28190 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Apr 25 2019 - 07:52, said:

Or add it, or some variant of it to the standard client. The standard zoom out is too restrictive, I think.

They did boost the zoom in considerably in the vanilla client due to the ultra zoom mods, so including the zoom out should have been a no brainer.

Crypticshock #35 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 20:41

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19424 battles
  • [TROBS] TROBS

If the purple is a part of the said mod - then as of June 1st it would be illegal as well.

• Displaying arrows to the closest opponents:

The image used is just an example of what the mod looks like in game. So if there is a purple arrow showing that a tank near you is aiming at you - then yes it should be illegal as well.

ez_money #36 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 22:37

Captain

• Players
  • 15818 battles

View PostYANKEE137, on Apr 25 2019 - 07:11, said:

Hmm. I've run into the situation where I'm aiming at a corner where a tank has been peeking, only to have said tank stay in cover.  As soon as I turn away-out he pops.

Hard to say of they were using the purple arrow mod. I've always used the zoomout mod (the legit one) and will frequently zoom out so I can see which way a tank that is around a corner, or behind a rock or other structure is aiming before I peek out to take a shot.

gingerted91 #37 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 01:15

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1482 battles
  • [MORDR] MORDR

A lot of this stuff done by mods can be learned and is simply skill based and developed situational awareness... knowing reloads, hearing/seeing shots, not poking into pre-aimed guns, going dark, oft used spots, blind fire.... 

The problem with WG being more specific ("Orange" "Pink" "Purple" ) is that change the color and the mod is good again.  They have to describe the mechanic, action, or outcome.

Unfortunately, the tinfoilhatters will have a good go on this and have another excuse for being baddies. (as already evidenced in this thread)  

Edited by gingerted91, Apr 26 2019 - 01:15.

SquishySupreme #38 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 03:43

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3707 battles

View PostAtragon, on Apr 25 2019 - 11:33, said:

This also is why you can actually troll and get players to move back with your SPG - target them and wow- they then and only THEN move back behind a rock.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users