Jump to content


World of Tanks - Improvements and Suggestions Megathread

Buffs Issues Tanks Tech Tree

  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

xXTheGameAceXx #1 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 01:20

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 11473 battles
  • 673
  • Member since:
    10-07-2015

The purpose of this thread is to document and catalog both issues with the game and suggestions to improve the game overall. While in likelihood Wargaming developers may never see this list or take anything here into consideration, it's at least a good way to keep everything in a single thread in a more concise manner that may benefit the community as a whole and, if fortunate, eventually gain attention of the game devs.

Currently this thread includes a list of needed buffs by tech tree from Tier IV onward through X.

 

Eventually I would like to include the following (in total) in this thread:

*Buffs List

*Nerfs List

*Game Additions

*Game Removals

*Game Changes

 

This will be a constant work in progress, so please feel free to suggest additions and changes to these lists as they're made!

If you disagree with something on the list, please be respectful and state why. If you feel something else should be added to any list, please also make sure to state why.

 

Buffs Lists Completed:

American Tech Tree

German Tech Tree

Japanese Tech Tree

UK/British Tech Tree

Swedish Tech Tree

Czech Tech Tree

French Tech Tree

Polish Tech Tree

Italian Tech Tree


=BUFFS=

American Tech Tree

 

German Tech Tree

 

Russian Tech Tree

 

British/UK Tech Tree

 

French Tech Tree

 

Czech Tech Tree

 

Japanese Tech Tree

 

Chinese Tech Tree

 

Polish Tech Tree

 

Swedish Tech Tree

 

Italian Tech Tree

 

 
 
 
 
 

Edited by xXTheGameAceXx, May 03 2019 - 04:44.


BigDollarBillz #2 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 01:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 38772 battles
  • 4,455
  • [SBW] SBW
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011
Well the E100, IS-4, and Kranvagan all getting buffs this year. Kran should get its buff this next patch.

xXTheGameAceXx #3 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 01:38

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 11473 battles
  • 673
  • Member since:
    10-07-2015

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Apr 25 2019 - 19:37, said:

Well the E100, IS-4, and Kranvagan all getting buffs this year. Kran should get its buff this next patch.

 

Kranvagn I was aware of, others I wasn't. Will pull the E100 off the list when that happens based on what they do.

Ortinoth_ #4 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 02:26

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27228 battles
  • 1,727
  • [SEGA] SEGA
  • Member since:
    09-10-2011

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Apr 25 2019 - 17:37, said:

Well the E100, IS-4, and Kranvagan all getting buffs this year. Kran should get its buff this next patch.

 

you will not see any of the new balance buffs to tanks untill after the ammo rebalance is in the game

 



Ortinoth_ #5 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 02:30

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27228 battles
  • 1,727
  • [SEGA] SEGA
  • Member since:
    09-10-2011

View PostxXTheGameAceXx, on Apr 25 2019 - 17:38, said:

 

Kranvagn I was aware of, others I wasn't. Will pull the E100 off the list when that happens based on what they do.

 

IS-4, Kran, Leo 1, E100, STB-1 are all on the list to be first rebalanced, as we have seen the Kran, Leo 1 and the Stb-1 changes - still need the E100 and IS4 changes 

tanopasman62 #6 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 02:56

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 21277 battles
  • 4,558
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_
  • Member since:
    12-13-2016
With all the power creep T-43 could get the old D-10T back and wouldn't be much of a problem.

xXTheGameAceXx #7 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 02:57

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 11473 battles
  • 673
  • Member since:
    10-07-2015

View PostOrtinoth_, on Apr 25 2019 - 20:30, said:

 

IS-4, Kran, Leo 1, E100, STB-1 are all on the list to be first rebalanced, as we have seen the Kran, Leo 1 and the Stb-1 changes - still need the E100 and IS4 changes 

 

Thanks for the info~

I may make a section for tanks that are in the process of going through testing/have upcoming buffs.



BigDollarBillz #8 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 03:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 38772 battles
  • 4,455
  • [SBW] SBW
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

View PostOrtinoth_, on Apr 25 2019 - 20:26, said:

 

you will not see any of the new balance buffs to tanks untill after the ammo rebalance is in the game

 

 

Kranvagan is coming out this next patch. Just like they are going to try and get people in the type 5 to go back to the first gun this go around.

death_stryker #9 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 03:16

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 4575 battles
  • 786
  • [LUCID] LUCID
  • Member since:
    05-23-2014

Here's my list for tier 10:

Buffs:

- STB-1, recent "rebalance" announcement indicates that it has been changed in a way that probably makes it worse than it already is

- Leopard 1, though the planned changes may change this, we'll have to see

- WZ-113G FT, is not only weak but also pointless—has no interesting traits that make it worth playing

- 121, for some reason the upcoming balance changes ignored this tank despite addressing many of the other worst tier 10s in the game

- Tentative: K-91, AMX M4 54, Panzerwagen/Sheridan/WZ-132-1; all are weak and rarely played

 

Nerfs:

- Reward tanks (these are the main issue, though tbh nerfs might never happen): 907, Chieftain, 279e

- Tentative: 260, 268 v4, EBR, SConq; all are overperforming, but not significantly

 

The T20 is widely agreed upon to be one of the best mediums at tier 7; it definitely doesn't need a buff, with so many atrociously bad ones yet to be dealt with. I agree with all of your other picks.



xXTheGameAceXx #10 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 03:40

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 11473 battles
  • 673
  • Member since:
    10-07-2015

View Postdeath_stryker, on Apr 25 2019 - 21:16, said:

Here's my list for tier 10:

Buffs:

- STB-1, recent "rebalance" announcement indicates that it has been changed in a way that probably makes it worse than it already is

- Leopard 1, though the planned changes may change this, we'll have to see

- WZ-113G FT, is not only weak but also pointless—has no interesting traits that make it worth playing

- 121, for some reason the upcoming balance changes ignored this tank despite addressing many of the other worst tier 10s in the game

- Tentative: K-91, AMX M4 54, Panzerwagen/Sheridan/WZ-132-1; all are weak and rarely played

 

Nerfs:

- Reward tanks (these are the main issue, though tbh nerfs might never happen): 907, Chieftain, 279e

- Tentative: 260, 268 v4, EBR, SConq; all are overperforming, but not significantly

 

The T20 is widely agreed upon to be one of the best mediums at tier 7; it definitely doesn't need a buff, with so many atrociously bad ones yet to be dealt with. I agree with all of your other picks.

 

Huh, perhaps I need to work up to the T20 and give it some time on my own. I just don't tend to see them used that frequently, and when I have they've typically gotten wiped out pretty quickly.

Will start to go over some of those others and add them to the list soon. Especially agree with the 268 v4. They nerfed it not too long after it first came out, but it's still a nightmare to deal with. Still can't figure out how to consistently nail it.



xXTheGameAceXx #11 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 05:33

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 11473 battles
  • 673
  • Member since:
    10-07-2015
Alright I'm done for the night. Just added in the Japanese Tech Tree. Tomorrow I think I'll tackle the UK (because good grief Russia has too many tanks with too many similar names) first and if I have time maybe I'll do France, Sweden, and China.

jsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1 #12 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 09:12

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 3929 battles
  • 758
  • Member since:
    11-30-2017

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Apr 26 2019 - 01:37, said:

Well the E100, IS-4, and Kranvagan all getting buffs this year. Kran should get its buff this next patch.

 

yes we already saw the first batch of "buffs"

 

you better PRAY they forget about the rest of them............



xXTheGameAceXx #13 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 18:13

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 11473 battles
  • 673
  • Member since:
    10-07-2015
Update: Just added the VK 30.01(H) to the German Tech Tree, and completed the UK/British Tech Tree. Congratulations to England on being absolutely terrible in lower tiers overall.

haxmachine21 #14 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 18:24

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 14941 battles
  • 1,502
  • [S_T_P] S_T_P
  • Member since:
    12-30-2014
Matilda IV (in the Russian tree) needs some help. Armor and health are great for tier 5....the gun isn't. The AP and APCR rounds severely need to be buffed. HE is good, oddly enough. The Matilda IV's HE shells have always delivered consistent pens of thinly-armored targets.

Edited by haxmachine21, Apr 26 2019 - 18:24.


xXTheGameAceXx #15 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 18:28

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 11473 battles
  • 673
  • Member since:
    10-07-2015

View Posthaxmachine21, on Apr 26 2019 - 12:24, said:

Matilda IV (in the Russian tree) needs some help. Armor and health are great for tier 5....the gun isn't. The AP and APCR rounds severely need to be buffed. HE is good, oddly enough. The Matilda IV's HE shells have always delivered consistent pens of thinly-armored targets.

 

Will keep that in mind when I get over to the Russians. Just completed the Swedish Tech Tree as well.

xXTheGameAceXx #16 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 19:34

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 11473 battles
  • 673
  • Member since:
    10-07-2015
Since I forgot to mention it with my last posting, also added the Czech Tech Tree since it was pretty quick to do.

haxmachine21 #17 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 20:15

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 14941 battles
  • 1,502
  • [S_T_P] S_T_P
  • Member since:
    12-30-2014
Also, St. Emil would become non-historical if it got more ammunition, according to my brother. I can verify it, as I did a bit of research in my armored vehicles books. Historically, thanks to the massive gun the St. Emil had, it could only carry 15 rounds, due to the space it all had to fit in, which was already quite packed due to the crew. My brother 3-Marked the St. Emil, and said it really only needs a small aiming time buff and a small accuracy buff. He said everything else is really good.

Edited by haxmachine21, Apr 26 2019 - 20:19.


haxmachine21 #18 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 20:35

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 14941 battles
  • 1,502
  • [S_T_P] S_T_P
  • Member since:
    12-30-2014

I guess I will add a few more tanks:


 

1: M4 Improved. The 75mm M3 needs some help, or the Improved needs a different gun altogether. IF it had Pref. MM (LIKE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE), that wouldn't be an issue.


 

2: KV-122. Just needs a little more health, maybe 100 or so. If it doesn't have good armor, it at least should have a little more health.


 

3: (Brother's request) Grille (artillery): Grille needs a nerf to reload time on top gun by 3-5 seconds, and nerf dispersion by 0.01 and aim time by 0.3.


 

4: (Brother's request) Bison: Reduce Alpha by 75 damage.


 

5: Skoda T40: Buff module health and dispersion. Very fragile up to the point where not having Spall Liner is suicide. Reduce dispersion by 0.01.


 

6: (Brother's request) SP-IC: Increase Alpha of all shells by 20. Decrease reload time by 0.3 seconds.


 

7: TOG II*: Needs a health buff. Increase to 1500-1600 health and speed increase to 16KPH. This will help it survive the endless rounds of artillery that usually gravitate towards it.



xXTheGameAceXx #19 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 20:46

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 11473 battles
  • 673
  • Member since:
    10-07-2015

View Posthaxmachine21, on Apr 26 2019 - 14:15, said:

Also, St. Emil would become non-historical if it got more ammunition, according to my brother. I can verify it, as I did a bit of research in my armored vehicles books. Historically, thanks to the massive gun the St. Emil had, it could only carry 15 rounds, due to the space it all had to fit in, which was already quite packed due to the crew. My brother 3-Marked the St. Emil, and said it really only needs a small aiming time buff and a small accuracy buff. He said everything else is really good.

 

Good to know, although I feel Wargaming isn't looking to necessarily be perfectly historically accurate.

 

View Posthaxmachine21, on Apr 26 2019 - 14:35, said:

I guess I will add a few more tanks:


 

1: M4 Improved. The 75mm M3 needs some help, or the Improved needs a different gun altogether. IF it had Pref. MM (LIKE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE), that wouldn't be an issue.


 

2: KV-122. Just needs a little more health, maybe 100 or so. If it doesn't have good armor, it at least should have a little more health.


 

3: (Brother's request) Grille (artillery): Grille needs a nerf to reload time on top gun by 3-5 seconds, and nerf dispersion by 0.01 and aim time by 0.3.


 

4: (Brother's request) Bison: Reduce Alpha by 75 damage.


 

5: Skoda T40: Buff module health and dispersion. Very fragile up to the point where not having Spall Liner is suicide. Reduce dispersion by 0.01.


 

6: (Brother's request) SP-IC: Increase Alpha of all shells by 20. Decrease reload time by 0.3 seconds.


 

7: TOG II*: Needs a health buff. Increase to 1500-1600 health and speed increase to 16KPH. This will help it survive the endless rounds of artillery that usually gravitate towards it.

 

Will go over these soon. TOG I completely forgot about and you're quite right. It's a meme tank as it stands right now, and was designed by the same drunken Brit that did the Churchill GC.

Skoda I'll double check and go over that.

Bison is a Tier III, and I'm doing Tier IV and above. If I find the time or feel it's necessary, I'll do Tier III at a later point.

SP-1C I missed that so I'll fix that.

Grille I'll get around to when I go into nerfs.

Feel like I'm missing the M4 Improved in the tech tree somewhere. As a matter of fact a list of the premium tanks that aren't in the tech tree would greatly help my work.



Grenache90 #20 Posted Apr 27 2019 - 05:06

    Private

  • Players
  • 23419 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    11-27-2011

TD Fv4005 new bluff suggest: To respect the way they want to  push that tank, they should :

 1 - ADD 1900 damage per shell

2 - add a new gun with splitting shell ... the shell split in 3 with automatic 4.5 K damage each. so 4005 can destroy 3 tank at a time.

3 - Add autoloader (4 shells) . so the 4005 will be able to shoot 12 tank (with the split shell) in 13 second.

4 - To balance with arty, they should immune FV4005 from arty shell. (splash damage)

5 - reduce all tier 10 heavy armor to 120/120/120 to be sure the destruction work at all time.

6 - your suggestion







Also tagged with Buffs, Issues, Tanks, Tech Tree

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users