Problems with lag th to a Samsung s7 phone

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

_Red_Saaryn_ #1 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 05:05

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23558 battles
  • [-IKR-] -IKR-
For some reason each time i connect my phone to my network my game starts to lag, goes from healthy 90ms to 500-600 and I dont know why, i already tried to prevent apps from using internet in the background, already tried using an app called glass wire to look at which apps are using internet and force stopped them but the lag continues, i know is my phone because when i turn off the Wi-Fi in my phone i stop having lag, does anyone have ever faced this problem?, is there any solution ? Please help!

The_Illusive_Man #2 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 05:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 13326 battles

Is your PC wired? If not, wire it. Should be prioritized. 

Other than that, you could try to factory reset the phone. Use google to back everything up first though.

_Red_Saaryn_ #3 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 05:20

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23558 battles
  • [-IKR-] -IKR-

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Apr 26 2019 - 05:09, said:

Is your PC wired? If not, wire it. Should be prioritized. 

Other than that, you could try to factory reset the phone. Use google to back everything up first though.

Isnt wired because the modem is in my living room and my pc in my room. And a long wire is very expensive, specially for my country in which the items are sold for a price 3 times higher than in united states. About the factory reset, the phone is brand new, the only thing i installed was whatsapp and I configured it so it wouldn't backup or download without my permission

Edited by _Red_Saaryn_, Apr 26 2019 - 05:28.

WhineMaker #4 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 06:01

Major

• Players
  • 38600 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View Post_Red_Saaryn_, on Apr 25 2019 - 20:20, said:

Isnt wired because the modem is in my living room and my pc in my room. And a long wire is very expensive, specially for my country in which the items are sold for a price 3 times higher than in united states. About the factory reset, the phone is brand new, the only thing i installed was whatsapp and I configured it so it wouldn't backup or download without my permission

Time to break down and get wired directly into the modem/router... :great:

The_Illusive_Man #5 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 06:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 13326 battles

View Post_Red_Saaryn_, on Apr 26 2019 - 01:20, said:

You could try to move the pc temp to that room.....

Firemoth #6 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 10:45

Major

• Players
  • 38201 battles

View Post_Red_Saaryn_, on Apr 26 2019 - 14:05, said:

For some reason each time i connect my phone to my network my game starts to lag, goes from healthy 90ms to 500-600 and I dont know why, i already tried to prevent apps from using internet in the background, already tried using an app called glass wire to look at which apps are using internet and force stopped them but the lag continues, i know is my phone because when i turn off the Wi-Fi in my phone i stop having lag, does anyone have ever faced this problem?, is there any solution ? Please help!

does your phone have some automatic backup feature like icloud or onenote? if its backing up data then its going to hog your bandwidth when its on the wifi. even automatic updates if its not scheduled for overnight?

TommyBuns #7 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 10:56

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18747 battles

View Post_Red_Saaryn_, on Apr 25 2019 - 23:20, said:

If the phone is brand new, it's possible it's updating firmware, apps, etc. 

Insanefriend #8 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 12:11

Captain

• Players
  • 46855 battles

Most likely app updates and syncs, coupled with the wifi or network connection getting over loaded.

How strong is the wifi signal in your room?  And what is your internet connection speed?  Do you know what modem/router you are using?

Pepino1976 #9 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 12:47

Captain

• -Players-
  • 45198 battles

Your router, not your phone, might be the problem. The first thing I would do would be to see if your router has a device prioritization setting. Many newer routers have this feature. From the blurb on the router I currently own:

Prioritize Your Devices

With the Linksys App, you can overcome bandwidth limitations and avoid lag by prioritizing devices that need the fastest Wi-Fi.

If you think you need a new router, this is what I have and it works great: Linksys Max-Stream AC2200 MU-MIMO Tri-Band WiFi Router

Get it from Amazon (or shop around) and if it doesn't solve your issue, you can return it if you are a Prime member.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X9CPC45/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Insanefriend #10 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 12:50

Captain

• Players
  • 46855 battles

View PostPepino1976, on Apr 26 2019 - 05:47, said:

Your router, not your phone, might be the problem. The first thing I would do would be to see if your router has a device prioritization setting. Many newer routers have this feature. From the blurb on the router I currently own:

Prioritize Your Devices

With the Linksys App, you can overcome bandwidth limitations and avoid lag by prioritizing devices that need the fastest Wi-Fi.

If you think you need a new router, this is what I have and it works great: Linksys Max-Stream AC2200 MU-MIMO Tri-Band WiFi Router

Get it from Amazon (or shop around) and if it doesn't solve your issue, you can return it if you are a Prime member.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X9CPC45/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Don't think he has amazon prime available to him and sound like he's on a budget as he can't run a network cable across the house due to cost.

rockbutcher #11 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 13:10

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22644 battles
  • [-OPS-] -OPS-
Have you considered not hooking up your phone while you are playing WoT?

SporkBoy #12 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 14:53

Major

• Players
  • 48888 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
I have to use my phone as a mobile hotspot as well.

I have very low 4G signal and use an external directional antenna and amplifier -set the phone very close to the amplifier and get good results.

My PC is not close to the phone so I also use a wifi antenna on my PC.

Any apps on the phone or PC must be closed to prevent bandwidth problems. FYI Facebook is a huge resource hog.

Often I have to reset (unplug/replug) antenna and amp to clear high pings.

In your case a wifi extender may help. Install the extender about halfway between your phone and PC. Make sure your phone is in a position to get the best 4G signals.

I used to rig an old satellite antenna to capture 4G and focus onto the phone - maybe you can try that.

First make sure all apps are completely closed and turn off updates.

DarkSkoll #13 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 15:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 50114 battles
Upgrade your wifi router to the AC standard if it isn't. It can handle more devices connected to the wifi network than older standards like N. Also the range from router is farther.

24cups #14 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 16:04

Major

• Players
  • 24603 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postrockbutcher, on Apr 26 2019 - 07:10, said:

Have you considered not hooking up your phone while you are playing WoT?

THIS ^^^

why does everyone need constant phone access  ? 

dunniteowl #15 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 16:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

View PostInsanefriend, on Apr 26 2019 - 05:50, said:

Don't think he has amazon prime available to him and sound like he's on a budget as he can't run a network cable across the house due to cost.

yeah, but he can afford the Galaxy S7.  It's all about priorities, when it comes down to it.

You have gotten some pretty good suggestions OP.  If you can find a discount store or a charity thrift store that carries older computer gear, guess what you are likely to find bundled up in coils?  Some decent RJ45 Ethernet Port Cables.  I took a quick glance at cables online and 100 ft Ethernet sold for $11.85 at WalMart.  It was even Cat 6.  Cat 5 would be just fine in most cases.

You don't need a 100' I'm willing to bet.  You could probably get a 50' line for even less.  It's NOT super expensive if you want to hold off having a couple liters of soda or a case of beer this month.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

_Red_Saaryn_ #16 Posted Apr 27 2019 - 05:15

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23558 battles
  • [-IKR-] -IKR-

View PostFiremoth, on Apr 26 2019 - 10:45, said:

does your phone have some automatic backup feature like icloud or onenote? if its backing up data then its going to hog your bandwidth when its on the wifi. even automatic updates if its not scheduled for overnight?

I searched and turned off any backup, update and anything that could use internet in the background but i keep having the same lag. I ended just disconnecting it to play because moving my pc might be too much and just pressing an icon is faster, though I won't be able to receive messages while off. 

Buying with Amazon is the same as trying to buy here, it might be cheap but the introduction to the country would be very expensive and I dont think Amazon delivers outside of united states. The phone i have is because I got it used since my friend wanted to dispose of it (now I know why), i mean my precious phone was a prime j7 that got totalled when a hit and run thought it was funny to drive on the sidewalk (destroyed its left mirror with my leg as I dodged, my phone was in my pocket )

Edited by _Red_Saaryn_, Apr 27 2019 - 05:29.

_Red_Saaryn_ #17 Posted Apr 27 2019 - 08:40

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23558 battles
  • [-IKR-] -IKR-
Found the problem!. Apparently the gallery has a synch i didnt know existed and once i disabled it all turned good. But now there is this problem that after 1 hour this enables itself automatically

spy1309 #18 Posted Apr 27 2019 - 14:27

Captain

• Players
  • 44329 battles
I had the same issue a while ago , if your router is dual band and the computer is using the 2.4 GHz band move the phone to the 5Ghz band or the other way around and should fix the issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users