• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Stevenwt #1 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 05:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6546 battles

by that I mean

OP Armor

Tier 8 tanks sold to basically new players(seriously I took one look at his stats and felt bad for the guy)

http://wotreplays.eu...on-stevenwt-m44

you might want to fast forward the replay.

Literaly I hit him 10 times in a row IN THE FACE, it took that long to finish him off

Edited by Stevenwt, Apr 26 2019 - 05:48.

JakeTheMystic #2 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 06:57

Major

• Players
  • 25000 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC
reported for name and shame

Stevenwt #3 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 07:22

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6546 battles

Why? It’s a replay View PostJakeTheMystic, on Apr 25 2019 - 23:57, said:

reported for name and shame

First off he’s a new player, he literaly did nothing wrong,  apart from buying a tier 8 tank ( ok an American teir 8 premium) and who because he’s new had no clue as to what he is doing he got his [edited]haded to him over and over again I’m that tank. literaly he just sat there doing almost nothing while I kept shooting him in the face over and over and over again.

This is a major part of the problem I see again and again. New players buying high teir tanks, I suspect on a combination of pure hype from wargaming and/or thinking a high pricetag means that it is obviously better than lower price tanks, and then boom they end up getting there asses handed to them. 

Frankly given that that seems to be a major source of funding for them it’s kind of suprising the game has lasted this long.

Edited by Stevenwt, Apr 26 2019 - 07:32.

JakeTheMystic #4 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 08:13

Major

• Players
  • 25000 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostStevenwt, on Apr 25 2019 - 21:22, said:

First off he’s a new player, he literaly did nothing wrong,  apart from buying a tier 8 tank ( ok an American teir 8 premium) and who because he’s new had no clue as to what he is doing he got his [edited]haded to him over and over again I’m that tank. literaly he just sat there doing almost nothing while I kept shooting him in the face over and over and over again.

This is a major part of the problem I see again and again. New players buying high teir tanks, I suspect on a combination of pure hype from wargaming and/or thinking a high pricetag means that it is obviously better than lower price tanks, and then boom they end up getting there asses handed to them. 

Frankly given that that seems to be a major source of funding for them it’s kind of suprising the game has lasted this long.

Its been a common problem for a while and its present in every game. You cant just limit people's game experience simply because they are new, unless you make it a tier requirement before they can play in a ranked mode, that I can understand. 

If they want to throw money into the game and skip the grind, let them. They will never learn, they might not do well in pubs, but who cares, its pubs. Let them be. 

You still posted a replay shaming a target player, which constitutes as name and shame (according to some mods on the forum at least). You might as well remove the replay or risk getting a strike. 

I was in the hall patrol for elementary, dont underestimate my ability to be a tattle-tale. 

CaptSpaulding55 #5 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 10:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34255 battles

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Apr 26 2019 - 02:13, said:

I was in the hall patrol for elementary, dont underestimate my ability to be a tattle-tale. 

This isn't elementary school so don't be a fn snitch! I truly can't stand people like you. Mind your own fn business!

PuddleSplasher #6 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 12:14

Major

• Players
  • 39470 battles

View PostCaptSpaulding55, on Apr 26 2019 - 09:58, said:

This isn't elementary school so don't be a fn snitch! I truly can't stand people like you. Mind your own fn business!

Such anger.

Details of a councelor can be given for anger management sessions. :bajan:

kapri25 #7 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 12:28

Captain

• Players
  • 19733 battles
  • [KRUSH] KRUSH
Couple of things. For one, WG doesn't care who buys the tanks...just that they are buying them. So when a new player first comes in to the game they will be introduced to premium tanks. Take into account the swath of social media people who showcase these things. The message over all? They can be awesome if they buy this tank. Which brings up the second point, whether someone is minty fresh or a veteran to the game, they have a right to spend their money however they please. Finally, regardless of your intentions, you did name and shame. You may not have thought it or said it out loud but you did put the basis that the poor guy should not be allowed to purchase a tier 8 premium tank. Not like this is new though...seems like this is one of those threads that pop up every now and then.../shrug

Edited by kapri25, Apr 26 2019 - 12:29.

WangOnTheLoose #8 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 12:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 29026 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI

View PostStevenwt, on Apr 26 2019 - 01:22, said:

People like you are so amusing so why don't we break it down...…

1. You have a 47% win rate

2. You average 279 damage per game

3. You own 57 premium tanks, 14 of which are Tier VIII

Pot please meet kettle...… I think a much better title for your thread would have been "This one post sums up EVERYTHING wrong with WoT"..... what do you think?

Edited by WangOnTheLoose, Apr 26 2019 - 12:43.

GenPanzer #9 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 12:46

Major

• Players
  • 44921 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT
I believe posting replays and talking about anyone or the entire team is not considered name and shame, unless they changed that rule.

VooDooKobra #10 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 13:41

Major

• Players
  • 10039 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostStevenwt, on Apr 25 2019 - 23:22, said:

When i started i jumped right in with a tier 8 premie not because of anything WG did, or any hype.  it was simply my friends were that much ahead of me and i wanted a tank i could use to play with then while i made my way up the line.  I dont know though why you are suprised because if that was the case WT would have died out too because they do the same thing.  every game with a similar format does it so really it is unrealistic to think that a single game is going to say Nah, i dont want your money.  even his buying a tank he wanted is doing nothing wrong, just because you do not agree with it doesnt make it wrong.  (might not be the smartest move but still not wrong)

If i were to do it over i probaby wouldnt have been in such a hurry to get up those higher tiers and i may have a better wr, but it is what it is

Edited by VooDooKobra, Apr 26 2019 - 13:42.

Hellsfog #11 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 14:54

Major

• Players
  • 38287 battles

OP is playing arty. I don't care about his gaming experience. Also, he isn't any better that player he is using as an example. 

Blackstone #12 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 15:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 21937 battles

View PostStevenwt, on Apr 25 2019 - 23:45, said:

by that I mean

OP Armor

Tier 8 tanks sold to basically new players(seriously I took one look at his stats and felt bad for the guy)

http://wotreplays.eu...on-stevenwt-m44

you might want to fast forward the replay.

Literaly I hit him 10 times in a row IN THE FACE, it took that long to finish him off

Well, it's like watching the two dumbest kids on the street having a fist fight. You know you shouldn't watch, but it's hilarious.

Vulcan_Spectre #13 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 15:07

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5573 battles
  • [TCM] TCM
'everything thats wrong', 1: arty, 2: arty, 3: arty

Edited by Vulcan_Spectre, Apr 26 2019 - 15:08.

Der_Apfelvater #14 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 15:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 45371 battles
  • [ALERT] ALERT
hmmm

Edited by AppleDaD6, Apr 26 2019 - 15:20.

Also tagged with M6A2E1, Shootemintheface

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users