.. Mission Board, please explain..

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

xlxSumonaxlx #1 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 06:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 9784 battles

.. Flanking hull, can someone please explain to me how the Mission board works.. especially with this token system.. it's so frustrating that I cannot understand how these tokens work. I don't even know how many I've got.. 

I've missed out on the Leo crew (no longer enough time according to the discord) because I couldn't figure out how to get 'Cans'.. 

There's Fire 'tokens', Incendiary 'tokens', and it goes on.. it all just seems way too ambiguous, as if they're making up their own military language all over again.

So I've finally cracked and decided to ask here, I apologise for the frustration but I've just had enough of missing out on things because I couldn't understand how these blasted 'Tokens' work.. how to track them, or use them..

Thanks for reading..

Mission board I refer to: https://imgur.com/a/XKbTbLW

Edited by xlxSumonaxlx, Apr 26 2019 - 07:14.

bad_73 #2 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 09:04

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1513 battles

Sometimes the tokens add up to get you rewards and sometimes they just signify that you have got a reward.We currently have both.

Edited by bad_73, Apr 26 2019 - 09:04.

xlxSumonaxlx #3 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 09:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 9784 battles

View Postbad_73, on Apr 26 2019 - 08:04, said:

Sometimes the tokens add up to get you rewards and sometimes they just signify that you have got a reward.We currently have both.

Could you elaborate on this if possible? Perhaps using my pictures as an example..?

Thank you by the way.. so far it seems it's like redeeming prizes at TimeZone with tickets for playing the games.

Edited by xlxSumonaxlx, Apr 26 2019 - 09:08.

the_Deadly_Bulb #4 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 09:12

Major

• Players
  • 27654 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Tokens are used for several mission, sometimes simultaneously.

As previously posted sometimes they're for missions you've done, each time you'll get one.

Once you've got the appropriate number of tokens for that mission you will complete it, receive a reward and then either do it again or begin collecting tokens for the next mission in the series.

The entire "tokens" for missions method causes no end of confusion and frustration.

There is no way to usually track tokens as a whole because what WG calls tokens are applicable to many different matches.

OK so I went and checked a few.

ATM there are several "token" missions including:

"Fight for Fire",

each time you fight a battle and win in a T-VII vehicle you earn a "Fire Token" if you entered the code for Team Fire.

If you entered the code for Team Ice then you get an "Ice Token" each time you win a T-VII battle.

The team that wins the most tokens will each receive the camo pattern associated with their team.

If you haven't already you can enter here https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/missions/fire-or-ice-0419/

(Fire is going to win, go with the winner)

You can see how many of these you have earned in the small box in the upper right corner of teh mission when you click on it and open it.

That's all these "tokens" do.

There is also the swede crew missions:

these earn "Surstromming Tokens".

You earn 1 surstromming token each time you complete the mission Tre

Be among the top 10 of your team by XP earned to have your damage count

Do 30,000 HP of damage to complete Tre and earn 1 Surstromming Token

When you have earned 6 of these Surstromming Tokes you will have received the rewards for this mission including vent, vert stab, rammer and crew for the Leo

There are also currently tokens for the "Play your tank Right " missions.

There are tokens for all kinds of things

Its designed to make things more vague and confusing. :honoring:

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Apr 26 2019 - 09:35.

xlxSumonaxlx #5 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 09:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 9784 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Apr 26 2019 - 08:12, said:

Tokens are used for several mission, sometimes simultaneously.

As previously posted sometimes they're for missions you've done, each time you'll get one.

Once you've got the appropriate number of tokens for that mission you will complete it, receive a reward and then either do it again or begin collecting tokens for the next mission in the series.

The entire "tokens" for missions method causes no end of confusion and frustration.

There is no way to usually track tokens as a whole because what WG calls tokens are applicable to many different matches.

Thanks for understanding.. I mean, a 100% crew with 2 full skills for my soon to be UDES would've been great.. now I've missed out on it. :f

I think I 'understand' it now.. I so far understand the 101 201 301 401 x10 = Diploma reward.. 

the_Deadly_Bulb #6 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 09:37

Major

• Players
  • 27654 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostxlxSumonaxlx, on Apr 26 2019 - 00:26, said:

Thanks for understanding.. I mean, a 100% crew with 2 full skills for my soon to be UDES would've been great.. now I've missed out on it. :f

I think I 'understand' it now.. I so far understand the 101 201 301 401 x10 = Diploma reward.. 

The Swede crew missions (Tre) continue and reset daily until April 29

Do you have any done yet?

edit:

I see in your image you have one complete and 18899 of 30, 000 for the second. 

It says it runs until April 29 4 am my time so I think its impossible to get now. :(

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Apr 26 2019 - 09:42.

xlxSumonaxlx #7 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 11:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 9784 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Apr 26 2019 - 08:37, said:

The Swede crew missions (Tre) continue and reset daily until April 29

Do you have any done yet?

edit:

I see in your image you have one complete and 18899 of 30, 000 for the second. 

It says it runs until April 29 4 am my time so I think its impossible to get now. :(

Yes, I was told.. oh well. I'm hoping the Swedish line will suck now.. LOL

GenPanzer #8 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 12:53

Major

• Players
  • 44833 battles
  • [EFFIT] EFFIT
Tokens are just a way to count the number of completions. It will help if you click on a mission and check if there is an upside down chevron (down arrow). The missions that require tokens only, they will have the chevron, like your diploma missions. Other missions, like XP or damage missions, will show a counter as you see in your Tre mission.

mbrolin #9 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 13:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34040 battles
I find the new missions page to be confusing and not very useful. I found the old mission page in the game to be much more useful and not as confusing.

toesave #10 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 15:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23952 battles
  • [DIXIE] DIXIE

just play your game... do not worry about all this nonsense.  if you get something fine, if not,you do not know what you missed..  I have seen, as many most likely have..  players get super pissed off that they can not complete a mission.  ruins there game play for days..  if I want something I just buy it....

WG is confused.  go read the Tre mission  they tell you to go for exp top 10 but only damage is counted...     does anyone in WG even proof read this stuff..  as with front lines, silly little errors because they do not double check the trash they throw at us....

they wonder why they get no respect...………….

Edited by toesave, Apr 26 2019 - 16:05.

the_Deadly_Bulb #11 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 18:28

Major

• Players
  • 27654 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Posttoesave, on Apr 26 2019 - 06:55, said:

just play your game... do not worry about all this nonsense.  if you get something fine, if not,you do not know what you missed..  I have seen, as many most likely have..  players get super pissed off that they can not complete a mission.  ruins there game play for days..  if I want something I just buy it.... Unfortunately one can't buy items like the Swede Premium Crew that is offered with 6 completions of Tre. If you want the reward, and many do, you must complete the tasks required

WG is confused.  go read the Tre mission  they tell you to go for exp top 10 but only damage is counted...     does anyone in WG even proof read this stuff..  as with front lines, silly little errors because they do not double check the trash they throw at us....

they wonder why they get no respect While this may seem confusing it is really just a bit overly complex (as per WG usual MO). What it means is that the Tre mission is all about doing damage, however in order for that damage to be counted for Tre the player must also be in the top 10 for the match (win or lose) for XP earned and if they are then their damage gets counted. If you do 1500 damage but finish at the #11 spot on the details page, when sorted by XP, then you won't have that damage applied to your Tre totals for the day. The Tre mission resets daily and does NOT carry over.

There was no mistake this time, it was pretty clear as far as a WG mission goes.  It was written as intended.

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Apr 26 2019 - 18:29.

gingerted91 #12 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 19:13

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1398 battles
  • [MORDR] MORDR

View PostxlxSumonaxlx, on Apr 26 2019 - 06:20, said:

So I've finally cracked and decided to ask here, I apologise for the frustration but I've just had enough of missing out on things because I couldn't understand how these blasted 'Tokens' work.. how to track them, or use them..

I advise reviewing the mission requirements as shown in the news articles on the website.

The conditions are often (but not always) clearer.  WG currently really only uses a few mission completion methods.  Once you are familiar with them in general you will be better prepared to complete them. 

P.S. Forget about tokens.  Its just a technique/mechanic that WG uses to track mission completions, the type and style are irrelevant...

Edited by gingerted91, Apr 26 2019 - 19:21.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users