Jumping rectical

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

bad_73 #1 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 08:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1527 battles
It first made an appearance in the first edition of frontlines and now it infects every map.This game should be at the stage where it is polished but is really only a drawn out beta.A jumping rectical should be a priority but money has their eyes glazed and they cant see anything else.Support is so lacking, they see the jumping in a replay you provide them and they tell me I was moving when I wasnt.It smells like coverup.Support should be for help and not hiding things.I see the end in sight if I can not even put my sites on the target.Cutting their own throats with their ignorance.

Michelin2433 #2 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 08:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 77 battles
its called a rectal

PuddleSplasher #3 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 12:08

Major

• Players
  • 39405 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR
Welcome to WOT support. :harp:

Insanefriend #4 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 12:21

Captain

• Players
  • 46744 battles

This isn't a bug and has been the game game for ever.  Which is why there hasn't really been a fix pushed for it.  

What is happening is the games range aim support system thinks you are targeting something really far away so it adjusts to hit that.  The effect is most notable on tanks with slow shell velocity like the M4 derp.  The system works to do automatic calculations for aim height, how high you'd need to aim to counter shell drop at range.  This is why tanks like the M4 with derp can arc shells over ridge lines in third person mode.  

The reason it jumps so much is that the game thinks your aiming at the sky box behind what ever it is your aiming at.  Which causes it to adjust the gun elevation by a ton to counter the shell drop.  This is why it's a really big problem on Frontlines as the sky box is miles behind targets on hills.

__Badfinger__ #5 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 13:26

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 33103 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA
I only get a similar effect during FL, either my sights just lay on the bottom of my screen, or my turret wont turn, its weird.

heavymetal1967 #6 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 13:49

Major

• Players
  • 73076 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

From Dev Q&A's from March. 

https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-tanks/world-of-tanks-developers-qa-march-2019/

Bug fixing:

•  We’re reworking map collision models to fix the bug when a player can damage an enemy tank by literally shooting in the air.
  •  “Jumpy aim” bug – when targeting a hill that has nothing behind it, your aim would go upwards or remain where it should be, yet a shell would go upwards. There is work towards fixing this.

Edited by heavymetal1967, Apr 26 2019 - 13:50.

QuicksilverJPR #7 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 15:51

Major

• Players
  • 27894 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View Postbad_73, on Apr 26 2019 - 02:07, said:

It first made an appearance in the first edition of frontlines and now it infects every map.This game should be at the stage where it is polished but is really only a drawn out beta.A jumping rectical should be a priority but money has their eyes glazed and they cant see anything else.Support is so lacking, they see the jumping in a replay you provide them and they tell me I was moving when I wasnt.It smells like coverup.Support should be for help and not hiding things.I see the end in sight if I can not even put my sites on the target.Cutting their own throats with their ignorance.

Understanding the game mechanics and how sightline/gun elevation are paired together in this game will at least let you know why this keeps happening.

It's still frustrating as hell when you are targeting skylined vehicles, and can't lead them effectively since the round ends up going 10 feet over their hull (as the line of sight is now pointing at the horizon 13 miles away or so)...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users