WG, what's the deal with redemption code missions?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

TankFullOfBourbon #1 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 17:01

Major

• Players
  • 30919 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

Are you hoping people don't find out there's a mission they can win free stuff from? Is this cheap thinking, kinda "I hate giving away stuff but the boss told me so I'll do it reluctantly", or is there another reason for it?

You know very well that there's a ton of weekend relaxed players who may or may not play and who will not trawl the News to find there's a mission they can earn free stuff from.

I don't get it.

Plays_With_Matches #2 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 17:05

Major

• Players
  • 29826 battles
  • [K-H] K-H
Apparently too many people complaining about all of the missions in the missions tab. This way you can opt in to only the ones you want. Seems screwed up to me but apparently this way the missions will be more rewarding.

omi5cron #3 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 17:19

Major

• Players
  • 23867 battles

its some kind of testing for data

also,someone recently put forth a great option for those who hate mission UI clutter...codes to NOT see missions...ie,missions would be as previous,automatic...and for those who cant STAND to see missions or use the arrows to close those tabs, a code would be offered...entering that code would turn OFF mission UI tabs.

great concept! those of us who just want missions to flow freely and no hoops,its covered. those who have some kind of UI hatred,its covered!

"make it so!"

Rake2244 #4 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 17:22

Private

• Players
  • 28264 battles
  • [TOMAS] TOMAS

They want to you to check the website more, so today I got up, checked the website and saw nothing.  I put in a few hours of gameplay and what do I see when I stop to get ready for work?  A post about XP Fever.  Good thing I didn't just spend the last few hours playing tier 8 premiums without entering the redemption code...

Thanks again Wargaming North America for screwing over your playerbase.  Keep digging that hole and wonder why someday soon Wargaming will be shuttering your offices and running what's left of the NA server from Europe.  

If you read these forums, you see post after post about how bad redemption codes for missions are.  Why don't you have someone at your office that can see this and realize it was one of the stupidest decisions you've ever made?  Europe and RU don't have to deal with this code insanity.  Why does the NA server have to?

Edited by Rake2244, Apr 26 2019 - 17:23.

omi5cron #5 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 17:23

Major

• Players
  • 23867 battles

i think the WoT thinking is...if few enough people of those that are playing actually enter codes,they could offer higher or better rewards for the few who did enter codes.something along that line of thinking...i think!

to thwart this,we have helpful people in the forums who will alert us (well,me anyway) to codes that show up.i dont regularly visit the news areas.and when i know about codes,i tell genchat in garage and also teammates in matches, that codes are available.

Jambijon #6 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 17:25

Community Coordinator

• -Players-
  • 3739 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

On a more serious note, these codes provided us with an alternative format to gather more data on what players wanted in terms of missions or event.  Yes, one of the concern with the missions tab clutter, but that wasn't the only reason.  With the codes, we were able to add the "cash back" function to the T110E4 on track for example.  This isn't a permanent thing by any means, and we have expressed the community concern with our developers as well as our own.

Plays_With_Matches #7 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 17:29

Major

• Players
  • 29826 battles
  • [K-H] K-H

View PostHambijon, on Apr 26 2019 - 11:25, said:

On a more serious note, these codes provided us with an alternative format to gather more data on what players wanted in terms of missions or event.  Yes, one of the concern with the missions tab clutter, but that wasn't the only reason.  With the codes, we were able to add the "cash back" function to the T110E4 on track for example.  This isn't a permanent thing by any means, and we have expressed the community concern with our developers as well as our own.

The cash back was much appreciated :)

For those of us that already have the line completed the on track doesn't really add much but I certainly dusted off the E4 for the 10 games required to complete the cash back mission!

cavalry11 #8 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 17:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49846 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
Dream on WG doing something that is good for the players.

Flarvin #9 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 17:44

Major

• Players
  • 54841 battles

View Postomi5cron, on Apr 26 2019 - 11:23, said:

i think the WoT thinking is...if few enough people of those that are playing actually enter codes,they could offer higher or better rewards for the few who did enter codes.something along that line of thinking...i think!

So screw over the casual players, which make up the majority of the playerbase. 

heavymetal1967 #10 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 17:45

Major

• Players
  • 73177 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

I blame Henry.

TankFullOfBourbon #11 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 17:46

Major

• Players
  • 30919 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostPlays_With_Matches, on Apr 26 2019 - 17:05, said:

Apparently too many people complaining about all of the missions in the missions tab. This way you can opt in to only the ones you want. Seems screwed up to me but apparently this way the missions will be more rewarding.

Really? WG listening to players? Picking up all the wrong things. If that's true, WG needs to stop listening to players. Again.

TankFullOfBourbon #12 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 17:52

Major

• Players
  • 30919 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostHambijon, on Apr 26 2019 - 17:25, said:

Honestly, the Missions page clutter is a UI thing. It can easily be solved by a tree/hierarchical structure where the mission name is mentioned with summary on the mission page and the individual missions are displayed on the subsequent click to page. I'm sorry but your explanation doesn't make much sense to me at all. Yes, I am a software developer.

Edited by TankFullOfBourbon, Apr 26 2019 - 17:57.

Flarvin #13 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 17:52

Major

• Players
  • 54841 battles

Having to enter codes for missions, is the stupidest thing I seen WG do, with the exception of the poorly tested pen mechanic change that was to come out with the Swedish tree. 

At least WG canceled the pen mechanic change. 

Rake2244 #14 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 18:13

Private

• Players
  • 28264 battles
  • [TOMAS] TOMAS

View PostHambijon, on Apr 26 2019 - 16:25, said:

That might make sense if you weren't skewing your own data by excluding players that aren't aware of the codes, or by your own team posting up codes late. If you truly want to see which missions and rewards all players want, you need to make sure ALL players are aware of said missions and rewards. As is, you're only collecting data from players that actually put in the time to look at your website or reddit. 

OLDIRTYBOMBER #15 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 18:25

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11997 battles
  • [DONKY] DONKY

View PostTankFullOfBourbon, on Apr 26 2019 - 17:52, said:

Honestly, the Missions page clutter is a UI thing. It can easily be solved by a tree/hierarchical structure where the mission name is mentioned with summary on the mission page and the individual missions are displayed on the subsequent click to page. I'm sorry but your explanation doesn't make much sense to me at all. Yes, I am a software developer.

Trash devs. Can barely copy paste properly let alone design and implement changes to the games basic UI components.

Probably have a long list of basic changes just waiting to be farmed out to an actual game developer. 

Flarvin #16 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 18:27

Major

• Players
  • 54841 battles

View PostOLDIRTYBOMBER, on Apr 26 2019 - 12:25, said:

Trash devs. Can barely copy paste properly let alone design and implement changes to the games basic UI components.

Probably have a long list of basic changes just waiting to be farmed out to an actual game developer. 

I am impressed, a very good game for “trash devs.”

zuquizu #17 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 18:31

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17762 battles
  • [AZTKZ] AZTKZ

View PostHambijon, on Apr 26 2019 - 17:25, said:

there is no cash back for the current on track mission?

GeoMonster #18 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 18:32

Captain

• -Players-
  • 36325 battles
  • [W0LF-] W0LF-

Some people are always complaining about missions and how they suck.  Now those same people can't complain.

BUT ... if WG is going with codes, then do a better job of publicizing them.  Don't hide Twitch Charlie one place, and the Chinese on track somewhere else, and the XP missions in a 3rd place.

Yea ... most of them are on the calendar, but that calendar leaves something to be desired.  At least the codes are now pre-filled in when you redeem them!

Toefur #19 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 18:34

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 30235 battles
  • [ACC] ACC
This should all be handled in game though. If you must have opt in missions, how about a pop up in game when you log on that says this are this weekend's missions, would you like to enable them? Also have it in the notification area in case the pop up gets closed.

DrWho_ #20 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 18:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 25826 battles

View PostRake2244, on Apr 26 2019 - 18:13, said:

That might make sense if you weren't skewing your own data by excluding players that aren't aware of the codes, or by your own team posting up codes late. If you truly want to see which missions and rewards all players want, you need to make sure ALL players are aware of said missions and rewards. As is, you're only collecting data from players that actually put in the time to look at your website or reddit. 

I was about to post something similar so you saved me some typing. Any data they collect in this way is basically useless and even further skewed by people like me who knows how to open/hide the various missions sets by clicking on that little arrow and just activate any mission I find codes for in case I happen to complete something and get some free stuff even if the mission as such doesn't interest me

This is for the devs, you know what you can do with your codes ....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users