Jump to content


WG, what's the deal with redemption code missions?


  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Flarvin #21 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 18:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 54880 battles
  • 17,053
  • Member since:
    03-29-2013

View PostRake2244, on Apr 26 2019 - 12:13, said:

That might make sense if you weren't skewing your own data by excluding players that aren't aware of the codes, or by your own team posting up codes late. If you truly want to see which missions and rewards all players want, you need to make sure ALL players are aware of said missions and rewards. As is, you're only collecting data from players that actually put in the time to look at your website or reddit. 

 

True. 

 

If your method of collecting behavior data, actually changes the behavior it’s trying to collect data on, the resulting data is basically worthless. 



the_Deadly_Bulb #22 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 18:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 28270 battles
  • 6,832
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014

Codes are misguided for anything but scavenger hunts.

 

Hambijon,

If WG wants to see what kinds of missions we want put in a survey to EVERYONE asking that.

Don't beleaguer us with these silly codes.

If the Missions UI is cluttered then fix that with a structure such as TankFullOfBourbon has already pointed out.

I have also jokingly pointed this same thing out to Domo.

 

You can hide a lot of stuff in a tree/hierarchical structure using drop down boxes

 

Respectfully,

the_Deadly_Bulb



bad_73 #23 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 18:46

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 1546 battles
  • 540
  • Member since:
    03-16-2019

View PostPlays_With_Matches, on Apr 26 2019 - 17:05, said:

Apparently too many people complaining about all of the missions in the missions tab. This way you can opt in to only the ones you want. Seems screwed up to me but apparently this way the missions will be more rewarding.

 

It was the tournament page hogging the mission tab that was responsible for the outcry from the public.As always ,wg has a knee jerk reaction from the crying that ensued.

the_Deadly_Bulb #24 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 18:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 28270 battles
  • 6,832
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014

View PostHambijon, on Apr 26 2019 - 08:25, said:

 

On a more serious note, these codes provided us with an alternative format to gather more data on what players wanted in terms of missions or event.  Yes, one of the concern with the missions tab clutter, but that wasn't the only reason.  With the codes, we were able to add the "cash back" function to the T110E4 on track for example.  This isn't a permanent thing by any means, and we have expressed the community concern with our developers as well as our own.

 

Please see this post.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/602888-wg-whats-the-deal-with-redemption-code-missions/page__st__20__pid__12093288#entry12093288

I should have quoted you, but I wanted more clutter (/s).

Let this lead you to my prose.

Think of it like a scavenger hunt, but sans code. :honoring:

 



OLDIRTYBOMBER #25 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 19:08

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 12022 battles
  • 1,690
  • [DONKY] DONKY
  • Member since:
    09-05-2016

View PostFlarvin, on Apr 26 2019 - 18:27, said:

 

I am impressed, a very good game for “trash devs.”

 

Almost like they didn't even make the engine and instead were handed the keys to spend the last 7 years just copy pasting tanks. :great:

Flarvin #26 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 19:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 54880 battles
  • 17,053
  • Member since:
    03-29-2013

View PostOLDIRTYBOMBER, on Apr 26 2019 - 13:08, said:

 

Almost like they didn't even make the engine and instead were handed the keys to spend the last 7 years just copy pasting tanks. :great:

 

Still a good game from those so called “trash devs.” 



the_Deadly_Bulb #27 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 19:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 28270 battles
  • 6,832
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014

View PostOLDIRTYBOMBER, on Apr 26 2019 - 10:08, said:

 

Almost like they didn't even make the engine and instead were handed the keys to spend the last 7 years just copy pasting tanks. :great:

 

Well their crappy game has amused you at least 37 days @ 24 hours a day over the last 31 months.

More than a day/ month.

10921 matches (give them an average of 5 mins each) = 54605 minutes or 910 hours, or 37+ days.

 

28 Premiums tanks in your garage.

You may have won some, and been gifted others, but someones been spending their allowance on WoT too.

Do you always spend so much time/money wallowing in crap? :sceptic:


Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Apr 26 2019 - 19:42.


OLDIRTYBOMBER #28 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 20:10

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 12022 battles
  • 1,690
  • [DONKY] DONKY
  • Member since:
    09-05-2016

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Apr 26 2019 - 19:40, said:

 

Well their crappy game has amused you at least 37 days @ 24 hours a day over the last 31 months.

More than a day/ month.

10921 matches (give them an average of 5 mins each) = 54605 minutes or 910 hours, or 37+ days.

 

28 Premiums tanks in your garage.

You may have won some, and been gifted others, but someones been spending their allowance on WoT too.

Do you always spend so much time/money wallowing in crap? :sceptic:

 

Kinda like calling your self a car builder because you slapped chrome rims and a spoiler on your honda civic.

 

Great work detective white night, would my opinion be better as an outsider who never played or what??

Yes i've played the game for a couple years and spent some money, actually only bought 4 or 5 so most of those must be rentals.

After playing and watching how the 'devs' work on their game ignoring / refusing to fix massive bugs and leaving needed games options to be developed for free by 'game mods'.

Trash.devs = true

 


Edited by OLDIRTYBOMBER, Apr 26 2019 - 20:17.


the_Deadly_Bulb #29 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 20:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 28270 battles
  • 6,832
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014

View PostOLDIRTYBOMBER, on Apr 26 2019 - 11:10, said:

 

Kinda like calling your self a car builder because you slapped chrome rims and a spoiler on your honda civic.

 

Great work detective white night, would my opinion be better as an outsider who never played or what??

Yes i've played the game for a couple years and spent some money, actually only bought 4 or 5 so most of those must be rentals.

After playing and watching how the 'devs' work on their game ignoring / refusing to fix massive bugs and leaving needed games options to be developed for free by 'game mods'.

Trash.devs = true

 

 

Really?!

You're going to resort to hyperbole and whataboutery as your refuge?

 

Please do define "massive bugs". :sceptic:

 

Don't like mods?

OK, but who cares or should about your mod issues?

You're probably one of the poor deluded players who thinks cheating is rampant and there'd be no cheating if only the res_mod folder was removed too. :teethhappy:

 

If you don't like the game there is a very simple solution.

It shouldn't be beyond the comprehension of anyone.

Don't like the game, don't play.

Sniveling and whining about something you don't like while continuing to do that very thing is infantile and foolish.

 

There's no requirement to play WoT.

It won't make you a better person or improve your life.

Its intended to be entertainment, nothing more.

if you don't like it don't do it.

I can't abide opera, I don't keep spending money on tickets to see if I still don't like it, I already know I don't so I don't pay any attention to opera.

 

 

 



Volcanic_lobster_220 #30 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 20:47

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 8734 battles
  • 1,065
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
  • Member since:
    06-04-2016

It takes all but 5 seconds to close all the missions you don't want to see in the missions tab, for crying out loud do people not see the drop-down arrow or what? how are people this lazy.

But i do like the cash back, it was very nice to get credits for playing tanks i own in the E4 line :)



OLDIRTYBOMBER #31 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 21:13

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 12022 battles
  • 1,690
  • [DONKY] DONKY
  • Member since:
    09-05-2016

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Apr 26 2019 - 20:32, said:

 

Really?!

You're going to resort to hyperbole and whataboutery as your refuge?

 

Please do define "massive bugs". :sceptic:

 

Don't like mods?

OK, but who cares or should about your mod issues?

You're probably one of the poor deluded players who thinks cheating is rampant and there'd be no cheating if only the res_mod folder was removed too. :teethhappy:

 

If you don't like the game there is a very simple solution.

It shouldn't be beyond the comprehension of anyone.

Don't like the game, don't play.

Sniveling and whining about something you don't like while continuing to do that very thing is infantile and foolish.

 

There's no requirement to play WoT.

It won't make you a better person or improve your life.

Its intended to be entertainment, nothing more.

if you don't like it don't do it.

I can't abide opera, I don't keep spending money on tickets to see if I still don't like it, I already know I don't so I don't pay any attention to opera.

 

 

 

 

But here you are sniveling and whining? Should i tell you to quit the forum?

Somehow you read WG needing people to develop mods for free as 'thinking cheating is rampant'??

I guess i left out the part about the amazing player base :)



ISNomads #32 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 21:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 39611 battles
  • 2,493
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013

View PostPlays_With_Matches, on Apr 26 2019 - 08:05, said:

Apparently too many people complaining about all of the missions in the missions tab. This way you can opt in to only the ones you want. Seems screwed up to me but apparently this way the missions will be more rewarding.

 

WG: Hmm, we messed up the user experience of the Missions tab... Let's fix it by making people enter codes and making it worse!!!

ISNomads #33 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 22:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 39611 battles
  • 2,493
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013

View PostHambijon, on Apr 26 2019 - 08:25, said:

 

On a more serious note, these codes provided us with an alternative format to gather more data on what players wanted in terms of missions or event.  Yes, one of the concern with the missions tab clutter, but that wasn't the only reason.  With the codes, we were able to add the "cash back" function to the T110E4 on track for example.  This isn't a permanent thing by any means, and we have expressed the community concern with our developers as well as our own.

 

So, rather than simply making it an easy switch in the UI, you start using a method that 1) could easily be missed by people who do not closely monitor the WoT web site, skewing the results 2) results in a degraded user experience for those who know where to find the codes 3) makes it more difficult to track progress on missions. Unless I am missing something, for 3, the UI used to show number of completed 'play your tank class right' missions for the diploma and I am not seeing that in an obvious place since the change.

 

If you really want to know what people want, just do a survey and stop making the overall experience worse.



SporkBoy #34 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 23:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 48934 battles
  • 2,871
  • [PZB] PZB
  • Member since:
    02-06-2014
I enter the on track code even if I am not playing tanks in the line - what data driven decision benefits from my super valuable and exclusive data point?


I enter every code I hear about - as if every mission was existing in the missions tab before the code fiasco.

Funny, no e of the tournament missions require a code. Hmmmm.

VeeTee #35 Posted Apr 27 2019 - 00:11

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 66485 battles
  • 19
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

Having to enter codes (date sensitive) from multiple, random, different web pages or ones only appearing for 3 second on screen showing of a 12 letter code with a guy wearing a bow tie (who frequently has the wrong code, not his fault), for every mission, is an asinine solution to what was a non-problem.  

 

At least I don't need to enter codes to enable the sheriffs missions...



Exiledcrow #36 Posted Apr 27 2019 - 01:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 50387 battles
  • 2,534
  • [GURUS] GURUS
  • Member since:
    11-26-2011
TBH the only way I buy the "data gathering" excuse is if WG is doing an experiment on user dissatisfaction with pointless hoop-jumping.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users