wheel french wheeled

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

owlgator #21 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 19:15

Captain

• Players
  • 15476 battles
  • [W--W] W--W

I suck at lights, so WG should wait until I play them to determine if they are OP.

Now if they only gave you some experience compensation back on the AMX ELC...

Nutzo #22 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 19:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 47936 battles
  • [K-BBQ] K-BBQ

View Postflintt, on Apr 29 2019 - 08:20, said:

WG, you will be losing a customer that has been playing WOT since 2011............The wheeled vehicles defy physics.....No vehicle on earth can zigzag like they do on snow/ice/mud/sand and not loose traction and slide out.....When I play my LTTB and try to zigzag i always slide out of control....The wheeled vehicle are like cartoon cars and are ruining the game...Not to mention the forwards/reverse issues...Please fix them.

every little bump carries to possiblity of death in the wheeled lights because they're easy to flip if you even look away or blink at a bad moment, i can't say the same when playing tracked lights

VooDooKobra #23 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 19:18

Major

• Players
  • 9992 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostGeoMonster, on Apr 29 2019 - 09:01, said:

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with Clown Cars.  All characteristics are perfectly defined and implemented.  One such characteristic deals with the tires.  I shot a Tier 9 Wheeled Vehicle yesterday with my Tier 10 E-100 TD (pen of 299) from a distance of 10 meters and perfectly broadsided .... and the shell bounced off the tire for NO damage at all ... no tracking damage, etc.  NO DAMAGE PERIOD.  And the vehicle was just about stationary as he didn't see me slip up next to him from behind a building (he was focused elsewhere). 

That sounds like a perfect implementation to me!  I have bounced SO MANY TD shells of those perfectly defined tires it is amazing.  In fact, I have had more arty kill shots on Clown Cars than I have had TD shots doing damage when hitting the tires!

that tier 10' one I nailed in my doomturtle sure bounced though as I blew him up.  It was fun

ProfessionalFinn #24 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 19:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 26081 battles

View Postflintt, on Apr 28 2019 - 23:20, said:

WG, you will be losing a customer that has been playing WOT since 2011............The wheeled vehicles defy physics.....No vehicle on earth can zigzag like they do on snow/ice/mud/sand and not loose traction and slide out.....When I play my LTTB and try to zigzag i always slide out of control....The wheeled vehicle are like cartoon cars and are ruining the game...Not to mention the forwards/reverse issues...Please fix them.

How about dead crew members returning back to life.  Does this bug you?

mbrolin #25 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 19:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33965 battles

View PostProfessionalFinn, on Apr 29 2019 - 18:23, said:

Nope. Jesus did it, so there's a precedent. No one can off road in a armored car at those speeds. Tracks are better then wheels on uneven, ie off road, every single time. 

owlgator #26 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 19:32

Captain

• Players
  • 15476 battles
  • [W--W] W--W

View PostProfessionalFinn, on Apr 29 2019 - 12:23, said:

Interesting - I always thought they were knocked out and not killed.

Professor_Moar_Arty #27 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 20:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39131 battles
  • [FRAGD] FRAGD

View PostThatoneguyKaz, on Apr 29 2019 - 10:24, said:

My only issue js that their wheels make them far more tanky than  they should be. I dont feel they should be able to absorb shots like they do

yeah, those tires are made of Invulnerabilium

JLD_gunner #28 Posted Jul 04 2019 - 07:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8407 battles

Correct, this is a game and not a simulation.  However, it doesn't mean it can't get better.  They are trying to make it "somewhat" realistic or at least consistent.  The problem is wheeled vehicles are beyond tank video game and into the realm of space craft, defying any and all laws of physics.

I like the game and get it is not a simulation.  My OPINION is they should change two things:

1) Focus wheeled vehicles on active scouting and remove the fully stabilized, spacecraft like on the move shooting and don't let them drive without any consequences, e.g. have to slow down for tight turns or risk rolling.

2) I would get rid of on field arty and replace with spotter vehicle controlling off map arty that acts closer to real life....call in battery fire mission on spots with some realistic delay, but greater suppression capability and larger impact area.  Kill the spotter vehicle and that battery is out.  Arty folks progress through larger and larger calibers for bigger impacts in higher tier games.  Current arty is just a tank lobbing super accurate indirect individual rounds.  

#1 is definitely doable, not sure about #2.

spud_tuber #29 Posted Jul 04 2019 - 16:18

Major

• Players
  • 58950 battles

View Postowlgator, on Apr 29 2019 - 12:32, said:

Interesting - I always thought they were knocked out and not killed.

Yeah, the in game voice notification seems to go both ways on this.  Frankly, I think it was originally intended to be dead, but somewhere midstream WG decided to switch to knocked out for immersion or ratings reasons, but failed to go back and change everything that referenced the crewman being killed.

Also tagged with wheel, french, wheeled

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users