Jump to content


So the FV4005 nerf...


  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

D_Paw_ #1 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 18:36

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22500 battles
  • 47
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014

I don't even get what the nerf was suppose to do. Didn't give the FV a play style just killed it more, so back to its old name.

Here's a table of its stats compared the death-star and before it was ever buffed. Number next to name is the patch.

I have both FVs from patch 1.5 compared, the bold stats are the better ones.


Stat FV4005 (1.5) FV4005 (1.41) FV4005 (9.20) FV215b 183 (1.5)
Ammo Capacity 20 20 12 20
Aim Time 3.55 2.88 2.88 3.26
Dispersion 0.40 0.36 0.36

0.38

Forward/Reverse Speed 32/8 35/12 35/12 34.3/12
Tank Traverse Speed 27.11 31.29 31.29 25.03
Power/Weight 18.62 18.62 12.79 13.33
Hull Armor 76.2/50.8/38.1 76.2/50.8/38.1 76.2/50.8/38.1 152.8/50.8/76.2
Turret Armor 14/14/14 14/14/14 14/14/14 254/177.8/31.8
Gun Depression 10 10 5 5

Stats are from tanks.gg (Link)


After looking at this the FV4005 has no reason to be grind out for unless you want all the tanks in the game. If you

want a new tier 10 I wouldn't even bother getting this one now. Yes I have the tank and yes I'm going to get a different 

tier 10 now.

 

 

 



JunkaTheAdmirable #2 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 18:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 24742 battles
  • 2,112
  • [4ORCE] 4ORCE
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

It's a really dumb nerf considering that the tank already doesnt perform that well according to the winrate curves.

 

http://forum.worldof...nk-curve-stats/

 

Im considering just buying back the conway because with the nerf it basically can't snipe anymore, which makes it useless on open maps. The only thing it can still do is make close range trades on city maps.



ThatoneguyKaz #3 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 18:59

    Captain

  • Players
  • 21694 battles
  • 1,573
  • Member since:
    02-28-2013

View PostJunkaTheAdmirable, on Apr 29 2019 - 18:52, said:

It's a really dumb nerf considering that the tank already doesnt perform that well according to the winrate curves.

 

http://forum.worldof...nk-curve-stats/

 

Im considering just buying back the conway because with the nerf it basically can't snipe anymore, which makes it useless on open maps. The only thing it can still do is make close range trades on city maps.

 

so dont upgrade from conway you say

JunkaTheAdmirable #4 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 19:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 24742 battles
  • 2,112
  • [4ORCE] 4ORCE
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

View PostThatoneguyKaz, on Apr 29 2019 - 18:59, said:

 

so dont upgrade from conway you say

 

The conway is really good, and still has 200 pen with the hesh for like 700 alpha. Thats solid against tier 7s and 8s. Better camo (a little), better accuracy, tougher turret, better mobility, smaller profile...

Edited by JunkaTheAdmirable, Apr 29 2019 - 19:05.


Goat_Rodeo #5 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 19:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 19336 battles
  • 2,192
  • [DHO4] DHO4
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014

View PostJunkaTheAdmirable, on Apr 29 2019 - 18:02, said:

 

The conway is really good, and still has 200 pen with the hesh for like 700 alpha. Thats solid against tier 7s and 8s. Better camo (a little), better accuracy, tougher turret, better mobility, smaller profile...

 

I said the same thing on another thread and got near flamed. Conway will be better than its higher tier counterpart. GJ WG, way to cater to the few dozen YouTube videos that make it look OP. 

The crapBarn is just a straight up can’t do anything tank, thanks WG for another balanced approach...



FrozenKemp #6 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 19:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 60589 battles
  • 11,826
  • [ALLY] ALLY
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011
The 4005 is probably still going to be better than the 183 at sniping from many kinds of cover because of its turret. 

JunkaTheAdmirable #7 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 19:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 24742 battles
  • 2,112
  • [4ORCE] 4ORCE
  • Member since:
    02-21-2014

View PostFrozenKemp, on Apr 29 2019 - 19:14, said:

The 4005 is probably still going to be better than the 183 at sniping from many kinds of cover because of its turret. 

 

 The only advantage the 4005 has now is mobility and gun depression. Conceivably it can creep a ridge, but with the longer aim time, worse accuracy, and slower reverse speed, youre more likely to take catastrophic damage and less likely to land a shot. The 183 now has objectively better aim time and dispersion.

 

I'm hoping I can transfer my 4005 crew back to conway, and use the crew without penalty in the 183 if/when they sell for bonds. We'll see.


Edited by JunkaTheAdmirable, Apr 29 2019 - 19:21.


Waarheid #8 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 19:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 25303 battles
  • 2,564
  • Member since:
    09-30-2017

View PostJunkaTheAdmirable, on Apr 29 2019 - 19:19, said:

 

 The only advantage the 4005 has now is mobility and gun depression. Conceivably it can creep a ridge, but with the longer aim time, worse accuracy, and slower reverse speed, youre more likely to take catastrophic damage and less likely to land a shot. The 183 now has objectively better aim time and dispersion.

 

I'm hoping I can transfer my 4005 crew back to conway, and use the crew without penalty in the 183 if/when they sell for bonds. We'll see.

 

With no turret armor, and a turret that rises two feet above the gun mantlet, there will be no ridge line creeping unless you’re behind a ginormous bush. The nerf to the reverse speed is the killer. I’ll have to play a few games, but my guess is that she’s now a useless pig.

Edited by Waarheid, Apr 29 2019 - 19:27.


xXTheGameAceXx #9 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 19:27

    Captain

  • Players
  • 16809 battles
  • 1,152
  • [_WOO_] _WOO_
  • Member since:
    10-07-2015

View PostJunkaTheAdmirable, on Apr 29 2019 - 12:52, said:

It's a really dumb nerf considering that the tank already doesnt perform that well according to the winrate curves.

 

http://forum.worldof...nk-curve-stats/

 

Im considering just buying back the conway because with the nerf it basically can't snipe anymore, which makes it useless on open maps. The only thing it can still do is make close range trades on city maps.

 

It's mostly because of the "muh HE no skill and OP damage" complainers if I had to take a guess on why they nerfed it. Personally I've never found it annoying to fight a Barn unless I have no way to flank or safely snipe at it in a squishy tank.

elemantis #10 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 19:29

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25220 battles
  • 437
  • [DEVON] DEVON
  • Member since:
    03-07-2016
i have the fv and i think its stupid to leave the alpha.... no tank should be able to one shot a higher tier tank. they should have brought alpha down a few hundred and left everything else. 2200 potential is fuking gross....

leeuniverse #11 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 19:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 42927 battles
  • 8,556
  • [LAMP] LAMP
  • Member since:
    01-30-2013

The FV Nerf really shows Wargaming's incompetence...

 

The tank was already CRAP in the ways they nerfed it, so much so that it wasn't worth playing.

The way it needed to be nerfed was its HIGH DAMAGE!!!!  And then buff other things, speeds mainly.

 

Jerks.



xXTheGameAceXx #12 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 19:31

    Captain

  • Players
  • 16809 battles
  • 1,152
  • [_WOO_] _WOO_
  • Member since:
    10-07-2015

View Postelemantis, on Apr 29 2019 - 13:29, said:

i have the fv and i think its stupid to leave the alpha.... no tank should be able to one shot a higher tier tank.

 

Have you discovered Tier XI tanks now? :hiding:

mbrolin #13 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 19:32

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 42487 battles
  • 702
  • Member since:
    12-01-2013

View Postelemantis, on Apr 29 2019 - 18:29, said:

i have the fv and i think its stupid to leave the alpha.... no tank should be able to one shot a higher tier tank. they should have brought alpha down a few hundred and left everything else. 2200 potential is fuking gross....

 

Why? I think it is perfectly okay.

elemantis #14 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 19:36

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25220 battles
  • 437
  • [DEVON] DEVON
  • Member since:
    03-07-2016
well lets think about it, ypu work hard to get to tier 10, if you poke just one time 8nstead of getting slapped in the face for 750 you die.... or take 1750 dmg. the fv has the potential to change an entire game in a single click. they took arty ap shells out and they nerfed the he in the type 5... but left the only other tank with 1750 he on the field.

sure its a big target with little armor, but all it needs is to teade 1 successful shot and it will win.

dont get me wrong i like my fv, but even as an fv player it seems silly to make a player pay 20000 credits and go to garage for 1 little slip up.

surely other could agree with me on some level?

elemantis #15 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 19:37

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25220 battles
  • 437
  • [DEVON] DEVON
  • Member since:
    03-07-2016
i mean why not make it like a moble jage100? instead on 1750 give it like 1200 or something. keep those original movement speeds.

mbrolin #16 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 19:38

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 42487 battles
  • 702
  • Member since:
    12-01-2013

View Postelemantis, on Apr 29 2019 - 18:36, said:

well lets think about it, ypu work hard to get to tier 10, if you poke just one time 8nstead of getting slapped in the face for 750 you die.... or take 1750 dmg. the fv has the potential to change an entire game in a single click. they took arty ap shells out and they nerfed the he in the type 5... but left the only other tank with 1750 he on the field.

sure its a big target with little armor, but all it needs is to teade 1 successful shot and it will win.

dont get me wrong i like my fv, but even as an fv player it seems silly to make a player pay 20000 credits and go to garage for 1 little slip up.

surely other could agree with me on some level?

 

sorry if it doesn't bother me, but it doesn't And it's quite fun to do to others. If the KV-2 can exists at Tier 6 then there should be something similar in Tier 10. Maybe don't poke around corners that you don't know what's around them if it bothers you so much. I've farmed more damage from FV with their no armor turret then the damage they've done to me. They need something for how bad they suck.

Edited by mbrolin, Apr 29 2019 - 19:40.


elemantis #17 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 19:42

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25220 battles
  • 437
  • [DEVON] DEVON
  • Member since:
    03-07-2016
except at tier 6 you have spend a fraction of the time getting there, and the repair bill is much much much lower. you should be rewarded for getting to tier 10 with more then a single mistake game....

elemantis #18 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 19:43

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25220 battles
  • 437
  • [DEVON] DEVON
  • Member since:
    03-07-2016
besides the fvs, name 1 tank that can one shot that high? i think the jageroo is the closest with 1100?

elemantis #19 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 19:45

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25220 battles
  • 437
  • [DEVON] DEVON
  • Member since:
    03-07-2016
old type 5 had 1400 and t92 is 1200?. and yes i agree a large portion of players in the fv are bad and expose the tank. but eith 108000 player playimg it no wonder it has bad overall wr.

mbrolin #20 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 19:50

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 42487 battles
  • 702
  • Member since:
    12-01-2013
I like the experience of one shooting people from time to time. Especially Purples. I never think about the time it takes to get somewhere. To me that is meaningless.All I think is is positioning, But to each their own.




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users