Why Lock Tanks. Lock Crews instead

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

164thLeichteAfrikaDiv #1 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 19:21

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19234 battles
  • [GSH] GSH
I have been thinking about tank locking. Doesn't really make sense. Theoretically new tanks are rolling of the manufacturing lines so losing a tank in a battle shouldn't result in that tank being locked out. I think a better idea would be to lock out the crew for the same time period. This would encourage people to maintain multiple high level crews that they could swap between their clan wars tanks. This to me makes more sense. What do you all think?

Ta_Hun_Kwai #2 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 19:42

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17291 battles

View Post164thLeichteAfrikaDiv, on Apr 29 2019 - 10:21, said:

I have been thinking about tank locking. Doesn't really make sense. Theoretically, new tanks are rolling off the manufacturing lines so losing a tank in a battle shouldn't result in that tank being locked out. I think a better idea would be to lock out the crew for the same time period. This would encourage people to maintain multiple high-level crews that they could swap between their clan wars tanks. This to me makes more sense. What do you all think?

Honestly, I've always felt that if a tank has died in one battle I should be able to go back to the garage and use it again in another battle the same way an unnamed game does it, I've never taken the crew into account, but now that you have brought it up I would make one small change be allowed to use the last crew again so long as they are only alive or wounded if the crew has a dead member the crew can't be used till a replacement fills in the dead member place

BigDollarBillz #3 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 19:51

Major

• Players
  • 38772 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
The tank is only locked out for the battle of the land if you're talking about CW. So it is locked out for one battle or maybe a few battles if your clan has a good night. So why would they just lock out the crew? I think the tank getting locked out is the better way to go. But that is just my opinion.

PotatoLegend99 #4 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 20:46

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 35389 battles

Theoretically new tanks take more than a day to manufacture, whether WW2 or modern day, in addition to the time it would take to transport the tank to the battlefield, and theoretically assuming your nation has the resources to even produce anymore tanks whereas theoretically you can have thousands of people learn to operate a single dummy tank per week.

Anyways, no, is my answer. This system would benefit pay-to-play players (which clan wars is kinda meant to benefit us no lifers without jobs) and top land holding clans that would just retrain crews from other tanks with gold or retrain a completely new crew without skills. I think every CW caller would take a 277 with a 100% crew over an IS4 with a 4-8 skilled crew. And even many free players like me could train a crew from 90-100% in an hour. I like where your mind is though!

Hellsfog #5 Posted Apr 29 2019 - 20:52

Major

• Players
  • 38278 battles
This is dumb. Tanking locking is a bad idea. This idea is worse. 

SystemRename177180002 #6 Posted May 01 2019 - 00:51

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8 battles

View Post164thLeichteAfrikaDiv, on Apr 29 2019 - 19:21, said:

I have been thinking about tank locking. Doesn't really make sense. Theoretically new tanks are rolling of the manufacturing lines so losing a tank in a battle shouldn't result in that tank being locked out. I think a better idea would be to lock out the crew for the same time period. This would encourage people to maintain multiple high level crews that they could swap between their clan wars tanks. This to me makes more sense. What do you all think?

Hey forrest.Are you stupid or something?

Ghastly_OwO #7 Posted May 20 2019 - 19:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21848 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
Do you even know how hard is to get multiple 6-7 perk crews for each tank?

_Smang_ #8 Posted May 20 2019 - 19:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38058 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
You have to consider the source. Gsh run German tanks in cw. Gwe, grille, jpanz, leo, 50m, pz4, maus, e100, (vkk). By choosing to play one nation exclusively tank locking affects them more than non sadists. Waiting to hear how locking isnt fair from a polish national only cw clan any second now...

Edited by _Smang_, May 20 2019 - 19:57.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users