Wargaming needs to start thinking about the future...

WorldofTanks Premium Gold Ammo Maps Ranked FrontLine Matchmaking Campaigns

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

mastercam #1 Posted Apr 30 2019 - 03:49

Private

• Players
  • 15208 battles

Dear Wargaming, 

The game state at which your game is in is quite horrendous. If you haven't seemed to notice the declining interest in your game on twitch seems to be progressing faster than the dedicated players that are leaving the game. I would like to seem the game progress, but World of Warships is doing far better to support it's communities interests in the past two years than you have managed in the past six years.

You're intentions for the game in the eyes of a good portion of players has been to sacrifice the game you've created, and abused it and us (the community) for money. The recent changes to premium have seemed quite desperate to receive more money from players who are either new or are stuck grinding tanks that are abominations. I understand you need to pay staff to continue work on the game, but to add a premium "World of Tanks premium" on top of the already existing WarGaming premium. I appreciate the extra experience bonuses and the "extra" map ban. In all honesty this seemed quite hilarious. As a player highly expecting to be able to rid myself of the poorly designed maps or in the very least the maps that hinder the gameplay for entire classes of tanks. For there to only be one map out of 37 is just a joke. At the very least give us the map rotations when a player is online and allow us to ban maps based on the rotations. I would prefer to see the maps redesigned to fix the issues above rather than seeing which maps are always wanting to be banned.

Gold ammo has always had a special place in my heart, yet it's not a very good place I must admit. Gold ammo has been an issue for quite some time now and it seems the whole of the company has chosen to ignore it. I understand the lawsuit that had followed concerning gold ammo not "doing as it should" when people had to pay real money for it, but in the current version people are allowed to buy it with credits so this is of no issue to the company. All I'm asking is to reconsider how the ammo works or perhaps limit the use of the equipment. I recently played the World of Tanks Classic gamemode and was quite intrigued at how the game has changed for the better or in many cases the worse. The subtle reduction of gold ammo capping was very surprising and greeted me with wonderful ideas for the game such as only allowing tanks of any kind to load a third or possibly a fourth of gold ammo determined by their ammo capacity. Tanks such as the E-100, Scorpion G, etc...(this can apply to nearly all tanks including those at lower tiers). This "mechanic" in the game seems to hold newer players back when they see that they can only shoot gold and get away with it or newer players that can run premium and personal reserves to maybe make five thousand credits. This is awful design and only holds the game back for people by capping their skill levels since with higher penetrating shells fully loaded in a tank allows a player to rely less on their knowledge of tanks and just be able to free fire at any are on a tank that shows either a flat surface or completely diminish a tanks special trait. 

The appreciation I have for maps created in world of tanks are quite high. For the majority of my game time I have enjoyed maps, their reworks, and the occasional discontinuation of unliked maps. However the way maps are now, where we can only ban one as stated as above is a joke. Some maps that have been in the game for several years or even the ones for less than a significant amount of time to gather statistics need to be reworked or completely removed from certain matchmaking. In the even to get Mines, Ghost town, Ensk, or even Widepark(for lower tiers since it was updated to tier six) are just too small for higher tiers than wargaming has allotted them to. Other maps like Highway, Erlenberg, and Mountain pass have slight irregularities in maps that can cause massive swaying in games. In Highway the North, for the majority of its games, wins the city and has a huge advantage to either defend or attack based on the teams motives. Erlenberg is still a massive camp fest on either side of the map, despite the design of the map looking beautiful and unique, despite the numerous slight reworks or major reworks on the map. Mountain pass a massive issue with the middle of the map offering up to both teams the opportunity to fire across the middle. This can offer great rewards or in some cases whole wins. Allowing fast mediums and light tanks that are unspotable from either opposing bush most inward near the middle depression. Some maps are so abysmal that they should be completely removed or reworked. I would love to see wargaming actually try to take true statistics across all tiers for their maps and attempt to accurately adjust them over time and study their popularity.

In order to sum up the rest of the issues I'm wanting to discuss will mildly be brought up here as they are simple conditions that wargaming seems to not take action on. For ranked I would love to see a general system that doesn't benefit those that choose to only sit back and farm damage. These players are a disgrace to the community that try to only farm damage and play relatively "safe" without a care for their team, because as long as they have decent damage and mild spotting or supporting damage they will receive rank up tokens and be guaranteed to rank up. I would prefer this stat be based off of wins like a normal ranked game to decide someones skill rating with at a minimum 5 tanks on smaller(ish) maps to allow for coordination among players and give a competitive vibe to the game. This in my opinion is a step in the right direction in order for this game to finally resurge to the top of twitch and possibly revive the esports scene that died years ago. For Frontline, it was quite disappointing to be left with the same map we had already experienced. They seemed to have plenty of time to come up with another decently sized creative map. As well as any rewards that were "new" just seemed repetitive and dull. For matchmaking(mm), I honestly love the new system, yet I'm sadly still disappointed to find myself in 3-5-7 matchmaking. It seems Wargaming does not understand what the community wants since we get 4-11, 5-10, and 6-9 mm within one tier tanks. However, if we are asking to change the poorly designed 3-5-7 mm where if you're a tier 8 tiger unable to penetrate Maus' and E-100's... then why would we ever ask to still have it implemented into the game. This is a huge developer decision that could cost their game serious player number's or even revenue(since they seem to only be after this is some people's eyes). Finally, I would like to discuss the campaigns. I appreciate the new tanks they are trying to incorporate, but some missions are absurd. Like a medium tank mission to set a tank on fire causing players to go out into battles and clearly throw games trying to complete a mission. They have been mostly reworked and are perfectly fine, but there are still some overly rng heavy missions. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this lengthy post, and I hope Wargaming reads this and decides to act on some undesirable or wanted features for their games. Thank you guys for what you do at Wargaming, but if the game continues down its current path I am sad to say you will lose another veteran that has been a part of clan wars, stronghold battles, and numerous small tournaments. 

Sincerely, mastercam.

AverageWannabe #2 Posted Apr 30 2019 - 03:56

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7354 battles

Dude, enjoy the game!

It is improving fast. I joined last november and my experience is way better now with all the improvements. You guys need to relax, stop being so OCD.

Cheers

tanopasman62 #3 Posted Apr 30 2019 - 04:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 21375 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_
TL;DR waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

FastForward7 #4 Posted Apr 30 2019 - 04:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11619 battles

View PostAverageWannabe, on Apr 30 2019 - 03:56, said:

Dude, enjoy the game!

It is improving fast. I joined last november and my experience is way better now with all the improvements. You guys need to relax, stop being so OCD.

Cheers

No, it really isn't. Do you think it's possible that someone who's been here for 7 years has a better grasp on the direction of the game than someone who's barely half a year? The shrinking player base should be some indication of the direction the game is heading. I know you haven't been here for long, but did you know the game used to have two servers, and now it has only one for NA? Do you think that happened just for funsies, or because the game is growing? 

View Posttanopasman62, on Apr 30 2019 - 04:06, said:

TL;DR waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

Grow up. OP made a reasonable post, and all you can do is act like a six year old. Even on an anonymous internet forum, you should be embarrassed. 

Hans_Sprungfeld #5 Posted Apr 30 2019 - 04:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 19261 battles
Stopped reading at "you're intentions" (sic).

Garandster #6 Posted Apr 30 2019 - 04:16

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6134 battles

You don't need to buy both types of premium time, WoT premium gives you everything that standard premium does plus more. If you play multiple titles, then this becomes an issue, but I think for most people they are just playing one title. If you buy standard time you will get the big part of a premium accounts benefit still and its probably the best value if you play both main titles.

They are working on improving ranked this season with new changes. I don't think WoT will ever make it big in esports, you would need to ban the use of premiums & reward vehicles from large events like tournaments to remove any hint of a possible P2W element. Frontlines is getting a new map added (I agree it will be nice to see). The tier spread has been reducing over the years and we now just have a two tier spread. Any less and it could hurt the variety of tanks you see and also reduces some of the challenge of the game.

slantytank #7 Posted Apr 30 2019 - 04:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34044 battles

View PostFastForward7, on Apr 29 2019 - 19:14, said:

No, it really isn't. Do you think it's possible that someone who's been here for 7 years has a better grasp on the direction of the game than someone who's barely half a year? The shrinking player base should be some indication of the direction the game is heading. I know you haven't been here for long, but did you know the game used to have two servers, and now it has only one for NA? Do you think that happened just for funsies, or because the game is growing? 

Exactly. And why is it that about 70% of the time I get assigned the Mexican server even though it is SLOWER and has a far worse ping? It's because this stupid game is all broken. Updates every few days, patches left, right, center, what a mess...

All they want is money, glad to never have paid for this.

jt1alta #8 Posted Apr 30 2019 - 04:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43450 battles
Great idea on WG posting the map rotation for the day. When you feel like you have been doing nothing but playing Paris, being able to exclude it, would be helpful to morale.

mastercam #9 Posted Apr 30 2019 - 04:25

Private

• Players
  • 15208 battles

View PostGarandster, on Apr 30 2019 - 03:16, said:

You don't need to buy both types of premium time, WoT premium gives you everything that standard premium does plus more. If you play multiple titles, then this becomes an issue, but I think for most people they are just playing one title. If you buy standard time you will get the big part of a premium accounts benefit still and its probably the best value if you play both main titles.

They are working on improving ranked this season with new changes. I don't think WoT will ever make it big in esports, you would need to ban the use of premiums & reward vehicles from large events like tournaments to remove any hint of a possible P2W element. Frontlines is getting a new map added (I agree it will be nice to see). The tier spread has been reducing over the years and we now just have a two tier spread. Any less and it could hurt the variety of tanks you see and also reduces some of the challenge of the game.

For some reason I don't believe you're a player that plays this game very often. For them to ban out premium vehicles and allow players to actually play real tanks is not very hard, and frontline should've had the new map at the beginning or at the latest the month after it's new release. They have gone through 2 seasons of ranked and still don't see how you think they plan to update it if they fail a simple task as to making adjustments for the already finished second season. The tier spread has needed to be reduced for the fact that some tanks are incapable of actually penning opposing tanks 2 tiers higher. Just a personal opinion I suppose, but it just makes quality of life better for players playing low pen tanks or stock. And also I understand you're not paying for 2 premiums, it's just the fact they stack premium add-ons to the already included premium bonuses. 

Garandster #10 Posted Apr 30 2019 - 05:42

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6134 battles

View Postmastercam, on Apr 29 2019 - 22:25, said:

For some reason I don't believe you're a player that plays this game very often. For them to ban out premium vehicles and allow players to actually play real tanks is not very hard, and frontline should've had the new map at the beginning or at the latest the month after it's new release. They have gone through 2 seasons of ranked and still don't see how you think they plan to update it if they fail a simple task as to making adjustments for the already finished second season. The tier spread has needed to be reduced for the fact that some tanks are incapable of actually penning opposing tanks 2 tiers higher. Just a personal opinion I suppose, but it just makes quality of life better for players playing low pen tanks or stock. And also I understand you're not paying for 2 premiums, it's just the fact they stack premium add-ons to the already included premium bonuses. 

They said in an update that they want to try and rework the XP system in ranked to hopefully improve the gameplay and variety. Will it work? I'm doubtful, since most of the issues are player based. Winning rewards more than losing, but if your losing your main goal is to get more XP than anyone else to hopefully at least retain your current chevron level. If every loss lost you a chevron, people would quit out of frustration. You can't fix peoples attempts to min-max, but WG is trying something, at the very least you can't dismiss the fact they are at least attempting. You can't really just shrink the amount of tanks since you will run into issues with the map sizes being to big for something like 5 tanks per side.

I get people are impatient, but a new map is on the way for FL (again it will be a welcome sight). They are still making tweaks to balance the current one and work out the bugs. I'm sure before going ham and putting out multiple maps that would be time consuming to make they wanted to get feedback on the mode and get an idea on its popularity.

It can be a matter of opinion but +2/-2 IMO is needed to give the game variety and challenge. It forces you to not just play that same old class in the same old place. You have to change your playstyle based on team composition and tier placement. You need to bully, scout, flank, support, and snipe at different times against different opponents. If you can't pen the super heavy two tiers higher, then flank around or go pick on the tank one tier higher or the same tier.

Waylandie #11 Posted Apr 30 2019 - 05:48

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17111 battles

View Postmastercam, on Apr 30 2019 - 03:49, said:

Dear Wargaming, 

The game state at which your game is in is quite horrendous. If you haven't seemed to notice the declining interest in your game on twitch seems to be progressing faster than the dedicated players that are leaving the game. I would like to seem the game progress, but World of Warships is doing far better to support it's communities interests in the past two years than you have managed in the past six years.

You're intentions for the game in the eyes of a good portion of players has been to sacrifice the game you've created, and abused it and us (the community) for money. The recent changes to premium have seemed quite desperate to receive more money from players who are either new or are stuck grinding tanks that are abominations. I understand you need to pay staff to continue work on the game, but to add a premium "World of Tanks premium" on top of the already existing WarGaming premium. I appreciate the extra experience bonuses and the "extra" map ban. In all honesty this seemed quite hilarious. As a player highly expecting to be able to rid myself of the poorly designed maps or in the very least the maps that hinder the gameplay for entire classes of tanks. For there to only be one map out of 37 is just a joke. At the very least give us the map rotations when a player is online and allow us to ban maps based on the rotations. I would prefer to see the maps redesigned to fix the issues above rather than seeing which maps are always wanting to be banned.

Gold ammo has always had a special place in my heart, yet it's not a very good place I must admit. Gold ammo has been an issue for quite some time now and it seems the whole of the company has chosen to ignore it. I understand the lawsuit that had followed concerning gold ammo not "doing as it should" when people had to pay real money for it, but in the current version people are allowed to buy it with credits so this is of no issue to the company. All I'm asking is to reconsider how the ammo works or perhaps limit the use of the equipment. I recently played the World of Tanks Classic gamemode and was quite intrigued at how the game has changed for the better or in many cases the worse. The subtle reduction of gold ammo capping was very surprising and greeted me with wonderful ideas for the game such as only allowing tanks of any kind to load a third or possibly a fourth of gold ammo determined by their ammo capacity. Tanks such as the E-100, Scorpion G, etc...(this can apply to nearly all tanks including those at lower tiers). This "mechanic" in the game seems to hold newer players back when they see that they can only shoot gold and get away with it or newer players that can run premium and personal reserves to maybe make five thousand credits. This is awful design and only holds the game back for people by capping their skill levels since with higher penetrating shells fully loaded in a tank allows a player to rely less on their knowledge of tanks and just be able to free fire at any are on a tank that shows either a flat surface or completely diminish a tanks special trait. 

The appreciation I have for maps created in world of tanks are quite high. For the majority of my game time I have enjoyed maps, their reworks, and the occasional discontinuation of unliked maps. However the way maps are now, where we can only ban one as stated as above is a joke. Some maps that have been in the game for several years or even the ones for less than a significant amount of time to gather statistics need to be reworked or completely removed from certain matchmaking. In the even to get Mines, Ghost town, Ensk, or even Widepark(for lower tiers since it was updated to tier six) are just too small for higher tiers than wargaming has allotted them to. Other maps like Highway, Erlenberg, and Mountain pass have slight irregularities in maps that can cause massive swaying in games. In Highway the North, for the majority of its games, wins the city and has a huge advantage to either defend or attack based on the teams motives. Erlenberg is still a massive camp fest on either side of the map, despite the design of the map looking beautiful and unique, despite the numerous slight reworks or major reworks on the map. Mountain pass a massive issue with the middle of the map offering up to both teams the opportunity to fire across the middle. This can offer great rewards or in some cases whole wins. Allowing fast mediums and light tanks that are unspotable from either opposing bush most inward near the middle depression. Some maps are so abysmal that they should be completely removed or reworked. I would love to see wargaming actually try to take true statistics across all tiers for their maps and attempt to accurately adjust them over time and study their popularity.

In order to sum up the rest of the issues I'm wanting to discuss will mildly be brought up here as they are simple conditions that wargaming seems to not take action on. For ranked I would love to see a general system that doesn't benefit those that choose to only sit back and farm damage. These players are a disgrace to the community that try to only farm damage and play relatively "safe" without a care for their team, because as long as they have decent damage and mild spotting or supporting damage they will receive rank up tokens and be guaranteed to rank up. I would prefer this stat be based off of wins like a normal ranked game to decide someones skill rating with at a minimum 5 tanks on smaller(ish) maps to allow for coordination among players and give a competitive vibe to the game. This in my opinion is a step in the right direction in order for this game to finally resurge to the top of twitch and possibly revive the esports scene that died years ago. For Frontline, it was quite disappointing to be left with the same map we had already experienced. They seemed to have plenty of time to come up with another decently sized creative map. As well as any rewards that were "new" just seemed repetitive and dull. For matchmaking(mm), I honestly love the new system, yet I'm sadly still disappointed to find myself in 3-5-7 matchmaking. It seems Wargaming does not understand what the community wants since we get 4-11, 5-10, and 6-9 mm within one tier tanks. However, if we are asking to change the poorly designed 3-5-7 mm where if you're a tier 8 tiger unable to penetrate Maus' and E-100's... then why would we ever ask to still have it implemented into the game. This is a huge developer decision that could cost their game serious player number's or even revenue(since they seem to only be after this is some people's eyes). Finally, I would like to discuss the campaigns. I appreciate the new tanks they are trying to incorporate, but some missions are absurd. Like a medium tank mission to set a tank on fire causing players to go out into battles and clearly throw games trying to complete a mission. They have been mostly reworked and are perfectly fine, but there are still some overly rng heavy missions. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this lengthy post, and I hope Wargaming reads this and decides to act on some undesirable or wanted features for their games. Thank you guys for what you do at Wargaming, but if the game continues down its current path I am sad to say you will lose another veteran that has been a part of clan wars, stronghold battles, and numerous small tournaments. 

Sincerely, mastercam.

Someone didn't watch or read articles about the new premium.  You don't need both, and the price is the same.  So it's pretty clear it's not a cash grab.  Stopped reading after that because it became clear you are just complaining to complain.

Altwar #12 Posted Apr 30 2019 - 06:09

Major

• Players
  • 58597 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View Postslantytank, on Apr 29 2019 - 19:18, said:

Exactly. And why is it that about 70% of the time I get assigned the Mexican server even though it is SLOWER and has a far worse ping? It's because this stupid game is all broken. Updates every few days, patches left, right, center, what a mess...

All they want is money, glad to never have paid for this.

It's not the Mexican server and doesn't cater just to the three Mexican countries.  ;)  :trollface:   It's the South American server and it caters to our South American community as well as Central and Mexico, should they desire that.   I believe some players who normally play on the North American server get sent there when the NA server hits a certain number of players.  All of which means if you don't want to be put there, just unclick the auto server selection.  Not too strenuous an undertaking is that?   

As to the patches being done, that's a sign of fixes being made.  Would you rather Wargaming hold off on repairs until things really are broken, as opposed to your exaggerated/insinuated version of broken? 

Note:  just to be abundantly clear and to aid those who may be geographically challenged, there aren't 3 Mexican countries; rather that was me poking fun at a recent even where a news agency made it seem as if it were.  Carry on.

FastForward7 #13 Posted Apr 30 2019 - 06:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11619 battles

View PostAltwar, on Apr 30 2019 - 06:09, said:

where a news agency...

That's awfully generous of you. 

mastercam #14 Posted Apr 30 2019 - 07:27

Private

• Players
  • 15208 battles

View PostWaylandie, on Apr 30 2019 - 04:48, said:

Someone didn't watch or read articles about the new premium.  You don't need both, and the price is the same.  So it's pretty clear it's not a cash grab.  Stopped reading after that because it became clear you are just complaining to complain.

Complaining to complain when I clearly stated they are just stacked premiums on each other. Once you get the regular premium, the "extra" missions and vault and other worthless crapis added on. This is a "cash grab" since they are just promoting more advertisements for World of Tanks "premium" rather than just keeping a single wargaming premium and joining the addons to the original premium. Glad for your input since you clearly can't read past 5 lines without you're ego covering your eyes. 

Avalon304 #15 Posted Apr 30 2019 - 08:37

Major

• Players
  • 23683 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

Nah... the game does seem to be continually improving.

WoT Premium is meant for players who only play WoT. If you play the other titles get Wargaming premium. Not a cash grab. This seems like lots of complaints just to complain.

Blackstone #16 Posted Apr 30 2019 - 13:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 21959 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
Sorry, but complaints are white noise here. Try the Feedback forum for better results.

StoneTitan #17 Posted Apr 30 2019 - 14:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3990 battles
WOT for WOTs:facepalm:

redjkent #18 Posted Apr 30 2019 - 15:28

Captain

• -Players-
  • 98251 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB
dude you know this game is 8 years old, games this old do not keep the player base like they had 4 or 5 years ago, also without paying customers this game would die, i dont like freeloaders wish this game would get away from the free to play game

largeelvis #19 Posted Apr 30 2019 - 16:23

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20189 battles
There is no thinking about the future, it's just cash grab, cash grab, cash grab. That is how it is going to be for the duration.

FastForward7 #20 Posted Apr 30 2019 - 16:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11619 battles

View Postredjkent, on Apr 30 2019 - 15:28, said:

i dont like freeloaders wish this game would get away from the free to play game

That makes sense. In a game where player counts are already not half of what they used to be, the one thing we need is fewer players. I can tell you've thought this out.

Also tagged with WorldofTanks, Premium, Gold Ammo, Maps, Ranked, FrontLine, Matchmaking, Campaigns

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users