Wargaming needs to start thinking about the future...

WorldofTanks Premium Gold Ammo Maps Ranked FrontLine Matchmaking Campaigns

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

spud_tuber #21 Posted Apr 30 2019 - 16:53

Major

• Players
  • 59655 battles

View PostFastForward7, on Apr 30 2019 - 09:40, said:

That makes sense. In a game where player counts are already not half of what they used to be, the one thing we need is fewer players. I can tell you've thought this out.

"Freeloaders" are part of the product WG is selling.  They help keep the queues moving.  Therefore, WG has to keep enough of them happy enough to keep hitting battle.   Too much advantage to those willing to pay, and the "freeloaders" go away and queue times get ridiculous.   Too little advantage in paying, and not enough people spend money and the game isn't profitable anymore.

Yes, I know some games survive on cosmetic items only,  but WoT has too much history of paying providing an advantage that its customers expect an advantage. 

Waylandie #22 Posted Apr 30 2019 - 17:06

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17266 battles

View Postmastercam, on Apr 30 2019 - 07:27, said:

Complaining to complain when I clearly stated they are just stacked premiums on each other. Once you get the regular premium, the "extra" missions and vault and other worthless crapis added on. This is a "cash grab" since they are just promoting more advertisements for World of Tanks "premium" rather than just keeping a single wargaming premium and joining the addons to the original premium. Glad for your input since you clearly can't read past 5 lines without you're ego covering your eyes. 

Again you didn't read anything about this.  WOT Premium is meant for players that only play WOT.  I don't play any of the other games, so I don't care about any of the premium benefits in them.  Now I have a version of premium designed for players like me that costs the exact same.  It gives me a lot more benefits, will let me grind faster and earn almost a million extra credits a week all for the same price that I was paying before.  I don't think you understand what a "cash grab" is at all.

bgmp14 #23 Posted Apr 30 2019 - 18:08

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 28127 battles
  • [MAZUT] MAZUT

View Postspud_tuber, on Apr 30 2019 - 16:53, said:

"Freeloaders" are part of the product WG is selling.  They help keep the queues moving.  Therefore, WG has to keep enough of them happy enough to keep hitting battle.   Too much advantage to those willing to pay, and the "freeloaders" go away and queue times get ridiculous.   Too little advantage in paying, and not enough people spend money and the game isn't profitable anymore.

Yes, I know some games survive on cosmetic items only,  but WoT has too much history of paying providing an advantage that its customers expect an advantage. 

I am guessing here but I think WoT has older audience compared to the games able to survive on purely cosmetic items for sale. I would not bother paying for cosmetic changes. Paying in WoT does not make you win any given battle (at least I hope it does not make RNG favor you). Non-paying player can grind the tanks, get the perks, save up credits to load solid gold for a few battles. But it will take more time and pain.

the_Deadly_Bulb #24 Posted Apr 30 2019 - 18:24

Major

• Players
  • 28656 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostFastForward7, on Apr 29 2019 - 19:14, said:

Grow up. OP made a reasonable post, and all you can do is act like a six year old. Even on an anonymous internet forum, you should be embarrassed. 

Actually some of us are just a bit, no more than a bit, tired of the tedious "game is dying" noise from players who apparently don't understand attrition over time.

Its an 8 year old game.

Its not an easy game.

Many leave because its not an easy game.

Many have just left, hell some have likely died.

The OP posts yet another wall of text diatribe about the game dying.

When I see these posts I think of Professor Farnsworth.

Some just think "STFU crybaby".

Can't say I don't agree.

FastForward7 #25 Posted May 01 2019 - 01:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11619 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Apr 30 2019 - 18:24, said:

Actually some of us are just a bit, no more than a bit, tired of the tedious "game is dying" noise from players who apparently don't understand attrition over time.

Its an 8 year old game.

Its not an easy game.

Many leave because its not an easy game.

Many have just left, hell some have likely died.

The OP posts yet another wall of text diatribe about the game dying.

When I see these posts I think of Professor Farnsworth.

Some just think "STFU crybaby".

Can't say I don't agree.

Cool excuse, bro. You see, none of what you just said has anything to do with what I posted in response to tanopasman62. It's just a week attempt at justification on your part. 

OP has been here longer than you, or the child that mocked him, and posts basically never. If he has something he feels needs to be said, he's earned the right to speak his peace, as far as I'm concerned. He made a reasonable post, that wasn't the usual 'wg sucks this mm is such bs screw this game!' crap that we see here too often. So yeah, to reiterate my original post, if the only way someone is capable of responding to a reasonable post that they disagree with is "TL;DR waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh "

A) They're a jerk

B) They're probably an idiot. 

C) They should be embarrassed about A) and B)

toesave #26 Posted May 01 2019 - 01:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24283 battles
  • [DIXIE] DIXIE

View PostAverageWannabe, on Apr 30 2019 - 02:56, said:

Dude, enjoy the game!

It is improving fast. I joined last november and my experience is way better now with all the improvements. You guys need to relax, stop being so OCD.

Cheers

lol...   do not think for 1 minute this game will be around by this time next year....  

24cups #27 Posted May 01 2019 - 01:37

Major

• Players
  • 24689 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Posttoesave, on Apr 30 2019 - 19:34, said:

lol...   do not think for 1 minute this game will be around by this time next year....  

If you truly believe that you are not too bright. 

redjkent #28 Posted May 01 2019 - 01:44

Captain

• -Players-
  • 99423 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB

View PostFastForward7, on Apr 30 2019 - 15:40, said:

That makes sense. In a game where player counts are already not half of what they used to be, the one thing we need is fewer players. I can tell you've thought this out.

then put the freeloaders in there own match ups and let us who care about the game play in peace

the_Deadly_Bulb #29 Posted May 01 2019 - 01:54

Major

• Players
  • 28656 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostFastForward7, on Apr 30 2019 - 16:29, said:

Cool excuse, bro. You see, none of what you just said has anything to do with what I posted in response to tanopasman62. It's just a week attempt at justification on your part. 

OP has been here longer than you, or the child that mocked him, and posts basically never. If he has something he feels needs to be said, he's earned the right to speak his peace, as far as I'm concerned. He made a reasonable post, that wasn't the usual 'wg sucks this mm is such bs screw this game!' crap that we see here too often. So yeah, to reiterate my original post, if the only way someone is capable of responding to a reasonable post that they disagree with is "TL;DR waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh "

A) They're a jerk

B) They're probably an idiot. 

C) They should be embarrassed about A) and B)

You realise that neither myself nor tanopasman62 care how you feel?

Not to concerned with the OP feelz either.

This is just another in a long line of same topic threads.

FastForward7 #30 Posted May 01 2019 - 02:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11619 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on May 01 2019 - 01:54, said:

You realise that neither myself nor tanopasman62 care how you feel?

Not to concerned with the OP feelz either.

This is just another in a long line of same topic threads.

'I don't care what you or OP think, but I'm going to keep talking to you about it.'

Sure. Whatever makes you feel better about yourself, chief.

FastForward7 #31 Posted May 01 2019 - 02:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11619 battles

View Postredjkent, on May 01 2019 - 01:44, said:

then put the freeloaders in there own match ups and let us who care about the game play in peace

Honest question. What does "play in peace" mean to you? 

Also tagged with WorldofTanks, Premium, Gold Ammo, Maps, Ranked, FrontLine, Matchmaking, Campaigns

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users