scavenger hunt scavenger hunt codes

• Please log in to reply
410 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #1 Posted May 01 2019 - 19:15

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14675 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Tankers, the Scavenger Hunt is back, and better than ever!

We've incorporated a bunch of your feedback and made improvements to hopefully make the event more accessible to everyone. If you've never heard of the Scavenger Hunt or aren't sure what it's all about: All month during May, we will be releasing new bonus codes daily on our various social channels, and via our Community Contributors.

Here’s the Catch: Each code is only active for 2 days, starting at 06:20 CT on May 1st.

1st Code: Active from 06:20 CT on May 1st to 06:20 CT on May 3rd.

2nd Code: Active from 06:20 CT on May 2nd to 06:20 CT on May 4th

3rd Code: Active from 06:20 CT on May 3rd to 06:20 CT on May 5th

...so on and so forth, until May 31st.

The first code is available Today, 5/1 and you can get it right here on this forum post!

YMRTKR2Z

ACTIVE: 5/1 06:20 CST to 5/3 06:20 CST

So what exactly does this code give you? A set of personal missions tied directly to how many codes you redeem during the month of May. Here's how they work:

Each code you redeem will give you 1 "Secret Sign" Token. This token allows you to complete Personal Mission: "Scavenger Hunt" 1 time. That means that the number of times you're able to complete this mission directly correlates to how many codes you've gathered.

The more codes you gather during the month of May, the more missions you will be able to access, and the more rewards you will receive. Players will receive access to additional missions, based off of milestones for total number of May Scavenger Hunt Codes redeemed. You can review all the missions, and their corresponding rewards in the table below:

MISSION LIST

SCHEDULE

HOW TO KEEP TRACK

"Oh boy, Domo. That's a lot of text, and it's all pretty confusing! Why's this so complicated!?"

I know it seems complicated, but it's really not. It's just really difficult to quickly articulate via text. At a very basic level, here's what you need to know.

1. Redeem a Code

2. Login, place in top 10 XP earners on your team in a battle. 

3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 every day, up to 31 times, and get extra prizes.

4. Keep an eye on your tokens to make sure you're using the right tank for your 30th and 31st completions, because these will award XP to the vehicle that's used to complete the mission.

Side notes: 

• You don't have to log in and complete missions every day. The missions are active all month, so you can complete them at your own pace.
  • While you don't have to complete the missions every day, you've only got 48-hour windows to redeem the codes themselves.

I have tested today's code, as have several players in the WOT NA Discord;  it is working, and so are the missions. 

I have been informed that the button on the news article isn't working. Please click the link below for instructions on manual redemption.
HOW TO REDEEM A BONUS CODE

Edited by DomoSapien, May 22 2019 - 16:59.
Updated Schedule

DomoSapien #2 Posted May 01 2019 - 19:16

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14675 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
A bit of background behind the improvements that were made to the Scavenger Hunt format:

Over the course of the Scavenger Hunt so far, we’ve received 3 primary points of feedback from participants. Keeping these major pain points in mind, here’s how we hope that the improvements will address them:

1. Tracking: We’ve already touched on how the new format will improve tracking - players were gathering codes all month, without any confirmation as to how many codes they received credit for until the month was over.

Having the missions run month-long, concurrently with the event will allow players to utilize the in-game Mission interface to track how many codes they’ve received credit for. All you’ll need to keep track of is how many folder tokens you’ve received, and where to look for the next code.

2. Scheduling: Another common point; due to the mysterious nature of the Scavenger Hunt schedule, it was easy to ‘fall out of the loop’ if you missed even 1 code, primarily due to the lack of a formalized, published schedule.

Some CC’s release content later than others, which resulted in some confusion around the 48-hour window for code redemption.

This month, we’re publishing a full schedule at the beginning of the month. Keep in mind, CC’s are people too, and life happens; if anything changes, we will be sure to post updates to this article as they come up.

3. Timing: Missions for the February Scavenger Hunt went live in the beginning of March. Specifically, players had one weekend to complete missions and earn their Scavenger Hunt rewards. Having these missions run concurrently with the code-gathering period will allow players to complete these missions at their convenience. If you don’t have time to play during the week, you can gather codes all week then complete the corresponding missions during the weekend, complete them all at once, or complete them daily; you’re free to complete them at any pace, as long as you do it during the month of May.

5/1 UPDATE I have been given approval to give everybody who participates 3 extra "secret sign" tokens to A) make up for the fact that yet again the Scavenger Hunt was announced literally the day that it started and B) Give folks a chance to complete the "31 Codes" mission 3 days early. These tokens will go out around May 20th, to give as many players as possible a chance to receive them.

Edited by DomoSapien, May 01 2019 - 21:45.

Plays_With_Matches #3 Posted May 01 2019 - 19:27

Major

• Players
  • 29489 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
Nice! Thanks, that 30k XP should go a long way on some of the more painful grinds (a.k.a. Black Prince)!

Kramah313 #4 Posted May 01 2019 - 19:44

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3875 battles
Thanks Domo. So basically it’s like what you had at the beginning, except you just have to play a battle and get in the top 10 for each code sometime during the whole month? Awesome. 

NightmareMk9 #5 Posted May 01 2019 - 19:46

Major

• Players
  • 34305 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

Are we required to play every day for the boosters?  Or could we play 15 games on Day 15?

Are we required to play every day for the top rewards?

GenPanzer #6 Posted May 01 2019 - 19:50

Major

• Players
  • 43740 battles

View PostNightmareMk9, on May 01 2019 - 13:46, said:

Are we required to play every day for the boosters?  Or could we play 15 games on Day 15?

I am eager to know the answers to this. The last scavenger hunt was a month of collecting and, what, 3 days of playing to reap the rewards. Is it the same or do we have 24hrs to complete the missions as we get them, or the entire month, or what?

Garandster #7 Posted May 01 2019 - 19:52

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5641 battles
Awesome! Love the new setup and thanks for bringing the event back.

Budman717 #8 Posted May 01 2019 - 19:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 7810 battles

Great news, Domo, and thanks for setting this up.

But you know we need more details!!!!  So, I've entered today's code and it was accepted.  As I understand, I now have all month to complete the personal mission to earn a token from today's code, and will also have all month to earn the other tokens.  I can wait until May 29, for example, and earn 29 tokens that day if I chose to do so.  On May 31, I'll enter the last code.  How many days will I have after 5/31 to earn the last token and receive the 30,000 XP?

Edited by Budman717, May 01 2019 - 19:57.

DomoSapien #9 Posted May 01 2019 - 19:58

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14675 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostBudman717, on May 01 2019 - 12:54, said:

Great news, Domo, and thanks for setting this up.

But you know we need more details!!!!  So, I've entered today's code and it was accepted.  As I understand, I now have all month to complete the personal mission to earn a token from today's code.  On May 31, I'll enter the last code.  How many days do I have to earn that 31st token and receive the 30,000 XP?

I was looking at the mission plan, and it looks like you'll have to complete that one on the 31st. However, I am speaking with the event guys to see if we can't give everyone a few freebies like we did last time (which would help push your total to 31 a bit sooner, giving you a few extra days.)

View PostNightmareMk9, on May 01 2019 - 12:46, said:

You have all month to complete the missions. You are not required to play every day. The missions are active all month and you can complete them at your leisure.

So as an example, you could theoretically enter codes all week, then log in this weekend and complete a week's worth of missions in one day. 

(with the exception of the May 31st mission, that will need to be completed on the 31st, theoretically, but please refer to my comment above about getting everyone a few extra tokens because I'm going to do my best to make that happen.)

Budman717 #10 Posted May 01 2019 - 20:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 7810 battles

Thanks again, Domo.  I'd rather ask the questions now instead of making an assumption, be wrong, and get mad/frustrated.  Real life gets in my way too much (as you can see in my sig), so I need to make some future arraingements.

Edited by Budman717, May 01 2019 - 20:02.

Volcanic_lobster_220 #11 Posted May 01 2019 - 20:09

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7887 battles

Domo: Scavenger Hunt is back!

GAJohnie:

:teethhappy: But in all seriousness i'm super happy that the Hunt is back! i'm really impressed how laid out it is, everything even up to WHO, WHEN, and WHERE the codes will be, well done Domo! :) it's always awesome to get stuff for free just by entering codes, especially a garage slot and 40,000 XP.

GAJohnnie #12 Posted May 01 2019 - 20:10

Major

• Players
  • 10377 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Bookmark!

GAJohnnie #13 Posted May 01 2019 - 20:10

Major

• Players
  • 10377 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostVolcanic_lobster_220, on May 01 2019 - 14:09, said:

Domo: Scavenger Hunt is back!

GAJohnie:

:teethhappy: But in all seriousness i'm super happy that the Hunt is back! i'm really impressed how laid out it is, everything even up to WHO, WHEN, and WHERE the codes will be, well done Domo! :) it's always awesome to get stuff for free just by entering codes, especially a garage slot and 40,000 XP.

LOL!

GAJohnnie #14 Posted May 01 2019 - 20:12

Major

• Players
  • 10377 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostNightmareMk9, on May 01 2019 - 13:46, said:

Side notes: 

• You don't have to log in and complete missions every day. The missions are active all month, so you can complete them at your own pace.
  • While you don't have to complete the missions every day, you've only got 48-hour windows to redeem the codes themselves.

WhineMaker #15 Posted May 01 2019 - 20:23

Major

• Players
  • 36954 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

Be careful, the daily code mission to get the "Manual" token is only available once per day... :hiding:

Spoiler

If you want the full load of personal reserves(93), it looks like you need to play and complete the mission daily... 

JONDIESATTHEEND #16 Posted May 01 2019 - 20:25

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11654 battles
  • [GOD_] GOD_
I am looking forward to credit boosters mostly.

Edited by JONDIESATTHEEND, May 01 2019 - 20:28.

DomoSapien #17 Posted May 01 2019 - 20:33

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14675 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostWhineMaker, on May 01 2019 - 13:23, said:

Be careful, the daily code mission to get the "Manual" token is only available once per day... :hiding:

Spoiler

If you want the full load of personal reserves(93), it looks like you need to play and complete the mission daily... 

By design, it shouldn't only be once per day. The reason it's showing unavailable is that there's only 1 code out so far, so you can only complete it once, so far.

If it turns out to, in fact, be limited to 'once per day, we will reach out to the events team for an emergency fix because that's not how the event plan was designed.

EDIT: Also, good news! I got approval to give everybody who participates 3 extra tokens to  A) make up for the fact that yet again the Scavenger Hunt was announced literally the day that it started and B) Give folks a chance to complete the "31 Codes" mission 3 days early.

I will be adding a poll to this thread to get y'all's opinions on how many days the scavenger hunt should run moving forward. The issue with having codes drop every day of the month is that giving you guys more days after the 31st to complete would overlap with the June Scavenger Hunt. So we could theoretically limit it to, say, 25 days instead of 31, but then you would ultimately be receiving less boosters each month.

Edited by DomoSapien, May 01 2019 - 20:36.

omi5cron #18 Posted May 01 2019 - 21:05

Major

• Players
  • 22482 battles
just for insurance,i will be taking screenshots ...you never know.

DomoSapien #19 Posted May 01 2019 - 21:23

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14675 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postomi5cron, on May 01 2019 - 14:05, said:

just for insurance,i will be taking screenshots ...you never know.

Yes! Definitely, definitely make sure to take screenshots if you have any concerns about potential malfunctions!

YANKEE137 #20 Posted May 01 2019 - 21:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 13264 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

Community : " We are sick of all these codes!"

Domo:  "Hold my beer..."

Yeah man I know it's a completely unique thing (scavenger hunt) but the timing is bad right now with them forcing codes on us for everything. Good luck and wear your helmet.

Also tagged with scavenger hunt, scavenger, hunt, codes

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users