Good heavies to solo in (up to tier 7) for a newer player.

Heavy Tier 7 New player

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Hydraggedon #1 Posted May 02 2019 - 16:09

Private

• -Players-
  • 3300 battles
  • [PERCH] PERCH

Aside from the T29 (Im already grinding towards that) what are some good heavies that i can do well as a solo player? Since ive started ive played over 3.5k games (not all on this account only from tiers 1-7. Atm i dont have any intention of going higher in tiers because i want to grind really good crews and credits while getting better at the game. Ive heard the IS is good but i really liked the t150 and therfore researched the kv3. Also are the jap heavies worth it after the nurf? (tiers 9 and 10) i dont mind using the 14 cm (i prefer to aim for weakspots now because it makes me aim better in other tank classes) but i dont mind grinding the maus or e100 line mostly to complete the heavy tank and bloc missions so i can get the female crew members (dont really care for the tanks tbh).

But yeah any other suggestions in mediums (already am going down italian line and tried cromwell bu5 havent gotten hang of it) or tds (doing american thinking about british as i dotn care for derpy guns anyway i want my shot to go where i aim) and armor doesnt matter as im practicing to not get hit rather then rely on armor.

Grendalf #2 Posted May 02 2019 - 16:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20767 battles
  • [C92] C92

Hi there,

I would suggest the IS, which is a good tank and leads to great options after it. Solid performer, well-rounded tank. You could even pick up the Churchill III as a crew trainer really cheap, which  has good armor and gets preferential MM to make things a bit easier. Here is a link:

http://wiki.wargamin...33_Churchill_LL

Going through the KV-1 line along the way gives you another fine tank that is a great tier 5.

I like the German Super heavies better than the Japanese line now, though I have both through tier 10.

I am not a great player but have done well in these, by my standards. Hope it helps!

Edited by Grendalf, May 02 2019 - 16:27.

Panzerkind #3 Posted May 02 2019 - 16:25

Major

• Players
  • 35369 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ
IS and IS-2 are pretty good tier 7 heavies. 

The armor isn't very reliable, but it is quick enough to get around the map and the alpha damage lets you out-trade pretty much everything tier-for-tier. 

It's a great tank for fighting a corner and poking out quickly and punching people in the face. 

Hellsfog #4 Posted May 02 2019 - 16:29

Major

• Players
  • 37650 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostPanzerkind, on May 02 2019 - 10:25, said:

IS and IS-2 are pretty good tier 7 heavies. 

The armor isn't very reliable, but it is quick enough to get around the map and the alpha damage lets you out-trade pretty much everything tier-for-tier. 

It's a great tank for fighting a corner and poking out quickly and punching people in the face. 

Agreed and they have a viable dpm gun option is that is more your play style. 

Tuzban #5 Posted May 02 2019 - 16:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35130 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

From tier 5, KV-1 is really, really good. It has three competitive guns, and its armor holds up really well. Sure, it's a bit slow, but so are most heavies. Also, is leads to IS that's an excellent heavy/medium hybrid with a mean gun. You just have to hit your shots and preserve your hp. But, at the same time, it teaches you how to play Russian heaviums.

Another good tier 5 is the T1 Heavy. It doesn't have the best armor but it has lots of gun depression and lots of dpm. It also leads to M6 which is the same tank, but just more dpm and a better gun. Leading to the T29 that is a ridgeline monster.

You can't really go wrong with those two lines. I would stick to those two to begin with.

After that you should have a better idea of what you like. If more armor is your thing, go for 705A or IS-7 (they have quite different armor profiles, though, so do some research before picking one). If you like the heavium playstyle, Object 277 is really good. But, unfortunately, if peaking ridgelines is your thing, the best t8+ tanks for that are found from the British heavy tank line. Caernarvon, Conqueror, and Super Conqueror are all really, really good. And way better than the US t8+ heavies.

That should keep you busy for a while.

mlinke #6 Posted May 02 2019 - 17:08

Captain

• Players
  • 52729 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
I agree with is line. Even though the do not have a lot of gun depression. With t 29 you will have to learn to hide body as it is squishy and use your turret in hull down position. IS line has a better hull but not much gun depression so hull down is possible only behind obstacles, not as easy on hill like t29.

YANKEE137 #7 Posted May 02 2019 - 17:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 13290 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

Together or separately the Berlin Six bundle is worth a look :

IS-2 Berlin is great and has a BIA crew- a real bonus for new-ish. You'll be able to assign that crew to a tech tree heavy and still run it in the IS for training. 

Cromwell B is a favorite for Clan battles at T6, again with a BIA crew

Tiger 131- a great BIA crew and heavy trainer if you're planning to go German.

Rudy is a good medium, not the best, but good.

Thunderbolt plays is a bit odd as a slow medium with heavish armor. the crew though is still BIA if you want to go USA

Edited by YANKEE137, May 02 2019 - 17:26.

Hydraggedon #8 Posted May 03 2019 - 00:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 3300 battles
  • [PERCH] PERCH

Wanna thank you all for the suggestions

Yeah looks like ill stick with the t29 line for below tier 8 drfinatly will pick up the IS line and proabably the Maus and S. Conqueror  lines when im ready for t8 plus 

Again thanks o7

SquishySupreme #9 Posted May 04 2019 - 22:09

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2755 battles
KV1 line, then to the KV1-S  BUT...  You are well advised to use free XP to blow past the T28 medium and not waste your credits or time on it - it's made of tissue paper and an utter waste of metal.  

ChekrdDemon #10 Posted May 06 2019 - 20:49

Captain

• Players
  • 3000 battles
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T
The t-28 (The Big Green School Bus)  isnt that bad of a tank. Sure, its occupants provide most of the armor, but she is quick and if you unlock the top 57mm, she becomes a good sniper. Plus you unlock the 57 at tier 4 (for the t-34) plus a bunch of engines. Just keep your distance from the herp a derps and you will be fine...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users