• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

SwollenOstrich #21 Posted May 03 2019 - 01:43

Captain

• Players
  • 24595 battles

View Postmlinke, on May 02 2019 - 17:45, said:

It did not pee in your bed?? You got off easy. #banxvm

I had not checked the bedroom, but after you mentioned this I went and checked ... AND GUESS WHO I FOUND IN BED WITH MY WIFE!!!???

#BanXVM

Stugpendous #22 Posted May 07 2019 - 13:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 43733 battles
  • [CRGE] CRGE

XVM RIP

I used no mods besides the stat tracking at beginning of game, Did not have the % statistical chance of a win/loss. Never disparaged tomatos.

What XVM allowed me to do was adjust my gameplay:

A.- If i was swimming in Ketchup i would play trying to carry, putting an extra effort for the team trying to increase my direct damage.

B.- If the team was orange/yellow i would adjust and become more "support" trying to spot more to get "assisted damage"

C.- If the team was yellow/blue I would do my thing as a scout but keep an eye for the high rating players and help them when they were breaking through. Also, would replay those games to learn new tricks.

No XVM? no idea who's good or bad... wins and losses seem more like a gift/curse from the MM gods. And here is the crucial point i want to make:

MM works like a CHEAT directly form the DEVS at WG. its algorithm is cleverly designed to enhance the frustration level of ALL players: matches are unbalanced by design: Pairing up Pee Wee teams against varsity;  NFL all star teams against high school junior varsity teams. This fact is well documented.

XVM allowed me to balance mentally against a malevolent algorithm design.

Add to that that i play with a 70-100 ping and 90km/hr wheeled vehicles that cannot be properly lead. My initial personal verdict to uninstall when my premium account runs out is now final.

I wish WG in Minsk good luck in the future but i will have nothing to do with that company. thereafter.

Stugpendous #23 Posted May 07 2019 - 14:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 43733 battles
  • [CRGE] CRGE

View PostStugpendous, on May 07 2019 - 13:56, said:

Add to that that i play with a 70-100 ping and 90km/hr wheeled vehicles that cannot be properly lead. My initial personal verdict to uninstall when my premium account runs out is now final.

Addenda: isn't the wide "auto-lock" on wheeled vehicles a Cheat? the phisically impossible ultra-super-duper fast turret an unfair advantage in a class  of vehicles that are already OP compared to other scouts? LTTB used to be a great scout, i barely ever see it in the field now. it is mothballed by the community. ... This can be said for a lot of tanks. 

grandthefttankV #24 Posted May 07 2019 - 16:08

Major

• Players
  • 35328 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_
Xvm is FAKE NEWS. SAD!

VooDooKobra #25 Posted May 09 2019 - 06:21

Major

• Players
  • 9695 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View PostStugpendous, on May 07 2019 - 05:56, said:

XVM RIP

I used no mods besides the stat tracking at beginning of game, Did not have the % statistical chance of a win/loss. Never disparaged tomatos.

What XVM allowed me to do was adjust my gameplay:

A.- If i was swimming in Ketchup i would play trying to carry, putting an extra effort for the team trying to increase my direct damage.

B.- If the team was orange/yellow i would adjust and become more "support" trying to spot more to get "assisted damage"

C.- If the team was yellow/blue I would do my thing as a scout but keep an eye for the high rating players and help them when they were breaking through. Also, would replay those games to learn new tricks.

No XVM? no idea who's good or bad... wins and losses seem more like a gift/curse from the MM gods. And here is the crucial point i want to make:

MM works like a CHEAT directly form the DEVS at WG. its algorithm is cleverly designed to enhance the frustration level of ALL players: matches are unbalanced by design: Pairing up Pee Wee teams against varsity;  NFL all star teams against high school junior varsity teams. This fact is well documented.

XVM allowed me to balance mentally against a malevolent algorithm design.

I wish WG in Minsk good luck in the future but i will have nothing to do with that company. thereafter.

can you link that domumentation?

Stugpendous #26 Posted May 10 2019 - 14:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 43733 battles
  • [CRGE] CRGE

View PostVooDooKobra, on May 09 2019 - 06:21, said:

http://www.google.ca/patents/US8425330

Relevant text of the patent:

"According to another aspect, the matchmaking server may store a win/loss percentage for each user (or vehicle) at a given battle level. As the player’s win/loss ratio decreases, the player becomes more likely to be placed in battles having battle levels at the lower end of the allowable range, whereas as the player’s win/loss ration increases, the player becomes more likely to be placed in battles having battle levels at the upper end of the allowable range. Thus, when a player has been repeatedly put into too many difficult battles, the balancing is done in favor of easier battle sessions, thereby encouraging the player by providing an easier game environment. Similarly, when the player has been repeatedly put into too many easy battles, the balancing is done in favor of harder battle sessions, thereby keeping the player challenged instead of letting the player become bored with easy games."

Stugpendous #27 Posted May 10 2019 - 14:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 43733 battles
  • [CRGE] CRGE

View PostVooDooKobra, on May 09 2019 - 06:21, said:

But i'm not complaining about MM (incredible as that might seem) my complaint comes from having 87 tanks out of which only 10 at most are competitive and the rest are cannon fodder.

My main vehicle by far in the last 2 months has been the ELC Even 90 and it's 56% win rate tells you all you need to know. It is the only tank at my skill level where i can make a difference in the game whereas in the past i could use at least 20 and feel confident that i would not be target practice for the enemy team.

I suspect that at some point MM will have a big redo to bring back old mothballed tanks into a competitive environment. For example: never matching the MT-25 russian (useless) scout against the 178b OP (by comparison) french wheeled scout ... or by giving the MT-25 the physics defying insta lock turret to the russian fatboy.

Also tagged with Vanilla, XVM, Mods

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users