Incoming! Frontline Episode-4 Starts Monday!

KRZY Frontline yay Things to do

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

cloudwalkr #21 Posted May 10 2019 - 23:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 55955 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PostSwollenOstrich, on May 10 2019 - 18:06, said:

I think the armor on the objectives should be increased to 1000 on all sides. That way, the stupid morons that actually shoot them early in the match will just waste their time and the rest of us can focus on capturing bases and ranking up as the game is intended to be played. (Sure, the defenders will always win. Who cares. It is a 50/50 crap shoot anyway, just accept that your win/loss is based on simply what team you happened to spawn on and instead focus on capturing and damage).

Smart people get this.  The ones that rush will never understand.

Also WG, please nerf the air strike and arty strikes.  We don't need either one of them buffed as they already flood the mode.

Red_Arrow_Div #22 Posted May 11 2019 - 01:10

Private

• -Players-
  • 26821 battles
  • [PERCH] PERCH

A few things I'd like to see would be:
1) Make going between sectors at the first tier impossible. Example: If you get deployed in B, you fight in B, not drive over to overwhelm A.
2) Maybe add an objective, and split the last sector into 3 as well, so that when sector A and D are captured, one or two wheeled OP clown cars (worst addition to WOT ever) can buzz across to        objective 5 while the defenders are still defending C.
3) Completely ban use of premium ammo in this mode. It is used in randoms too much already so people only have skill by "2" key. Is it really needed in an all tier 8 battle platform? There is PLENTY of room for tactical maneuvers in this mode. No need for premium at all except to help the try-hards sitting on the map edges able to pen everything from max range.

Lucid_Nonsense_1 #23 Posted May 11 2019 - 02:31

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6707 battles
  • [4RENB] 4RENB

Block Quote

Finally, we changed the location of some Respawn positions. Players from the attacking team will now be able to avoid situations where they respawn too close to the base, surrounded by tanks of the defending team, and are destroyed almost immediately. Starting with the upcoming Episode, Respawns will be located further from the epicenter of the battle zones.

Ok, this is weird, the problem I kept having is respawning in the middle of the attackers when DEFENDING. Usually as the base is just about to be captured or just have been captured - you get dropped into the middle of unspotted attackers and explode. Usually a ring of TDs just waiting for the spawn. The opposite of what WG is saying.

Lucid_Nonsense_1 #24 Posted May 11 2019 - 02:51

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6707 battles
  • [4RENB] 4RENB

View PostRed_Arrow_Div, on May 11 2019 - 01:10, said:

A few things I'd like to see would be:
1) Make going between sectors at the first tier impossible. Example: If you get deployed in B, you fight in B, not drive over to overwhelm A.
2) Maybe add an objective, and split the last sector into 3 as well, so that when sector A and D are captured, one or two wheeled OP clown cars (worst addition to WOT ever) can buzz across to        objective 5 while the defenders are still defending C.
3) Completely ban use of premium ammo in this mode. It is used in randoms too much already so people only have skill by "2" key. Is it really needed in an all tier 8 battle platform? There is PLENTY of room for tactical maneuvers in this mode. No need for premium at all except to help the try-hards sitting on the map edges able to pen everything from max range.

IMHO,

1) That will give the defenders a massive advantage as they can go around the other zones reinforcing with fast tanks, plus, it'll just turn the game into a heavy tank brawl...

2) This is easily solved by defenders keeping a couple wheelies in reserve, while I did manage to penetrate to the rear (and blow up an objective or two in my EBR) before mid zones were taken, it's not usually wheeled tanks that are responsible, but Even 90 platoons. They are small enough to stay in cover almost all the way there and are almost undetectable to wheeled tanks that race back (wheelies have really low VR.) This could be easily solved by making the objectives invulnerable till at least one mid zone is taken.

3) Too many tanks are balanced around premium ammo and would become completely ineffective, while light and mediums can flank - you are not going to have much luck in a heavy, say a 50TP pr for example, which really won't pen many other heavies without dabbing the 2 key judiciously.

My 2c.

My suggestion would be to change artillery queues; instead of picking arty before battle - MM picks 3 players that have an SPG in their FL line up randomly. If you don't want to play arty in FL - just send the crew to barracks so it's not available. 

Also, Progetto spam... that tank is widely OP in this mode; far too easy for it to one clip tanks before they can get another shot off. In normal maps this is balanced by them not being able to retreat at will; in FL, there is no real penalty to auto/re loaders as they can move back much more easily. At least the reload on French tanks is long enough to make it a bit of a consideration, the Spamghetto has no such problem. 

Gravitymint #25 Posted May 11 2019 - 05:52

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4469 battles
  • [REDU] REDU
Very well needed changes, Defending was becoming seriously bad and no fun, got to the point where i'd remove crews from certain tanks so I can atleast somewhat enjoy the game mode without it auto-respawning me in a tank i didnt want for the situation (only have 6 tier 8's lol)

BluntedBaboon #26 Posted May 11 2019 - 06:43

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23419 battles

Only thing I disagree with is that you nerfed airstrikes for people who knew how to use it, and buffed it for people who did not.

Otherwise, nicework Wargaming, try to undo the airstrike nerf.

Edited by BluntedBaboon, May 11 2019 - 06:43.

sailorboy7982 #27 Posted May 11 2019 - 10:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21666 battles
  • [STB1] STB1
Big deal. I haven't even completed 1 prestige point yet. Only have about 3 hours in the day to play due to having a life, so I only get about 1 hours worth of play if I'm lucky. I'll never get the tank rewards because of that. Anyway, I don't find this incarnation of FL as fun as the last one.

WyrmVonSturm #28 Posted May 11 2019 - 10:13

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10878 battles

View PostBluntedBaboon, on May 10 2019 - 23:43, said:

Only thing I disagree with is that you nerfed airstrikes for people who knew how to use it, and buffed it for people who did not.

Otherwise, nicework Wargaming, try to undo the airstrike nerf.

Yes, change the skill that was annoying, but balanced.

Meanwhile artillery strike can still cripple if not outright destroy half the tanks taken to FL.

/golfclap WG

Tedsc #29 Posted May 11 2019 - 12:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 41326 battles

The turret armor I get but the cap penalty hurts both teams.  People only have enough game to to progress through ranks when the zones get capped.  There are already way to many players that either don't care about prestige or don't understand it.  All these games where people win at sergeant is holding EVERYONE back.  The progression already takes to many hours during the season to get your prestige and this change makes it so you have to just give up on that tier 9 or have to play 15 hours a day all week long.

DO NOT SCREW UP FRONTLINE by making it to grindy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guncrib #30 Posted May 11 2019 - 13:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 26488 battles
  • [JAV] JAV

View PostTank_You_All, on May 10 2019 - 12:22, said:

The requirement to protect the rear is not a bad thing. The problem comes in from having what amounts to only a few respawn points available. There is no simple solution, but cutting off access to the rear is not a good idea. What might be a good idea is to have a limited protection zone around the respawn point so that someone can't just sit there waiting. Consider the real world, if you have made an incursion into the rear area you can't camp, the first people you attack will call for backup and you will be gone. Perhaps put a one minute time limit in the ABC Zones and then let what happens happen in the map after the CDE zones are taken.

Then shouldn't attackers be allowed into zones where they haven't captured the caps? What's good for the goose is good for the gander. How come some of the attacking lights can't go arty killing in the rear of the defenders? Either forbid both sides from entering their respective enemies rears or do the air strike once and then allow no one. 

Edited by guncrib, May 11 2019 - 13:49.

HOTA_CHATON #31 Posted May 11 2019 - 14:42

Major

• Players
  • 13121 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB

View PostKRZYBooP, on May 10 2019 - 09:59, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

Episode 4 of mostly everyones game mode starts on 13May and runs until 20May. Get into battle and show off your determination, grit, and cunning in either Attack mode or Defense. 

NOTE: The fifth Episode will take place 17June until 24June so get all ready to murder some enemies. 

This episode of Frontline comes with some balance changes to consumables and the Emil1951

More information on all the changes can be found  HERE

Good luck on the Battlefield!

The problem here is that your company does not listen but instead makes things worse.  1) The # of air & artillery strikes needed to be reduced as there are way to many for use by either side.  Instead they have screwed it up again by making it more painful for all.  2) Don't mess with the pill boxes, just limit the the distance from where it can be hit, especially the TD.  Then nerf the effectiveness of the clown cars as we all know that is what is wrong with this mode and all other modes of battle.  Get rid of clown cars or bring them into line with the other light tanks as your destroying your game like almost happened with the Type 59.  3) protected spawns for all would be nice but the defenders have no business behind captured lines, for any reason.  Their vehicles should automatically be destroyed, no matter why they went back.  These are just a few of the biggest problems and I will keep on hammering about them until you either stop this mode or fix it.

GeorgePreddy #32 Posted May 11 2019 - 15:42

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View Postowlgator, on May 10 2019 - 15:40, said:

I agree - it currently plays well enough; hopefully these minor changes will help.

However the comment, "we’ll reduce the speed bonus for attackers when they capture the base and activate this ability" is confusing.  I thought Engineering is a passive ability that is already engaged? 

It is always engaged, the change is to HOW QUICKLY it works to reduce the capture time.

GeorgePreddy #33 Posted May 11 2019 - 15:45

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostHOTA_CHATON, on May 11 2019 - 10:42, said:

I will keep on hammering about them until you either stop this mode or fix it.

You and your opinions are so powerful !!      

Vince_A_Bull #34 Posted May 11 2019 - 17:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 19280 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostKRZYBooP, on May 10 2019 - 16:59, said:

Finally, we changed the location of some Respawn positions. Players from the attacking team will now be able to avoid situations where they respawn too close to the base, surrounded by tanks of the defending team, and are destroyed almost immediately. Starting with the upcoming Episode, Respawns will be located further from the epicenter of the battle zones.

No, the opposite is the problem. Way too often you are not spawned where the map marks, and you end up driving nearly 1km before reaching the frontline.

cloudwalkr #35 Posted May 11 2019 - 18:35

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 55955 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PostVince_A_Bull, on May 11 2019 - 17:25, said:

No, the opposite is the problem. Way too often you are not spawned where the map marks, and you end up driving nearly 1km before reaching the frontline.

this happens a lot and now they're moving spawns further back.  I'm skeptical at best.

the air strikes and arty strikes both need to be adjusted (down in dmg) and limited in which tanks can use them.  You touch a cap and bam 7 people are dropping strikes on you from different zones.  

Players:  This is highly annoying and is a major frustration

WG: I hear you and we are going to make changes...let's buff one of them.

also, I'm still loving the fact you (WG) basically doubled the xp needed to prestige over last years FL.  That was sooooo awesome.

Jryder #36 Posted May 11 2019 - 20:09

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 13910 battles

Am not quite getting the angst pertaining to spawn camping. 

Yes, I get that spawn camping sucks.

Yes, I feel the same way, by and large.

However, unlike other games where SC is a legitimate concern, in FL, YOU ARE NOT FORCED IN TO SPAWNING AT ONE SINGLE LOCATION.

If "C" is camped, spawn in "A". This will give "A" a numbers advantage and enable a win there. if the pattern holds, eventually you will reach "G" and "H" even if "C" remains uncapped. Once those are reached, either the defenders waste resources sitting in an empty "C", or they stop camping and "C" falls in short order.

So what's the issue?

I have never been killed in a spawn camp in FL because the game mode is designed to be fluid and functions accordingly. You are nor tied to one single zone. You NEVER have to spawn into a camped spawn area. Why don't people just use the tools available? 

blapowski #37 Posted May 11 2019 - 20:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 39771 battles
Tweaking engineering? Why not just address the root of the problem.....the wheeled light tanks? They're ridiculously fast, and their auto-aim in my experience is uncannily accurate. I'm sitting there aiming carefully and deliberately getting critical hits or having no effect at all, while they're zipping around bouncing all over the place and shooting the crap out of me. We need wheeled vehicle seeking missiles!

Edited by blapowski, May 11 2019 - 20:33.

BabA_YA6A #38 Posted May 12 2019 - 00:46

Captain

• Players
  • 26352 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG

View PostKRZYBooP, on May 10 2019 - 23:59, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

Episode 4 of mostly everyones game mode starts on 13May and runs until 20May. Get into battle and show off your determination, grit, and cunning in either Attack mode or Defense. 

NOTE: The fifth Episode will take place 17June until 24June so get all ready to murder some enemies. 

This episode of Frontline comes with some balance changes to consumables and the Emil1951

More information on all the changes can be found  HERE

Good luck on the Battlefield!

What changes to the Emil 1951???

Having a 0.4 dispersion and a 3 sec aim time.

It's about as bad as the Emil I from the tech tree.

I don't see to get this mediocre vehicle.

3RiversRegt #39 Posted May 12 2019 - 20:52

Sergeant

• Players
  • 65037 battles
  • [_QC_] _QC_

Main Objectives: Increasing Side Armor

Good news for defenders! We've increased the pillboxes’ side armor from 165 to 180 mm, just in time for the fourth Episode. We’re taking this measure to

Many of them have around 180 mm of armor penetration for their standard shell. Fast and mobile, light vehicles can easily get behind your back, quickly reach the main objectives, and deal a great amount of damage when targeting their poorly armored sides.

We noticed that in the final stages of battle, some players prefer to bombard the main objectives from safe positions, which reduces the chances of the defending team to succeed.

An additional 20 mm of side armor will encourage attackers to move closer to the action, try various tactics, and aim more carefully. It will be harder to penetrate the pillboxes, especially at greater angles and for vehicles with mediocre penetration.

------------------------------

JUST SHOW AGAIN HOW STUPID PEOPLE AT WARGAIMING IS......  NOT MUCH OF A BRAIN OBVIOUSLY.

"Many of them have around 180 mm of armor penetration for their standard shell. Fast and mobile, light vehicles can easily get behind your back, quickly reach the main objectives, and deal a great amount of damage when targeting their poorly armored sides."

That will not change the game mechanics.... S H I TWheels will capture A and D will not care about B - C or and will go OBJECTIVE 5 sit behind the objectives and destroy them and defense will not be able to do anything about it ... BECAUSE S H I TWheel will be behind the objective to destroy it... not on is side.  WARGAIMING YOU ARE MORONS.

FIX IT BY forcing attacker to capture 5 objectives before permit them to attack the 5 main objectives.  Last month in Frontline I was in several game that we lost with only objective A and D capture. 

That way it won t be a short and stupid game like RANDOM since the S H I TWheels appear in the games.

HOTA_CHATON #40 Posted May 12 2019 - 23:17

Major

• Players
  • 13121 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB

View PostGeorgePreddy, on May 11 2019 - 08:45, said:

You and your opinions are so powerful !!      

Just powerful as yours.  So I will keep on, just like you and everyone else does but, lets don't talk about that right?  It's okay you and your ilk to speak up and say something but just because I'm not as good a player as you and your bunch, everyone got to open their mouths and put those of us down but it's okay.  I will keep speaking out.

Also tagged with KRZY, Frontline, yay, Things to do

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users