Can you convert credits to gold?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Who__invader #1 Posted May 12 2019 - 12:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 57 battles
Is there a way to convert credits to gold. If there isn't there should be I don't see why it should be one way especially for free players.

ElfMagi2 #2 Posted May 12 2019 - 12:39

Captain

• Players
  • 57318 battles
  • [AIMED] AIMED
NO

MagillaGuerilla #3 Posted May 12 2019 - 13:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 25643 battles
Join a clan and you can win gold in tournaments, but you'll have to commit to mega playing time.

ObrumPL #4 Posted May 12 2019 - 13:23

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17007 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2
You will sooner find a way to convert dreams into unicorn farts, WG is protective of the ways to make money off of players.

venom286 #5 Posted May 12 2019 - 13:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 41452 battles
  • [FARTY] FARTY
no but there should be if i am not mistaken there was at one point but not sure 

riversteel #6 Posted May 12 2019 - 14:16

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 95650 battles
No way.

GeorgePreddy #7 Posted May 12 2019 - 14:22

Major

• Players
  • 14427 battles

View PostWho__invader, on May 12 2019 - 08:34, said:

Is there a way to convert credits to gold. If there isn't there should be I don't see why it should be one way especially for free players.

Hahahahahahahahaaa... that would be alchemy.

GeorgePreddy #8 Posted May 12 2019 - 14:24

Major

• Players
  • 14427 battles

View Postvenom286, on May 12 2019 - 09:57, said:

No, this never was a thing... where would there be a profit for the company in this ?

Joe_Chism #9 Posted May 12 2019 - 15:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 21435 battles
I wish there was a way to convert anything other than money into gold . . .

dunniteowl #10 Posted May 12 2019 - 16:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 28609 battles

I have 'spun' straw into gold in this game.

There is no conversion process.  WG would NOT allow you to convert credits to Gold, because you cannot earn Gold just playing normal pubs (unless you can Shoot the Sheriff) and so, because the Prime Currency in the game IS Gold, which is purchasable with cash, there is NO WAY they would EVER allow Gold to be 'purchased' for free via converting credits into some insane amount that allows you to 'buy' gold for free.  Just not going to happen.

I'm with you, it would be great if I could convert Credits to Gold.  Imagine it.  Sitting there with 22 Million Credits (and while that may sound like a lot, there are plenty of folks out there with hundreds of millions of credits in their accounts) and thinking, "Wow, if I could convert 20 Million into a 1000 gold, I could literally use "Free Gold" to "purchase" Free Premium Time, earn even more credits, which I can convert into gold and get more Free Premium Time!"

See how that would work?  If they EVER did what you suggest, they'd be out of business, tout suite.

Never going to happen.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

*(FTPP from day one)

ExploratorOne #11 Posted May 15 2019 - 00:41

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14281 battles
  • [LOU1] LOU1
Gold is one of the profit centers for the game...

Hambijon #12 Posted May 15 2019 - 18:14

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3555 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
Unfortunately, nope!  However, we have been trying new events and tournaments that range across skill level that will net you some gold.  Are they hard? Yes, but you get that sweet shiny gold.

icbrainy #13 Posted May 15 2019 - 19:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 9293 battles
  • [MOWR] MOWR

View PostHambijon, on May 15 2019 - 17:14, said:

Unfortunately, nope!  However, we have been trying new events and tournaments that range across skill level that will net you some gold.  Are they hard? Yes, but you get that sweet shiny gold.

No disrespect, Hambijon, but this is, at least for me as someone with two tier Xs (IS-7 and BC 155 58) of their own, an undesirable cliche for the current climate and it really doesn't help when the best players get more, and everyone else gets well....less or even nothing, widening this gap even more.

Why not give tournaments a break for a while and go all-inclusive with something that everyone can leverage and take advantage of, but awarding smaller amounts instead per momentus occasion?

Here's a random thought: award 1 gold each time someone comes in the top of a match, regardless of the featuring tiers (I-X) and the win/lose/draw outcome, and earning at least a minimum amount of base XP, subject to account caps (not awarded if the account has equal or more than than, say for example, 50, and certainly daily limitations, i.e. 5 daily). With such accounts restrictions, it does not provide a bypass to buying expensive content/vehicles.

Personally, I don't think the gold economy is sufficiently-diverse enough and is being arbitrarily-limited to the most-skilled; how this undesirable ethos continuing to be pursued by not only Wargaming but other companies as well is beyond me.

To add to this, this might give a well-needed drive as QuickyBaby has already and more-or-less accused Wargaming (as a whole), during his 2019 roadmap video, of not investing meaningful work to improve the new player experience, and putting pocket-money premium currency on the line might give people one reason/incentive to put their themselves back into gear. (I do wish to kindly remind that not everyone learns at the same pace.)

Or, if what I say isn't a good idea, why not let us, the players, put our own ideas forward for a community-wide event or something?

At the end of the day, we need new methods... what's already in use is getting stale and rusty.

DeadEyeDempsey #14 Posted May 16 2019 - 00:30

Captain

• Players
  • 25625 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View Posticbrainy, on May 15 2019 - 11:35, said:

No disrespect, Hambijon, but this is, at least for me as someone with two tier Xs (IS-7 and BC 155 58) of their own, an undesirable cliche for the current climate and it really doesn't help when the best players get more, and everyone else gets well....less or even nothing, widening this gap even more.

Why not give tournaments a break for a while and go all-inclusive with something that everyone can leverage and take advantage of, but awarding smaller amounts instead per momentus occasion?

Here's a random thought: award 1 gold each time someone comes in the top of a match, regardless of the featuring tiers (I-X) and the win/lose/draw outcome, and earning at least a minimum amount of base XP, subject to account caps (not awarded if the account has equal or more than than, say for example, 50, and certainly daily limitations, i.e. 5 daily). With such accounts restrictions, it does not provide a bypass to buying expensive content/vehicles.

Personally, I don't think the gold economy is sufficiently-diverse enough and is being arbitrarily-limited to the most-skilled; how this undesirable ethos continuing to be pursued by not only Wargaming but other companies as well is beyond me.

To add to this, this might give a well-needed drive as QuickyBaby has already and more-or-less accused Wargaming (as a whole), during his 2019 roadmap video, of not investing meaningful work to improve the new player experience, and putting pocket-money premium currency on the line might give people one reason/incentive to put their themselves back into gear. (I do wish to kindly remind that not everyone learns at the same pace.)

Or, if what I say isn't a good idea, why not let us, the players, put our own ideas forward for a community-wide event or something?

At the end of the day, we need new methods... what's already in use is getting stale and rusty.

I've been feeling this way for many years because I have never been interested in Clan Wars.

stalkervision #15 Posted May 16 2019 - 03:11

Major

• Players
  • 65294 battles

Giving a bit of gold away once and a while imo would be very good for the game.

ArmorStorm #16 Posted May 20 2019 - 15:57

Major

• Players
  • 36234 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View Postvenom286, on May 12 2019 - 06:57, said:

You are mistaken. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users