RNG Endgame Mechanics

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Zeke250 #1 Posted May 12 2019 - 21:19

Private

• -Players-
  • 47782 battles
  • [VENUM] VENUM

I automatically analyze things.  In the game I analyze general trends of aspects of the game. 

A few months ago after one of the updates, I do not remember which one, WOT appeared to change how the game played out towards the end of a battle.  What I noticed is that when a team is badly out numbered towards the end of a battle, say 3 against 8, the RNG of the losing team members turns terrible.  Shots you normally would make miss, tanks you normally would kill are not killed but have 3 or 4 hit points left....etc.  On the other hand, the winning team hits what they are aiming at more, causes more damage like setting a tank on fire or causing a turret to no longer work.  The results of this is that the losing team gets killed faster than it would have if these things did not happen.

Now, some of you readers may be thinking that this is just an artifact of the tensions and dynamics of the end of a battle when one team significantly out numbers a number.  Yes, some of that is true.  But something changed a few months ago to cause this disparity to be part of the end game.  Did they make this change to cause battles to end quicker so they could move those players into the que for the next battle?  All I know is that it has become much harder to come from behind in the game since this change has occurred.  It once was a very fun part of the game when you found yourself badly outnumbered and you fought your way back to victory.  It still happens, but not nearly as much as it used to.  Have you noticed that there are now more blowout games?  One side just demolishes the other.  That has always been part of the game in that sometimes it falls that way, but it has gotten worse since this change has occurred.  I believe this end game rng/mechanics, what ever you want to call it, is in play and is causing this to happen more.

At times I have complained, like most of us, about different aspects of the game.  But this particular change irritates me above all others.  Even when I am on the winning side and just made that spectacular shot at the end of the battle and set the enemy on fire part of me is very irritated that it may have occurred that way only because of this end of game rng/mechanics tinkering.

I recognize I could be wrong about all of this.  I do not believe so.  What I would like is for the gaming community here to pay attention and see if you are experiencing the same thing.  Pay attention to what happens to you or the opposing team in circumstances when one side badly outnumbers the other.  Most of the time the losing team will definitely lose, but is it now caused to happen quicker due to this change?

Thanks for your consideration.

Zeke250 

JRingo20 #2 Posted May 12 2019 - 21:35

Major

• Players
  • 31552 battles
Now for the attack of the fan-boys and shills.:popcorn:

tod914 #3 Posted May 12 2019 - 21:40

Major

• Players
  • 64852 battles

I found the opposite to hold true.  When on the losing side, your rng will be terrible until the game is clearly decided the opposing team will win. Then, and only then will you be allowed to get your damage in.  Every match?  Of course not.  But enough to where it caught my attention.

What ever is going on with rng, I think we can all agree that it's broken. 

gingerted91 #4 Posted May 12 2019 - 21:43

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1462 battles
  • [MORDR] MORDR

View PostJRingo20, on May 12 2019 - 21:35, said:

Que the tin foil hatters... oops too late

MagillaGuerilla #5 Posted May 12 2019 - 21:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 25900 battles
The trouble is that perception usually doesn't stand up to the microscope. Once you get an idea in your head it takes over. You need to do a spreadsheet tracking 1k battles at minimum to get accurate results. There are just too many variables to reach a conclusion with just a few hundred battles. The game has been borked ever since 9.18, and every update borks it a little more. WG is tweaking it to death. Good luck trying to figure it out, WG can't figure it out themselves.

Exiledcrow #6 Posted May 12 2019 - 23:02

Major

• Players
  • 50351 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS
As usual, without data, we have nothing but perception which humans are frankly terrible at gauging accurately.

Flarvin #7 Posted May 12 2019 - 23:06

Major

• Players
  • 54822 battles

View PostExiledcrow, on May 12 2019 - 17:02, said:

As usual, without data, we have nothing but perception which humans are frankly terrible at gauging accurately.

Not according to some on this forum. 

They have perfect memories, with zero cognitive biases. lol

Elbroth #8 Posted May 12 2019 - 23:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34441 battles
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ

View Posttod914, on May 12 2019 - 12:40, said:

I found the opposite to hold true.  When on the losing side, your rng will be terrible until the game is clearly decided the opposing team will win. Then, and only then will you be allowed to get your damage in.  Every match?  Of course not.  But enough to where it caught my attention.

Always has been

scHnuuudle_bop #9 Posted May 13 2019 - 00:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 21421 battles

I believe it may be a small side effect of each update.

Many changes are  not noticeable, or some are just no playing attention. I notice no changes of consequence with the last update.

Some stand out, a person does not have to know there was a new premium being sold.

I recall an update, where for months, every game there was always at least one tank upside down pleading.

The effect has worn off, and now occasionally do players flip.

Altwar #10 Posted May 13 2019 - 00:21

Major

• Players
  • 58546 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View Posttod914, on May 12 2019 - 12:40, said:

When someone alludes to an opinion as something everyone can agree with, it isn't something everyone agrees with.  ;)

My own opinion for example:  RNG is fine.  Do I like it when my fully aimed shots hit the dirt or a damage shot by me low rolls and the enemy escapes?  No.  Do I like seeing an enemy shoot at me and shoots the ground instead of me or hits me with a shot that should destroy my tank but low rolls and my tank survives for at least a moment more?  Sure I do.   RNG broken?  Nah, random happenings seem to work randomly which is fine by me.

ProfessionalFinn #11 Posted May 13 2019 - 02:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 26323 battles

View PostZeke250, on May 12 2019 - 12:19, said:

I automatically analyze things.  In the game I analyze general trends of aspects of the game. 

A few months ago after one of the updates, I do not remember which one, WOT appeared to change how the game played out towards the end of a battle.  What I noticed is that when a team is badly out numbered towards the end of a battle, say 3 against 8, the RNG of the losing team members turns terrible.  Shots you normally would make miss, tanks you normally would kill are not killed but have 3 or 4 hit points left....etc.  On the other hand, the winning team hits what they are aiming at more, causes more damage like setting a tank on fire or causing a turret to no longer work.  The results of this is that the losing team gets killed faster than it would have if these things did not happen.

Now, some of you readers may be thinking that this is just an artifact of the tensions and dynamics of the end of a battle when one team significantly out numbers a number.  Yes, some of that is true.  But something changed a few months ago to cause this disparity to be part of the end game.  Did they make this change to cause battles to end quicker so they could move those players into the que for the next battle?  All I know is that it has become much harder to come from behind in the game since this change has occurred.  It once was a very fun part of the game when you found yourself badly outnumbered and you fought your way back to victory.  It still happens, but not nearly as much as it used to.  Have you noticed that there are now more blowout games?  One side just demolishes the other.  That has always been part of the game in that sometimes it falls that way, but it has gotten worse since this change has occurred.  I believe this end game rng/mechanics, what ever you want to call it, is in play and is causing this to happen more.

At times I have complained, like most of us, about different aspects of the game.  But this particular change irritates me above all others.  Even when I am on the winning side and just made that spectacular shot at the end of the battle and set the enemy on fire part of me is very irritated that it may have occurred that way only because of this end of game rng/mechanics tinkering.

I recognize I could be wrong about all of this.  I do not believe so.  What I would like is for the gaming community here to pay attention and see if you are experiencing the same thing.  Pay attention to what happens to you or the opposing team in circumstances when one side badly outnumbers the other.  Most of the time the losing team will definitely lose, but is it now caused to happen quicker due to this change?

Thanks for your consideration.

Zeke250 

Question is your analysis accurate.   What you describe seems to be feelings, nothing more than feelings.

I_QQ_4_U #12 Posted May 13 2019 - 04:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 23325 battles
What could any reasonable person say but tinfoil? I can 'prove' it's not true because I recently had a game where I was the last one left and with my last three shots I lit 3 of the four remaining tanks on fire , killing them, unfortunately their arty got me. Also got reported for using hacks too....

QuicksilverJPR #13 Posted May 13 2019 - 18:04

Major

• Players
  • 27894 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostJRingo20, on May 12 2019 - 15:35, said:

Que the people who think they know anything at all speaking out their rear ends...  :bajan:

And OP, what you're talking about is called confirmation bias.

Also tagged with RNG, Endgame, Mechanics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users