arty nerf counterbattery heavytankingmasterrace

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

goldfinger_555 #21 Posted May 13 2019 - 15:46

Captain

• Players
  • 27388 battles
  • [FFWC] FFWC
You lost me when algebra was introduced.

Tuzban #22 Posted May 13 2019 - 16:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35545 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Postuberdice, on May 13 2019 - 07:41, said:

I'm sitting at 58% solo win rate in the M53/M55 after grinding it from stock, not because I'm amazing at arty or anything else in particular, but because being able to ignore the rules that other players have to stick to is fundamentally broken.

You're a really good player. Still, your arty win rate is comparatively really low. More precisely, your win rate in lights, mediums, heavies, TDs, and SPGs is 57%, 58%, 59%, 57%, and 52%, respectively. And almost all of your arty games are pre latest arty nerf.

If you have an agenda, or opinioin, sure. I've got nothing against that. What you did, though, was cherry picking data to "prove" a point. That I have a problem with.

Altwar #23 Posted May 13 2019 - 16:04

Major

• Players
  • 57728 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 13 2019 - 03:34, said:

No.   Have the option to kill arty, kill arty.   CB is great, gets lots of salt from opposite clickers after the match. 

Is salt something you really enjoy getting or is this just a saying it for the heck of it comment?

I play SPGs enough that I CB, especially when it is 3 per side.  I connect enough that I've picked up a few CB medals and I've certainly got a decent amount of solos.  Not once have I received garage feedback.  Not even when I pick on a heavy clicker and hit them more than a couple of times.  Then again, I don't play hoping to induce rage on the other side.  

_Tsavo_ #24 Posted May 13 2019 - 16:06

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 45195 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

View PostAltwar, on May 13 2019 - 10:04, said:

Is salt something you really enjoy getting or is this just a saying it for the heck of it comment?

It's not my goal to get salt from the enemy team, it is simply to kill/defeat them, but if I do it means I did something right.

Edited by _Tsavo_, May 13 2019 - 16:06.

WhineMaker #25 Posted May 13 2019 - 16:13

Major

• Players
  • 37291 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View Postuberdice, on May 12 2019 - 23:41, said:

> Player who mains a class that gets to ignore most mechanics doesn't understand why people prefer to play a game with others who play using the same core mechanics.

I'm sitting at 58% solo win rate in the M53/M55 after grinding it from stock, not because I'm amazing at arty or anything else in particular, but because being able to ignore the rules that other players have to stick to is fundamentally broken.

Maining arty is a crutch for players who don't want to learn how to play the game, because it allows them to not have to play the same game everyone else is.

You have to show me where WG requires me to learn the game. I play for FUNSIES and entertainment only. I have no need to do anything beyond selecting a tank, clicking the Battle button and firing away. If you need players to be proficient in a game, stick to CW, where you have the choice of a team's composition and tactics. Or, better yet, go play WoT Blitz for your arty free games... :arta:

I don't know what game you're playing, arty is a selectable class in mine and should be in yours also. So, we must be playing the same game. It's just you don't like something, and can't handle the full pc version, which includes arty... :child:

So once again, can you say "WoT Blitz"?

WhineMaker #26 Posted May 13 2019 - 16:16

Major

• Players
  • 37291 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostSaripul, on May 13 2019 - 04:34, said:

If you carry your arguments even to reasonable ends, then they fall apart.  You probably don't feel that turrets are an unfair advantage, or that the lack of a turret makes all (non-turreted) TDs somehow fundamentally broken.  And what about tanks with different view ranges?  After all a tank which can see his opponent is certainly having a different experience than one who cannot.  Autoloaders have a significant difference as well.

So perhaps you'll understand if to me, your arguments just sound like special pleading.  You like your arguments not because they win -- they don't -- but because they are yours.

If it doesn't fit his/her agenda, then it's OK... :great:

Sturm_Teufel #27 Posted May 13 2019 - 16:30

Major

• Players
  • 47470 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

View Post_Tsavo_, on May 13 2019 - 03:34, said:

No.   Have the option to kill arty, kill arty.   CB is great, gets lots of salt from opposite clickers after the match. 

Always kill arty. Enemy arty never deserves any mercy nor respect. Always kill arty.

the_dude_76 #28 Posted May 13 2019 - 16:42

Major

• Players
  • 33587 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postuberdice, on May 13 2019 - 01:41, said:

Maining arty is a crutch for players who don't want to learn how to play the game, because it allows them to not have to play the same game everyone else is.

Or they have some sort of physical handicap or they just enjoy playing it.

Frankly people who "main arty" are far less annoying than the holier than thou snobs who waste their time making themselves sound like fools crying about a part of the game that isn't going anywhere.

WhineMaker #29 Posted May 13 2019 - 16:53

Major

• Players
  • 37291 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View Postthe_dude_76, on May 13 2019 - 07:42, said:

Or they have some sort of physical handicap or they just enjoy playing it.

Frankly people who "main arty" are far less annoying than the holier than thou snobs who waste their time making themselves sound like fools crying about a part of the game that isn't going anywhere.

But, but, but...

An anti arty tantrum is the most epic of tantrums... :arta:

...and it impresses the Kool Kiddos... :facepalm:

Rawrlynn #30 Posted May 13 2019 - 17:06

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 31769 battles

View PostSaripul, on May 13 2019 - 15:24, said:

What do they say?

the salty arty main players in their 1900+ wn8 and mid 50's win rate get really really salty... had one guy threaten to tk me if I end up in a match on same team...  best part was... I only caught his position by accident as I was refocusing from one side of overlord to the other....  

arty does take some skill, and LOTS of patience to play...  just not the same skills as needed for the rest of the game... but each class does require a little different skill set.  

heavies - side scrape and hull down

mediums - (depending on what type med)  hull down/ hill cresting/ flanking 

lights - spotting/ knowing how to keep camouflaged and when to escape that forward position

TDs- keeping concealed, relocate as needed knowing where your battle is and when to escape to better firing positions 

arty - knowing your shell flight time by distance/ getting damage on that tank behind a hill or building you can't actually get in your aim circle(which is mostly RNG).  having the patience for reload and aim time... and knowing that a lot of times the target will move before your shell even reaches where it's going.  knowing when to relocate for better shots or your safety.... and the sinking feeling that if you get yolo'd by enemy light tanks nobody on your team will try and stop them because they ALL hate arty.

I LOVE arty.... that is on my team.... you enemy arty... well go explode on the red line =P :trollface::teethhappy:

stalkervision #31 Posted May 13 2019 - 17:17

Major

• Players
  • 66477 battles

View PostSaripul, on May 13 2019 - 09:24, said:

What do they say?

They say he's a arty scab.

stalkervision #32 Posted May 13 2019 - 17:31

Major

• Players
  • 66477 battles
Just a personnel note. IMPE Scab arty players that spend most of their time hunting other arty lose the game for their team FAR more then they win it. While they are looking for me and their fellow arty players I am pasting the other teams heavies and lights and turning their track to glue. Then at the end when they have no team left to defend it's a pleasure to take these scabs out after they are spotted. Join the brethren brothers and reform your ways and see your win rate climb. Don't hate on your brothers. 

Saripul #33 Posted May 13 2019 - 17:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 5677 battles
  • [GZRS] GZRS

View PostSturm_Teufel, on May 13 2019 - 15:30, said:

Always kill arty. Enemy arty never deserves any mercy nor respect. Always kill arty.

I didn't say they deserve respect or mercy.  I said that less fire *at* arty is less fire *on* arty -- red or green.  And if some fraction of the arty base does this, then the nerf is compensated.

Saripul #34 Posted May 13 2019 - 17:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 5677 battles
  • [GZRS] GZRS
Arty Lives Matter!

stalkervision #35 Posted May 13 2019 - 21:33

Major

• Players
  • 66477 battles
People hate arty when it's hitting them and cry to arty players for help when they are one against three. :sceptic:

Sturm_Teufel #36 Posted May 13 2019 - 21:43

Major

• Players
  • 47470 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

View PostSaripul, on May 13 2019 - 08:38, said:

Arty Lives Matter!

No. No they don't.:trollface:

Rawrlynn #37 Posted May 14 2019 - 09:18

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 31769 battles

View Poststalkervision, on May 13 2019 - 17:17, said:

They say he's a arty scab.

I spend little time searching for the rock droppers, but if I do find one, I'm plastering his tank as soon as it reloads. then back to the heavies/tds...   no they just rage like everyone else that gets struck by arty... so I wish them a nice day and thank them for playing. 

senator_blutarsky #38 Posted May 17 2019 - 03:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 40432 battles
  • [BLUTO] BLUTO
I play to win.  When I play arty I play to win and to stroke out arty haters.  Sometimes CB can make or break a win. Good arty knows when that is. 

SEL_BGM #39 Posted May 17 2019 - 15:20

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8611 battles
The topic was counter-arty.  Generally counter-arty is a complete waste of time.  I move after every shot and almost NEVER get countered.  I love seeing arty waste their shots trying to do it.  Those are shots that could be on tanks.  I get between 7-12 shots a game, with a minimum of 45 seconds between shots.  So, I can't waste shots.  I look for arty in between shots.  If I see an arty firing from one location for at least two shots, I'll try a counter.  Happens about once every 10-20 games.  Since the range has been reduced on some maps, most of the time arty is out of range for my CGC anyway.

Edited by SEL_BGM, May 17 2019 - 15:22.

scHnuuudle_bop #40 Posted May 19 2019 - 19:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 20447 battles

Why is there an assumption that counter battery is a simple thing to do?

The first shot of the game, I usually blind shoot at some known hide out or crossing, then immediately focus on the known artillery hide out.

First teammate spotted wait for a tracer.

No tracer, means either no shot, I blinked and missed it, or more likely, no one there.

After that , the enemy artillery is no longer my concern.

I will look if a teammate tells me about where he got hit from. Ranting and ramming, has the opposite effect.

Once the game is underway. Even knowing where an enemy is, provides only  a small amount of help.

With a long loading time, watching a small are of the map, in that may take almost a minute is a waste of time.

I could get 2 shots off at actual spotted enemies.

Same with scouts spotting the back side of maps. I will leave him the artillery while I pick armoured targets.

Also tagged with arty, nerf, counterbattery, heavytankingmasterrace

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users