KRZY Launcher WGC change CT

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

ken9545 #61 Posted May 15 2019 - 03:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 22870 battles
  • [CANAM] CANAM
Been using WGC for a couple years I guess, no problems at all, works great for the three games I have and as intended

Ace_D3struct0r #62 Posted May 15 2019 - 11:14

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47783 battles

View Posttod914, on May 15 2019 - 01:59, said:

It runs in the background irregardless if you select it not to.  Takes up resources.  Yes I know how to kill the process.  My preference would be to offer both.  For those whom play more than one wargaming title the center is fine.  For those that only play one title, leave the old launcher.

^ This is the only sensible option agreeable for all.

Dig_Baddy #63 Posted May 15 2019 - 13:28

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11644 battles
  • [TTRP-] TTRP-

View PostKRZYBooP, on May 15 2019 - 01:49, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

This here is a general announcement for the transition of the common test from the Launcher to the WGC. To make things more neat and tidy on your desktop, we have integrated the Common Test in the WGC.

Now all you have to do is click a few buttons in your WGC and bam you are in the CT galavanting around in the future tanks of your dreams.

For more information on these changes please click HERE

There is no ETA on when this change will go live, and is just a friendly heads up.

Maybe try fixing the issues it has first. me and my friends have issues updating the WGC and games on it almost all the time. I had to help a friend of mine get back into the game by using the old launcher because his WGC wouldn't update his game. It just kept giving him error messages.

Aras_J #64 Posted May 15 2019 - 14:12

Private

• -Players-
  • 2984 battles

View Postomi5cron, on May 14 2019 - 17:14, said:

i have this thru WGC now ,set it up that way last week.didnt know it was brand new.im glad i now have all my WG titles thru same interface.i have never had any problems with it (WGC) but ive been lucky i guess.

edit: i forgot to ask,where is the code that is needed to allow this? there must be a code.

Just try the default WG code "RUSSIA". 

Festung #65 Posted May 15 2019 - 14:28

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36304 battles
Why does WG want me to play all these other games that are advertised in the new Discord? Is WG planning to go out of business? Now they want me to allow a program to run all the time in the background. Are they hoping to be bought out by Amazon? I'm getting nervous.:(

Festung #66 Posted May 15 2019 - 14:29

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36304 battles
Why does WG want me to play all these other games that are advertised in the new Discord? Is WG planning to go out of business? Now they want me to allow a program to run all the time in the background. Are they hoping to be bought out by Amazon? I'm getting nervous.

StoneTitan #67 Posted May 15 2019 - 20:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3990 battles

Three things:

1. Last time I tried to create a stand-alone link to the exe file on my other computer, it didn't work and got some strange error; this computer has no WGC but the other one does.

2. They keep talking about letting us set the server in WGC, but I still don't see it.

3. How long do we have until we have to use the WGC or nothing?

Avalon304 #68 Posted May 15 2019 - 21:43

Major

• Players
  • 21859 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

View Posttod914, on May 14 2019 - 13:29, said:

It runs in the background irregardless if you select it not to.  Takes up resources.  Yes I know how to kill the process.  My preference would be to offer both.  For those whom play more than one wargaming title the center is fine.  For those that only play one title, leave the old launcher.

No it doesnt. WGC, if you have it set to exit upon clicking the X button, shuts down completely when you close it. No WGC process continues running, not even the game update process (which BTW... does continue to run in the background when using the old launcher).

HARMZ_Zway #69 Posted May 15 2019 - 22:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 49137 battles
  • [-M1-] -M1-
Had the update to launcher today.  Could not get into WOT afterward.  I think that is the second fail for that process.  Thankfully I could still get into the game directly.

Reking_Havoc #70 Posted May 16 2019 - 21:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32321 battles
I want the option for the launcher to close itself after I start the game. I will not spend money again until I get this back. I do not like back ground processes. Your program feels invasive. When a company tries to force itself upon me I go looking for the "anti-[edited]company" online brigade and join the trash party until the company fails or does better.

bravo9er #71 Posted May 16 2019 - 21:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24039 battles

View PostMountainLion1, on May 14 2019 - 11:04, said:

I had downloaded it for the classic mode but went back to the old launcher because I didn’t like the automatic updates or it sending me to the SA server on a regular basis. Please don’t make it to where I can’t continue to use the old launch system.

Actually, if you don't want to be logged into South American server, then you should be using WGC because it remembers your favorite server. 

Once logged into your favorite server, go into the settings page and un-check the check box for server selection per instructions on this page: 

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/wgc-status-update-march/

This feature only works with WGC, and you'll never be logged into LATAM sever again. :)

I've transitioned over to WGC and have had no issues with it.  The new 2.0 version is miles better than the old version, which was troublesome.  Crash recovery after crashing in the middle of battle is where I had issues with the old WGC.  I have no such issue with the new WGC, it just goes right back into battle just like the launcher.

SkaarjMaster #72 Posted May 17 2019 - 16:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4624 battles

View PostStoneTitan, on May 15 2019 - 14:33, said:

Three things:

1. Last time I tried to create a stand-alone link to the exe file on my other computer, it didn't work and got some strange error; this computer has no WGC but the other one does.

2. They keep talking about letting us set the server in WGC, but I still don't see it.

3. How long do we have until we have to use the WGC or nothing?

I'm wondering about these things myself.:confused:

spud_tuber #73 Posted May 17 2019 - 17:55

Major

• Players
  • 56788 battles

View PostBrian_Serowinski, on May 14 2019 - 14:43, said:

Pretty simple, the launcher works with internet explorer, and you don't realize it until you don't keep updating IE.  And IIRC Microsoft is pulling IE support in the near future. Then it'll be a real challenge to update WoT.  The WGC is working fine so far (knock on wood).

Ummm,  I have IE disabled on my computer, yet the WoT launcher continues to function fine?

AMGPilot #74 Posted May 21 2019 - 19:53

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 46509 battles

Personally don't like the WGC but doesn't look like I will have a choice :(

I have one suggestion for improvement of the WGC: Enable users to rename the different instances of games installed shown in Yellow below......

For instance, I have two different installations of WOT NA Server. One with mods and one without mods. I would like to have the ability to rename them in the WGC so I can tell them apart more easily instead of WGC just adding a (2) next to the second installation. I should be able to create a custom name for each installation of all the games I have installed.

Thanks!!!

; height: 22px; width: 22px; top: 10px; left: 10px;"> 

Edited by AMGPilot, May 21 2019 - 19:53.

black_colt #75 Posted May 22 2019 - 23:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 4079 battles

View PostAMGPilot, on May 21 2019 - 10:53, said:

Personally don't like the WGC but doesn't look like I will have a choice :(

I have one suggestion for improvement of the WGC: Enable users to rename the different instances of games installed shown in Yellow below......

For instance, I have two different installations of WOT NA Server. One with mods and one without mods. I would like to have the ability to rename them in the WGC so I can tell them apart more easily instead of WGC just adding a (2) next to the second installation. I should be able to create a custom name for each installation of all the games I have installed.

Thanks!!!

; height: 22px; width: 22px; top: 10px; left: 10px;"> 

Had not thought of how to handle multiple instances of a World Of Tanks client and this would be a great way to do that!

Hopefully Wargaming is monitoring this thread and forward to the developers.

Also tagged with KRZY, Launcher, WGC, change, CT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users