Suggestion

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Kirasenpai2 #1 Posted May 14 2019 - 20:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29432 battles
  • [-MOON] -MOON

Before everyone just says, "random OP complaining number 3779853, moving on." the TLDR of this is a stat/use change for arty and a small change to lights. Still not interested then see ya.

Arty as it currently stands pisses a lot of people off and the stun just makes the group i play with rather be one tapped like the days of old. To me stun was a dumb addition/change added to the game. The following are my ideas to make arty a little less cancerous:

1. Removal of stun
  2. Increase of damage on direct hits by 10-15%(Tier 5-7 ONLY)
  3. Increase of reload time on tier 4-7 by 15-20%
  4. Redued splash radius from 15 to 10m
  5. Look at accuracy along all tank lines and change as needed per arty basis
  6. A look at removal or rework of the BC 155 58(tier 10 frenchie) as it seems to be an annoyance.
  7. A look into a possible perk or equipment that allows help with counter battery(IE a ping client side in a general area or grid to indicate it fired). As it currently stands those of us who are used to tracer hunting are in the minority.
  8. Addition of 2 round types( Smoke and Lumination/flares):
  • Smoke rounds has 2 modes Low and High drop
    1. Low drop covers an area of 25m or less for a duration of 30s and increases camo by 25-30%(Due to small area this is become like DD smoke in WoWS and become a lead magnet). Allows arty to provide direct cover for a target and can be placed in front of a hiding/moving friendly.
    2. High drop covers an area of 50-75m for 10s and increases camo by 10-15%. Allows arty to cover a retreating group.
  • Lumination rounds(Flares) also has the same modes
    1. Low opening hangs in the air for 15s and lights a 15-25m area reducing camo values by 20-25%. Intention is to help deal with invisible TDs(Here's lookin at you Swedes).
    2. High opening hangs in the air for 20s and lights a 50-75m area reducing camo by 10-15%. This helps agressive scouts see them a little bit better before getting bonked. 

The lumination and smoke rounds should allow arty to get a bit more assistance(maybe not smoke but debateable). The round types would require a reload to those rounds at half normal reload speed and can be discussed as either a 1 type per arty, smoke or lumination, or a mountable equipement; however the rounds should be limited to 3-5 per match so they are not just used willy-nilly(grand battles would be an exception but again, debateable).

As for light tanks i believe adding smoke to their kit would help them be able to be a bit more uselful then as lighting fodder and add a bit more to them then current standing. It would allow them to be a great addition to a roving group of heavies as a way to rush forward and lay down smoke for their advance. This however i only believe should be added tier 8+.

Edited by Kirasenpai2, May 14 2019 - 20:46.

WhineMaker #2 Posted May 14 2019 - 21:01

Major

• Players
  • 36995 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

TL : DR version: I need an easy mode... :facepalm:

WG makes an arty free game, just for players like you... :child:

Here's a suggestion: Can you say "WoT Blitz"?

Sure you can... :great:

Like I would ever fire smoke or illumination rounds to hide a friendly rager/kiddo... :P

Hate to be the one to inform you, CB is dead. Not worth the effort to do 30-50 damage on a near miss... 

Altwar #3 Posted May 14 2019 - 21:09

Major

• Players
  • 57387 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

Oh look. 

• Random OP complaining number 3779853, moving on. 
  • Expressing an opinion about SPGs using the term cancer 
  • Refers to a third party not here to speak for themselves as if that affirms the opinion
  • Uses the term "a lot" as if the OP actually know "a lot" of the community.

Yes, this is one of those generic"I don't arty" posts.  Moving on.

Kirasenpai2 #4 Posted May 14 2019 - 21:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29432 battles
  • [-MOON] -MOON

View PostWhineMaker, on May 14 2019 - 15:01, said:

TL : DR version: I need an easy mode... :facepalm:

WG makes an arty free game, just for players like you... :child:

Here's a suggestion: Can you say "WoT Blitz"?

Sure you can... :great:

Like I would ever fire smoke or illumination rounds to hide a friendly rager/kiddo... :P

Hate to be the one to inform you, CB is dead. Not worth the effort to do 30-50 damage on a near miss... 

Just sharing a friendly opinion on a game i used to love playing. But hey, opinions are like [edited]and you exsist so... :popcorn:

View PostAltwar, on May 14 2019 - 15:09, said:

Oh look. 

• Random OP complaining number 3779853, moving on. 
  • Expressing an opinion about SPGs using the term cancer 
  • Refers to a third party not here to speak for themselves as if that affirms the opinion
  • Uses the term "a lot" as if the OP actually know "a lot" of the community.

Yes, this is one of those generic"I don't arty" posts.  Moving on.

Used to be pro arty mate, hated the stun idea and loved playing arty (granted i was running the game on a brick). Just sharing a thought to bring some fun back to the game cause as it stands even playing arty anymore isnt fun. Point, click, and wait to do again. minimal reason to aim anymore, splash will fix it.

DrOoLeR_In_Da_HoUsE #5 Posted May 14 2019 - 21:20

Major

• Players
  • 41370 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

I just wish the missions pertaining to arty, actually pertained to actual arty..

mission ..... 1800 seconds of stun time in 10 games... yes ok, gtfo of here, impossible

4k damage, 3.5k assist damage, top XP between both teams, and WIN

or if you think u can do crit hits in a arty, think again, crit hits are rng based, no skill required... but they want you to do 30 crit hits in 10 games? yea ok

the_dude_76 #6 Posted May 14 2019 - 21:39

Major

• Players
  • 33403 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM
As has been said many times before, no one is going to spend 40 seconds loading a smoke (or illumination) round that is going to earn them 0 exp and 0 credits...

ArmorStorm #7 Posted May 14 2019 - 21:52

Major

• Players
  • 36464 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

Easiest way to reduce arty issues without a nerf is...make tracers more visible again.  Make counter battery more rewarding and I’ll do it more, which is time I’m not spending on red tanks. 

Plus, now I’m more engaged as I know I have to be more mobile to avoid CB. 

Hellsfog #8 Posted May 14 2019 - 21:55

Major

• Players
  • 37650 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostKirasenpai2, on May 14 2019 - 14:36, said:

Before everyone just says, "random OP complaining number 3779853, moving on." the TLDR of this is a stat/use change for arty and a small change to lights. Still not interested then see ya.

Arty as it currently stands pisses a lot of people off and the stun just makes the group i play with rather be one tapped like the days of old. To me stun was a dumb addition/change added to the game. The following are my ideas to make arty a little less cancerous:

1. Removal of stun Good Idea. 
  2. Increase Decrease of damage on direct hits by 10-15%(Tier 5-7 ONLY)
  3. Increase of reload time on tier 4-7 by 15-20% Good Idea
  4. Redued splash radius from 15 to 10m to 5 m
  5. Look at accuracy along all tank lines and change as needed per arty basis Further reductions in accuracy. 
  6. A look at removal or rework of the BC 155 58(tier 10 frenchie) as it seems to be an annoyance. It's all an annoyance why single out the french. 
  7. A look into a possible perk or equipment that allows help with counter battery(IE a ping client side in a general area or grid to indicate it fired). As it currently stands those of us who are used to tracer hunting are in the minority.
  8. Addition of 2 round types( Smoke and Lumination/flares):
  • Smoke rounds has 2 modes Low and High drop
    1. Low drop covers an area of 25m or less for a duration of 30s and increases camo by 25-30%(Due to small area this is become like DD smoke in WoWS and become a lead magnet). Allows arty to provide direct cover for a target and can be placed in front of a hiding/moving friendly.
    2. High drop covers an area of 50-75m for 10s and increases camo by 10-15%. Allows arty to cover a retreating group.
  • Lumination rounds(Flares) also has the same modes
    1. Low opening hangs in the air for 15s and lights a 15-25m area reducing camo values by 20-25%. Intention is to help deal with invisible TDs(Here's lookin at you Swedes).
    2. High opening hangs in the air for 20s and lights a 50-75m area reducing camo by 10-15%. This helps agressive scouts see them a little bit better before getting bonked. 

The last two ideas are simply bad. 

The lumination and smoke rounds should allow arty to get a bit more assistance(maybe not smoke but debateable). The round types would require a reload to those rounds at half normal reload speed and can be discussed as either a 1 type per arty, smoke or lumination, or a mountable equipement; however the rounds should be limited to 3-5 per match so they are not just used willy-nilly(grand battles would be an exception but again, debateable).

As for light tanks i believe adding smoke to their kit would help them be able to be a bit more uselful then as lighting fodder and add a bit more to them then current standing. It would allow them to be a great addition to a roving group of heavies as a way to rush forward and lay down smoke for their advance. This however i only believe should be added tier 8+.

Some good ideas that with a little tweaking would be better. 

Altwar #9 Posted May 14 2019 - 22:06

Major

• Players
  • 57387 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostArmorStorm, on May 14 2019 - 12:52, said:

Easiest way to reduce arty issues without a nerf is...make tracers more visible again.  Make counter battery more rewarding and I’ll do it more, which is time I’m not spending on red tanks. 

See, now this is something that seems credible.  Once it was rather easy to see tracers.  Not so much these days so if it is a one on each side SPG battle, most maps don't make it worth looking for the other SPG's slight tracers.

Kirasenpai2 #10 Posted May 14 2019 - 22:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29432 battles
  • [-MOON] -MOON

View PostHellsfog, on May 14 2019 - 15:55, said:

Some good ideas that with a little tweaking would be better. 

The reason i singled out the french tier 10 is because it seems more of an annoyance then the others, personally. Its autoloader mechanic being the only arty with that seems dumb and proves that point with stun currently. Have had matches where it did minimal damage but kept me stunned in engagements constantly until it expended its load.

View PostArmorStorm, on May 14 2019 - 15:52, said:

I thought about that but if i remember in one of the old patch notes they nerfed it because people where complaining about the constant CB due to one of the missions and how 'easy' it was. I agree though, would make me move and shoot when i play my t92 instead of alt tabbing to read discord.

DrOoLeR_In_Da_HoUsE #11 Posted May 14 2019 - 23:23

Major

• Players
  • 41370 battles
  • [SUX] SUX
best arty, when they are on your team you're begging them to help you, when on the enemy team all i see and read is whining.. I imagine everybody would be a super duper unicum if it wasn't for them pesky arty.. I look at it this way, arty spends the whole match, be it every 30 seconds or so, helping their teammates out... what do teammates do? nothing, Arty stun people to decrease the enemy's accuracy, reload etc etc etc.. and people just sit their like the stunned players are casting a spell to one shot u, and the stun countdown timer is how long before they cast that spell on you..or, the teammates just let the LT tanks through to kill the same people who are helping you out... then the same players whine and cry because you know.........arty. the only real problem with arty, are the people who whine about arty.

scHnuuudle_bop #12 Posted May 14 2019 - 23:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 20312 battles

Basically returning it to what it once was with smoke (which would not work).

Spoiler

make sure the kids who refuse to accept 1/5th of the game, are bothered less, because they cannot bother to figure arty out.

So, they run and want the mean thing effecting their stats removed, instead of just playing and accepting the challenge.

Cop outs. Either play the game as designed, big hint, 100 million players do just that. Or do not.

Changing things just to make it simpler for a vocal few is not going to happen.

Spend your energy figuring out how others have fun. 

You treat this like it had some actual real world consequence. Demand changes, which is just a loud admission the game is beating you, and you want the bar lowered so you will not be miserable.

Figure out how to have fun with it, or figure out how to ignore it.

If not, you will just be another strange example of someone who plays a mere arcade game , they hate.

Edited by scHnuuudle_bop, May 14 2019 - 23:26.

BadCorps #13 Posted May 15 2019 - 15:16

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10535 battles
  • [4PLDG] 4PLDG

1. What's the benefit of that? People will b!tch about it either way.

2. The LeF is a tier V and does NOT need an alpha boost.

3. Reload times are already terrible at those tiers.

4. What do you mean? taking away 10m of splash would make virtually every arty worthless. The T92 HMC has ~17m of splash and that's the largest gun in the game.

5. No clue what you mean. Arty should have it's own accuracy stats.

6. The BC 155 58 has an awful reload time and sh!t DPM.

SquishySupreme #14 Posted May 17 2019 - 08:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2755 battles
Not even a month since the last nerf and you want more.

Just admit it that you won't ever be satisfied and keep posting rubbish like this because you just want to vent your frustration about artillery in general.

- If stun is removed, what replaces it?  Remember that your personal opinions aside, fair game-play and game balance from any gaming company towards the players that own the affected units demands that there be some sort of equivalent exchange for any reduction in capability.

I will ignore you entirely until you come up with a replacement option.  "do what I say and remove it" is not a negotiation or compromise - it's a kid whining and throwing a tantrum.

Ratnikk #15 Posted May 17 2019 - 09:35

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12303 battles
  • [DSRTD] DSRTD
No more nerfs, they just nerfed them like 2 weeks ago and you people are still crying thats incredible. Some people enjoy playing spg you know?

Also tagged with Suggestion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users