• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

el_01 #1 Posted May 16 2019 - 04:24

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3419 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Hey everyone.

Just bored and since the brag thread isn't a progress thread, thought I'd sandwich this in. Talk about achievements, plans, the small and big things, awards, etc. in your daily tanking.

Not much has happened, just trying to train a Swedish crew for the Tier 5 med, trying to train a British one for the Cruiser IV, trying to one-mark the T-34, starting the American light line to learn scouting, and playing the occasional battle in some of my TDs and light tanks. Ah yeah, and playing the Strv m/40L like a filthy seal clubber xD. Broke 3 million credits and 20,000 free EXP, pretty happy about those.

What about you lot? Can't wait to hear what's happening!

-el01

Zanarkand_C #2 Posted May 16 2019 - 05:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 36082 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

I'm 1 mission away from the 279e... >.>

Edit: Never mind, just got it :d

Edited by Zanarkand_C, May 16 2019 - 06:28.

ChaseR392 #3 Posted May 16 2019 - 06:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8347 battles

View PostZanarkand_C, on May 16 2019 - 05:17, said:

I'm 1 mission away from the 279e... >.>

Very jealous :)

I want the "UFO tank" so bad.... but at the rate I'm working my way through the Excalibur missions... its gonna take me 50k battles....

For the most part I'm just enjoying my premiums... making credits, training crews and trying to pull my stats out of the toilet.... not that I care that much about them, but I grow tired of the constant stat-shaming... which even wears on me despite having fairly thick skin.

I've also been trying to plan "paths to high tier tech-tree tanks".... been working on the heavy assault TD lines for the US, UK, USSR, France and little bit on China.

Working up the Russian A-43 line on the way to the K-91... intending to use my Rudy as a crew trainer for a Tier 10 crew. Will probably shoot off with the KV-13 and go up the IS line too.

Working up the Swedish lines to get to the high Tier TDs, the new mediums and the autoloader heavies. Happily sold my Lago tonight... what a heap.

Grinding the Sherman Jumbo to the get the T29.

Not at all looking forward to the German heavy line, the French heavy line or the US LT line to get to the US autoloaders (maybe they will buff them by the time I get there).

So many tanks... so little time...

Edited by ChaseR392, May 16 2019 - 06:13.

PTwr #4 Posted May 16 2019 - 07:47

Major

• Players
  • 45482 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

This year my goal is to finish my lines using on-tracks and finally buy several tier X machines on discounts I had researched for years, as I have almost every line at least to tier 8 but those few 10's I had were old, power creeped, ones from all but forgotten year 2012 or so. Having meta tanks sure helps with missions. 

Started with Progetto 65, pure joy since I started with upgraded Panter. Bought E-100. Emils were pain, but got my Kranberry. T57 line was amazing, especially after horrible Emils.  Jap MT's felt underwhelming, but it went fine. AMX 13 105 was short one, as I got free ride to tier 9 BC and AMX when weird stuff happened during removal of Lorraine from tech tree, I mostly ground little BC for AMX 30 line in this on track. Bought E4. WZ-132-1 was irritating, finished tier 8 in FL but tier 9 in randoms full of whelies was bothersome, but got it as well. Currently I am angry at new and horrible on-track format, wondering if I'll want to play stock T49 after FL ends. 

Somewhere on the way discounts happened, got Obj 261 (bleh), Obj 268 (yaaay), finally Maus, and broad spectrum of 9's planning to upgrade them before on-tracks. In meantime I am slowly filling holes in my tech tree to avoid getting blueprint for tier 4 tincan when I already have higher tiers (joys of old account), assignable x3 sure helps a lot. 

Mumbochicken #5 Posted May 16 2019 - 23:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9187 battles

Haven't been able to play or stream much of anything lately but been slowly making progress in the game.

Been working my way through the brit heavies so I can get a super conq.  I'll also continue to slowly play my T-44 more to eventually pick up the 430u.  Not in as much of a rush for that since I already have the 140 and 62a.

I've also been trying to decide what line I want to go down next.  Right now I'm thinking I might finish the Swede Heavies since I'm at the tier 9 for that, or possibly go back to the elc to unlock all the lines that shoot off of there and work my way towards a bat chat.

I'm hoping the put the the US mediums sale some time soon so I can pick up my m48 patton that I unlocked a while ago but have't bought yet.

ReddNekk #6 Posted May 17 2019 - 08:03

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3050 battles
I just passed the 1000 battles mark and much of my noobness has been worn (shot?) off but I'm still learning. My present goal is to work up crew skills on the preferred tanks that I've taken a liking to; LTP, Pz IV D, Pz IV H, (I love it's derp gun!) Thunderbolt, Rudy, and Cromwell B. Those vehicles are enough to keep me happy for quite a while to come. :playing:

ChaseR392 #7 Posted May 17 2019 - 08:25

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8347 battles

View PostReddNekk, on May 17 2019 - 08:03, said:

I just passed the 1000 battles mark and much of my noobness has been worn (shot?) off but I'm still learning. My present goal is to work up crew skills on the preferred tanks that I've taken a liking to; LTP, Pz IV D, Pz IV H, (I love it's derp gun!) Thunderbolt, Rudy, and Cromwell B. Those vehicles are enough to keep me happy for quite a while to come. :playing:

If you can make that derp on the Pz.IV H work for you... take it as a sign that it was meant to be and enjoy :great:

Me... I'm surprised I haven't shot down the Zeppelin on Redshire with that thing....

ReddNekk #8 Posted May 17 2019 - 17:14

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3050 battles

View PostChaseR392, on May 17 2019 - 00:25, said:

If you can make that derp on the Pz.IV H work for you... take it as a sign that it was meant to be and enjoy :great:

Me... I'm surprised I haven't shot down the Zeppelin on Redshire with that thing....

Oh, I am enjoying Pz IV H's derp gun. I'm literally having a blast! Even though the shells have exactly the same damage and pen as the M4 Sherman's 105, PzIV H's seem to be more effective. Plus, I can reliably score hits with it, unlike M4's where I'm doing good to hit the ground.

MiddleAgedNoob #9 Posted May 17 2019 - 19:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18169 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

View PostReddNekk, on May 17 2019 - 11:14, said:

Oh, I am enjoying Pz IV H's derp gun. I'm literally having a blast! Even though the shells have exactly the same damage and pen as the M4 Sherman's 105, PzIV H's seem to be more effective. Plus, I can reliably score hits with it, unlike M4's where I'm doing good to hit the ground.

Equipping both with the derp, the IV H has better ROF, DPM and gun handling than the M4.  https://tanks.gg/com...2e&t=m4_312118  I never play either any more, but when I did, I found it far more fun to play than the M4, although my stats in the M4 were better.  Blapping T 67s was particularly enjoyable.

GLHF

el_01 #10 Posted May 17 2019 - 19:24

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3419 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

#deleteallt67s

Having fun and trying my best with the T-34. I don't do well in it for some reason, oh well. Doing all of the CC codes because I want the exp, especially on something like the 14TP and 25TP, which I'll try to skip if possible. Sold the 14TP since it just sucked so much for me. I should probably play the T-26 more or otherwise use the A-34 to get to the Ruski heavies. 

ChaseR392 #11 Posted May 17 2019 - 19:55

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8347 battles

View Postel_01, on May 17 2019 - 19:24, said:

#deleteallt67s

Having fun and trying my best with the T-34. I don't do well in it for some reason, oh well. Doing all of the CC codes because I want the exp, especially on something like the 14TP and 25TP, which I'll try to skip if possible. Sold the 14TP since it just sucked so much for me. I should probably play the T-26 more or otherwise use the A-34 to get to the Ruski heavies. 

The T-34 was tough for me as well... it doesn't have the armor or alpha damage to trade shots 1 to 1 with other mediums and ,IMO, the grind is pretty miserable having to get through the 76mm, stock turret and engine. Once I had everything unlocked I focused on using the 57mm to zip around and take longer range shots of opportunity to support others. Still don't do that well in it, and I'm grinding the Tier 6 A-43 which is pretty much the same thing one Tier higher.

I kinda like the 25TP... its another lousy grind as the stock Bofors gun is completely worthless.... but fully researched it isn't a half bad 2nd line support or sniper medium. I have Binocs, Rammer and a Camo Net on mine and tend to stay back and pop distracted tanks with the 75mm. Its a play style I enjoy ( I have a Chi Nu Kai, Skoda T 40 and a M4a1 Rev. as well ) but expect to take a little flak from players who haven't done their homework on tanks they don't own....

APA_Woody #12 Posted May 21 2019 - 19:52

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5946 battles
  • [C-W-B] C-W-B

For me, I stumbled into the Swedish line of tanks and worked up to the Leo and absolutely fell in love. This all happened right around the time they announced they'd be adding higher tier Swedish mediums, which made me giddy. My Swedish medium crew is my second best crew (I used the female crew members from holiday decoration event in my French Light line, hence why AMX12t is my best performing tank), and I now how them in the tier VIII UDES 14 5 aka my new favorite tank!

It took me a while to figure out the game (roughly 2500 battles before I discovered these forums, the wiki page, and streamers), and while I by no means have "got gud," I hold my own much more now than ever before. Proper crew-training and skill/perks selection for me was BY FAR the most crucial thing I learned. It also took me a while to figure out what style I enjoy playing the most, and I spent a lot of time in American LTs buying new crews over and over again and not growing/developing one crew and retrain at different tiers. This has set my American LT line back quite a bit, but I'm turning things around slowly but surely - I may have to resort to playing a bunch of tier III games in the Locust for the crew xp boost. I've bounced back to this line recently for the "On Track" missions, so we'll see what happens.

It's been a fun process, and I keep coming back because this game is challenging, and I learn something new each time I play. My goal for this year is to make it to tier X in multiple lines. I recently unlocked my first Tier IX (M103 American Hvy), and I'm working the American Light, Swedish Medium, and British Medium lines at tier VIII that are not too far from tier IX. For some reason, I have not been able to really latch onto any of the Russian lines. One day I'll get to them I suppose...

MiddleAgedNoob #13 Posted May 27 2019 - 17:58

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18169 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

Finally researched all three tier 9 tanks that follow the BC 12T: the BC 25T AP; the AMX 30; and the AMX 13 90 .  That's about 580k experience total.  It was mostly fun - I like the 12T - but it did feel like a grind a lot of the time and going for all the LT401's did distort my game play.  I've purchased the 25T AP and have played it a bit, and am enjoying it even if my success is mixed.  I really need to work on its crew.  I have to decide whether to play the 12T a bit more, or move the crew to the 13 90 right away, and start playing it.  I have enough free exp to unlock the 90mm right away, so the grind shouldn't be too painful.  I doubt I will ever play the AMX 30, but I did want to elite the 12T before moving on.

GLHF

ChaseR392 #14 Posted May 27 2019 - 22:43

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8347 battles

I unlocked this beast today.

Posted Image

Will wait to purchase until after the Black Market is over just in case. Now I'm only 1 tank away from the ISU-152 (can't wait to get that Tier X gun with 750 Alpha).

Also unlocked the Jdpz. IV but that is not nearly as exciting....

Edited by ChaseR392, May 27 2019 - 22:44.

Peak_Bagger #15 Posted May 27 2019 - 22:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19829 battles
  • [-T1B-] -T1B-

View PostMiddleAgedNoob, on May 27 2019 - 17:58, said:

Finally researched all three tier 9 tanks that follow the BC 12T: the BC 25T AP; the AMX 30; and the AMX 13 90 .  That's about 580k experience total.  It was mostly fun - I like the 12T - but it did feel like a grind a lot of the time and going for all the LT401's did distort my game play.  I've purchased the 25T AP and have played it a bit, and am enjoying it even if my success is mixed.  I really need to work on its crew.  I have to decide whether to play the 12T a bit more, or move the crew to the 13 90 right away, and start playing it.  I have enough free exp to unlock the 90mm right away, so the grind shouldn't be too painful.  I doubt I will ever play the AMX 30, but I did want to elite the 12T before moving on.

GLHF

Wow, nice work! That's a lot of XP! It must be one of the biggest grinds in the game. It's a good thing the BC 12 T is a fun tank. I've recently unlocked the AMX 13 90 and am working on the BC 25T AP. I'm eager to purchase and use the AMX 13 90, but I'm going to need the crew from the BC 12T so I have to wait until I finish the BC 25T AP, if that makes any sense. I know I won't have the patience to wait until I unlock the AMX 30, as I know I will never play the AMX 30. I do know that I'll keep the BC 12T anyway as that one is a keeper. I will just need to train up another crew for it in the AMX 13 57. 

MiddleAgedNoob #16 Posted May 28 2019 - 02:41

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18169 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

View PostPeak_Bagger, on May 27 2019 - 16:48, said:

Wow, nice work! That's a lot of XP! It must be one of the biggest grinds in the game. It's a good thing the BC 12 T is a fun tank. I've recently unlocked the AMX 13 90 and am working on the BC 25T AP. I'm eager to purchase and use the AMX 13 90, but I'm going to need the crew from the BC 12T so I have to wait until I finish the BC 25T AP, if that makes any sense. I know I won't have the patience to wait until I unlock the AMX 30, as I know I will never play the AMX 30. I do know that I'll keep the BC 12T anyway as that one is a keeper. I will just need to train up another crew for it in the AMX 13 57. 

Thanks!  I took the plunge, bought the 13 90 and sold the 12T.  Reviews I had read suggested that the 13 90 was one of the best tier 9 lights and tier 9 MM is good.  10 games in and I am liking it a lot.  Between free experience, bonus experience from my premium account and an LT 401 and I've already researched the 90mm and tracks and am close to getting the engine.  Since the radio carries over from the 12T, that will be it for the module grind.  It feels more sluggish than the 12T (the engine will help) and the gun handling is a little worse, but the DPM and pen improvement is noticeable and welcome.  And tier 9 MM does seem to be better.

As for keepers, the AMX 12T has been my favourite in the line, for reasons I would be hard pressed to explain.  It just seems to suit me.  Perhaps the long reload tempers my tendency to over extend.  I rushed through the 13 75, I might go back and give that more of a go.

GLHF

el_01 #17 Posted May 28 2019 - 04:21

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3419 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Finally got above 300 WN8 after around 1,500 battles.

Not the best result, but I'm trying my best.

Also, a wonderful WN8 of 1030 for today.

It's a record for WN8 in a day, and I'm pretty happy about it.

I still have a long ways to go, but at least I'm making some progress. I was stuck at 293 WN8 for what seemed like an indefinite amount of time.

Also this x5 weekend was surprisingly fruitful, got a lot of things done and I'm happy with my results- more than halfway to the AT2, got the 25TP through CC codes, doing some decent games in my scout (M3), unlocked the StuG III G, and most importantly, I'm having fun :)

Mumbochicken #18 Posted May 28 2019 - 05:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9187 battles

View Postel_01, on May 28 2019 - 04:21, said:

Finally got above 300 WN8 after around 1,500 battles.

Congrats!  Always a great feeling when you finally get one of the goals you set for yourself.    I'm sure if you keep working on it, those 1000+ days will start to become common :)

For myself, finally finished the grind and unlocked the super conq tonight.  Had a pretty good time playing that tank, although it ended on a down note with a string of bad games at the end.  Not going to buy it yet in case the black market puts something else for credits that I want, but I'll probably pick it up once that event is over. 

Was talking with some people on stream tonight and I think I'll hop back into my t-44 and grind up for the 430u now.

el_01 #19 Posted May 28 2019 - 22:06

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3419 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

The 25TP is really tearing me a new one, something like 10 games today with 0 WN8 :( My main gripe is the lack of shell velocity on the first 75mm, can't snipe well with it, even though the tank *should* be in a sniper role.

I'll try again in a few days. I'm just trying to get the better 75mm so that the 40TP isn't super painful stock.

Also the Char D2 is being painful. Not sure if heavy tanks are right for me. Perhaps the later French heavies will change my mind because of their mobility and guns. 

Everything just seemed to suck today, more so than during the x5 weekend.

p.s. why does the pz 5/4 even exist again? WHY??? *throws computer out window*

ChaseR392 #20 Posted May 28 2019 - 22:46

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8347 battles

View Postel_01, on May 28 2019 - 22:06, said:

The 25TP is really tearing me a new one, something like 10 games today with 0 WN8 :( My main gripe is the lack of shell velocity on the first 75mm, can't snipe well with it, even though the tank *should* be in a sniper role.

I'll try again in a few days. I'm just trying to get the better 75mm so that the 40TP isn't super painful stock.

Also the Char D2 is being painful. Not sure if heavy tanks are right for me. Perhaps the later French heavies will change my mind because of their mobility and guns. 

Everything just seemed to suck today, more so than during the x5 weekend.

p.s. why does the pz 5/4 even exist again? WHY??? *throws computer out window*

The 25TP will get much better with the top gun... it has better shell velocity.

French heavies are tough.... the Char B1 has hit points and decent armor but a wimpy gun, the BDR is terrible without the top gun (I just used Scavenger Hunt Xp to unlock the ARL 44). The only French heavy I really like is my FCM 50t.... but it is very difficult to play well as it has no armor....

The Pz. V/IV is an actual tank of which several prototypes were built.... it is essentially an early Panther hull with a Pz. IV turret on it. Their numbers will fade within the next few days and they will go back to being rare as hens' teeth....

Edited by ChaseR392, May 28 2019 - 22:49.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users