Nerf SPGs

Artillery SPG Remove Annoying

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Do SPG's make WOT less fun? (66 members have cast votes)

Do SPG's make wot less fun?

1. Yes (28 votes [42.42%])

Percentage of vote: 42.42%

2. No (38 votes [57.58%])

Percentage of vote: 57.58%

Are the games without arty more exciting?

1. Yes (25 votes [37.88%])

Percentage of vote: 37.88%

2. No (41 votes [62.12%])

Percentage of vote: 62.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Lab_Experiment #1 Posted May 16 2019 - 05:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 12671 battles
  • [ACD] ACD

I have played over 10 000 battles and have supported this game for a long time with gold purchases.

Now I am just tired with artillery making it hard to advance in battle.

Taking 400 damage in a game from artillery in a tier 10 tank can be crippling. To make matters worse, there's usually 3 of them. Every game.

Every time I mention they should ban artillery in chat people agree that it makes the game less fun. I bought my 212A to see the other side and I was disgusted.

It was too easy to ruin players games. It is just too easy to hit people.

My suggestion is to either half the damage output of arty splash, make it 2x harder to aim or remove it.

I am not writing this because I am ticked off, I am writing this because I want this game to be as enjoyable as possible. I think the SPG class hinders this game's capability.

WhineMaker #2 Posted May 16 2019 - 06:19

Major

• Players
  • 37997 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

If you didn't know, WoT Blitz is arty free, 100% of the time... :great:

I have played over 30.000 battles and have supported this game for a long time with gold purchases... :coin:

Ratnikk #3 Posted May 16 2019 - 06:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13208 battles
  • [DSRTD] DSRTD
Nope, i really like spgs. I agree 3 or 2 is too much per game. 1 everygame would be best. Dont say its easy to hit people when you dont even have a single Gore medal. Dont ask for more nerfs because they JUST nerfed them. Spg players got screwed and got nothing in return.

Bolted_On #4 Posted May 16 2019 - 06:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 64107 battles
  • [SFL] SFL

View PostWhineMaker, on May 16 2019 - 05:19, said:

I have played over 30.000 battles and have supported this game for a long time with gold purchases... :coin:

Since you so emphatically promote it, why aren't you on blitz ?  Why are you on these forums ?

tanopasman62 #5 Posted May 16 2019 - 06:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 20946 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_

I'll take having arty on me if that means heavily armored enemies can't just hull down/sidescrape as they please and bush camping TDs get their dose of dynamic gameplay too.

It's part of the game, if you don't like it, Blitz is calling your name. :arta:

stalkervision #6 Posted May 16 2019 - 06:23

Major

• Players
  • 67836 battles
WG has already nerfed arty yet you cry for more nerfs? How come so many people can get very high marks with arty in the game and you have so much trouble with it? Either accept it's in the game or just go play blitz. I bet you don't do any better there.

CaptSpaulding55 #7 Posted May 16 2019 - 06:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34003 battles

View PostWhineMaker, on May 16 2019 - 00:19, said:

Blitz sucks worse than having arty in the game does!  If you want to play games 7 vs 7 and with smaller maps and crappy graphics then by all means play that poor mans version of WOT. I  get so sick and tired of that same response from you almost every time arty is mentioned in a thread. Give it a fn break!  And I deleted a few other choice comments I wrote about Blitz and you in particular., other wise I'd most likely have a mod delete my post and probably ban me from posting on this forum!

CaptSpaulding55 #8 Posted May 16 2019 - 06:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34003 battles

View Posttanopasman62, on May 16 2019 - 00:21, said:

I'll take having arty on me if that means heavily armored enemies can't just hull down/sidescrape as they please and bush camping TDs get their dose of dynamic gameplay too.

Read my previous post! Blitz is worse than having arty in the game! 

tanopasman62 #9 Posted May 16 2019 - 06:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 20946 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_

View PostCaptSpaulding55, on May 16 2019 - 06:34, said:

Read my previous post! Blitz is worse than having arty in the game! 

Then learn to play with arty in the game, simple as that.

Pipinghot #10 Posted May 16 2019 - 10:12

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostLab_Experiment, on May 15 2019 - 23:56, said:

I have played over 10 000 battles and have supported this game for a long time with gold purchases.

So have the people who play SPG's, their money is just as valuable as yours.

WhineMaker #11 Posted May 16 2019 - 14:45

Major

• Players
  • 37997 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View PostBolted_On, on May 15 2019 - 21:21, said:

Since you so emphatically promote it, why aren't you on blitz ?  Why are you on these forums ?

I don't have issues with arty, unlike you... :ohmy:

Maybe YOU should be over on the WoT Blitz forums. The WoT Blitz forums might provide you with a much needed "safespace". ..

You'll feel safer there... :child:

View PostCaptSpaulding55, on May 15 2019 - 21:32, said:

Blitz sucks worse than having arty in the game does!  If you want to play games 7 vs 7 and with smaller maps and crappy graphics then by all means play that poor mans version of WOT. I  get so sick and tired of that same response from you almost every time arty is mentioned in a thread. Give it a fn break!  And I deleted a few other choice comments I wrote about Blitz and you in particular., other wise I'd most likely have a mod delete my post and probably ban me from posting on this forum!

Someone's in the midst of an epic temper tantrum... :hiding:

WoT Blitz is arty free, 100% of the time. If you want games without arty so badly, then YOU need to make the sacrifice, not me... 

Don't worry, I'll keep playing arty, as long as  WG keeps the server running... :arta:

BadCorps #12 Posted May 16 2019 - 15:23

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11911 battles

1. You paid money. That's on you sucker. Not out problem and you paid with full knowledge of what WG was going to do with that money.

2. Where's the fun of you're hull down in a Type 5 and 600 damage can't just disappear off your HP pool?

3. Arty keeps players scared and cowering in fear. I've near seen a JPanther II get slammed by my M53/55 shell and remain in the same position after it fixes its track.

4. Arty is fun. Making people angry is a lot of fun.

leeuniverse #13 Posted May 16 2019 - 15:24

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

POLL IS FLAWED.... can't vote.

The actual "problem" with SPG's aren't SPG's.  I really wish people would stop blaming "symptoms" and instead blame the actual problems.

The actual problems are:

1. Far too low HP levels of tanks.

2. SPG's shouldn't do over 300 damage to ANY tank

3. Tank Speeds are too slow (low end especially).

4. STUN should be removed.

5. Too many SPG's in battle, should be 1 per side max (though if HP of tanks are Tripled, 2 per side might be fine.)

Fix these things and SPG's aren't a big problem.

BadCorps #14 Posted May 16 2019 - 15:58

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11911 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on May 16 2019 - 15:24, said:

The actual "problem" with SPG's aren't SPG's.  I really wish people would stop blaming "symptoms" and instead blame the actual problems.

The actual problems are:

5. Too many SPG's in battle, should be 1 per side max (though if HP of tanks are Tripled, 2 per side might be fine.)

1. You want a 440 alpha against a Maus with 6000 health?

2. How about ELC EVEN 90s or EBR FL 10s. A 240mm (nearly 1/3 of a metre) shell should do considerable damage to a tank with 150mm

3.Because they're heavy and many are infantry. Apparently you want a A39 Tortoise driving at 65 kph and EBRs tat 500

4. You want that glorious ~4000 alpha on the T92 HMC back? You b!tched about that too.

5. Hell no. It already has a moderate wait time. You don't want to wait 5 minutes for a battle because you to wait for matchmaking has to put 1 arty in every match

WhineMaker #15 Posted May 16 2019 - 16:02

Major

• Players
  • 37997 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

View Postleeuniverse, on May 16 2019 - 06:24, said:

~snip~

#TheKiddoRageIsReal

Altwar #16 Posted May 16 2019 - 16:20

Major

• Players
  • 58277 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View Postleeuniverse, on May 16 2019 - 06:24, said:

The actual problems are:

1.  Because tanks need to exhaust their ammo supply on just one or two tanks, which could happen if HP levels were boosted?
  2. What determined that the damage number for the largest guns in the game should be among the least amount tier for tier based upon that 300?
  3. Most tanks are too slow by what metric?  Real or imagined?  Considering that most tanks of the mid 20th Century weren't exactly speed demons.
  4. Why should stun be removed?  Does it damage your sensibilities?  After this last update, in my experience, the stun mechanic is hardly noticeable and just something to shrug off at most.
  5. There should be no SPG limits.  Players want to play them, hence their substantial queue.  Remove the limits and you'll have more battles with more SPGs and more with none at all because the queue is being flushed out more often.

What you see as a problem isn't necessarily so with others, just in case that wasn't clear.

Lab_Experiment #17 Posted May 16 2019 - 18:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 12671 battles
  • [ACD] ACD
The fact of the matter is that arty hinders my enjoyment of the game, and from being in battle, it seems that a lot of people share the same opinion. The poll would probably look different if every player was polled.

I am just letting wargaming know that when I consider investing time/money into WOT, I have arty in the back of my mind.

ballyspringer #18 Posted May 16 2019 - 23:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 22626 battles

View Posttanopasman62, on May 16 2019 - 05:21, said:

I remember a game years ago (around 9.1 maybe?) in Prokhorovka that was a perfect example of this.  I was in my IS-7 on the north spawn, and there was no arti.  You should have seen the upset PM's I got after the game was over because I just sat right in the middle of the map with only my turret exposed absolutely destroying the other team moving around the E line.  There wasn't even any reason to pull back, I'd just sit there laughing as everything bounced off of me or I took small HE damage until I had nothing to shoot at, then would move to a different spot on the E line and repeat it.  Eventually I worked up the 3 line to take out the TD's camping bush on the 1 line - again with no fear at all of damage since I could stay hull down.  Having a good arti on the other team would have at least kept me honest and made me keep moving so I couldn't do that and the other team had a chance.  At one point I did get rushed by two tanks, but because they had to go all of the way over the hill to hit me they were completely exposed to all of the camping tanks that were hitting everything I was lighting up and I was barely damaged.

From my experience arti keeps the game dynamic, and it's the people cowering in the same spot trying to be "arti safe" that hate arti.  I play very aggressively and rarely poke the same spot more than twice if I can help it and arti doesn't bother me at all, even before they were nerfed.  If you sit in the same bush, or keep poking the same spot over and over again - of course arti will be waiting for you to do it again.  Keep moving, keep playing, and don't just camp one spot and it's not a problem.

Arti is more of a mind game to me - you have to always be anticipating the battle flow and where to aim, you have to time your shots and try to figure out where someone will be 2-5 seconds after you shoot.  And to be consistently effective in it you have to always be watching the entire map and knowing where to focus when.  Like it or not that's still a skill.  A different skill than playing any other type of tank, but still a skill.

Edited by ballyspringer, May 17 2019 - 00:03.

n4cer67 #19 Posted May 17 2019 - 03:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17560 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP
SPG's are a part of the game just like the other classes and if anything need buffs. There are many players that invest time and money in this game that enjoy the SPG's and their ability to support the team instead of someone going rambo and trying to do everything them self and screaming at others for not backing them up. I have rarely seen 3 SPG's in game and that's the ideal max that should be in and they don't shoot anywhere as accurately as you claim. There is such a thing as sportsmanship which means everyone should acknowledge that they aren't going to win every game and some games will be worse than others then deal with it instead of running to the forums to complain every time they're touched by an SPG. Next these players will go after the TD's then the heavies. Players that don't like SPG's should just play blitz if there incapable of letting everyone play what they want. I don't care too much for some of the TD's, the heavies and the new wheelies but I acknowledge some people enjoy playing those and i'm not going to cry for nerfing or removal because they mess up my game play.

#spgsmatter

scHnuuudle_bop #20 Posted May 17 2019 - 06:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 20928 battles

View PostLab_Experiment, on May 16 2019 - 05:56, said:

Now I am just tired with artillery making it hard to advance in battle.

Taking 400 damage in a game from artillery in a tier 10 tank can be crippling. To make matters worse, there's usually 3 of them. Every game.

Every time I mention they should ban artillery in chat people agree that it makes the game less fun. I bought my 212A to see the other side and I was disgusted.

It was too easy to ruin players games. It is just too easy to hit people.

My suggestion is to either half the damage output of arty splash, make it 2x harder to aim or remove it.

I am not writing this because I am ticked off, I am writing this because I want this game to be as enjoyable as possible. I think the SPG class hinders this game's capability.

Who cares, I have double your battles and have also bought gold, is there a point?

Somehow it seems like your point is, your gold is better than others.

"artillery making it hard to advance in battle." A very strange concern. You do understand this is a war game? The enemy, all 15 of them want your advances to stop!

Seriously, all this time you thought their shooting at you was some sort of tribal ritual?  

I hope at least by this time you understand, you are also supposed to discourage, as strongly as possible, the advances of the enemy? 

That means shoot at them, make them stop.

Someone is getting your advances to stop. Instead of wasting time demanding a design feature of a game change. Find a way to continue advancing. It is a challenge to solve, like so many. No one is going to fix it so you do not require solving a puzzle. Games do not work that way. It is supposed to be hard.

400Hp from a tier 10. A tier ten what? Even the arty that is not crippling.

.​Fun is what you make it. Choose to play a game where the owners like artillery, strange place for a person who says it ruins the game.

There are thousands of games where the design will not be "un fun"

Not quite sure what you mean "bought" your 212A.

I can't be bought directly for gold. So, do you mean you actually bought the experience for an entire line?

​Besides, what you encountered was the great unwashed. You just have it backwards,

it is the players themselves who make it simple and easy to hit players, because they beg to get hit.

There is always the goofus who parks and thinks because he rushed to get to the magic rock with his great skills,

should not be shot at. Except of course , those who are unlikely to damage their stats.

The challenge is taking an educated guess.   Where a light tank, at 55KPH is going to be in 6 seconds from ---boom.. 

I like this challenge, you do not. Who are you to demand my choice in a game I pay to play, get neutered, because it fulfills it design purpose. 

Edited by scHnuuudle_bop, May 17 2019 - 06:05.

Also tagged with Artillery, SPG, Remove, Annoying

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users