Tiger 1 bottom tier Sand River with three arty. What would you do?

Tiger 1 Sand River

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

southtown00 #1 Posted May 16 2019 - 17:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2963 battles

So I have another tiger one question. When I end up on a map like sand River with lots of already in my Tiger 1 and lower tier I'm having trouble figuring out what to do. First of all I don't have gun depression. second of all usually the heavy tanks go up to the rocks at the Northeast and Slug It Out which I can't do if I'm bottom tier. Especially if there's a wheeled Scout and a bunch of tank Destroyers. I want to know how to play this without camping and just trying to stay alive but at least deal out some damage. There are a couple maps that I have problems with the tiger one like this. Right now I have the hundred 10% crew I slapped on the vertical stabilizer gun rammer and binoculars. I used to run it with the binocs camo net and gun rammer because everyone not the brawl at close range and try and support amd snipe. I rarely end up top tier. Then I remove the camo net because a bunch of people are telling me that the Tiger has such a low camo value that a camo net doesn't help all that much. Anyway let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Devildog8 #2 Posted May 16 2019 - 17:56

Major

• Players
  • 11075 battles
  • [XILES] XILES

Tiger 1 is a support tank....support 

Gun is good with good pen, dont run down the gorge and think you can fight other heavies, stay behind not in the back camping but behind and use you gun for what it is a sniping rifle 

also camo net on heavies? waste of a space mate

and why Binocs?  gun lying drive, Gun rammer and vents

Hellsfog #3 Posted May 16 2019 - 17:59

Major

• Players
  • 38287 battles
The same thing any tank of any tier does on sand river when there are three arty: hope the arty is distracted by somebody else. 

dnaman #4 Posted May 16 2019 - 18:23

Captain

• Players
  • 32391 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY
It’s a support heavy.  Find somewhere not super far back and use your accurate gun to punish guys pushing the front line heavies.  If you can’t pen, track them so your teammates can.

southtown00 #5 Posted May 16 2019 - 18:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2963 battles

View PostDevils_Scorpion, on May 16 2019 - 17:56, said:

Tiger 1 is a support tank....support 

Gun is good with good pen, dont run down the gorge and think you can fight other heavies, stay behind not in the back camping but behind and use you gun for what it is a sniping rifle 

also camo net on heavies? waste of a space mate

and why Binocs?  gun lying drive, Gun rammer and vents

Yeah but I had an extra space at the time it seemed weird to use the camo net buy you just like you said to use my gun like a tank destroyer and snipe I figured it would be useful. See what I mean? but ok keep the opinions coming in. when I first started this game all I wanted was that tiger. Now it wasn't what I thought it was but I gotta figure this out. I could put vents on it but im saving up some credits. I have enough gold I could swap it in and see what happens. I figured the binocs would get me spotting assist points and help snipe. Im really concerned too about getting the tiger 2. although the e-75 and e-100 look worth the grind but from what ive seen on forum and youtube is they've severely nerfed those tanks and im wondering if I should continue to pursue that line.Im not tier 10 ready yet but part of the fun is getting to the next tank you know? But resources get scarce. I think im going to try and jump to the IS and the IS-3

Volcanic_lobster_220 #6 Posted May 16 2019 - 19:18

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8682 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
Man screw trying to play a heavy tank on sand river....especially bottom tier, but if you have to then like the others said, stay back and support, and if you get spotted, take cover or just keep moving so you don't get hit by arty.

heavymetal1967 #7 Posted May 16 2019 - 19:29

Major

• Players
  • 73166 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View Postsouthtown00, on May 16 2019 - 12:47, said:

So I have another tiger one question. When I end up on a map like sand River with lots of already in my Tiger 1 and lower tier I'm having trouble figuring out what to do. First of all I don't have gun depression. second of all usually the heavy tanks go up to the rocks at the Northeast and Slug It Out which I can't do if I'm bottom tier. Especially if there's a wheeled Scout and a bunch of tank Destroyers. I want to know how to play this without camping and just trying to stay alive but at least deal out some damage. There are a couple maps that I have problems with the tiger one like this. Right now I have the hundred 10% crew I slapped on the vertical stabilizer gun rammer and binoculars. I used to run it with the binocs camo net and gun rammer because everyone not the brawl at close range and try and support amd snipe. I rarely end up top tier. Then I remove the camo net because a bunch of people are telling me that the Tiger has such a low camo value that a camo net doesn't help all that much. Anyway let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Did you finally get the login/account issue resolved?   Just curious.

A toolbox and binos would have been a better choice on a heavy for temporary gear choices.    And are you running a GLD or stabilizer?  I thought the Tiger would only take a GLD.

Pretty much what the others have said.   Rammer, GLD (but stab if it mounts one) and Vents in my opinion for gear.

cloudwalkr #8 Posted May 16 2019 - 19:41

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56350 battles

View PostHellsfog, on May 16 2019 - 17:59, said:

The same thing any tank of any tier does on sand river when there are three arty: hope the arty is distracted by somebody else. 

This gave me a good chuckle...because it's so true.

OP, I'd personally recommend running Vert Stabs, Optics, and Gun Rammer.  You could switch out the Optics for Vents if you want, but my preference is Optics.  As for Sand River, my buddy Hellsfog wasn't so far off.  As bottom tier, it really would depend on what I was facing.  If the enemy had the better meds and could get north first, then I'd probably try and support my north side but be in a position to fall back if and when they fell.  Otherwise I'd play the dunes in the south and try to snipe.  It's a rough road when you're bottom tier, even rougher when you're bottom tier in a tiger 1.  

Also, in my opinion the E75 and the E100 aren't worth the time investment to grind any longer.  The new polish line is a better E100 imo.  The tier 9 is better than the E75 imo and the tier X 60tp is better than the E100.  I know this probably isn't what you want to see, but I think it's better to see this info now than to spend the rest of your time grinding a E100 that gets penned pretty easily by literally everything nowadays.  E100 can still work on some maps, in some spots...but overall is a waste of time to grind at this point.  I'd switch to the polish heavies.

southtown00 #9 Posted May 16 2019 - 19:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2963 battles
Yes I resolved my account issues im now finally under the name im supposed to be.

MyFingID #10 Posted May 16 2019 - 22:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5632 battles
  • [GEEK] GEEK
Haven't played the tiger much lately but I usually head to the city in a heavy.  If I can push I will but if I'm low tier I'll just try to spot and take potshots if I can.  Get up close to some cover that's between you and the enemy Arty and just try to spot until you get good shots.  Hell you can even sit there for a bit, let the enemy push and get into the open, then blast their sides, assuming they're shooting at someone else.  Speaking of which if they're all shooting at you then you need to either hold down if you're helping spot and your team mates are doing damage or pull back until your team mates can see the enemy and start lighting them up.  

southtown00 #11 Posted May 16 2019 - 22:26

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2963 battles

View PostVolcanic_lobster_220, on May 16 2019 - 19:18, said:

Man screw trying to play a heavy tank on sand river....especially bottom tier, but if you have to then like the others said, stay back and support, and if you get spotted, take cover or just keep moving so you don't get hit by arty.

Well duhhhh but you don't know in advance what map your going to get when you join a battle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users