Update 1.5.1 Common Test Rolls Out

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Sgt_Lighting177 #61 Posted May 21 2019 - 12:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 79 battles

View Postrogombor, on May 19 2019 - 00:03, said:

Oh and being Swiss, will you review the Pz 58 Mutz changes?

Heya there. I don't think so. There is a lot to be covered from the Testserver and we also got now ranked on EU Server. I feel a bit burned out by World of Tanks with 1.5 + FL and now Ranked back to back. Don't count on it D:

View PostAvalon304, on May 19 2019 - 19:46, said:

The changes seem fine. Because they are.

I do always laugh when people complain about such minor and insignificant changes such as a loss of 2 HP/ton (on the PTA) or a loss of 3kph off of the reverse speed (on the Leopard 1). Its just funny. Neither of these things are meaningful in the grandscheme of the tank.

Same with complaints about the hydrosuspension on the Swedish mediums and STB... its one of the few systems in this game that WG got right on the first try, which is saying something.

Tbh you sound like someone which hardly played Leopard 1 and doesn't know how important mobility is for a huge box of tinfoil. And yes I can say that I died 3 times due to the lack of reverse speed on the Testserver. It hurts even more when it was a Stage II clipping your turret.

About STB-1 and working mechanic. You do know that the real life version can also angle left and right? which is... and hold your horses... not in the game. So calling it right on the first try is a bit... weird to me. Pic for context: 

After looking at your stats Avalon I can see that you neither have Leopard 1 nor Leopard PTA. So to be honest. I don't think you should have any words in such things.. If you want to see mine, here https://de.wot-life.com/eu/player/RagingRaptor/

Edited by Sgt_Lighting177, May 21 2019 - 12:41.

GWyatt #62 Posted May 21 2019 - 13:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3827 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

View PostDOZER5050, on May 19 2019 - 21:41, said:

Why the [edited]do I need to install a 2nd game center to play on test server?

Why did you have to install a 2nd game center for the CTS? You just add the CTS to the current version of the game center.

If I remember right, you go under the Game Settings tab in the current Game Center, then I think you select Install additional game instance and follow that. I'm exactly sure that how's it's done, so may someone else can explain how to add it better.

_Bagheera_ #63 Posted May 22 2019 - 09:11

Major

• Players
  • 36334 battles
  • [ICON-] ICON-

View Postthegreat101, on May 16 2019 - 17:19, said:

So after Playing the STB-1 on the Commen test a few games, Right away the "BEST FEATURE" of this tank is the new Suspension. Hands down, Clap WG i love it!! i also love the DPM Increase. i dont mind the lower damage for better DPM...

but there is a problem with it... Because i have lower damage and faster reload, i need to poke MORE often to do my damage... so that means i am exposed alot more than some tanks. so Trying to make this a Frontline brawler, and having only 222MM of turret armor, just does not fit, when MED tanks such as 430 U have 340MM of pen. and i even with my GD i can't pen him without being Punished for poking. Also add the Poor gun handling, "while is better than before"  i end up Rushing my shots because i'm SCARED of being Penned, even with the slight armor increase. because the tank has little armor, it cant effectively BRAWL at close range. it needs to keep moving because arty can pen it EASY. and its turret can still be penned with gold rounds, making the armor... still ineffective VS its own tier. but strong VS lower tiers.

I feel 1 of Two things need to Happen. The Hull Armor needs to Increase so arty can no longer one shot you... or the Turret armor needs to Increase to stop MEDS from penning you like butter, "but make the top of the turret weaker so it still has a weakspot." you have to keep moving in this tank, and with the poor gun handle still it cant Brawl like you guys want it to!!! 140's are still better! even on ridge lines. and its all because of the armor.

I would love to see the 140's Rule the Brawl on Flat grounds due to better hull, and the STB Rule Ridges, "because of REALLY WEAK HULL" but strong turret, that is hard to pen. but right now. all i feel it needs is more Turret armor. at least 260MM to be effective!

I saw that problem coming a mile away.

The STB needs to keep its current gun and reload. It just needs the suspension, Gun handling buffs, and the slight turret buffs they are giving it. The more you poke in paper tanks, the more you get shot. The STB isnt gonna bounce much, if at all, so limiting the pokes you need is absolutely mandatory. M48 is still going to be a better choice any day. Even more so now with the loss of velocity and alpha damage.

Steelheart67 #64 Posted May 22 2019 - 19:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 20529 battles
is the test client working for everyone? Am I the only one who cant log in?

Jambijon #65 Posted May 23 2019 - 20:47

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3610 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

CT2 Updates:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/604713-update-151-common-test-2-is-here/

fireraiserbr #66 Posted May 23 2019 - 21:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 59681 battles

View PostKaiserWilhelmShatner, on May 16 2019 - 22:51, said:

Will the Object 430U nerf be forgotten about again?

like 121 buff is forgotten for years, even before 430u was in the wargaming's belly

forget chinese mediums, lets make more op soviets lines ending with obj 430u and 705a

Edited by fireraiserbr, May 23 2019 - 21:03.

BabA_YA6A #67 Posted May 23 2019 - 23:56

Captain

• Players
  • 26352 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG

The STB-1 is still utter horse manure!!!!

If this garbage goes life I just gonna sell it.

BabA_YA6A #68 Posted May 23 2019 - 23:59

Captain

• Players
  • 26352 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG

View PostAvalon304, on May 20 2019 - 03:46, said:

The changes seem fine. Because they are.

I do always laugh when people complain about such minor and insignificant changes such as a loss of 2 HP/ton (on the PTA) or a loss of 3kph off of the reverse speed (on the Leopard 1). Its just funny. Neither of these things are meaningful in the grandscheme of the tank.

Same with complaints about the hydrosuspension on the Swedish mediums and STB... its one of the few systems in this game that WG got right on the first try, which is saying something.

You don't have neither of the two tanks.

How would you even know.

Just put a cork in it!!!

IOWADragon #69 Posted May 24 2019 - 15:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 8138 battles
  • [EF5] EF5
This was the first time I played the common test. I did manage a few battles in the STB-1 and at least the hydropneumatic suspension  seemed to work just fine, a bit slow as to be expected with an automatic system I guess, but at times useful. 

Jaspo #70 Posted Jun 01 2019 - 19:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 30375 battles

I'm a bit confused...why is my player WTR so much different than my tank's WTR after one battle on the test server?

Posted Image

Posted Image

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users