OK - Here's my Prediction

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

umkhulu #1 Posted May 17 2019 - 02:11

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 124 battles
Even Deputy George Preddy is not going to prevent the demise of the NA server unless WG does something about these grossly unbalanced games which spoil our enjoyment of a really great game.

Edited by umkhulu, May 17 2019 - 02:26.

Al_Scarface_Capone_ #2 Posted May 17 2019 - 02:14

Captain

• Players
  • 35940 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
Unbalanced as in arty? Cause Wargaming has a lot in store for 2019?

Altwar #3 Posted May 17 2019 - 02:17

Major

• Players
  • 57756 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View Postumkhulu, on May 16 2019 - 17:11, said:

Even Deputy Goerge Preddy is not going to prevent the demise of the NA server unless WG does something about these grossly unbalanced games which spoil our enjoyment of a really great game.

If you say so, Chicken Little.  

low_bidder #4 Posted May 17 2019 - 02:20

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 22785 battles

I agree with your comment.  Doubling down and tripling down with repeated unbalanced teams is not producing increased player counts and enticing new players to spend money.  It's doing just the opposite.

However, WOT needs to find alternative revenue sources in such a way as to not drive away paying customers.

FastForward7 #5 Posted May 17 2019 - 02:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11531 battles

View PostAltwar, on May 17 2019 - 02:17, said:

If you say so, Chicken Little.  

I've always wondered at all of you folks who pretend the health of the NA server is just dandy. You've been here as long as I have, so you surely remember when NA had two servers. Now there's one. Why do you suppose that is? Just for funsies? The game is losing players. Maybe that's through no fault of WG's, and it's just the natural life cycle of the game, but regardless, the game is slowly dying. At least here in NA. To pretend otherwise is just as silly as saying NA will be a ghost town by 2020.

Hellsfog #6 Posted May 17 2019 - 02:37

Major

• Players
  • 37661 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostFastForward7, on May 16 2019 - 20:22, said:

I've always wondered at all of you folks who pretend the health of the NA server is just dandy. You've been here as long as I have, so you surely remember when NA had two servers. Now there's one. Why do you suppose that is? Just for funsies? The game is losing players. Maybe that's through no fault of WG's, and it's just the natural life cycle of the game, but regardless, the game is slowly dying. At least here in NA. To pretend otherwise is just as silly as saying NA will be a ghost town by 2020.

I've always wonder at all the mediocre and sub-mediocre players who pretend that some change to MM will suddenly make them not meh. Why do you suppose that putting you on teams with only players at the same skill level will some how stop teams from losing and sometimes losing big.  This game as been dying since 2011 for a variety of reasons and yet it is still going and bad players are still looking for excuses. To pretend that bad players won't always look for some mechanic to save them is silly. 

Altwar #7 Posted May 17 2019 - 02:39

Major

• Players
  • 57756 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostFastForward7, on May 16 2019 - 17:22, said:

Everything is dying.  This game, that game, this person and that person. There's no doubt about that and I'm not doubting that World of Tanks is in the mature stage of life.   

OP's thread though is the latest in a series "if this doesn't happen, the game will perish" posts.  These posts have been put in the forum since as long as I can remember and thus, the dismissive "okay Chicken Little" comment.

Because, eventually, even Chicken Little will be right.  The sky will fall and he world will end.   Likely when we and many of our successive generations are long gone.  Or as soon as a moment from now from who knows what calamity.

And World of Tanks will come to an end sometime.  Who knows when?   Meanwhile I'll keep enjoying the "dandy" experience I have every time I play.

But meanwhile there's this discussion of grossly unbalanced games going on where the OP asks Wargaming to do something.  Do something like what?  Alter random from being random?

So you can wonder at "folks like me" all you like, but projecting your thought as if it's the one I had is an incorrect move on your part.  ;)

umkhulu #8 Posted May 17 2019 - 02:40

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 124 battles

View PostHellsfog, on May 17 2019 - 02:37, said:

I've always wonder at all the mediocre and sub-mediocre players who pretend that some change to MM will suddenly make them not meh. Why do you suppose that putting you on teams with only players at the same skill level will some how stop teams from losing and sometimes losing big.  This game as been dying since 2011 for a variety of reasons and yet it is still going and bad players are still looking for excuses. To pretend that bad players won't always look for some mechanic to save them is silly. 

Dream on Hellsfog!.

umkhulu #9 Posted May 17 2019 - 02:45

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 124 battles

View PostAltwar, on May 17 2019 - 02:39, said:

Everything is dying.  This game, that game, this person and that person. There's no doubt about that and I'm not doubting that World of Tanks is in the mature stage of life.   

OP's thread though is the latest in a series "if this doesn't happen, the game will perish" posts.  These posts have been put in the forum since as long as I can remember and thus, the dismissive "okay Chicken Little" comment.

Because, eventually, even Chicken Little will be right.  The sky will fall and he world will end.   Likely when we and many of our successive generations are long gone.  Or as soon as a moment from now from who knows what calamity.

And World of Tanks will come to an end sometime.  Who knows when?   Meanwhile I'll keep enjoying the "dandy" experience I have every time I play.

But meanwhile there's this discussion of grossly unbalanced games going on where the OP asks Wargaming to do something.  Do something like what?  Alter random from being random?

So you can wonder at "folks like me" all you like, but projecting your thought as if it's the one I had is an incorrect move on your part.  ;)

Why hasten the end by catering to a small band of elite players at the expense of the majority who just happen to be mediocre?.

24cups #10 Posted May 17 2019 - 02:47

Major

• Players
  • 24233 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Here's my prediction OP.  You will continue to preach doom and gloom from your alt account.

FastForward7 #11 Posted May 17 2019 - 02:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11531 battles

View PostHellsfog, on May 17 2019 - 02:37, said:

Do me a favor and explain what your post has to do with anything I wrote. Did I bring up the MM, or do you simply have reading comprehension issues?

And no, the game has not been dying since 2011. It was growing, up until around 2015, when the NA server population slide began. 

umkhulu #12 Posted May 17 2019 - 02:51

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 124 battles

Poor old George - got the fate of the NA server on his shoulders.

Don't let us down George!.

Altwar #13 Posted May 17 2019 - 02:54

Major

• Players
  • 57756 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View Postumkhulu, on May 16 2019 - 17:45, said:

Why hasten the end by catering to a small band of elite players at the expense of the majority who just happen to be mediocre?.

Who is catering?   Explain yourself?  Random battles are random.  You go in and you take your chances.  Sometimes your team is good, sometimes not, many times it's mediocre.  That's what random is.

AManCalledJordan #14 Posted May 17 2019 - 03:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3386 battles
  • [SHIRE] SHIRE

View Postumkhulu, on May 17 2019 - 02:45, said:

Truth is the players base is worse than mediocre and almost every complaint/balancing measure they propose can be mitigated by simply improving individual play.  Most just wont put in the effort...  A fair amount of players still want chess and not [edited]ter checkers.

umkhulu #15 Posted May 17 2019 - 03:10

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 124 battles

View PostAltwar, on May 17 2019 - 02:54, said:

Who is catering?   Explain yourself?  Random battles are random.  You go in and you take your chances.  Sometimes your team is good, sometimes not, many times it's mediocre.  That's what random is.

A 30% winrate for a session is NOT fun even if it was 60% yesterday. Who cares if it will eventually balance itself out after an infinite number of battles. Many of us can see the winchance even before the battle starts and in my experience, it's pretty accurate. So who really wants to have a battle where the outcome is predetermined 90% of the time?

In my opinion, balanced teams will go a long way in  reviving the interest and excitement that used to be part of this exceptional game!.

Hellsfog #16 Posted May 17 2019 - 03:21

Major

• Players
  • 37661 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Postumkhulu, on May 16 2019 - 20:40, said:

Dream on Hellsfog!.

I don't understand your post in this context. What am I supposedly dreaming about? Bad players crying on the forums for some mechanic to make them not bad? I wish.

View PostFastForward7, on May 16 2019 - 20:51, said:

Do me a favor and explain what your post has to do with anything I wrote. Did I bring up the MM, or do you simply have reading comprehension issues?

And no, the game has not been dying since 2011. It was growing, up until around 2015, when the NA server population slide began. 

Sorry I can't understand it for you. 

GeorgePreddy #17 Posted May 17 2019 - 03:22

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View Postumkhulu, on May 16 2019 - 22:11, said:

Even Deputy George Preddy is not going to prevent the demise of the NA server unless WG does something about these grossly unbalanced games which spoil our enjoyment of a really great game.

Deputy GeorgePreddyJr can do anything... above is a photo of the gun I'll be using this weekend, when I'm gonna give away 250 GOLD for everyone who can destroy my tank !!

I found this gun in Rio de Janeiro at Fort 18 Army Museum at the south end of Copacabana Beach.

If I have to singlehandedly save not only the Central server, but WoT itself, then so be it.  I am up to the task.     :honoring:

This is my small back-up gun, a little 6-incher made in Euclid, Ohio. I also got it from Fort 18.

Pay no attention to the old f*rt in the photo, he's not important, he is not the droid you are looking for.

pafman #18 Posted May 17 2019 - 03:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36349 battles
  • [-_-] -_-

View Postumkhulu, on May 17 2019 - 02:11, said:

if anything, preddy and his ilk of low tier leaches are hurrying the game's demise.

how about you run a few nights of streaming so we can see your contribution to the "grossly unbalanced games"

GeoMonster #19 Posted May 17 2019 - 03:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 34877 battles
  • [MUG-D] MUG-D

View Postumkhulu, on May 16 2019 - 20:10, said:

A 30% winrate for a session is NOT fun even if it was 60% yesterday. Who cares if it will eventually balance itself out after an infinite number of battles. Many of us can see the winchance even before the battle starts and in my experience, it's pretty accurate. So who really wants to have a battle where the outcome is predetermined 90% of the time?

In my opinion, balanced teams will go a long way in  reviving the interest and excitement that used to be part of this exceptional game!.

You will NEVER convince the elite minority who believe that EVERYTHING revolves around large numbers and that it equalizes out.  They will NEVER realize that the FUN and FRUSTRATION NEVER will balance out.  Their solution for the most part is to uninstall XVM and become ignorant and stupid as to what is really happening.  Or, to just git gud.  You'd do better arguing with a dead person than to try to make them understand reality.

FastForward7 #20 Posted May 17 2019 - 03:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11531 battles

View PostHellsfog, on May 17 2019 - 03:21, said:

Sorry I can't understand it for you. 

Apparently you aren't capable of answering a simple question, either. I'd be willing to bet there's a lot that you don't understand. 

And by the way,

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users