-PSA-Blueprints- Free exp unlock T1-4 on all nations

blueprints wgsucks

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Mciracer #1 Posted May 17 2019 - 12:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12058 battles

For those that still care, a tip is to free exp all Tier 1-4 tanks in all nations, so you get blueprints for T5 up only.

The free exp cost of T1-4 tanks is low so wont cost you much.

GLHF

Guido1212 #2 Posted May 17 2019 - 12:55

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 80576 battles

Bump, great advice.

I'm sure most understand but here's the reason for any new players.  You won't waste any vehicle specific blueprint drops on low tier tanks.

GenPanzer #3 Posted May 17 2019 - 12:55

Major

• Players
  • 43898 battles
And what exactly is the benefit of doing this? I can't seem to find one.

Mciracer #4 Posted May 17 2019 - 12:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12058 battles

View PostGenPanzer, on May 17 2019 - 12:55, said:

"You won't waste any vehicle specific blueprint drops on low tier tanks."

You also reduce the pool of tanks.

GenPanzer #5 Posted May 17 2019 - 13:09

Major

• Players
  • 43898 battles

View PostMciracer, on May 17 2019 - 06:58, said:

"You won't waste any vehicle specific blueprint drops on low tier tanks."

You also reduce the pool of tanks.

That does not help anything. The way bps work is that you first get the bp of a random tank, whether you have it researched or not. If you have the tank's bp researched, the bps is converted to either it's national bp, or a universal bp. So, blowing free xp on that many tanks, doesn't give anyone any advantage in bp drops. It just wastes someone's free xp.

Mciracer #6 Posted May 17 2019 - 13:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12058 battles

View PostGenPanzer, on May 17 2019 - 13:09, said:

That does not help anything. The way bps work is that you first get the bp of a random tank, whether you have it researched or not. If you have the tank's bp researched, the bps is converted to either it's national bp, or a universal bp. So, blowing free xp on that many tanks, doesn't give anyone any advantage in bp drops. It just wastes someone's free xp.

You said it yourself, they get more universal BP converts.

Either way it's something folks who have 150k free exp to spare wont mind, it's a non issue to ensure they get BP for relevant tiers.

PTwr #7 Posted May 17 2019 - 13:22

Major

• Players
  • 44722 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

View PostGenPanzer, on May 17 2019 - 11:55, said:

Free xping is waste indeed. But doing it on x5 events or assignable x3 is good idea. One of my first bp was Birch Gun, since then I filled in dozen or two of low tier holes to avoid further waste. Even universal bp is better than tier 4 one. 

GenPanzer #8 Posted May 17 2019 - 14:16

Major

• Players
  • 43898 battles

View PostMciracer, on May 17 2019 - 07:16, said:

You said it yourself, they get more universal BP converts.

Either way it's something folks who have 150k free exp to spare wont mind, it's a non issue to ensure they get BP for relevant tiers.

It does not ensure any bps for relevant tiers. It's random.

So, either waste the free xp and get more universal bps, or save the free xp and get some low teir bps to save on research xp. I'd pick the latter.

If the system for gaining bps was to never give you bps for tanks you have researched, then your psa would be sound advise, but since that's not how it works, you are telling player to waster their free xp needlessly.

Mciracer #9 Posted May 17 2019 - 15:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12058 battles

View PostGenPanzer, on May 17 2019 - 14:16, said:

It does not ensure any bps for relevant tiers. It's random.

So, either waste the free xp and get more universal bps, or save the free xp and get some low teir bps to save on research xp. I'd pick the latter.

If the system for gaining bps was to never give you bps for tanks you have researched, then your psa would be sound advise, but since that's not how it works, you are telling player to waster their free xp needlessly.

I hear you mate but not everyone has to cling onto free exp for dear life.

If it's that way for you ofc be wise with your sparing usage, but for everyone else it's a smarter move than not.

DrWho_ #10 Posted May 17 2019 - 15:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 21920 battles

Well yes and no to this tip

A blueprint on a tier 4 Medium is worth around 825 XP, at least it is on the VK 20.01 D

A Universal/National BP is only worth more than that from around tier 8 and up

Tier 5 it's worth around 300

Tier 6 it's worth around 550

Tier 7 it's worth around 550

Tier 8 it's worth around 800

Tier 9 it's worth around 1000 as is a tier 10

(these numbers depend on the tank of course but I did quick rundown on some meds)

So for someone like me who's not really grinding tier 9/10 and tend to stop at tier 7/8 as I don't find the tanks above that all that interesting I would actually blow away free XP I could instead use on researching modules, which is what I usually spend my Free XP on so I don't have to play stock tanks

That said if there are some really painful grinds in the line you intend to grind then it might be worth it or even if you just prefer not to grind at all

Edited by DrWho_, May 17 2019 - 15:57.

GenPanzer #11 Posted May 17 2019 - 16:08

Major

• Players
  • 43898 battles

View PostMciracer, on May 17 2019 - 09:00, said:

I hear you mate but not everyone has to cling onto free exp for dear life.

If it's that way for you ofc be wise with your sparing usage, but for everyone else it's a smarter move than not.

It is not a smarter move. That is my point. The whole purpose of your PSA is to advise players on how to help them get higher bps by using their free xp and research the lower tiers immediately, so that they don't get those low tier tank bps. But, they still will, therefore making your advise based on false logic.

With or without the new blueprints, anyone could, if they wanted to, spend free xp however they see fit. How they spend their free xp DOES NOT influence any specific tank blueprint at all, which is what you are alluding to in your PSA.

BlackAngelCom #12 Posted May 17 2019 - 16:32

Captain

• Players
  • 9316 battles

It increases the rate you get universal or national instead but not really the value. Tier IX and X are worth ~ 1000 free XP/universal fragment. 

Save the free XP and unlock the Tier II-IV tanks with play during events.

PTwr #13 Posted May 17 2019 - 17:33

Major

• Players
  • 44722 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

View PostBlackAngelCom, on May 17 2019 - 15:32, said:

It increases the rate you get universal or national instead but not really the value. Tier IX and X are worth ~ 1000 free XP/universal fragment. 

Save the free XP and unlock the Tier II-IV tanks with play during events.

With new premium account you do not need an event anymore, just do x2 on booster and stack assignable x3 on top. And it allows you to avoid x5 weekend "teams", which alone makes PA worthy its price :D

Example:

No boosters, just good game without any seal clubbers (except me?) on either team. If I'd need I could summon 5k more xp :D

Bye you boring yet-another-sherman.

Edited by PTwr, May 17 2019 - 17:57.

BlackFive #14 Posted May 17 2019 - 18:48

Major

• Players
  • 34661 battles
  • [_E_] _E_

View PostMciracer, on May 17 2019 - 12:44, said:

For those that still care, a tip is to free exp all Tier 1-4 tanks in all nations, so you get blueprints for T5 up only.

The free exp cost of T1-4 tanks is low so wont cost you much.

GLHF

Shammalammadingdong #15 Posted May 18 2019 - 00:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32071 battles
  • [SBS] SBS
Good post!  Thanks for the heads up

Byracki #16 Posted May 18 2019 - 01:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32792 battles

People throwing so much shade... I completely agree with this idea!

If you are swimming in free XP, burn a little bit now and then on the low tiers to get better blueprint drops.

Even if you can't agree with going up all the way to tier 4, look at the same idea but stopping at tier 2 or tier 3.

Also even if you are cheap, just play the T1s (literally free to buy) and research all the T2s (what like 1 game to research?), then play the T2s and research all the T3s (What, like 3  games each tank?)

BlackFive #17 Posted May 18 2019 - 02:19

Major

• Players
  • 34661 battles
  • [_E_] _E_

Actually - it's pretty expensive

8_Hussars #18 Posted May 18 2019 - 19:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 57401 battles
  • [-RECK] -RECK

There are a few key questions to put the OP in context:

1) Does having more/less researched tanks increase earned blueprint drop rate?
No, this is distributed by WG using some pseudo-random schema and includes most tanks in the tech tree.  The big caveat here is that if a player earns a blueprint for a tank already researched, it is converted to a Universal blueprint or a National blueprint.

2) Does having more/less researched tanks increase your earned blueprint value?
If you look at the table linked below generally the pure tank XP value of blueprints scale up with tier.  By extension the increase in value is offset by the increasing number of Universal blueprints and National blueprints required to craft a blueprint.  Within the limited data set the "value" of a Universal or National blueprint translates to about 900 tank XP at Tier 7 and above and less than that below.  The data set indicates that in general; a Universal or National blueprint is "valued" more than Tier 4 and below blueprints.      

Conclusion

Via comparison an Universal or National blueprint is "valued" more than Tier 2-4 blueprints.  This indicates some "value added" to researching Tier 2-4 tanks.

If a player is interested in crafting blueprints for unresearched tanks, then as per the OP, researching the Tier 2-4 tanks will increase the drop rates of Universal blueprints and National blueprints.

Ultimately, how to research the Tier 2-4 tanks is a matter of personal preference.  Free XPing them seems unnecessary (and a poor use of Free XP IMHO) but as already suggested, running boosters in conjunction with X2s and stacking other bonuses will make quick work of the grind(s).   

Basic WoT Blueprint Analysis

Daemonwolfe9999 #19 Posted May 18 2019 - 21:08

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21591 battles

Wouldn't be wisest to just pick a a tier 1-4 you don't have; burn through whatever modules to get to the next tier; then do the same for that higher tier, until you have all tanks from tiers 1-4 unlocked. Players can always return to them at a later time to unlock all the modules and play them for fun.  Mind you this isn't a great idea for the newest players. This would be better for more experienced players who'd like better chances at increased universal and nationals BPs.  

That being said I'm not a fan of the BPs myself. I'm taking into consideration that if you play your tank normally, working through the modules, your crew is in the tank longer and getting the experience. Let's take say a tier 8 that requires 8 BPs and requires 100k exp to get to the next tank. Just 1 BP used takes off roughly 12%(i'm not doing the exact math here). So in this example that's 12k exp that's not going to crew members. Now increase that by multiple BPs. Plus you also have to consider whatever free exp used to unlock modules that the crew isn't getting. Right now when you get a BP there's no option to not use a BP, it's automatically deducted. Players could always elect to keep playing that tank. This is more likely if they like the tank, if your experience is bad however....  In my opinion that's not good for any player let alone new ones.

Personally I'd rather see something in game that would allow us to unlock the tank modules quicker other than free exp. Would you rather be stuck with a stock tank or play with it's top gun and other modules readily available? I'd rather have the top gun myself. Being stuck bottom tier in a stock tank is just pure garbage.

gingerted91 #20 Posted May 18 2019 - 22:19

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1312 battles
  • [MORDR] MORDR

View PostDaemonwolfe9999, on May 18 2019 - 21:08, said:

That being said I'm not a fan of the BPs myself. I'm taking into consideration that if you play your tank normally, working through the modules, your crew is in the tank longer and getting the experience. Let's take say a tier 8 that requires 8 BPs and requires 100k exp to get to the next tank. Just 1 BP used takes off roughly 12%(i'm not doing the exact math here). So in this example that's 12k exp that's not going to crew members. Now increase that by multiple BPs. Plus you also have to consider whatever free exp used to unlock modules that the crew isn't getting. Right now when you get a BP there's no option to not use a BP, it's automatically deducted. Players could always elect to keep playing that tank. This is more likely if they like the tank, if your experience is bad however....  In my opinion that's not good for any player let alone new ones.

I would suggest that almost any non-new player pays credits and runs 75% crews in Tiers 1-4 and new players likely wont use this method.  It does not make sense to train or maintain crews below Tier 4 (unless that's the confront zone).

Crew XP is only really tied to length of time in the tank if you look at it that way.  Not everyone blasts through every tank to move onto the next one and not everyone automatically discounts crew training.  Premium tanks can and do assist in crew training. 

View PostDaemonwolfe9999, on May 18 2019 - 21:08, said:

Personally I'd rather see something in game that would allow us to unlock the tank modules quicker other than free exp. Would you rather be stuck with a stock tank or play with it's top gun and other modules readily available? I'd rather have the top gun myself. Being stuck bottom tier in a stock tank is just pure garbage.

I think it works either way but blueprints for modules is a great suggestion!

Also tagged with blueprints, wgsucks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users