TD's are worse then Arty and need to be removed from the game...

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

eastcoastlobster #21 Posted May 17 2019 - 18:42

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 63 battles
Might as well just reduce the game to just the Mittengard map. So for all ...... There is no place for anyone to hide, no place to camp, no place to run away and there will be no capping.

Altwar #22 Posted May 17 2019 - 18:50

Major

• Players
  • 58550 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View Postxrays_, on May 17 2019 - 09:13, said:

This is completely false. Have you ever even tried to blind-fire at an artillery while in a non-artillery? It's possible and effective, especially if, as you suggest, you have even a small amount of situational awareness. All tanks can be hit by blind fire if you know where to shoot. Actually dealing damage is a different result.

x.

Yeah, GA didn't seem to understand that the first time I mentioned it to him. Lakeville, Abbey, Mines, Ensk, Serene Coast are some of the obvious maps where this can be done.  I speak from experience of having done it and having it done to.  

Tuzban #23 Posted May 17 2019 - 18:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37797 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostHighly_Illogical, on May 17 2019 - 15:28, said:

TDs rely too much on team play to be effective...... They aren't OP.

Unlike arty.

noboater #24 Posted May 17 2019 - 19:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35115 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

If WG dosen't let us transfer to other servers we probably won't have to worry about it much longer.  :hiding:

Just sayin.look at todays hot topic---Ranked Battles=poof.

Edited by noboater, May 17 2019 - 19:11.

Firemoth #25 Posted May 18 2019 - 10:03

Major

• Players
  • 38183 battles

View PostWaywardChild, on May 18 2019 - 01:16, said:

There, I said it. Sitting in the back, donut eating, can't keep up with the Offense no skill to play TD's are ruining this game. Or limit them to two per game. WoT's is dying and THIS is the reason. 

show us on the doll where the bad TD touched you

mworthy #26 Posted May 19 2019 - 20:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11383 battles
  • [941ST] 941ST
so what? are we all gonna say tds are overpowered because they hurt your big bad heavy tanks? just like they did with arty for the past 8 [edited]years and make them totally unplayable have maps made that work against them, and up their reload and accuracy to such a crapdegree that its a miracle they even hit anything?

Wa11etWarrior #27 Posted May 21 2019 - 21:34

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8406 battles
  • [LK7TH] LK7TH
Perhaps it may be best for the Wargaming folks to just shut down Tanks and Warships for now and put all that time and effort in Warplanes.  That way, just in time for the Christmas sales, they can restart both games in mid-December and rake in all the Rubles from the Wallet Warriors who will be falling all over each other to get back to playing.

Firemoth #28 Posted May 22 2019 - 06:01

Major

• Players
  • 38183 battles

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4895940#malinovka-firemoth-t28

munching donuts and farming HTs is hard work

Edited by Firemoth, May 22 2019 - 06:03.

scHnuuudle_bop #29 Posted May 22 2019 - 07:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 21441 battles

View PostGAJohnnie, on May 17 2019 - 17:14, said:

Well an amusing attempt to provide a fraudulent equivalence between SPGs and other tank classes. But again, complete fail.

Any tank can use vision mechanics to its advantage. But the problem for the Arty worshipers is TDs are still direct fire and Arty is not. As long as you have even a small amount of situational awareness you can blind  return fire at an invisible TD.  You cannot at Arty.

So while a bold, and verbose, attempt at rationalizing the absurd, still a major fail.

What a pile of whooey.

Blind fire at a hidden enemy, not spotted, behind multiple bushes. Possible, sure, getting killed by vending machine falling on you, possible sure.

You have a very very vague idea , using your magic situational awareness. A real weak idea of about, sort of, somewhere over in that  very rough direction, sort of, did I already say sort of?

A rough idea from where the shot came from, and perhaps an educated guess, which bush.

Which side of bush? Middle of bush perhaps. How about the rock just behind that bush, maybe that building, same LoF, 1/2 way. Maybe he was just along that line and not covered at all.

This work of fiction has been thrown around.

Put your money where your mouth is.

Show us a replay of all the blind shots you are so extremely successful and proud of.

Go to a training room, see how many times you can return fire at invisible enemies. Of course without being told where.

Try several maps, include lots of cover and movement.

Show us, because this mythology is old. 

Edited by scHnuuudle_bop, May 22 2019 - 07:41.

GRINCH7777 #30 Posted Aug 26 2019 - 02:45

Captain

• Players
  • 48175 battles
  • [SHUSH] SHUSH

View PostWaywardChild, on May 17 2019 - 09:16, said:

There, I said it. Sitting in the back, donut eating, can't keep up with the Offense no skill to play TD's are ruining this game. Or limit them to two per game. WoT's is dying and THIS is the reason. 

....get back on your meds......or smoke another bowl.....your pick.

sdfge545 #31 Posted Aug 26 2019 - 20:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1277 battles
They are now, WOT has made them useless, when light tanks are routinely getting more dmg and more kills than tank destroyers the whole class is broken.

CardboardJedi #32 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 05:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13397 battles
  • [DDVR] DDVR
i prefer to play my T95 as it was intended- by shoving it straight up peoples noses

US_3rd_Army #33 Posted Aug 29 2019 - 13:40

Major

• Players
  • 38226 battles
  • [MAD-] MAD-

Thor_24 #34 Posted Sep 02 2019 - 23:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 17368 battles

View PostWaywardChild, on May 17 2019 - 15:16, said:

the game is dying from getting shot every 20 sec by arty for 500 and a 15 sec stun so u cant play or they 1 shot u in tier 8 tanks ARTY is OP and will forever be for baddies 

ftbraggnc84 #35 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 01:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 52310 battles

Arty is not and never has been an anti-armor weapon.  In real life an average fire mission takes 5 minutes to go through 3 adjust fire rounds before fire for effect.  Average accuracy is 3 of 6 rounds within 200 meters of the target.  Safest place to be versus arty IS the target.  It has no place in the game.

TDs on the other hand are direct fire and are a primary anti-tank weapon system.  If you are engaged by TDs then you may fire back at them.  Not so with b.s. arty.

Complainers about TDs miss the point about wot being a team game.  Lights and fast mediums have to combine efforts to locate targets. Heavies and TDs destroy those targets. WoT has nerfed camo to the point where TDs are generally visible soon as they fire.  I play tds all the time - I can assure you I don't do well if I just sit still the whole game.  As the forward elements move I too must move to provide the support im designed for..

Focus on maximizing the team aspect.  Learn to fulfill the mission of your vehicle in concert with your team mates.  Have a backup strategy if they screw up.  If you rush over a hill so your tds cannot support you that is your fault.  If you invite the enemy to chase you into your supporting td fire you are smart.

WoT is fun because each game your team mates succeed or fail in their jobs and you must adjust.  The unicums have it figured out.  The rest of us aspire to hone our skills equally well.

WaywardChild #36 Posted Sep 19 2019 - 18:23

Captain

• Players
  • 38889 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_

View Postftbraggnc84, on Sep 15 2019 - 16:58, said:

Arty is not and never has been an anti-armor weapon.  In real life an average fire mission takes 5 minutes to go through 3 adjust fire rounds before fire for effect.  Average accuracy is 3 of 6 rounds within 200 meters of the target.  Safest place to be versus arty IS the target.  It has no place in the game.

TDs on the other hand are direct fire and are a primary anti-tank weapon system.  If you are engaged by TDs then you may fire back at them.  Not so with b.s. arty.

Complainers about TDs miss the point about wot being a team game.  Lights and fast mediums have to combine efforts to locate targets. Heavies and TDs destroy those targets. WoT has nerfed camo to the point where TDs are generally visible soon as they fire.  I play tds all the time - I can assure you I don't do well if I just sit still the whole game.  As the forward elements move I too must move to provide the support im designed for..

Focus on maximizing the team aspect.  Learn to fulfill the mission of your vehicle in concert with your team mates.  Have a backup strategy if they screw up.  If you rush over a hill so your tds cannot support you that is your fault.  If you invite the enemy to chase you into your supporting td fire you are smart.

WoT is fun because each game your team mates succeed or fail in their jobs and you must adjust.  The unicums have it figured out.  The rest of us aspire to hone our skills equally well.

This ^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users